[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just started this, what's better in this game, STR or MAG?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 422
Thread images: 69

File: SMT-IVA-Cover.jpg (105KB, 890x606px) Image search: [Google]
SMT-IVA-Cover.jpg
105KB, 890x606px
Just started this, what's better in this game, STR or MAG? I remember STR was absolutely worthless in IV while MAG was just so much better. Is it still the case here?
>>
>>377104885
Str goy fixed.
World of str is best route again.
>>
Just go magic. It's a game with press turn and smirk, str will narrowly edge it out at the end and only against enemies that have no weaknesses.
>>
>>377105654
It's not like Dex wasn't an even better phys stat in IV.
>>377104885
Both are fine. Str was straight inferior to Dex, because it mostly affected just regular attacks, instead of physical skills.
>>377105806
With high enough luck you get crit every turn. Plus there's crit eye in IVA, but for physical skills only, while magic only crits when you're smirking.
>>
>>377105920
Everything crits while smirking. There's Smile Charge, which gives you smirk. There's never a reason to crit eye.

If you go magic, you never need to raise luck and don't even need much agility. You're going to have a way higher magic stat than a str build's strength stat. You end up doing flat out way more damage way more often for most of the game and most enemies.

You don't need to pretend about WORLD OF STR just because it's alright. Fucking meme ruined ever asking or giving advice for this series.
>>
File: 1492568351791.png (61KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
1492568351791.png
61KB, 400x240px
>Boss weak to Ice
>Luster Candy x3
>Concentrate
>Smirk
>Glacial Blast

MAG is still objectively the best way to go.
>>
File: 075 - i0YYJ7d.jpg (7KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
075 - i0YYJ7d.jpg
7KB, 228x221px
>>377104885
FUCKKKKK I went all DEX because I wanted to use Guns, thought they would fix this
>>
You must have played it wrong. MAG is helpful but by end game STR is the only way to go in IV. I used light and dark skills for a while in apocalypse before pouring everything into DEX at /v/'s recommendation, but I regret it, STR is the best.
>>
>>377106243
Smile Charge costs a fuckton of MP compared to Crit Eye though, while having virtually similar effects. Crit Eye also gives you 100% accuracy with the next physical attack.
>>
>>377106731
You have a fuckton of MP though. Especially as a magic build, where Energy Drain is able to do 500+ almighty damage while healing you that much and draining 80+ MP.

If you're gonna be wasting turns self-buffing, you may as well charge/concentrate and smile charge. It's just plain better than crit eye.
>>
>>377107027
And then YHVH fucking Divine Harmony's all your prep work.
>>
File: 1342087380664.jpg (101KB, 501x540px) Image search: [Google]
1342087380664.jpg
101KB, 501x540px
>>377104885
Is Apocalypse worth a playthrough? I loved my time with SMT4 but I've heard bad stuff from Apocalypse. What it seems to always boils down to is that the story is absolute dogshit in comparison and it only improved upon gameplay.
>>
>>377107168
>SMT
>story
Good one.
>>
>>377107168
Insuferable friends but you get the chance to kill them all
>>
File: Stephen.png (265KB, 518x742px) Image search: [Google]
Stephen.png
265KB, 518x742px
Is Stephen the most powerful character in SMT? He fights five Messiahs at once when he stops holding back.
>>
File: nanashit2.jpg (118KB, 858x1000px) Image search: [Google]
nanashit2.jpg
118KB, 858x1000px
>>377107168
If you liked IV, you'll love IVA.

Faggots just like complaining and know literally nothing about the series beyond fucking memes about killing your friends, as if that is 90% of the game instead of a climax.
>>
>>377107519
they're all messiahs that got game overs though

bitch ass messiahs
>>
>>377107519
He oddly reminds me of Stephen Hawking.
>>
>>377107519
He only fought the ones that were shit and died, though.

Jackass didn't even let the summoners summon, except for Nanashi.
>>
>>377107612
You don't say.
>>
>>377106731
>>377107027
IIRC Crit Eyes 100% hit rate is better than Smile Charge on Apocalypse where everything fucking misses and using multi-hit attacks is suicide.

On other difficulties, or with single hit attacks like Akasha Arts, use Smile Charge.
>>
File: WVW69juZHrIdG7--m_.jpg (184KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
WVW69juZHrIdG7--m_.jpg
184KB, 400x240px
>>377104885
The character has an Irish god as a stand. Luck is the canon build.
>>
>>377107568
Seems to me like they're just faggots who only played Nocturne and SJ then thought every SMT should be like those two without exception.
>>
>>377106461
>late game bosses
>weak to anything
>>
>>377107756
They're weak to almighty
>>
>>377107168
The Persona-esque party are annoying at worst. Some people like them, some people hate them, and luckily the game accommodates both groups.

Killing them all is the only way to save the world though. Otherwise you'll just get Aleph'd in a few years when YHWH regenerates.
>>
The strongest attack in the game, Akasha Arts, is a physical attack. So Strength is the best endgame, especially because of the special story skill you get. Magic is probably more useful for most of the game though because free press turns. If you're playing on Conflict difficulty or lower then you can get away with any build. It's so easy to fuse amazing demons in this game so you can always get your party to carry you if your build doesn't work well on a particular boss
>>
File: 1459898354646.jpg (285KB, 800x1150px) Image search: [Google]
1459898354646.jpg
285KB, 800x1150px
>>377107696
>>
>>377107720
I guarantee Heroine or Hiroko in 1 and 2 would be reviled as shitty waifubait, and they'd say the entire section with the Puck and Hanoun in SMT2 was inspired by Persona.
>>
>>377107814
>The Persona-esque party are annoying at worst
this, asahi's clinginess got annoying at times, her saltiness when toki came along was hilarious though
toki is the better girl anyway
>>
>>377107849
Why is she so perfect?
>>
>>377104885
Is there a stat reset cheat for these games? I want to experiment with builds on the fly, not waiting for new playthrough.
>>
>>377107661
Wait so he was modeled after him? Holy shit.
>>
>>377108000
Nope. GG if you wasted any points in the AGI trash stat.
>>
>>377107842
The strongest attack doesn't mean anything when enemies aren't weak to physical, which means you have to rely on crits or wasting turns buffing to get smirks + extra damage/turns. Which likewise means dumping into luck instead of your damage stat, which means magic's strongest attacks will end up doing more because they'll have 80-160 more magic than a Str build will have Str, which will also be multiplied by weakness bonuses more often.
>>
File: 1494198968443.png (116KB, 239x230px) Image search: [Google]
1494198968443.png
116KB, 239x230px
>brainlet STRfags think that STR is the best

No sweetie, MAG is supreme.
>>
>>377108053
Most bosses endgame won't be weak to magic either.

It also depends how endgame we're talking about. I've beaten Twisted Tokyo until the fiends stop getting stronger at level 999. I did a lot of testing on this with 999 on every stat. All the fiends have weaknesses but a charged, smirked Akasha Arts will do more damage to David than a concentrated, smirked weakness Thunder Gods will
>>
>>377107720
That's exactly it, though most of them didn't even play SJ, either.

It's just Nocturnefriends that cry the loudest. They're also the ones, unsurprisingly enough, that try to claim superiority to Persona. I love Nocturne but when you create that good a game it always creates elitism in a fanbase
>>
>>377104885
100% MAG baby
>>
>>377108053
The shit you fight at endgame isn't really weak to magic either but can still be crit just fine. Physical is just straight superior once you get access to Akasha Arts, it has much higher base damage than any of the strongest magic spells and is basically 100% crit rate once you invest enough into luck. Not that it matters much though outside of trying to do dumb shit like killing the higher TT cycle fiends as quickly as possible, everything else will melt regardless
>>
>>377108236
>not LU
>>
File: SMT-DJS-Scan-1.jpg (654KB, 2334x1453px) Image search: [Google]
SMT-DJS-Scan-1.jpg
654KB, 2334x1453px
>>377108567
>though most of them didn't even play SJ
They will play the upcoming remake and try their best to claim Persona ruined another SMT game.
>>
>>377104885
You literally cannot make an unviable build in either game
Just do whatever you want
>>
>>377104885
>mag was so much better in 4
Dex was better. You can use elemental ammo if you REALLY need that extra press turn, can crit, get almighty skills, and the player better serves as a physical striker since physical demons split their points between Dex and Str while magic demons are just fine.

Plus, the gun with instant death chance ammo is a great trash clearer.
>>
>>377107027
crit eye gives you smirk next turn though
>>
>>377108358
With two turns of setup on both and the most absolutely unreasonable stats, the stronger move will do more damage. Crits and Weakness do the same multiplier, and magic can't hit a weakness AND crit at the same time.

You could have Thunder Gods'd the weakness for an extra turn and smirk, then concentrate, then Thunder Gods again. I'm sure that'd have evened out the damage and then some, along with giving you an extra press turn instead of all that prep.

>>377108654
I've done multiple playthroughs and I don't even know how much luck you need to get anywhere near 100% crit with that, but it easily cuts into your Str stat significantly.

I don't get how no one ever in any of these statistical circle jerks ever includes player stats contribution to base damage, how useful it is for the ENTIRE game and never hits a roadblock, or the extra press turns it gives.
>>
>>377107756
Did you play Apocalypse? Basically every boss, up to and including the final boss, had elemental weaknesses.
>>
>>377108052
I thought AGI is one of the important stats beside damaging stat (str/mag) and luk?
>>
>>377108737
SJ is shit and a meme. DSJ will just be shit
>>
>>377108929
>how useful it is for the ENTIRE game
But people were straight up saying Magic is better for the vast majority of the game. It's just a fact that physical outdoes it by quite a lot at the endgame, especially if you go above lv99.

