[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one become a guild leader? Why does one become a gu

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8

How does one become a guild leader? Why does one become a guild leader?

>Guild Drama/Guild stories time

-show proof if you got it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnIMpC9m4P8
>>
>>377097646

>Be officer in a guild
>Have nigger guild member
>Nigger obviously stealing from the guild bank
>He too is an officer
>Guild leader is just a fucking old man stoner who has a short temper
>Fill the guild bank with snowballs
>Make the guild message of the day "Any items taken out of the guild bank without accountability will be added to your GP"
>Demoted to Veteran the next day
>Nigger is still an officer
>He asks his friend if he can sign his guild charter on his alt so he can deposit the items he was stealing
>See him with new mounts and pretty much bank rolling
>Quit the guild after that

Fuck being an officer/guild leader. I want nothing to do with shit like that ever again. I just join guilds for the raids now. Dont even care for my ranking cause it doesnt mean shit.
>>
They are virgin loosers who want some power of others because they are too weak and pussy in real life
>>
>>377097646
>>
>inb4 femanon/bf/gf drama
>>
File: 1494381938177.jpg (59KB, 520x730px) Image search: [Google]
1494381938177.jpg
59KB, 520x730px
>>377097646
One of the worst things to ever come out of an MMO desu, just...endless concentrations of the absolute fucking dregs of humanity. Fuck guilds, pugging is preferable to that shit.
>>
>>377097646
>be a corp leader in EVE Online
>commit suicide
>>
>>377097646
nearly every GL needs to have no life
>>
>that one member quits the game
>the guild slowly starts dismantling, people saying "it's just not the same"
>>
File: 1487861846446.jpg (57KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1487861846446.jpg
57KB, 900x900px
>>377100710
>tfw that one member was me
>>
>turk joins the guild
>he start adding all his turk friends
>guild is filled with turks speaking only their shitty language
>guild master doesn't care about the situation and everyone just quit
the guild master was German
>>
Running my own guilds started with me hosting minor weekly social events (like a pop-quiz with prizes, a treasure hunt, exploratory RP journeys and similarly weird stuff) in guilds I was in and realizing that it's a waste of effort if the guild's leadership profits from the social cohesion resulting from it but makes bad decisions about the future of the guild constantly, the main offender being neglect and thinking a guild runs itself or forcing the playerbase into 3rd party tools of questionable value.
Being in charge of a guild is a lot of work but it's also fairly rewarding at times and I'd rather have a good time while controlling my own fate than waiting for someone to set anything in motion (which pretty much never happens unless it's by accident).

Am I a good guild leader? Probably not. I'm socially awkward outside of chat, therefore tend to avoid voice chat unless gameplay makes it absolutely necessary, and I do have very strong own views on many things which I tend to keep to myself and withdraw from conversations to avoid calling out others for their bullshit constantly. I do step in when things get out of hand though. I also force people out of passivity by engaging them repeatedly or having someone engage them. This stems from the belief that any member of a guild should interact with others and not just use the guild as a glorified chatroom to pick up group members now and then when no other source can be found. I roleplay a lot.

Big issue with all of this is that when I take a break things start falling apart quickly. It's not that there's no leadership structure in place that could take over but for some reason people are ever reluctant to start anything themselves and instead just eagerly monitor guild chat to join others on their started activites. I'm not sure if this is merely human nature with people expecting to be led by someone or if I'm just unlucky in finding other socially active people to actively run (means starting stuff) the guild.
>>
>>377097646
My guild leader in WoW TBCwas one of the artistic devs at Rockstar North. He was chill as hell.
>>
File: 1472405335726.png (708KB, 980x986px) Image search: [Google]
1472405335726.png
708KB, 980x986px
>>377097646
>How does one become a guild leader?
By having this
>>
File: 1460960095887.png (271KB, 370x368px) Image search: [Google]
1460960095887.png
271KB, 370x368px
>>377100920

Too fucking real
>>
File: 1493231375369.png (115KB, 276x230px) Image search: [Google]
1493231375369.png
115KB, 276x230px
>start of Wrath
>join a raiding guild
>I'm a pretty shit player, but I played warlock and you needed at least 1 warlock so I got into raids
>Naxx
>since it's Wrath the guild is 35% paladins and 35% death knights
>long night of wiping
>paladins can't get their shit together
>takes 15 minutes to reset after wipes because they can't buff people correctly
>warrior GM/MT getting tired of their shit
>"you just need to put the 2 correct buffs on everyone, It's not hard, get an addon if you can't do it."
>more wipes later GM is mad
>"Look you fucks, just give me Blessing of Kings and Might"
>takes 5 more minutes
>another wipe
>half the raid still not buffed
>"IF YOU FUCKS DON'T GIVE ME KINGS AND MIGHT RIGHT NOW I'LL..."
>a paladin buffs him with Blessing of Wisdom
>goes silent
>one by one kicks every single paladin from the guild. One third of the whole guild
>fill raid spots
>steamroll raid
>>
>>377100172
EVE Online is one of the best MMOs in terms of guilds, though. People panic when they hear about "drama" but that's literally a fundamental part to interactions. And EVE gives guilds a LOT more tools to play around with.

>you'll never infiltrate a rival corporations for years to pull off a grand heist when no one expects it to happen
I also love how real life shit seems to find its way into the game like how this recent shit about banning anime on Discord ended end up a full-fledged war.
>>
>>377101791
>People panic when they hear about "drama" but that's literally a fundamental part to interactions
You won't trick me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmS9vcVNr5A
>>
>>377097646
> be portuguese
> decide to join a portuguese server because same language
> "what have i done"
> join a guild
> while raiding the "leaders" are constantly talking about their normie shit, girlfriends, vacations and shit literally no one in the 25 man group cares or wants to hear about in the middle of a boss fight.

Nerds leading guilds are always the better leaders. Their dedication and try hardness is uncanny but you can actually role play with those.
>>
File: leatherman.png (15KB, 127x110px) Image search: [Google]
leatherman.png
15KB, 127x110px
You sit in a guild being somewhat competent until the core leaders quit and drop the leadership roles onto you while escaping the sinking ship.
>>
>>377102649
Make sure you empty the bank on the way out if they were too stupid to do so.
>>
>friend keeps shilling crestfall to me in discord
>humor him and pretend to care
>secretly more beta than him and laugh as I prance around singing omg i'm beta
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.