[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did F4 modding die? Why do most female faces look so similar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 25

File: harley.jpg (212KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
harley.jpg
212KB, 1360x768px
Why did F4 modding die?
Why do most female faces look so similar in F4 mods? What the fuck?
>>
>>377097568
shit game why mod for it
>>
No Steam Workshop integration. That and disabling achievables when you put mods in, even the most innocent weather mod.
>>
boring game in general
creation kit took too long to come out
Bethesda's coding of the game is apparently a nightmare so the work on a script extender has been extremely slow
>>
Because when Doom mods exist, so does MetaDoom.
>>
File: 1494891115580.jpg (68KB, 607x816px) Image search: [Google]
1494891115580.jpg
68KB, 607x816px
shit fucking game, any attempts to mod it would be like polishing a turd
>>
>>377098326
So is/was skyrim, but the modding community embraced it with full autism, what's the difference between that and F4?
>>
>>377097568
>Why did F4 modding die?

Hard to justify artistic integrity when mods destroy the original penning; the base game is great.
>>
>>377098516
>Artistic integrity
>the base game is great
Sure thing Todd
>>
>>377097568
still waiting on Sexlab, whenever that's done.

Hope someone makes an ENB, looking at the game without some difference in anything is painful
>>
I've seen some mod authors complain the GECK is fucking useless in FO4 so maybe that's the reason? It would explain why the mods for it are rather tame and mostly just additional items and simple scripts.
>>
>>377097568
Because i find it hard to believe that a mutated bee hive that kept terrorizing a farm 3miles away behind 300 raiders 200 super mutants and 100 skags would be worth all the trouble
>>
>>377098659
>It would explain why the mods for it are rather tame and mostly just additional items and simple scripts

The better answer would be that there's no reason to modify the base game cause it's that good.
>>
>>377098428
skyrim was a very good game in comparison to fallout 4
>>
>>377098428
Same thing probably happened with Skyrim as happened with WoW and Nintendo Wii. All of them sold massive numbers becaseu they managed to sell themselves to people who aren't interested in video games. However similar stuff coming after them failed because those same people STILL aren't interested in playing video games, despite picking that one particular game/system up.
Also Steamspy actually says Skyrim almost triple the amount of owners on Steam compared to Fallout 4.
>>
>>377098712
I highly disagree but to each their own.
>>
>>377098741
>skyrim was a very good game in comparison to fallout 4

They're both good games; amazing in their own merits desu
>>
Bethesda thought "hey, simplifying elder scrolls got us massive mass market appeal in skyrim. why can't we do the same in fallout?"

except they did it even harder than they did skyrim to the point where even some normies were saying they made the game too simple. You can't reach true mass-market appeal with a game like fallout, even that is a little too deep if you want to attract every frat dude who doesn't give a heck about videogames like fifa and call of duty.
>>
File: file.png (102KB, 421x348px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
102KB, 421x348px
>>377098843
>fallout 4 was a good game

I think you need to leave
>>
>>377097773
cheevos and DRM are gay, real niggers use the nexus
>>
>>377098659
>I've seen some mod authors complain the GECK is fucking useless in FO4 so maybe that's the reason?

Anything specific? I would have thought GECK to be more or less the same as CK, just with added support for whatever new shit they developed for FO4.
>>
FO4 is basically just a glorified FPS

literally every interaction you have with NPCs in the game is just meaningless
>>
>>377098843

go back to >>>/r/eddit you underage newfaggot cancer
>>
>>377097724
Then how d you explain that piece of shit Skyrim having good mod support?
>>
>>377099109
>FO4 is basically just a glorified FPS

Nothing wrong with this desu senpai.
>>
>>377099109

I would think that's got nothing to do with the engine, it's just how Bethesda chose to implement their game.
>>
>>377098947
to be fair to him i threw a giant shitfit about FO4 before release when nobody believed they'd dumb it down like they did but there are good things about it, it's just a terrible fallout sequel
for everything wrong about it:
>gunplay is still genuinely vastly improved from gamebryo even though some of NV's guns are just cooler
>took a lesson from NV and a few of the companions are actually fairly likable and compelling/comment on your location no matter where you go, a vast improvement from 3 and skyrim both
>the art design and use of color is gorgeous even though it gets a bit bland in certain places
>it actually attempts to incorporate factions into the main story, unlike skyrim and FO3
>exploration is decently fun, and the inner city areas/rooftop to rooftop exploration is really cool, something that hasn't really been done in a bethesda game yet