>I don't get how no one ever in any of these statistical circle jerks ever includes player stats contribution to base damage
But that's one of the main reasons physical is stronger. It scales off of both Str (which has point for point the same impact as Mag) and Dex, which has slightly less impact but still significantly more than Str/Mag after you hit the softcap at 300.
>>
>>377108936
Dagda
Vishnuu
Satan
YHVH before the power of friendship kicks in and makes him weak to even physical, making it moot
>>
The tone of the game is pretty off, but it's still fun for what it is.
>>
>>377109276
Bull fucking shit it's moot that he can become weak to physical.

That's a 1/8 chance for physical compared to a 3/4 chance for magic.
>>
>>377107168
But the story is leagues better than SMT IV. It has much better villains.
The problem is that it has a persona-ish ending and an edgelord ending and so people tend to complain about the story because of it and about the characters because they are what makes it like that.

But just go play it, throughout the whole story it is much better than IV at everything.
>>
>>377109276
Nice 4 examples (also forgetting vishnu is weak to light and dark after using his multihit moves). Let me provide a few:

Metatron
Mitra-Buddha
Inanna when she uses her spells
Apsu
Seth
Baal
Odin
Lucifer
Merkabah
All the fiends
Cleo
Mephisto

Man, that's a LOT more examples...
>>
What the fuck Luck doesn't make magic crit ?
>>
>>377109454
>Mitra-Buddha
You really don't want to hit that guy's weakness.
>>
>>377109534
Magic crits while smirking and hitting an enemy's non-weakness.
>>
>>377107168
Apoc's story is much better than 4's. For one, the plot moves consistently rather than short bursts and the villains are much more engaging and are more reasonable than 4's.

People don't like that there are a few happy moments you have with your crew (forgetting 4 also did the same) and exaggeratingly shitpost about all the minor flaws. The only real problems are that a lot was reused from 4 and the final dungeon is unnecessarily long (but not altogether different from earlier games' confusing as fuck dungeons so the only people who tend to really whine are underages). It's absolutely worth a playthrough.
>>
>>377109663

Ok time to erase my save

I made a critical mistake
>>
>>377109454
Odin was hard to beat even with his weakness to force. In fact hitting his weakness only made him stronger. That whole boss battle was designed to test the play to see who they will choose to held them endure the Concentrate, Will of Thunder, and Thunder Reign Combo.

Inanna's boss battle was way fun due to the banter.
>>
>>377109556
If you debilitate the fuck out of him every turn you don't need to worry about that move where he stops his stats from decreasing since he should be in the negatives. The amount of time to set up a powerful attack is enough to put him at -3 so self righteous vow doesn't even matter
>>
File: nanashiro.png (7KB, 320x120px) Image search: [Google]
nanashiro.png
7KB, 320x120px
>>377109763
4 Mag/1 Agi master race.
>>
>>377109724
People were more upset that Nanashi couldn't side with the Divine Powers and that the power of friendship was forced upon them by the plot. Sure SMT4 had a few happy moments, but the change in tone wasn't awkward.
>>
>>377109891
Oh I know Odin is tough to beat (more on war or apoc, conflict odin is a joke) but I was posting examples of endgame bosses that have weaknesses.
>>
>>377109724
Sick meme.
Apoc's story is very simple with basically nothing but the main plotline ever moving forward. It's extremely formulaic and boring and constantly having ten people following you around that suck your dick makes it feel more like a Persona game than anything.
IV had a lot of cool story arcs that served the world building while Apoc just kinda tells you to go fuck yourself and read through log files if you care, but on the other side holds your hand with constant over the top explanations for even the smallest twists and turns in the main story, it's pretty fucking condescending when it comes to that to be quite honest, the game treats you like a complete retard.
IV was a strong case for show, don't tell, in story telling. It relied heavily on the atmosphere and reading between the lines. Apoc is the polar opposite of that, while it has more of a main story line as a driving force behind the game everything else went to complete shit
>>
>>377110081
Siding with the divine powers was all that I really wanted
>>
>>377110180
I like SMTIV's world building, but the plot itself was not built up well at all. They completely fucked up the law and chaos dichotomy with the first choice of Jonathan/Walter because Jonathan wasn't siding with Tayama in the slightest. After that Walter's characterization (and thus lead into the entirety of Chaos's forces) is fucking retarded.

Ultimately IV ended in the power of friendship winning against law and chaos and removing the dome for a very happy ending where everyone was living together, and they very much sucked your dick the whole way. But I guess that conflicts with your narrative, so whatever.
>>
I'm about to start the old ass Nocturne, anything I should know about?
>>
>>377110508
There's a massive difference in people starting to suck your dick after you have loads of accomplishments under your belt and your little crew of friends doing it throughout the entire game even while you are still fucking absolutely everything up at every possible opportunity because you are a cute little twink boy that can do no wrong.
>>
File: 1493754866628.jpg (56KB, 485x723px) Image search: [Google]
1493754866628.jpg
56KB, 485x723px
>>377110625
World of STR
>>
>>377110653
Fuck off, the very start of the game you're a goddamn casualry and it just so happens you're so amazing that you can overcome seasoned veteran samurai, with a group of other young samurai who all love you. You all overcome enemies no one in Tokyo ever dreamed of overcoming, like the Minotaur and Medusa. They constantly plea for you to join them.

Nanashi has a useless puppy dog childhood friend who's the only one unconditionally with him. He also happens to have become a fucking GOD, not that he just happened to be that strong despite being a kid like Flynn was the instant he picks up a shitty sword. He's granted inhuman power by a god who constantly is manipulating you and trying to play you against humanity, while everyone else wants to keep tabs on you and either kill you or use you to their own advantage.
>>
>>377108038
No shit he's a wheel chair bound scientist named Steven who did a shit load of work with physics.
>>
>>377110081
I wanted a DP route as well but to be honest I don't know what they would have done with it or how they could've written it, seeing as Krishna is a massive asshole and that's one of the reasons why he's such a cool character

>>377110180
>with nothing but the main plotline moving forward
And why is this a bad thing? You're phrasing what I think you're trying to say really poorly.

>game treats you like a retard
Name one point where the game overexplains a basic twist or a turn instead of stating it. This is what I'm saying, you people overexaggerate the flaws in the broadest of sense.

>4 relied on atmosphere, apoc more on story
Well, no shit. 4 barely had a story moving forward so it needed the oppressive, alien atmosphere. Apoc has a different but still serviceable atmosphere in the same setting and actually had a plot that moved instead of just stood still.
>>
>>377111241
>Don't know how to write it
Krishna would have totally allowed Dagda to join him, and seeing how they would need a godslayer to take out YVHV regardless, they wouldn't need Flynn and just use Nanashi.

It kinda writes itself.
>>
>>377111490
But Dagda was against Krishna's plan to begin with. He was always planning to double cross him.

Nanashi's a trash godslayer without Dagda, seeing as he straight up will just fall apart dead within minutes after Dagda leaves him.

Meanwhile they had the real deal with Flynn already.
>>
>>377110954
This so much. In apoc, you have to earn everyone of your partners' respect bar asahi (which makes sense) and even then the majority of people either don't trust you or want to manipulate you. It fits in with the game's overall theme of 'being your own person' and doing what you want.

In 4, which has no real theme except for aping off of 1, Jonathan and Walter are immediately your best friends, people like navarre who hate you are obviously bad guys, nobody ever develops or changes except for walter's retarded alignment shift, and the story up until the first alignment split feels very much like a fun adventure with friends in a strange and unusual land. Even apoc threw in massacres, shesha, the angel and demon war with obvious signs all throughout the game to show that tokyo is an extremely dangerous place.
>>
>>377111241
The game over explained how Inanna was able to revive herself in the Cosmic Egg, and why she needs her power back so badly.Granted, Inanna goes from mother rightfully pissed at catching her daughter stealing from her purse to bargaining with the same daughter. It also tends to over explain how the Universe works and why people hate YHVH's guts.
>>
>>377111490
Dagda didn't want you to join Krishna, and Krishna wanted his original power back, which he couldn't do with Nanashi since he was already taken by dagda. He needed flynn.

>>377111894
They didn't overexplain any of those things. How the universe and YHVH work is explained very well by the time you infiltrate Tsukiji Konganji the first time and anything past that are Dagda and Krishna arguing about how it should be done. I don't even remember the whole Innana thing, unless you're talking about when nozomi explains why she's coming after you.
>>
>>377111807
I feel like some people are missing the fact that Apocalypse is told from the perspective of the average Tokyo citizen, who had live with the demons for 25 years and need to be street smart in order to survive.
>>
>>377109894
Yeah I don't worry about that move as long as I don't keep hitting his weaknesses anymore. For me the best strategy was to debuff him constantly and just keep hitting him hard, without hitting his weaknesses.
>>
File: smt4finalcrew.png (2MB, 912x1218px) Image search: [Google]
smt4finalcrew.png
2MB, 912x1218px
>>377112437
It's nice how even when Flynn's rallied them up for HOPE at the start, Nanashi and crew still would've all died pointless deaths if not for Dagda's intervention. Hell, neutral route SMT4 is just what happens without Nanashi taking Dagda's offer, so all of these characters are just dead in that happy ending.
>>
>>377104885
Is this the series where holy dance is a mandatory?
>>
File: 1494591683787.png (55KB, 224x205px) Image search: [Google]
1494591683787.png
55KB, 224x205px
Does anyone have the lawfag vs chaosfag I AM SILLY comic?
>>
>>377112698
That's the tactics ogre of persona Devil Survivor
>>
File: smtdance.gif (70KB, 500x438px) Image search: [Google]
smtdance.gif
70KB, 500x438px
>>377112698
Nah, that's just Devil Survivor 1.
>>
do not TOOT it
>>
>>377112852
>>377112828
Ah okay. I just remember someone in another thread saying holy dance is a must but I wasn't too sure what game he was mentioning. There's so many damn games in this series.

