[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will I ever outgrow Vidya /v/? I feel like a lot of people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1484485276417.png (416KB, 634x670px) Image search: [Google]
1484485276417.png
416KB, 634x670px
Will I ever outgrow Vidya /v/?

I feel like a lot of people I know have kinda left video games behind for other interests. Church, partying, families, etc. I'm 24 and I don't live off vidya, I have a job, go to the gym I have a GF that also plays (SHITTY FUCKING GIRLY GAMES). But I don't seem to want to stop playing, it's fun, I can enjoy it with other friends (who fit the gamer stereotype) and it's easy to pick up and let go on a busy schedule even. But I'm just confused as to why people just let them go for even more time and money consuming entertainment. I get it I go out, eat out, go to a party every other weekend, but every Friday going out to drink or using most of your day at a dead end job just seems unnecessary. But eh maybe I'm wrong.

Will I ever stop playing /v/? Am I ok?
>>
You write good
Go write blog
>>
File: 1494542642146.jpg (32KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1494542642146.jpg
32KB, 600x338px
>>377103816
Fuck off with this "outgrow videogames" meme
>>
lmfao CHURCH

why dont you just go to wal mart, buy some cukes, and stick them up your ass
>>
>>377103916
Didn't know it was a meme. Huh
>>
>>377103816
I'm 20 and recently got my first job. What I've noticed is that after a hard days work I simply just can't bother booting up a game. When I get off from work I end up sitting by my computer eating and browsing 4chan. And now that I have a day off I just don't really feel like playing anyways. I'm just waiting for a new cool game to come out
>>
>>377104002
I dunno man I live in a pretty "conservative" area and this shit happens a lot with most of the people I know.
>>
>>377104171
Here's the thing. I'd rather play vidya than browse 4chan when I'm free. It's cathartic after a long day of thinking "oooh I really wanna get home and x game". Plus I got a huge backlog I wanna get through
>>
>>377103816
You can't really know this for sure, anon.

From the ages of 17-20 I stopped giving a fuck about videogames because I was too busy with getting stoned and obsessing over making music. Then once I fixed up my PC, I got back into gaming again and that's how things have stayed.

You're fine, dude- there is absolutely nothing wrong with enjoying videogames. Most likely what you are feeling is that you aren't doing enough with your time which is a different matter entirely. If you feel like you're wasting your life then you need to re-evaluate the things that bring you feelings of pleasure and decide which one of those things gives you REAL satisfaction rather than emptiness.

Worrying about your image is evidence enough that you are not happy with where you are at in your life. I doubt the root of these troubles is videogames, but if it is, then it may be the right time to stop.
>>
I have some friend that have completely made the switch of not really playing any video games, but thats mainly because he is focusing more on his career and putting more time on trying to build a family or some shit. He still plays the basic normie shooter which is a given now a days but thats about it.
back then we would always play games together but now we dont. We still hang out and go for the occasional beer or food but thats about it.
id say that people just cant find the time to put video games in there life once they grow up op.
>>
>Church
>>
>>377104656
Weirdly enough I finished my bachelor's in psychology recently and well it's not all I thought it was, at least for me, a lot of the grad school stuff just doesn't click with me. So I had to refocus and thankfully I found something along the lines of ocuppational therapy so I'm working on that now plus I got a job at a repair shop, which I love. So I'd say I'm happy with my life right now. BUT now that you mention it. Maybe the fact that a lot of y friends were in the same field and maybe that sudden separation from them makes me feel "distant" I dunno. but now you got me thinking.
>>
>>377105564
/v/ would love church, you guys share a lot of the same values
>>
>>377103816
>Church
lmfao
>>
how is 'church' an interest? what do you fucking do there?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.