believe you me, i can write a long list of shit in fo4 i wouldn't have done but there are worse games
>>
>>377098712
Fuck off Todd
>>
File: c4lQqcG.jpg (106KB, 777x1121px) Image search: [Google]
c4lQqcG.jpg
106KB, 777x1121px
can you bang robots yet
>>
>>377099409
>tfw you really like curie and realize that you desperately want her to stay a robot

degeneracy is a hard life
>>
>>377099287
Because its better than fallout 4
>>
it was never born
>>
>>377098428
Medieval fantasy versus "everything is ugly shit" post-apocalyptic.
>>
>>377099568
I dunno what it was about it but skyrim bored the fuck out of me while i could still decently enjoy fo4

probably a mix of
>dumbed down fallout universe>dumbed down utterly uninspired TES universe
and
>level scaling is utterly fucked and you have to literally grind early on to have a character that isn't smacking shit in the face forever and some builds are literally worthless and impossible to run if you like having/not fighting bullet sponges (looking at you destruction magic)
>>
>>377097568
It's because Bethesda delayed releasing the modding tools for so long. From November to February iirc, which is literally unheard of. The reason skyrim modding took off like an apollo mission, was because it was there from day 1
>>
You guys remember how fucking hyped all the normies were when the FO4 announcement came out? Makes me laugh my ass off looking back on it and how it was released the same year as tw3, seeing all the fanboys bitching everytime they lost a game award to tw3, good times
>>
File: look ma, colors.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
look ma, colors.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>377099694
mate you're delusional if you think skyrim looked better than FO4

the only parts of skyrim that had even a tinge of atmosphere were the whiteout condition areas like whiterun and that was a small portion of the map, the rest felt like it came out of meeting with the objective of "how can we make the most bland norse medieval fantasy physically possible"
>>
>>377099710
Yeah i cant play skyrim anymore, way too tedious. That being said i did play the fuck out of the cunt when it first came out, and honestly hated fo4
>>
>>377099058
None that I can remember, this was all a few months back if not a year ago by now.
>>
>>377099795
fallout 4 looks like a remaster of the same game if it were released the same time skyrim was tho
>>
>>377099795
I meant the atmosphere, not the actual graphics. Obliviously Skyrim is extremely ugly. Most people are going to be far more interested in medieval fantasy than post-apocalypse stuff, especially nerds that have the free time to make lots of mods for it for free.
>>
>>377099313
Its not even a good fps though, just good shooting by fallout standards which is pointless without the rest of the RPG to back it up. They should have gone all in as a shooter or stuck with the original formula rather than this watered down shitshow
>>
File: Mass_Fusion.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Mass_Fusion.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>377099739
i remember it because i called it from the fucking start right from E3 that skills were going to be gone and the game was going to be utterly dumbed down in writing and RPG mechanics and everyone called me a dumb whiner that hated change

#anonwasright
>>377099818
i played a bit of skyrim right around the time it came out and remembered enjoying it, i liked the daedric quests, getting involved in the politics of gods has always been a soft spot of mine

i tried to start a clean playthrough a month ago and actually finished it and had to delete the file to stop myself from playing it because i wanted to complete it for my backlog but i don't think i've ever been more miserable and uninterested playing a game

>>377099865
i can't find any good picture to illustrate what i'm talking about but boston is downright pretty in some places in a strange way

>>377099978
>more people are going to be interested in medieval fantasy than post apocalyptic sci-fi
why are most people plebs
>>
>>377100053
>*and actually finish it
I think I got to the thalmor politics quest, decided to finish sidequests before i continued and just lost all interest
>>
>>377099720
>The reason skyrim modding took off like an apollo mission, was because it was there from day 1

The CK was released 4 months after Skyrim was released. I think the GECK was 5 months after the release of Fallout 4.
>>
File: hurr.jpg (317KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hurr.jpg
317KB, 1920x1080px
>>377097568
Imho I figure the reason NV enjoyed, and still enjoys, a pretty robust modding community is that the janky old Gamebryo engine is pretty easy to work with on a basic level without any prior interest in scripting. I picked it up a few years ago with at best a tiny amount of knowledge of html and by the end of my project I'd put together a story mod with proper scripting, new weapons, new weapon models and effects, etc.