Not sure where I should even start desu
>>
>>377112669
One of the things Apocalypse did right was make Nanashi a low level scrub who worked his way up the ranks by taking on small jobs. Even demons treat Nanashi like a casual acquaintance, except for female demons who throw their tits at him, or wanna kart him around to make other female demons jealous.
>>
>all the little stuff on ng+
>Dagda constantly smirking about situation with Sheesha or Odin/Flynn battle because he knows what's going on
>>
>>377108038
The OG devil summoner himself.
>>
>>377108038
I doubt even the Japs knew he was based on.
>>
>>377113130
VENOMOUS RAGA
>>
>>377107519
If you don't count The Axiom, yes he's canonically the strongest character, even if he wasn't fighting every messiah at thier fullest, that's still a situation any other character could end up being butt fucked in seconds, while he was still fine after the fight.

Besides I don't think you could actually 'kill' Stephen.
>>
File: raga.jpg (41KB, 600x380px) Image search: [Google]
raga.jpg
41KB, 600x380px
>>377113583

FUCK YOU
>>
>>377113171
Start with SMT: Nocturne, SMT Strange Journey or SMT: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers. Those are the best mainline experiences. You could also start with IV but I wouldn't recommend it as it references previous games in ways others do not.

On the off chance you are a huge fan of both SNES RPGs, first person dungeon crawling and/or classic table tap role playing you might actually enjoy SMT I and II and could start with those. Obviously play I first, II is one of the only direct sequels.

There are a lot of other good spin offs but it's not always best to start with Digital Devil Saga or Raidou even though they are good.
>>
>>377113346
If you look closely at the group of demons that appear the first time the Divine Powers make their entrance, some of them are bosses the party faces later in the game.
>>
>>377113958
>starting with soul hackers
You want the man to kill himself or something?
It has some of the worst dungeons in the game and doesn't really help that ps1/saturn 3d didn't age really well.
>>
>>377114210
Soul Hackers arguably has the best atmosphere and setting.
>>
>>377107519
What the fuck is his deal anyway
He's in a bunch of games and doesn't really do too much.

I fucking hate all these weird behind-the-scenes characters they introduce in most SMT games only to never properly flesh them out.
The those faggots from SJ that are too abstract to even properly impact the plot
>>
>>377114370
We need more Mastema.
>>
>>377114210
Thing is you can say that about SJ also. You could also say it about Nocturne to a lesser extent. The reality is that's SMT man. If you can't get past that kind of thing then you're better off just playing Persona and I don't mean that in a belittling way. The reality is SMT games are hard with some tedious dungeon crawling and if you don't like that you won't like SMT.

You could tell them to play IV first because it's a lot better with it's dungeons but like I said, then you are having people miss out on how much IV references from past games.
>>
File: 1478873835465.jpg (49KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
1478873835465.jpg
49KB, 620x350px
>just finished Persona 5
>3 threads up
>they're all about waifus
>any gameplay I try to bring up gets ignored
Holy shit, first time I played a Persona game. I thought it was just a stereo type.
You fags are alright. Don't go to Tsukiji Konganji tomorrow.
>>
>>377114256
>arguably
Right word. Still doesn't really matter if it's mechanics he has to put up with.
>>
>>377114210
Soul Hackers has some of the best designed dungeons in the franchise, what the fuck are you talking about?
It's fairly slow by modern standards and the main story is more of a side thing to the stellar setting and silly amount of side content, but the dungeons are all incredibly unique and full of cool shit. The dungeons and incredible intricate negotiation systems are like the two things it has going over pretty much every other Megaten title.
>>
where the fuck is the black card quest

WHERE
>>
>>377114470
Sector E is easily the worst in the entire series, and SJ is easily the most brutal in terms of difficulty.
Especially when you basically have to memorize those fucking dark areas because they don't get mapped.
Which would be kinda ok, but you need to backtrack to get all the formas you need so hope you have a map handy.
What the fuck where they thinking with that game? Let's not even get started with mem aleph.
Also the demiurge is easily the most bullshit boss in the series, even taken into account that he's the true final boss.
>>
>>377114528
It's the worst kind of cancer.
Speaking of gameplay just beat Minatauros in KMT and he almost wiped my full party. Harder than every boss fight in SMT 1. What's up with this?
>>
>>377114210
Soul hackers dungeons are fine

The Mudo success rates aren't
>>
>Got the chaos ending in IV
>Didn't even bother replaying
Who the fuck thought that needing a guide to get the proper alignment, plus having to do all the shitty guild missions was a good idea?
>>
>>377114705
>Harder than every boss fight in SMT 1
SMT 1 is easy as fuck dude. Status ailments are insanely over powered and like no boss is immune to them.
>>
>>377114581
>negotiations
>good
I fucking hate this shit to be honest
They should have just kept the random cards from P4
>>
>>377114878
>needing a guide
Not really. It's just a matter of perception mostly.
>>
>>377114920
You are the only one who thinks that. How a roulette wheel is better than an actual game play system in your mind is beyond me.
>>
>>377114878
It's not that difficult to get neutral, I got it on my second playthrough just fine without using a guide. Just try and alternate between law and chaos options and pick the obvious neutral one whenever it pops up
>>
>>377114951
I'm sure the insane teleporter section in sector E was also just a matter of perception
>>
>>377114893
I didn't abuse status ailments or power level tho so the game was still pretty damn tough but nothing like this. It's the same amount of turns but the enemy is 100 times more dangerous.
>>
>>377114878
>Who the fuck thought that needing a guide to get the proper alignment,
Please tell me anon, what's the "proper alignment" and how did you figure out it was the proper one?

You're looking at the game the wrong way dude. That's not how alignment is supposed to work. You don't choose it, it's a representation of the values you hold.
>>
>>377115087
You've never played a proper dungeon crawler, have you?
SJ's dungeons are pretty straightforward and simplistic, they are pretty similar to the main EO dungeons which is to say not complicated at all. Even if you are only talking about Megaten you should take a look at some of the maps from If... or the postgame SH dungeons
>>
>>377115113
That's a can of worms dude. Don't question them for they are legion and they are many.
>>
>>377114878
>>377115073
You can literally just pick the first choice for every dialogue option in the game and get the neutral ending
>>
>>377115087
You will laugh, but it was for me since SJ was my first megaten game and I had some genuine fun with exploring it.
>>
>>377110180
I agree but Apoc gameplay is so much better.
>tfw no IV maniax edition with apoc gameplay improvements
>>
>>377115108
>I didn't abuse status ailments
Then you didn't use the heroine, She's only good at casting spells and her best spell is zionga, how do you "not abuse" a status ailment that triggers every time she damages a boss? On top of that the best bullets also deal status ailments.

It's not abuse to use the game mechanics dude. It's just a poorly designed game that's easy as fuck if you aren't dense. Using the best options in an RPG or strategy game isn't "abuse" it's being good at the game. If you have been under the impression that SMT I is hard realize most people actually disagree with you. It's not hard, it's tedious because of the inane encounter rate but even that can be dealt with by having one demon with estoma.
>>
>>377114210
speaking of wanting to kill yourself I just started nocturne for the first time and picked hard mode. I have no money and have to grind for an hour just to summon a weak level 30 demon to fuse. Are all smt hard modes poverty mode? I dont want to make the same mistake on my next game.
>>
>>377115515
Hard mode in Nocturne triples the cost of everything exactly so you can't do what you are trying to do. If you are grinding that much you might as well have played on Normal, there's very little difference at that point
>>
>>377115515
They are and they aren't. Some are worse than others but generally the reason they are like that is because they are intended for people who know exactly what they are doing. That means the intention is not for you to grind. If you are then you need to accept that you just aren't good enough or familiar enough with SMT mechanics yet.
>>
>>377115515
No, Nocturne's hard mode is the definition of artificial difficulty. I can't recall too many MegaTen games that give you a difficulty selection but both IVs and Persona 5's hard mode are just right.
Nocturne starts to feel really rewarding once you stabilize your macca income and get to invest Kalpa demons and mitamas in to one super demon that breaks the game.
>>
>>377114920
>hate negotiations
>P4
kys my nigga
>>
>>377115765
>the game starts feeling rewarding once you break it and kill everything in a single turn
You have a pretty weird way of looking at it, I'd just call that boring. The entire point of Nocturne's Hard Mode is that you have to pick and choose and can't just resummon shit at will and buy every Magatama as you come across them. If you are grinding for money, exp, and making broken demons there is virtually no difference between playing on hard and normal, at that point you might as well just have picked normal and saved a little time grinding since the actual experience is gonna be the exact same.
>>
>>377115625
>>377115754
>>377115765
Its too late for me to restart, I just beat daisoujo. I'll just grin and bare it.
If grinding is frowned an I guess I can just fuse trash demons until I get what I want, but my best demons are ones Ive leveled up and fused for their skills.
>>
>>377107519
Reminder that all SMT characters rely on getting skills from Magatama/Demon Whisper/Etc. and usually the demons are doing the legwork in their respective final games.
>>
File: 1494799187795.jpg (43KB, 500x437px) Image search: [Google]
1494799187795.jpg
43KB, 500x437px
>>377113171
IV is the most newcommer friendly in my opinion.
I started with DeSu1(the one with holy dance) which is also pretty cool, it did alignment routes the best in my opinion.
I am playing nocturne right now which is pretty good so far, but it is harder than the other games I have played, so maybe you want to start off with something easier to ease you into the series like the other 2 game I just mentioned, but if you want to jump right into nocturne that is fine too.
>>
>>377116392
>Reminder that all SMT characters rely on getting skills from Magatama/Demon Whisper/Etc.
>what's Devil Summoner and I/II/SJ
>>377114680
>demiurge is bullshit
He was easy. Just a beefier MA.
That point you got a Solomon ring, you got your level break and hopefully your endgame MA squad or at least most of the special fusions from the two runs unlocked to fuse up.
>>
>Blood Ritual
>increase attack/def/dodge but reduces HP to 1
Is this any gud? I just need to slap a Diarahan on afterwards. SMT4
>>
>>377116061
>If grinding is frowned an
It's not that it's frowned on as much as if you are having trouble without it you probably aren't as familiar with fusion as players who don't feel a need to grind. In nocturne I rarely used the compendium.
>>
What other games except for Nocturne were there on the PS2? No actual Persona gayness please.
>>
>>377117657
Raidou and Digital Devil Saga. Raidou has a good story but bad gameplay. DDS is just good but the least like other megaten family games.
>>
>>377117515
Just use Luster Candy

