[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was this a good sequel? How did you feel about the ground combat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: rebel strike logo.png (656KB, 922x468px) Image search: [Google]
rebel strike logo.png
656KB, 922x468px
Was this a good sequel? How did you feel about the ground combat levels? Is Rogue Leader the best arcade shooter of that era?
>>
>>377121678
Your second question answers your first, the on-foot levels ruined the game. Rogue Leader was the best looking game of that era.
>>
>>377121678

Ground combat levels were cringeworthy. What a way to ruin a franchise.
>>
>>377121678
Good game overall, but it wasn't quite at Rogue Leader's level since the on-foot levels were god awful.
>>
>>377122256
>>377122172
>>377121871
Where the fighter levels comparable to Rogue Leaders though?
>>
As a kid i actually liked the on foot stuff more than the ship stuff. Playing it now the on foot stuff is so trash.
>>
>>377122634

The fighter levels? Do you mean the starships? A little uninspired. Rogue Squadron and Rogue Leader had a better selection of planets and ships. Strike has a retarded TIE which flies like shit and a space tunnel level. Don't bother.
>>
The geonosis level still amazes me to this day.
>>
If you're asking because you want to emulate it, don't bother. Dolphin can't handle that shiz, or Rogue Leader.
>>
>>377121678
Ooh shit I remember emulating this some months ago, thanks for reminding me to finish.
>>
>>377123221

Why? It's horrible!
>>
>>377122634
Not quite. The TIE Fighter AI was horrifically nerfed in Rebel Strike so that the dogfighting is pure shit by comparison just so they could have literally dozens on screen at any time. It's something you wouldn't notice unless you paid attention.

>>377123260
>If you're asking because you want to emulate it, don't bother. Dolphin can't handle that shiz, or Rogue Leader.

That's wrong. This isn't 2012. Dolphin can now handle both games and there are even HD texture packs running for them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoAyqnE2oKs
>>
File: canvas.png (526KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
canvas.png
526KB, 852x480px
>>377123421
Huge amount of asteroids that you can blow up.
>>
>>377123708
Sure it can, but the sound is still fucked up. That video is a best case scenario, try it on your toaster and see for yourself.
>>
>>377123987
>Sure it can, but the sound is still fucked up. That video is a best case scenario, try it on your toaster and see for yourself.

Wrong. That video was from 2 years and 3 months ago. The audio bugs were fixed a long time ago. There weren't any when I played and that was back in the middle of 2015.

>try it on your toaster and see for yourself.
>>
>>377124136
I know you're full of shit because I'm booting it on the latest build and it still runs like ass compared to any other game. Maybe you should try playing games instead of watching them on youtube.
>>
>>377124569
To be fair to you I remember reading that at some point some recent accuracy changes impacted on it, but it was perfectly playable previously.

Are you playing a development version or the stable one?

>Maybe you should try playing games instead of watching them on youtube.

You must be new here.
>>
File: mom-games-th.jpg (10KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
mom-games-th.jpg
10KB, 300x200px
>>377121678
It was a good expansion pack to rogue leader since it offered most of rogue leader's levels playable in coop
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.