I approached Fallout 4's Creation Kit and hadn't the first fucking idea how to get anything fucking done. Suddenly I had to do three steps to perform an action that used to take me one. If I gave enough of a fuck about F4 maybe I'd have put in some more effort, but after 10+ hours with no real success in getting a simple fucking function to work (following a tutorial, I add) I gave up.
>>
>>377100124
In fact, didn't FO4 get a head start in modding since some authors used the CK to make some rudimentary model swaps and shit?
>>
>>377097568
Sexy mods are the spears tip for modding in Bethesda games, and its hard to make sexy mods when everyone in the game looks like a trailerpark whore with aids.
>>
>>377100554
> trailerpark whore with aids.
But that makes it even easier.
>>
>>377097568
>Why do most female faces look so similar in F4 mods?
This really bugs me. They change all the ladies into the same creepy doll, like they were put through a machine to turn them all into the "perfect woman"
>>
>>377098741
Skyrim has no redeeming qualities. Fuck right off.
>>
>>377100802
I disagree
>>
>>377100053
>why are most people plebs

Medieval fantasy is easier to self-insert because it's less specific.
>>
File: Adrianne_Avenicci.png (1MB, 600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Adrianne_Avenicci.png
1MB, 600x1000px
>>377100554

Do you not remember what vanilla NPCs in Skyrim looked like?
>>
>>377098741
(you)
>>
File: 2015-11-17_00001.jpg (330KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-17_00001.jpg
330KB, 1920x1080px
The side content in F4 sucks ass, I can't think of a single memorable side quests that I'd want to go through again, maybe the detective one where you have to pretend to be the silver shroud or whatever he was called.

on top of that

>all the weapons look like trash, literally pieces of junk metal taped together
>game looks downright ugly
>voiced MC makes it harder to self-insert
>dialogue choices are just variations of 'Yes, I'll do this generic mission for you'
>>
>>377099409
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAQjBTXEfaA
>>
>>377101164
>voiced MC makes it harder to self-insert

This also probably killed any and all sort of questmods right from the start
>>
>>377098775

Skyrim's gone on sale a lot. A lot. And at pretty good pricepoints.

F4 sometimes dips to half price, but there's no ultimate/goty/niggertrigger edition yet, and the DLC/season pass is rated bad and expensive as fuck still even during sales.
>>
>>377101441

Voiced NPCs didn't kill quest mods, I fail to see why a voiced protagonist would.
>>
>>377100802
Skyrim is one of the best games ever made you contratard faggot hipster
>>
>>377101575
A voiced protag doesn't kill quest mods but I've read about modders giving up dealing with the dialogue system in FO4. Apparently it's very limited due to the 4-way choice you have to put up with or something.
>>
File: 1404084383609.jpg (131KB, 453x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1404084383609.jpg
131KB, 453x1024px
>>377097568
You couldn't download the Creation Kit from Bethesda.net with a pirated copy. That cut off a large chunk of people who weren't willing to pay for this but would have invested time to improve it like me
>>
Because fallout 4 got boring very quickly in and there wasn't a lot of incentive to bother with a second playthrough, mods just couldn't fix that and people didn't care enough about the game to bother making them.

People loved Skyrim from start to finish and most people made multiple playthroughs, so the modding community flourished
>>
>trying to find content mods
>Most of them stopped being curated sometime early/mid 2016

Well fuck.

>Helluva time finding out version specific mod information
>>
>>377101575
>I fail to see why a voiced protagonist would.
>NPCs can be voiced competently by amateur VAs because they're new characters
>the protagonist has a set voice
woah that was hard

most of the large scale questmods I've seen just have his dialogue options replaced by his full line 3/NV style
>>
>>377098741
>>377099568

>mfw people unironically say that Skyrim is better than FO4

In the end they're both not what i'd call gripping games but holy fuck that shit triggers me. FO4 has a more cohesive narrative, it relies less on plopping you into a huge world and thinking you want to just blindly explore, NPCs are more reactive and connected to their world,it's far less ignorantly designed in scope so you aren't holding W down for 15 minutes and the main method of combat (guns) lends itself better to the rehash engine. FO4 is the better fucking game. All Skyrim is is a poorly put together hiking simulator.
>>
>>377099409
You can bang a robobrain in far harbor and I guess curie counts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DkFOa6GfgI
>>
>>377102937
Quite the retarded post your got there, I expected nothing less from someone that would have a a FilthyFrank picture on his PC.
>>
>>377103204
>FilthyFrank
That's Pink Guy senpai
>>
>>377097568
Because it's generic run of the mill ugly cowboy trash. The only one's liking cowboy themed things are westabos, gays and anti-gun control retards. Most of the world likes colors and fantasy. You can't even fuck wolfs in fallout for gods sake.
>>
File: 1346419810876.jpg (76KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1346419810876.jpg
76KB, 600x450px
>>377102937
Your absolutely rancid opinion convinced me to never buy Fallout 4, thanks I guess
>>
>>377102937
They look muvh the same and Skyrim came out years befire FO4, so Skyrim already has a huge mod base. Why would all thr modders jump ship, when the graphics hardly differ?
Nobody gives a crap about gameplay in beth games, they just want to make shit pretty.
>>
>>377104278
>The graphics hardly differ