>>377117657
Persona the Raidou games, and Digital Devil Saga.
>>
>>377104885
so the best build for gun is DEX or STR?
Guns are for men,swords are for kids and magic is for pussies
>>
>>377118407
Dex until 300, then Str until 300, after that focus on Dex again until 999. Get as much Agi as you like and up to 200 Luck for max crit rate at some point too.
>>
File: doomguy.jpg (318KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
doomguy.jpg
318KB, 1280x1280px
>>377118879
Thanks for the tip brother happy fragging
>>
>>377118407
Dex was great in SMT4 but not so much in SMT4A. There's better Phys Skills than Gun Skills
>>
>>377118879
>then Str until 300
Why? I thought str didn't affect gun skills at all in SMT4A?
>>
>>377109085
What's your problem with SJ? It's a pretty great DRPG
>>
>>377121357
Str affects Gun and Dex affects Phys skills, just at half the rate your respective main stat does. After 300 your damage stat's worth gets cut by 2/3 so unless you focus on Magic you are better off switching over to your secondary damage stat at that point.
>>
>>377109085
what the hell are you talking about Sj is awesome
But DSJ looks like it's going be a smt 4 apocaypse 2.0 waifu crap it's a shame really
>>
>>377122518
Source? I remember something like that in SMT4, but I can't find any damage formulas for SMT4A.
>>
>>377122594
It doesn't look like that at all
>>
>>377122773
they are marketing this anime girl it has even that smt4 vibet that they push ''Neutral'' again
>>
>>377123004
>he doesn't like nukiko
>>
>>377123004
>they are marketing this anime girl
Because she's a new character

>it has even that smt4 vibet that they push ''Neutral'' again
SJ was already neutral like SMT 1
>>
>>377123140
waifu bullshit crap,i loved sj for it dark and serious tone without this bait shit not they want to change it sadly...
>>
STV4: Dex/Luck
Apocalypse you can honestly run either MAG or STR, but DEX is now just the inferior STR.

Luck is still OP as fuck for physical builds, so I went with s 2 STR/1 AGI/2 Luck build and cakewalked through the game.
>>
>>377107693
I swear smirking guarantees your next attack will hit in Apocalypse.
>>
>>377123234
>Because she's a new character
the schwarzfield mission is a military unit not a cosplay party and where is her demonica anway? humans can't breath without them in schwarzfield anway
>>
>>377123698
Clearly she's a demon
>>
>>377123274
>smt elitists hate persona so much that they sperg out over any cute girls
>>
File: Awake_Jimenez_2.jpg (21KB, 300x544px) Image search: [Google]
Awake_Jimenez_2.jpg
21KB, 300x544px
>>377123698
She's a demon.
>>
>>377123952
can't wait to kill her and jimenez in law path again..
Ah...good times indeed
>>
>>377124126
Fuck off law shitter.
>>
File: mastiffy.jpg (902KB, 1233x1745px) Image search: [Google]
mastiffy.jpg
902KB, 1233x1745px
>>377104885
>still $50
>have to buy DLC
>overpriced for shitty graphics and just a rehash of older game
>turn-based combat

Part of me wants to get this to fit in with the cool edgy crowd but meh
>>
>called Apocalypse with edgy art
>has the most bubbly sweet law path in any SMT game

thanks Fatlus
>>
>>377124446
Just mod your 3ds and get free games + DLC
>>
>>377124321
kill yourself chaos nigger
>>
>>377124493
>>called Apocalypse with edgy art
>>has the most bubbly sweet law path in any SMT game
What?
>>
>>377124493
Law path is siding with Merkabah and betraying your friends and blowing up Tokyo

Both Bonds and Massacre route are Neutral paths
>>
File: 1488300430970.jpg (151KB, 383x429px) Image search: [Google]
1488300430970.jpg
151KB, 383x429px
>mfw playing SMT 1 and SJ for the first time this month

Niggers why you never told me this games are fun as fuck

Also since this two are my first Atlus games ever, what other games are worth playing?
>>
File: SMT Starter Guide.png (3MB, 1600x4491px) Image search: [Google]
SMT Starter Guide.png
3MB, 1600x4491px
>>377125004
>>
>>377125004
Might as well finish 2 once you beat smt1.
Maybe play the megami tensei duology/KMT once you're done.
>>
>>377124696
Don't you have to go suck YHVH's right about now?
>>
>>377125261
don't you have to kiss lucifer ass right now?
>>
>>377125141
>>377125204

By the way, is Catherine any good?

I can grab a copy for cheap
>>
File: 1445022652928.jpg (271KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
1445022652928.jpg
271KB, 700x500px
>>
>>377123952
>demon
That would make sense, but then why does she have a retro-futuristic COMP on her hand?
>>
>>377125639
It's a qbert-like game about relationship.
It's fun though.
>>
File: 1456891548276.jpg (13KB, 286x265px) Image search: [Google]
1456891548276.jpg
13KB, 286x265px
>>377125261
>>377125549
>Law and Chaos shit flinggers
>>
File: 1493436639866.png (15KB, 545x459px) Image search: [Google]
1493436639866.png
15KB, 545x459px
>>377125549
>Lawfags can't even understand the concept of not sucking someones cock and think that chaos is about sucking lucy's cock.
Sad really.
>>
>>377124321
>>377124696
I can't wait to kill both of you and your entire factions.
>>
File: 1474362175845.jpg (111KB, 764x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1474362175845.jpg
111KB, 764x1080px
>>
File: KID.jpg (68KB, 500x321px) Image search: [Google]
KID.jpg
68KB, 500x321px
>>377126087
Don't forget to kill yours too!
>>
File: SMT-DJS-Scan-2.jpg (815KB, 2334x1453px) Image search: [Google]
SMT-DJS-Scan-2.jpg
815KB, 2334x1453px
>>377122773
Nah but the redesigns are shit.
>>
>>377127238
>bottom right
They are now going to show sprites of your demons? Cool, I guess.
>>
>>377126562
I want to kiss Dagda
>>
>>377127238
I agree but that really has nothing to do with what I was talking about.
>>
>>377127750
That's gay, kid.
>>
File: SMT-DJS-Scan-3.jpg (805KB, 2334x1453px) Image search: [Google]
SMT-DJS-Scan-3.jpg
805KB, 2334x1453px
>>377127893
I just want to post scans nigga.
>>
>>377127905
It's not gay if it's fae
>>
>>377114528
Everyone already talked about everything regarding gameplay and what could have been done better.
Now it's just taste comparisons
>>
>>377115087
Correct, I got through Eridanus with no mistakes because I tried to imagine a pattern to their movement.

