[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why do people get mad when others enjoy video games they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

File: 1494308002858.jpg (34KB, 489x645px) Image search: [Google]
1494308002858.jpg
34KB, 489x645px
why do people get mad when others enjoy video games they don't like?
>>
>>377172730
because they have shit taste and play fucking shit. YOU DONT UNDERSTAND YOU CASUAL SHITTER
>>
If I don't say anything they'll eventually attack my tastes. Best to strike first.
>>
File: 1438134667874.png (128KB, 485x536px) Image search: [Google]
1438134667874.png
128KB, 485x536px
It can be frustrating when consumers reward really shitty content/practices.

Like Call of duty/Elder scrolls and DLC

Like Dayz, Battlegrounds, etc with buggy unfinished early access

Like everything EA for DRM, scummy business practicess etc

Beyond that though idk
>>
>>377172730
Because my opinion is always fucking right
>>
File: 1489376914091.png (2KB, 299x276px) Image search: [Google]
1489376914091.png
2KB, 299x276px
Because you don't want people to waste their times with shitty games while there is hundreds of great games!
Which kind of cruel faggot would let thier fellow anon to waste his precious time with steaming pile of shit while we could all enjoy playing great games!
>>
>>377172730
Its one's duty to explain to others how they have SHIT TASTE
>>
File: me.jpg (487KB, 1280x1552px) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
487KB, 1280x1552px
>Be me, "the TF2 guy" in my circle of friends
>Want to share it with my friends, none of them can be bothered even though the game is free and I was willing to give them whatever items they needed
>Overwatch comes out, everyone loses their minds over it
>mfw
>>
File: 1481503336018.gif (885KB, 250x189px) Image search: [Google]
1481503336018.gif
885KB, 250x189px
I don't know, do you enjoy eating shit?
>>
>>377172730
Because by posting on /v/ there is an assumption that you are an enthusiast and thus have taste in games beyond "entry level". By choosing to ignore this you lower the quality of the board and force discussion to only the most base and milquetoast games. If you really call yourself a fan of any medium, it's perfectly reasonable to get upset at someone who places less value in your medium of choice yet still act like an expert.

Secondly, if everyone had the same opinion, there would be no reason to discuss anything.
>>
File: 20170514215125_1.jpg (484KB, 1904x1001px) Image search: [Google]
20170514215125_1.jpg
484KB, 1904x1001px
>>377172730
It's not just games. It's music, art, tv shows, style of clothing, looks, litterally everything. That's the way it is. Why do you care? Just do what you want.

Some anon asked what game recently. It's Vilmonic, you watch how pixels evolve and plant mushrooms.
>>
>>377172730
why wouldn't they?
>>
Autism.
>>
We live in a capitalist society where the successful and well-received become the trend setters. If someone doesn't like a product, then that person is likely to discourage others in partaking in that product so more of it won't be pushed.

This is not hard to figure out.
>>
I chalk it up to blind fanboyism. Same reason why you can't criticize company X in any way or some fucking sperg will freak out on you.

For example:

>Loved Nintendo since the NES
>I have genuine issues and frustrations with my Switch and how modern Nintendo operates
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SONYGGER ARRRRGH BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT NINTENDO

I could talk some shit about Sony too, it's called being an objective adult who can criticize the things he likes
>>
>>377172730
I don't really get mad at people for enjoying video games, but I can understand people who do.

If a game you don't like gets popular, it takes away the collective attention of devs to put resources into those types of games. For example, when Gears of War was released, Unreal fans were frothing because its commercial success meant Unreal would go on the backburner for more GoW games.

The same thing happens with a lot of genres. DotA and LoL get popular, resources are pulled from RTS games towards DotA clones. Counterstrike gets popular, resources are pulled from Quake style games towards it. There's only so many developers and so much resources in the world, and if they are allocated to one project, they can't be given to another.

This is why people get upset. The existence and proliferation of types of games they don't like takes away from those they do.
>>
>>377172730
because voting with your wallet is a thing and we already have plenty of shit games.
>>
File: fx4xGsk.gif (367KB, 500x227px) Image search: [Google]
fx4xGsk.gif
367KB, 500x227px
>Enjoy platformers, beat em ups, ARPGs, spectacle fighters, FPS and TPS games
>Also enjoy many AAA games, and many generic titles (like Mario and Zelda)
>/v/ constantly tells me I have shit taste
>Every game I love is shit tier
>I'm the reason modern video games are bad
>Suggest to me that they have patrician taste above all others
>Ask for recommendations
>They tell me to play JRPGs, MMOs, competitive multiplayer and anime dating simulators

I literally ignore everything you guys suggest anymore. I've never once played a game recommended from /v/ that I enjoyed (besides Dragon's Crown). It's still fun to come here and post my genuine opinions about games because you always get so deliciously triggered.
>>
Because you liking those games make them continue to exist.
>>
Because on the internet everyone turns autistic.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.