[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"Flow Water": We filtered it, put it in a fancy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: v_tbd[1].jpg (1MB, 2880x1800px) Image search: [Google]
v_tbd[1].jpg
1MB, 2880x1800px
>"Flow Water": We filtered it, put it in a fancy bottle and are marketing it using famous actors ! :^) "

This game is so shit at "satire" its unreal. Will someone tell Rockstar's writing team that just describing things does not count as a joke by itself?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTXSO4hRE34
>>
>>377119307

The quality of writing in the radio shows started to go down sharply with GTA IV. Vice City had some lazy moments where they explain the joke, but stations like VCPR tended be a lot more clever than anything I've listened to in a GTA game in the last decade.

It's what happens when Rockstar tries too hard to be topical and doesn't give a shit about being clever or convincing anymore. Everything needs to be "topical" and "political" these days, even if it degrades the final product.
>>
PISSWASSER, THIS IS BEER
DRIVE DRUNK OFF A PIER
>>
>>377120037

Saving grace of that bit was the fact that it was a song. If it was just some static commercial of some guy talking about how much he loves drinking and beating his wife, without any actual jokes, then it'd bland and boring. Some people might laugh because it's "offensive" but that's pretty much it.
>>
>>377120175
That's off IV, IV had good radio adverts.

Are you fat because you're on a scooter, or are you on a scooter because you're fat? Who cares? It doesn't matter; you're on a scooter, and they're not.
>>
>>377119307
satire in the gta games was never a sticking point right? at least not in the early days. i dont think people picked up 3 or the 2d games for the humor. it was just set dresing so the world didnt feel empty. vice city is where the satire started, and it continued to be good until 4. the jump to modern day doesnt grant the benfit of hindsight. if feel like 4 has better satire than 4 since it talks about cell phones and the internet and hipsters in a much less annoying way than 5 its hard to believ when 4 came out cell phones in everyones pockets was a new idea i stll prefer the cold war flavor of vc and vcs. the gameplay change at the end of san andreas about the race riots of 91 was probably rockstarts best attempt at makinging these games have value as reflective works.
>>
>>377120532
>It's another "Anon sucks the metaphorical dick of IV for no reason" post
>>
>>377121127
>it's another V kiddie who hates IV because of some bullshit reason like struggling with driving
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9GmxSocYyg
>>
>>377121516
Not him, but I hate them both.
>>
> just describing things does not count as a joke by itself?

You can't make good satire over this fuckup of a decade because it IS its own fucking satire.
>>
The whole scene with

>I AM HANGING OUTSIDE THE SUNROOF OF A LIMO
>I AM DRUNK XD
>I HAVE LOOOOOOTS OF ISSUES BECAUSE SOCIETY XDDDD
>WHAT A WACKY THING XDDDD

This, for some reason, needed to drag on for the entire limo ride which you do not control

Fuck Rockstar is so goddamn bad at humor
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.