Whether there actually was no pattern and I got totally lucky instead, I'm not sure.
But I did it.
>>
>beat Satan with three Mortal Jihads
>man YHVH is gonna be easy
>that second form

Jesus christ you guys weren't joking. Now this is what I call a fight.
>>
>>377110776
This pic will never stop making me kek
>>
>>377128904
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSxaj3VGJ2A

That song tho
>>
>>377128106
>that gun and gauntlet
Is she from an even more advanced future than the other characters?
>>
>>377125639
It is, but I was very disappointed in its replay value. For such a story driven game that also gives you choices, very little changes no matter what you do. Also, all the female characters in it are complete cunts.
>>
File: 1482092439468.gif (864KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1482092439468.gif
864KB, 500x500px
>>377128106
>Maria
Oh damn, fuck yes.
>>
>>377127238
I swear if they don't fucking fix the shitty dungeons....
>>
>>377129657
>fix the shitty dungeons
Yeah, the game only gets good from Eridanus onwards.
>>
>>377129959
>Eridanus onwards
That's the problem...
>>
>>377127238
Why the fuck did they let the interns redraw the crew? Was Doi really too busy with the owl and waifu?
>>
>>377128106
>350 demons
So expect slightly over 300 since Apocalypse touted 450+ and had 413
>>
>>377130426
Regardless if he was busy isn't Doi in charge of the art team? He legit let this shit pass.
>>
>>377130645
I don't really know. It might be possible someone else is in charge while Doi is working on SMT HD and they just brought him in to draw the new girl and Amon.
>>
>>377126379
Oh look it's isabeau is she...going kill herself again?
>>
>>377124580
>mod your 3DS

I still need online to play Smash or Monster Hunter, not risking it. You know how autistic Nintendo is when it comes to shit like this
>>
File: 1490184806944.jpg (19KB, 305x242px) Image search: [Google]
1490184806944.jpg
19KB, 305x242px
>>377131925
>Smash or Monster Hunter
>>
>>377131925
>mod your 3DS
Any link or instruction on how to do it?
>>
>>377131925
Fucking idiot.
>>
>>377132167
you know they ban people just for playing a certain way in Smash? And they actually have banned modders in the past
>>
>>377131925
Installing a9lh is literally untrackable. The only people who have been banned are people who used it to play games before release dates or used hacks online

>>377132126
3ds.guide
>>
>>377132601
thanks chap you saved my 3ds for gathering dust again cheers
>>
>>377132601
>installing a9lh is literally untrackable

I don't think you're lying, but is there any proof of this? Also, if I do get banned, can I just make a new nintendo account and it'll be fine?
>>
>>377132010
Best games out right now
>>
>>377104885
Is SMTIV:A a different game from SMTIV?
I haven't played a SMT game before but I'm interested.
>>
>>377134089
Yes.
>>
>>377134089
It's kind of a sequel, but retcons the ending of the previous game. It's not really necessary to play IV before but highly recomended.
>>
>>377134089
Yes. It's an alternate story that branches out of later half of SMTIV and leads to a completely different outcome.
>>
I should probably just wait for Deep Strange Journey instead of playing the original right? The story and characters were probably bland anyways and it doesn't have press turn system apparently.
>>
>>377134487
>I should probably
>were probably
Why would you play rerelease then? It's not like somehow press turn will magically appear.
>>
>>377134810
it's a remake so I assume a lot of things get improved?

Also there's a mysterious new woman and we don't know what she'll do to us
>>
>>377134445
>tfw it hits you that in 4, Nanashi and co end up fucking dying at the beginning and stay dead.
>>
>>377132951
Yes. You can also get banned by serial key, but you can change that through more modding so it doesn't matter either. Nobody has been banned for just using a9lh before, just don't cheat online or play online on unreleased games.
>>
>>377108882
Not always, but usually.
>>
>>377135218
Yeah it's kinda crazy to think that Akira's Reincarnation can just die like any other mook Hunter in 4's endings.
>>
>demon casts a -karn spell
>can't just facetank it because I'll lose two turns
FUCK
>>
>>377135218
Yeah, the difference is that in 4 Nanashi doesn't take Dagda's deal. So Asahi is probably fucked too.
>>
File: 1494590286483.jpg (55KB, 409x500px) Image search: [Google]
1494590286483.jpg
55KB, 409x500px
>>377107168
It's fine, lad. Just kill your friends
>>
>>377135127
>Press Turn
>improvement
>>
>>377135489
>navarre never finds anybody to notice him
>excalibur gets taken from under nozomi's nose and dagda/odin probably could have found another gullible idiot to awaken krishna/shesha so the world might still be fucked on 4's neutral ending
>gaston never became a decent guy
>the ashura-kai would have probably been built again by abe and he would try and find a way to resurrect lucifer again
>toki would always be a be a pawn of the ring of gaea
>YHVH and Satan are obviously still around and will probably try nuking humanity again/pulling another angel and demon war if krishna doesn't successfully capture flynn and destroy the universe
Kinda throws a damper on 4's neutral ending to be honest.
>>
File: d2IswRk[1].jpg (110KB, 1130x692px) Image search: [Google]
d2IswRk[1].jpg
110KB, 1130x692px
>>377135218
Yeah. Kinda funny.
>>
File: 1492632633779.jpg (267KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492632633779.jpg
267KB, 720x720px
>>377135354
>Nanasi is Akira's reincarnation
>Asahi is implied to be the reincarnation of his sister he could never save
>It's never touched on at all
>>
>>377136374
>Asahi is implied to be the reincarnation of his sister he could never save
Implied where?
>>
>>377136374
Hey, at least you can literally make her your Shin Megami Tensei (tm)
>>
>>377136042
>Dagda spent several hundred years camping outside the afterlife, trying to find a soul that could hear him. However, not even Flynn, Jonathan or Walter could do so and all them returned to the Axiom.

>Akira's soul alone retained full sentience, but it refused his offer, which is why Dagda is so keen that Nanashi cut all ties with his previous life. He's worried that if Akira resurfaces in any way, Nanashi will follow his path.

From an /smtg/ anon talking about the Japanese only artbook. Though you might be right about Odin, at the least. Of note is that the circumstances would still be very different as Merkabah and Lucifer would already be dealt with if Krishna did show up, so I don't know if that whole mess would play out any differently.
>>
>>377136449
IIRC it was mentioned sort of off-hand in the artbook, where all the people that Nanashi knew were reincarnations of people he knew in his past lives.
>>
>>377135584
Is that the good end?
>>
>>377137165
Asherah's thighs can't be bad.
>>
>>377135584
Wait isn't that Zelenin or whatever her face is from SJ? She's in SMT4:A?
>>
>>377137553
She was in SJ, but it's not Zelenin.
It's my demon waifu.
>>
>>377137682
So Mastema is in SMT4:A too?
>>
>>377136757
Flynn could probably kill Odin and Krishna anyway if nothing stupid happens like Divine Power holding another Asahi hostage
>>
>>377137819
Only as a random endgame demon. He's not involved in the plot at all
>>
File: 1499844132685.png (108KB, 400x237px) Image search: [Google]
1499844132685.png
108KB, 400x237px
>>377137165
Of course.
>>
>>377138082
Seeing him near the end as a mob was hilarious. Him and all the Metatrons showing up really gave weight to the 'All hands on deck, shit is bad!' situation YHVH must've been going through
>>
File: nice.jpg (148KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
nice.jpg
148KB, 640x480px
>>377138390
>>
File: 1493608885925.jpg (330KB, 666x962px) Image search: [Google]
1493608885925.jpg
330KB, 666x962px
>>377136449
In the artbook it was also said that Akira's demon party consisted of minotaur, Aeshma and the most trustworthy angel.
This implies that the reason why humanities most trusted ally sealed the archangels was because he was following his dead master's will/taking revenge for him.
>>
File: 1490992031971.jpg (141KB, 596x591px) Image search: [Google]
1490992031971.jpg
141KB, 596x591px
>People like Toki
>slut came infront of you and your friends
>thirsty and doesn't know when to chill about it
>her thirst ends up getting her possessed by a demon
>Fucks a Poo in the Loo infront of you and bears his chocolate Buddha baby
>says she'll always follow you when you probably have been a massive prick but then will betray you moment you side with the edgy Irish man
>Chaosfag
It just doesn't make sense.
>>
>>377139267
She's waifubait of the worst kind. Anybody that likes her has appalling taste.
>>
File: 1486354420306.jpg (36KB, 662x705px) Image search: [Google]
1486354420306.jpg
36KB, 662x705px
>>377139267
Just wait until the Tokifags come out to defend her and say she's cute
>>
>>377139267
>says she'll always follow you when you probably have been a massive prick but then will betray you moment you side with the edgy Irish man
This was when I was absolutely certain she wasn't a waifu. Lying to me not 30 seconds before I make my choice. Slut.
>>
>>377139240
>his party consisted of Minotaur, Aeshma, and Mastema
>Nanashi can only obtain Mastema, who has no story role
Why
>>
>>377139769
>one sells you out
>one lies to you

Time to pick the true best girl to follow me, Navarre
>>
File: pascal the dog is here.jpg (234KB, 1110x627px) Image search: [Google]
pascal the dog is here.jpg
234KB, 1110x627px
>>377139962
Don't forget Isabeau reveals she hated you ever since the first time you meet if you decide you're too tired to carry full-grown men after getting nearly murdered by angels.
>>
>>377140215
Pascal, Navarre, and Hallelujah should have been the only party. Gaston too, his development makes him actually better in the end.
>>
>>377140559
If only he didn't steal your press turns
>>
>>377140215
Well, I'll find out about it soon enough, I still need to do Massacre. Can't wait to die constantly on Apocalypse difficulty.
>>
>>377140559
>why, why, why, why?!
:(
>>
>>377140763
>>377140636
It was worth watching him question his life, existence, and self-worth in Mikado. That was a treat big enough to let me forgive him. And then he is actually good later.
Not as good as the loyal shota, doggo, and floating green butt though.
>>
File: 1494412614109.png (1MB, 1236x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1494412614109.png
1MB, 1236x1200px
>>
>>377104885
MAG
Literally the only thing that matters in most SMT tittles. The only time I ever felt STR satisfying was in P5.
>>
>>377141190
She's dog, not a cow.
delet this
>>
>>377141371
>going STR in Nocturne
no
>>
>>377141465
Except literally everybody ever recommends str as being the superior attribute in that game.
>>
>>377141536
Fuck I meant >going MAG in Nocturne
>>
File: 1494408146469.png (736KB, 616x1766px) Image search: [Google]
1494408146469.png
736KB, 616x1766px
>>377141190
>>
File: 1472652595592.jpg (81KB, 295x449px) Image search: [Google]
1472652595592.jpg
81KB, 295x449px
>>377141536
Because it was bae for sure.
>>
>>377141672
>carrying grenades
Clever girl.
>>
>>377141634
Magic is better than Strength in Nocturne if you are doing challenge runs or don't intend to spend much time leveling. Strength is really only amazing if you get high enough for Freikugel, otherwise you are always better off with a Magic heavy build.
>>
>>377142125
Magic is terrible for TDE
>>
>>377141672
I'll feel slightly bad killing her in Massacre but free heals are too good for me to keep.
>>
>>377142223
Yeah but for every other route and the majority of the game MAG is better.
>>
>>377142223
Not at all. You can easily do Lucifer on TDE Hard without investing in Strength, he's one of the more predictable and easy bosses. There is significantly harder fights in the mid game if you are doing low level challenges or trying to speed run Nocturne that benefit much more from going with magic heavy build.
>>
File: dlbZYeq.jpg (56KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
dlbZYeq.jpg
56KB, 400x240px
>>377142329
Sup?
>>
>>377142223
the hard tde speedrun kills lucy in the 50s with a magic build
>>
>>377142579
For general play though you're going to want to be able to use Pierce on Lucy
>>
>>377140752
Apocalypse isn't too hard unless you don't know what you're doing