Not him, but... I really have to disagree. I've played skyrim a few weeks ago, FO4 looks a lot better. Like, a lot.
>>
I really want to try FO4 again but the fact you have to play as a parent looking for his son is the worst fucking thing ever. What the fuck were they thinking?
If I was just some guy that woke up after 200 years of being frozen it would have been fine, even with the 'your wife gets killed' shit. You would still have a reason to look for Kellog and shit, and you can disable the voiced protagonist with mods. But right now I feel so forced into the role of a parent I can't even enjoy the game by fucking around the same way you do in Skyrim

>>377103204
>>377103352
Story and voiced protag aside FO4 has better gameplay then Skyrim, just saying
>>
>>377097568
A lot of reason.
1)Game is shit.
2)Base game already have a lot of feature who normally got covered by mod in FO3/NV.
3)Console mods caused drama with muh copyright.
4)Bethesda.net
5)Game is shit
But recently we got sex mod.
>>
>>377097568
Consolefags killed the modding community by being niggers.
>>
>>377100904
I know. Like niggers.
>>
>>377105598
But gameplay is the least important aspect of bethseda games, since it's always shades of FUCKAWFUL
>>
>>377099449
She was so ruined by that normal human body
>>
File: console lel.jpg (262KB, 1004x689px) Image search: [Google]
console lel.jpg
262KB, 1004x689px
>>377106285
This.
Consolefags are literally the niggers of "gaming".
>>
>>377106083
>1)Game is shit.
Much better than NV/F3, whats your point ?
>>
>>377106689
Granted, it wouldn't be a problem if most modmakers weren't pussy faggots, but that's almost a universal constant of the universe, completely independent of game/genre/whatever, as much as consolefags acting like annoying children is.
>>
>>377102937
TL;DR: I prefer skyrim because I'ts more up my street as a concept, most people who prefer skyrim probably think in the same way.
they're not really comparable.
personally i much preferred skyrim to fallout 4, and it has nothing to do with the quality, just my tastes.
>I enjoy fantasy settings, i do not enjoy wasteland/apocalyptic settings
>I thought the game just looked better, the landscape was more picturesque (not as dense but i like green) particularly with mods.
>I prefer melee combat to guns in most games
>I'm not a fan of the crafting system in fallout, i thought skyrim's crafting system was, for the same of simplicity i guess, more intuitive and easier to use.
>I didn't care about the characters in either story, but at least skyrim didn't make me think that i should
>skyrim just seemed more adventure driven
so it's not really about which one is objectively better from any perspective, i just prefer skyrim because it had more features that where in line with my personal preference. I'd assume the same goes for most people who prefer skyrim
>>
>>377106869
>work for free shit
>complain about people criticizing/giving advice because "you are not my employee reeee"
>threads after threads complaining about kids shitposting on nexus
>le malware inside mod meme

I never saw anything more cancerous than Fallout 4 mod community.
Good thing i pirated the game
>>
File: companion special.jpg (91KB, 656x619px) Image search: [Google]
companion special.jpg
91KB, 656x619px
>>377106475
Curie synth is fucking garbage.
>>
File: 1406641809989.jpg (92KB, 390x325px) Image search: [Google]
1406641809989.jpg
92KB, 390x325px
>They waited too long to release the construction kit.
>The paid mod fiasco killed alot of the momentum in the modding community.
>Fallout 4 didn't bring "new" things. Some modders felt like they were just treading the same ground from Fallout 3 again.
>The modders have always been focused on Elder Scrolls, not everyone jumped onto fallout.
>The scripting and coding of Fallout 4 is a mess, even by bethseda standards. It took longer for a script extender to appear and there's a whole load of bullshit native scripts you have to work around when you crack it open with the kit, if you want to do something remotely complicated.
>Unlike skyrim, oblivion, morrowind, New vegas, F3. F4 didn't leave any desire for a second playthrough with alot of people. Mods aren't going to be made if people can't be bothered with a second or third run.
>>
>>377107308
>Curie only loves me now because i made her incredibly stupid

fuck
why did you show me this
delete
>>
File: 1480188237312.jpg (9KB, 262x263px) Image search: [Google]
1480188237312.jpg
9KB, 262x263px
>>377107308
>more dumb than strong
Kek

Also dogmeat is smarter than every fucking human companion.
>>
>>377106869
>it wouldn't be a problem if most modmakers weren't pussy faggots
It's NOT just clicking "allow for consoles" you dumb fucking kid.
>>
>>377097568
it hasnt even been closed to death.
are you mad because a SHOOTING game has less mods for sluts?
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21872/?
>>
File: 1445819378979.jpg (15KB, 168x200px) Image search: [Google]
1445819378979.jpg
15KB, 168x200px
The reason FO4 modding fell off was because FO4 was what finally exhausted people of Bethesda's stale formula that they've been using tirelessly since Oblivion.

