[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game has aged like milk. It's clunky and very rough

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: media_cloud_big.jpg (153KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
media_cloud_big.jpg
153KB, 800x600px
This game has aged like milk.

It's clunky and very rough around the edges. Map models look like ass and the pre-rendered backgrounds don't help the wonky controls. I never know which way is up on the d-pad. The translation is spotty and sometimes doesn't make sense. There are plot holes everywhere. If you take the time to learn Ememy Skills, this game is an absolute breeze once you get Aqualung and Beta. The game is broken as shit. Vincent gets a 255% accuracy rate weapon which combined with Deathblow materia will wipe out any enemy in the game in minutes.

But I think that's what made this game so much fun. You had to play through multiple replays to find out that you could wipe with Enemy Materia and subsequently how to acquire the proper skills. I'd also say most players even missed out on actual characters in their playthroughs due to how rigirous some of the sidequests are. The random encounters can even be punishing at times when trying to make it through dungeons.

FF7 is a good game.
>>
>>377121239
whew lad

what
a
rollercoaster

that was
>>
Maybe I'm biased but it aged well for me save the overworld models and how easy it is. It's also really linear as far as power creep goes, materia is OP as shit and it has your generic RPG every few bosses whoops your ass gimmick.

Still, music, story, atmosphere and the sense of adventure are tremendous. Though now I'm an adult I'll literally laugh at the poor polygonal characters supposedly crying or bent over in grief or agony.
>>
>>377121239
I thought the Overworld models looked better than the battle models, those at least managed 30fps
>>
>>377121590
It has really hard to watch the scene where Dyne and Barrett get their arms shot and feel any sort of emotion as the graphics are literally terrible in this scene in particular.
>>
File: 1494945865042.jpg (77KB, 640x1067px) Image search: [Google]
1494945865042.jpg
77KB, 640x1067px
>>377121239
Final Fantasy VII is my favourite game
>>
>>377121239
8 is better. heh
>>
File: Cloud-Whatever.jpg (12KB, 295x131px) Image search: [Google]
Cloud-Whatever.jpg
12KB, 295x131px
>>377122334
>>
Majority of old games have aged like milk.
Nostalgia trumps anything though.
>>
>>377122334
the scenes with laguna are terrible and don't fit well with the rest of the game. i really found that shit to be weird.
>>
>>377122025
Autistic way to say you got shit taste.
>>
>>377122334
You're right
Best mingame, best optional content/dungeons, best OST, best towns
>>
>>377121239
It should belong to /vr/
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.