Blight demons who first hit you are still an issue though.
>>
>>377142579
But can you solo him with magic
>>
>>377142476
I legit liked Asahi and was really pissed I never got to kill this fuck.
>>
>>377142938
>Kills your waifu and gets away with it
Based
>>
>>377142697
they still use physical attacks and pierce on him, it's better than magic even if you go with a full magic build. lucy is just a pretty safe fight even if you dont kill him in 5 turns like you would with a physical build and the vast majority of the game is way safer and easier if you go magic
>>
>>377142938
Well you technically kill him if you go Bonds.
>>
>>377142701
That last fight seems like it'd be a pain in the ass, but my build wasn't as good as it could have been. Since I'm going Massacre it seems as if it'd be harder to win with just one partner, especially since I don't think I'll pick the stronger ones like Navarre or Asahi.
>>
>>377142938
This.
Also we'll never see Vishnnu in those designs again.
I almost wish we got other crap for that fight so we could use the Vishnu-Flynn design in newer games. Like Odin.
>>
File: 1494107240121.jpg (87KB, 640x785px) Image search: [Google]
1494107240121.jpg
87KB, 640x785px
A reminder to go Bonds so Danu can make The Cooler Dagda.
>>
>>377143279
The last fight is pretty tough regardless of path, but the boss right after the alignment split is also ridiculous. The one partner thing actually doesn't inconvenience you too much.
>>
>>377143567
Go bonds so you can fuck danu desu.
Nozomi a bitch cunt but Danu's body way too fine to kill.
>>
>>377143594
I mostly say that because it means you have to pull your weight a bit more if you don't pick one of the three godly partners. But I'll find out on my own.
>>
File: Nuada.jpg (570KB, 616x1176px) Image search: [Google]
Nuada.jpg
570KB, 616x1176px
When will Dagda's cooler brother pop up?
>>
>>377143742
Why does everyone say Nozomi is a bitch? Is it because she tells Fujiwara about what you did? She had every right to do that, her fucking home was burned down because of what you did and she needed to see just exactly how stable you were - after all, she already knew Dagda could control you, but didn't know how far he could take it.
>>
>>377144129
Because she had a choice to tell and did it.
We never ratted her out to Fujiwara over being the same as Nanashi.
>>
>>377143950
Who are you referring to? Asahi, Navarre, and Isabeau?

In any case your other partners have access to pierce and a bunch of other little things that can make them helpful, so you're still not shouldering all the weight.
>>
>>377144129
For me it's less about her being a bitch and more just me not liking her because of the way she talks about camaraderie. I don't know if it's the VA they chose or what, but she's just kind of fucking annoying. I went bonds, but I still kind of wish I could have just told her and Toki to fuck off.
>>
>>377144129
>an actual Nozomi apologist
Look, she's hot and all, but come on
>>
>>377144358

You do realize she was trying to shift the blame off of Nana by playing up his possession, right?
>>
>>377144520
>Demon possessed kid
>not just shooting him outright
Hunters were fools.
>>
>>377104885
Put as much as you can in Luck.
You will get extra turns and criticals all the time.
>>
>>377144364
Yeah. It's mostly because free heals and buffs really eases up on the MP you spend. Other partners help aside from Gaston but it's not to the same degree.
>>
>>377144129
Because she is 2 faced cunt.
She shits on doggo behind her back when she cakes on instead of just telling her and when she attacks you when you don't do what she wants, she starts pulling the friendship bullshit to tug your heartstrings just so that she can find a way to kill you.
>>
>>377144520
She ratted me out.
Go die nozomi, when dagda tells me to kill my friends I won't do it.
Because ur not my friend.
>>
>>377144358
She had a choice whether or not to see if you were Dagda or the Divine Powers' puppet or not, and she picked the right option.

And what do you mean? She's just a host for the Queen of the Fairies and a well respected hunter. You're somewhat of a nobody who potentially could be cracking a plot with a clearly malevolent god to destroy humanity. Which one do you think someone like Fujiwara should tread more carefully around?

>>377144365
I suppose that's the case. But the majority of complaints I see revolve around her telling Fujiwara.
>>
>>377144739
>>377144772

Dagda, get off the internet. You are worst god, worst Tuatha De.
>>
>>377144739
This. Dagda posses you and forces your hand to release Krishna if you do go full Bonds choices.
She's full of shit, it's not my fault at all. I just wanted to live and play the game.
>>
>>377114675
In base IV?
>>
File: 1472705315324.png (82KB, 241x314px) Image search: [Google]
1472705315324.png
82KB, 241x314px
>>377144885
>danu is posting again
ONE
>>
>>377144365
I think it's that combined with her snitching on you that makes it so bad, though. If she placed any true value in bonds and camaraderie then she wouldn't have ratted you out about the Dagda thing the way she did.
>>
>>377144739
She says Asahi put way too much makeup on. Everybody agrees. She even compensates by saying that Asahi is naturally pretty anyway and makes an excuse for why Asahi was so heavy on the makeup.

>pulling the friendship bullshit
Come on, dude, she's the queen of the fairies and a naturally friendly person, she's not out to get you, but she was right to be suspicious after Krishna said that you are Dagda's puppet and do whatever he wants. And most of her concerns are gone by the time Maitreya dies and are never brought up again unless you go Massacre.

>>377144403
>come on
Great argument.
>>
>>377144668
this desu, suffer not the demon to live
>>
>>377144782
>well respected hunter
Asura
>>
>>377144739
The fact that you can show remorse and reach out to give up in friendship in the Massacre route from her speech, and her response is trying to shoot you is what shows she's truly full of shit.

She's also terrible because if you go Bonds route, she has fucking Danu in her RIGHT THEN. She sees that you are dying, and you're supposed to be a friend. Rather than just letting Danu take the place of Dagda in you, she lets you bleed out being attacked by him until Danu does hail mary bullshit of making a new Dagda when she didn't even know she could.

Just because, you know, it's SO important that SHE is the one that's queen of the fairies after all this. No one else could possibly handle the responsibility, so it's worth risking the life of Nanashi over it.
>>
>>377145058
>>377144919

Please see :>>377144520

Did you not pay attention before Cafe Florida?
>>
>>377145257
Dagda is bae though. He can still resurrect Nanashi with +1 bullet hole in him.
The association would get downsized fast.
>>
>>377145316

>Tell everyone "FUCK YOU, GOT MINE" and claim to rebuild universe in your easily deluded image
>Wonder why people want to shoot you in the face

Chaosfag, please go.
>>
>>377125641
does isabeau even have boobs?
>>
>>377145318
I did. If you pay attention to the conversation inside Cafe Florida, then no one there listens to her and that they still want his blood.
Her word is garbage along with her promises.
>>
>>377145628

Because your and/or Dagda's actions led to the deaths of numerous people via Shesha and brought humanity back into the crossfire between Luci and Merk. They had plenty right to be pissed at you.
>>
File: smt4change.jpg (200KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
smt4change.jpg
200KB, 900x1200px
>>377145558
They're not bad.
>>
>>377145628
Nigga she defends you because it's obvious she cares about you and Asahi but she's also wary of you. What did you want her to do, shoot the protesters?
>>
>>377145316
Say what you want about Dagda, but he has always been straight with you.
You made a deal with him and that was it, he made it clear to you that you are basically his puppet and have to do what he says and in exchange he would keep you alive and give you the power to save Asahi.
He never had some bullshit moment where he said some cheesy bullshit about how you are his one and only friend or that you are like a son to him.
He made it clear that if you don't do what he wants or says he will drop you like hot trash and take what he gave you when he made that deal with you.
>>
>>377145901
>>377145852
They made Asahi cry.
Massacre now.
>>
>>377145869
Can't see shit captain
>>
File: are you fucking kidding me.png (84KB, 623x149px) Image search: [Google]
are you fucking kidding me.png
84KB, 623x149px
>>377146025
>caring about asahi
during the tutorial I did a 360 and walked away when she started crying
>>
>>377145998

>Always been straight with you

Horseshit. His diatribes about individuality and personal strength were just bullshit he used to sucker you into becoming a YHVH that actually liked him.

>>377146212

>Bullying your Pascal

You are lower than scum.
>>
>>377145852
And? Flynn brought about the creation of both Lucifer AND Merkabah, and neither Flynn or Isabeau never came clean about that.

She knows you're taking actions to fix this shit that was out of your control, the only other person who could reveal this would be the Divine Powers, and who the fuck would believe them if you had been the one who personally killed Shesha, saving Flynn, and were taking a stand against Lucifer/Merkabah?
>>
>>377109085
SJ was awesome except some dungeons were extremely obnoxious.

It was a love letter to Nocturne fans and a great game in its own right. So happy for deep strange journey.
>>
File: cunt.jpg (31KB, 579x357px) Image search: [Google]
cunt.jpg
31KB, 579x357px
Am i supposed to have zio on every single party member to deal with this cunt? Minotaur was piss easy compared to this "mamudo your party twice" bullshit.
>>
>>377146212
You deserve worse than Aleph Skins.
>>
>>377116392
Hero and Aleph were the stronger than the demons, in my playthrough in each game I did the most damage while my demons were on support using buffs and healing spells. The only case where your statement is true is Strange Journey where Space Marine literally being used as a vending machine during the Mem Aleph fight.
>>
File: strange_journey_map.jpg (566KB, 675x1090px) Image search: [Google]
strange_journey_map.jpg
566KB, 675x1090px
>>377146462
>SJ was awesome except some dungeons were extremely obnoxious.
>>
>>377146654
>he didn't solo the game with a vending machine
Look at this pleb.
>>
>>377110180
As a fan of Apoc... I can definitely see how you'd say the game was hand holding when it came to the story.

But overall, I wasn't upset by it. And I appreciate that the game was very well paced. It was interesting in parts until the very late game stuff where the final final endings are being established. Then it really wanted to beat you over the head with it.

But this is a reasonable critique.
>>
>>377139267
>>377139389
That's the thing I like about Toki, she's pretty much waifu bait to the point where I feel it's the most fitting to bring her back as my Goddess/mindbroken baby factory after helping Dagda. It's like corrupting waifuism and embracing it at the same time.
>>377140215
>>377140559
>implying every party member isn't a tool at my disposal in one way or another
Pathetic, anon. Just pathetic.
>>
>>377146212
I still don't know why Asahi of all characters would bother anybody playing the game.
>>
>>377114210
Soul Hackers was really good and its dungeons were fine. Surprisingly good pacing for the first half of the game.

Strange Journey has some of the worst dungeons.

And Nocturne does as well on True Demon route.

I'd really say experience Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2. 2 is really what you want to play. But there are a few things in 1 that you'd need to see in order to get some of the character dynamics (more so than the plot) of 2. But DDS2 was amazing. Shame 1 is only sorta decent.
>>
>>377114528
Persona 2 Eternal Punishment is best Persona and one of the best RPGs ever.

I'd love for a legit full on remake. Persona 1 I struggled with.
>>
>>377146448
Flynn didn't create Lucifer or Merkabah. What is the purpose of this narrative?

And the difference here, if you're going to argue something dumb like Flynn brought Walter and Jonathan into Tokyo, is that Flynn never could be perceived as a threat. Nanashi might be a potential threat, and Nozomi, and by extension all of humanity, needed to know if the kid who unlocked krishnas seal and unleashed the divine powers on tokyo was actually trustworthy, especially since it seems like he's going to play a huge role in upcoming events at that point in the story.

>>377145998
He was straight insofar as wanting to rejoin the Axiom. Dagda knows that you'll probably just become another YHVH, you'll create some new 'evolved' humanity, you'll need people to believe in you so you'll start some shit and then you'll get your ass erased from existence by some new messiah.

He never gave a shit about you or the world, he just wanted to effectively commit suicide because he hated everything. What a guy.
>>
>>377147042
Nocturnefags hate waifus. They also hate dogs.
The Pascal thing and her being so loyal made her for me.
>all she did to release krishna was accompany nanashi
>didn't touch the rock
She still took some of the blame for it. Best girl, better than most of what Persona has shat out.
>>
File: toki.png (57KB, 391x232px) Image search: [Google]
toki.png
57KB, 391x232px
>>377147042
go back to being dead, he knows who the better girl is
>>
>>377114878
That is kinda fustrating. But also the side quests they send you through on the True/Neutral ending are terrible so you saved yourself a lot of heartache. You may even like the game better as a result.
>>
>>377147237
>Flynn didn't create Lucifer or Merkabah.
He freed the Archangels.
>>
>>377147042
If Nocturne was the only Mainline game you played I can see why.
>>
>>377147139
DDS1 has by far the worst dungeons, especially that last one.
>>
File: 1451703269719.jpg (110KB, 505x507px) Image search: [Google]
1451703269719.jpg
110KB, 505x507px
>>377147323
>tokifags
>>
>>377147303
It was fun bullying her. Would have been a lesser experience otherwise.
>>
>>377124446
It's not a rehash though. Its basically a completely new game. Sure some of the environments are the same but its basically a new game.
>>
File: sj.png (108KB, 1886x807px) Image search: [Google]
sj.png
108KB, 1886x807px
>>377146658
It was fun.
>>
>>377147303
It's weird that Persona is known as a waifu series. Every girl is a bland two dimensional anime trope.
>>
File: toki.png (73KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
toki.png
73KB, 400x240px
>>377147516
>Toki
>Bad
>>
>>377147323
Who is this smug semen demon?
>>
>>377147798
some dead whore thats loves having demon juice come in her
>>
>>377147391
Funny enough, I still haven't played Nocturne even though I got it during the reprint.
>>
File: 1481257220537.jpg (73KB, 644x850px) Image search: [Google]
1481257220537.jpg
73KB, 644x850px
>>377147798
Trash that should not be looked at.
>>
>>377125639
It's so good. I'm not into puzzles so I thought it was hard but also doable with a guide. But the puzzles... and the boss fights are as intense as action games. Its great. I loved it. I thought I'd struggle through it cause I hated puzzle games but even playing with Youtube videos as a guide for some later levels it was amazingly intense.

Please play it.
>>
>>377116840

Strange Journey is a better starting point than Nocturne in my opinion because it has a bunch of quality of life improvements.
You can fuse anywhere, attempting to talk to demons doesn't cost a turn, the game gives you better information on enemy weaknesses once discovered and it's easier to fall back and heal.
>>
>>377146991
I'd rather bring back Nozomi or Isabeau just to spite them.
But I respect you opinion.
>>
File: idklol.png (438KB, 696x716px) Image search: [Google]
idklol.png
438KB, 696x716px
>>377148005
>Isabeau
I should have done this on my massacre playthorough as revenge for her being an indecisive fuck in base IV, but I brought toki back instead because my dick wanted this
>>
>>377141465
I went STR in nocturne its amazing.
>>
File: _0 World of STR.png (821KB, 937x966px) Image search: [Google]
_0 World of STR.png
821KB, 937x966px
>>377148005
Those are also acceptable answers, I kind of disagree about Nozomi only because I spent every part of the game she's in counting down until I could kill her. Just a slight difference in preference, though.
>>
>>377146991
That's part of the reason I'll probably bring her back. She wants to be my cock slut, let her. Also I get to go full World of Str. Gaston uses strength too but he fucking steals my turns that fucking asshole.
>>
File: hype.png (599KB, 600x542px) Image search: [Google]
hype.png
599KB, 600x542px
>>377148259
>TFW using Freikugel for the first time
>>
>>377114528
What you wish to discuss? Did you enjoy it?
>>
>>377148334
Gaston was a good stepping stone. If you haven't before, be sure to remind him of that before you kill him.
>>
Just finished P5, not sure what part of my backlog I want to work on
Half way done with SMT1
Start Persona 2
Start Raidou 2
Probably only a quarter in to P3P
>>
>>377147230
They need to do something about the rank/summoning system. It's tedious for no reason.
>>
File: bam.jpg (227KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
bam.jpg
227KB, 400x240px
>>377148554
I haven't done Massacre yet. But that turn stealing was annoying, taking three of my turns to do only about 200-300 damage a hit when I'm pulling shit like this.
>>
>>377146658
I hated that. That isn't the last dungeon where you actually just have to start basically walking off the platforms is it? I was about ready to through my 3ds.
>>
>>377147674
That's basically what a waifu is right?
>>
>>377148673
>start persona 2
Delay it as much as you can. Random encounter rate was killing me through and through.
>>
>>377149007
It couldn't possibly be worse than SMT1, r-right?
>>
>>377149007
>Random encounter rate was killing me through and through.
I was playing P2 on ps1 and dropped at NotHitler invasion.Is it worth playing it all again?
That encounter rate was fucking shit btw,is the psp version better?
>>
>>377149283
They are all bad. Hard to remember what's worse given it was almost a decade ago.

Maybe I'm weird. I just can't play more than 1 RPG at a time. Why not just finish one at a time and suffer through the grind? I thought P1 wasn't bad but it was definitely showing its age.
>>
>>377149283
I think it was worth because of perspective shifting to a specific battleground each time.
>>
>>377149540
>That encounter rate was fucking shit btw,is the psp version better?
Yeah and it's piss easy in general
Play on an emulator, you can just set up your fusion spells, hit auto and then fast forward through every fight. Enjoy your VN
>>
>>377149283
Not only is the encounter rate satan himself, fights generally take way longer than they should, all around it's a miserable experience.
I still thought it was fun though.
>>
>>377149572
>I thought P1 wasn't bad
LEAVE THIS BURIED MEMORY
>>
>>377149740
And you don't even have to fuse, just make sure to get all the masks from the mountain dungeon.
>>
>>377149572
You felt for the P1 and P2 meme too
It is the reason Persona starts at 3
>>
>>377149740
>>377149882
Thanks m8,I'll go back after finishing P4 and Nocturne

>>377149826
LIVE THIS BODY MANLY
I-I liked it
>>
>>377150083
lol. Perhaps. Its been so long all I can remember are my feelings.

P2:EP was one of my first JRPGs. I got it cause I liked final fantasy 7! And I hated it. Hated it. Encounter rate and difficulty. Also it felt very dated. I traded it in.

For some reason much later I caught the serious JRPG bug and bought it again. And forced myself to stick with it. Painful times grinding out evolutions and cards. But I just remember thinking the story was amazing and it was all totally worth while. Plus you can grind up some sick abilities.

I didnt get to P1 until PSP release but my expectations were tempered and I was used to Atlus grinds.
>>
File: serperior25.png (197KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
serperior25.png
197KB, 800x600px
>>377148836
>turn stealing
that and toki were the main reasons I didn't have him has a front teammate as often as I wanted, I hated the fuck out of him at the beginning, but the moment he broke the Spear of Michael in half and followed that with "for the sake of the path that I walk, I shall become a sinner" solidified him as one of my favorite team members

>>377149826
I haven't played P! yet, but the shit with all the subaffinities sounds like what would happen if Atlus tried to adapt Pokemon to SMT mechanics
this thought makes me want an SMTxPokemon even more now

>>377150083
>It is the reason Persona starts at 3
if you going to start SMT with a persona game, for the love of god, make sure it isn't 3FES, I had to savescum the fuck out of P3P as it was because I had no understanding of the mechanics since I went in completely blind, and my dumbass didn't understand the point of physical spells using HP instead of SP. I tried FES on my ps2 because I wanted to do a legit playthrough, and I ended up ragequitting midway at a table with no weaknesses
>>
>>377150364
The one downside to playing Innocent Sin PSP is that if you decide to play Eternal Punishment, it was never translated on PSP, so you'll have to go back to the PSX version. Or wait for the EP PSP fan translation that is supposedly a thing that's happening but may never be done.
>>
>>377150485
>if you going to start SMT with a persona game, for the love of god, make sure it isn't 3FES, I had to savescum the fuck out of P3P as it was because I had no understanding of the mechanics since I went in completely blind,
FES is a great first game if you're not this guy.
>>
>>377150485
What happened with FES and P3P? I only played 3 and no way in the world was I slogging through it again for an extra dungeon or some s-links. What's the problem with physical skills taking HP?
>>
>>377150734
There's not really a difficulty change between vanilla 3 and FES. P3P lets you direct command your party so it's a lot easier.
>>
>>377150632
>wait for the EP PSP fan translation that is supposedly a thing that's happening but may never be done.
I'm an impatient faggot

>so you'll have to go back to the PSX version
K,I can live with that
>>
>>377150734
>What's the problem with physical skills taking HP?
there isn't any, I played through P3P on an emulator in 2013 iirc, and I knew nothing about the mechanics of SMT in general at the time. I didn't understand at the time that the point of having physical spells use HP was to conserve SP during longer fights, not being able to control your party in 3 and 3FES made it brutal even by mainline standards
>>
>>377151183
>not being able to control your party in 3 and 3FES made it brutal even by mainline standards
What are Tactics?
>>
>>377150880
>>377151183
Oh okay. I mean, the not controlling your party thing can be a burden. But it added a really unique flavor to the game.
>>
>>377151436

A shit replacement for direct control like we had in P1 and both parts of P2.
>>
>>377151152
The PSX version of EP isnt too bad and this is coming from someone who played the PSP version of IS.
>>
>>377151649
>A shit replacement for direct control
It adds a whole new dynamic to how you approach combat and besides P3 is incredibly easy to begin with.
>>
>>377148242
i only just realized the other day that isabeau has that red makeup around her eyes
cute
>>
>>377151849
It adds a nice whole new dynamic to how you approach combats but Persona 3 is not easy. Persona 3 is more difficult than P4 and 5
>>
what did the world of str meme come from
>>
>>377152105
dunno but I'd guess Nocturne cause thats what a character wanted to create.
>>
File: nyx_full_heal.gif (3MB, 428x325px) Image search: [Google]
nyx_full_heal.gif
3MB, 428x325px
>>377152080
>Persona 3 is more difficult than P4 and 5
Well when you take the same combat system and streamline it to focus on speeding up battles of course it's easier but I don't consider it a hard game to begin with really. Outside of the first full moon boss and that Table boss far up in Tartarus nothing really strikes me as hard.
Maybe Nyx if you're DSP.
>>
>>377152105
Chaos
>>
>>377151849
>whole new mechanic
It's a shitty gimmick that makes certain characters not viable (see Mitsuru). They could have made the game challenging instead of removing control from the player.

To make an analogy, it's like an easy platformer where the jump key will sometime not work.
>>
>>377152753
The point of not being able to control party members isn't to make the game harder, it was about the whole idea that your party members are people with their own lives. This is reflected in how you have to talk to them in order to give them equipment, how they might not always be available as they're taking care of their own shit, and how you can't micromanage every aspect of their fighting.
>>
File: 1483859575254.jpg (308KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1483859575254.jpg
308KB, 1280x720px
>>377114878
>hear people complain about how hard it is to get Neutral in IV
>"well I'm a naturally indecisive person, so I wonder what I'll get"
>wind up with Chaos
>"I wonder...."
>reload save just before the final decision
>get Neutral

You guys need to stop being such decisive fags, it's easy as shit to get neutral.
>>
>>377151436
why does that art style make me so angry?
>>
>>377152257
Yosuga; The weak will serve the strong. But mostly it's every chaos ending, only the strong survive and all that.
>>
>>377152986
This was actually a worthwhile trade off.
>>
File: 1429473633910.jpg (115KB, 400x994px) Image search: [Google]
1429473633910.jpg
115KB, 400x994px
>>377152986
I can get behind that, but it's still heavily affects gameplay.

It would have been 10x better if you could give out a single order at any time, as if the protagonist gave directions during a fight (ie. HEAL UP, SAVE SP, GO ALL OUT) and the next party member would follow it instead of having you set up the settings of every member one by one.

Hell, even something simple like giving Marin Karin to Yukari would have been better.
She's an average girl and she makes poor decisions. She has the lovers arcana link and you need looks for it.
Instead they dumped it on the overachieving genius, making her act like a retard and destroying any form of suspension of disbelief.
>>
>>377127658
It looks like an SJ mod for SMTIV
>>
>>377154671
no press turn
>>
>>377151849
>ok I will just stun this boss by targeting it's weakness then we won't have to deal with it ever...
>ATTACK FOR ONE DAMAGE WHEN SET TO HEAL AND THE PARTY IS AT 30%
>what the fuck
>dude just use tactics, I can't believe you are so bad at this game
>>
>>377154671
I wonder if they are using 4th engine to make the port.
>>
Whats Nozomi/Danu's deal in 4:A? Neither remember or ever even accknolage Flynn especially Nozomi since they worked together quite a bit in the game and he is even the reason she is the fairy queen but that is never even mentioned. Also wasn't Danu black Maria after the whole fairy queen succession fiasco what happened there?
>>
>>377152421
Chaos is objectively the best alignment with the hottest demons and most fun routes
>>
>>377151436
>5 party members
Fucking memers making pics for games they never played to try and cash in on the hype.
>>
>>377156053
No shit, it's just that it looks almost identical.

Morrowind and Oblivion run on the same engine, too, but Bethesda still felt the need to actually make the latter look different.
>>
>>377111241
>And why is this a bad thing?
Not him but the main plotline was not always SMT mainlines best aspect since the games are about themes, atmosphere and the setting. The rebirth is that of the world. Poor man's Persona tier plotlines about characters are are not a worthwhile substitute.

Also the plot made no sense anyway, even by SMT standard. There was no need for avatar demiurge involved. The endings were cringy. Stephen's actions didn't make that much sense either.

Also Dagda's bullshit is annoying.
>>
>>377104885
Might be a stupid question but do swords and/or guns affect the damage dealt by the MC's physical and gun skills?
>>
>>377157154
>no shit
Hey, you never know these days.
>>
>Well time for NG+
>guess I'll play Apocalypse
>miss
>miss

What the absolute fuck? I just want to hit things.
>>
>>377158091
I don't think so, I don't think it has any effect on the skills at all unless it gives you a stat boost in str or dex.
>>
>>377156205
I don't know why there isn't any relationship between Flynn and Nozomi, but the Danu/Black Maria thing can be explained as that when Black Maria granted Nozomi the Danu powers it was like granting her a fragment of herself, rather than just power.
>>
>>377158350
Apocalypse has a hidden -40 or something Agility penalty for you and your demons so you miss a fuckload.
>>
>>377159267
This is fucking retarded. Angel fight is hard just because I miss about 1/3rd of the time and I can't outdamage her healing because of it.
>>
Are there any caps (hard or soft) on stats in Apocalypse?
>>
>>377159627
999 cap for all stats. Of course, you will never get even remotely close to that number normally.
>>
>>377159778
Incense grinding is ez with the DLC. I just semi-afk it 1-shotting every battle while I focus on other things and I maxed out all of my stats. Not necessary at all to beat the game obviously but very necessary to beat the later levels of Twisted Tokyo
Thread posts: 422
Thread images: 69

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.