Every game since then feels practically the same. Skyrim and FO4 made it even worse by ridding stats / atrributes / dumbing down SPECIAL and removing stats, turning dungeons into themepark rides with a "Box o' Loot" at the end, and managing to make these incredibly shallow experiences with equally shallow and poorly written stories full of holes and inconsistencies.

People are just finally done with them. Unless Bethesda does something entirely new and fresh with TESVI / FO5, their next in-house RPG game is going to feel equally as stale, if not worse.

I still play Skyrim, but without tons of mods that add shit to do aside from pillage the 100s of samey dungeons, or run around farming endless materials for my shitty dark and poorly lit player house, there's fuck-all to do. Same with Fallout 4. They both lack any fucking substance.

Give me bandits / raiders that do more than just fucking attack on sight. Give me bandits / raiders that can be negotiated with through bartering, speech checks, or outsmarted through guile. Give me bandits / raiders that can be joined to raid towns and maybe even take over a city or two. Like, fuck man. Everything in TES / FO games becomes more and more fucking basic as they go on. It's annoying as shit and insulting to people who have been playing their games for decades who expect more each time but get significantly less instead.
>>
>>377107785

i would assume they meant they are fags for actually giving a shit about internet comments.

or maybe you were just parodying mod makers, idk.
>>
>>377107785
I know that you dumbass, I mean the fact that they couldn't just ignore the retarded consolefags, or better yet, shit on them for being niggers instead of going "oh no my feefees guess I'll stop modding now"
>>
>>377107785
modders showed me the number, there are twice or thrice the amount of download on consoles.
so all that """effort""" pay off. The problem is making mods that doesnt melt their plastic box.
>>
>>377097773
There was literally a mod to fix the achievement disable
>>
>>377108036
>so all that """effort""" pay off
Modders can get dosh from donations on the nexus, downloads mean nothing on beth.net
>>
>>377098741
FO4 is way better
>>
>>377107959
The console-shitters actively "stole" mods and re-uploaded them for consoles.
Consolefags are niggers.
>>
>>377108081
donation is trump change, nigga. No sane modder give a shit about it, just a nice bonus. Reaching a wider audience to get appreciated is all they want.
>>
>>377107889

>"Boxes o' Loot"

I'll always fucking hate this shit so hard. It completely nullifies any point in Bethesda making the effort to hide actual shit in the world when it can just be effortlessly looted in a box at the end of some dungeon full of nothing but brainless fodder. There's a reason why morrowloot was so hugely popular in Skyrim. People want to feel accomplished for finding something rare and unique, not having it handed to them for killing a dozen draugr or snow elves and looting a giant box.

Every game seems to treat people more and more like idiots. I hate comparing shit to Morrowind, but it really was the apex in RPG design from Bethesda, and I truly think they'll never achieve anything greater. Skyrim was only so popular because it just happened to land at the right time for gaming.
>>
>>377102937
Skyrim is definitely better than Shitout 4
>>
>>377108230
I'm well aware, then they'd blame the original modmaker, and most modders reacted to this by whining like bitches and quitting.
If they had spines to call a spade a spade, or in this case a nigger a nigger, FO4 might have a modding community.

>>377108305
>donation is trump change, nigga.
Money makes the world go round.
Passion is dead in modding communities, it's all about cash and drama.
>>
>>377108323

>I hate comparing shit to Morrowind, but

Don't. It was a proper RPG in every aspect. It's only faults were it's hit detection depending on your stamina, and how unforgivably ugly it was.

Bethesda shot themselves in both feet for not doing a proper remaster of Morrowind that included everything as-was but on a better engine for it's anniversary.
>>
>>377108305
>Reaching a wider audience to get appreciated is all they want.
And then getting shittalked by console kiddies - now you understand why they stopped caring.
>>
>>377098564
There are sexlab mods already and there are tons of enbs as well.
>>
File: 1475634973354.png (180KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1475634973354.png
180KB, 480x480px
Didn't bethestasda shot themselves in the foot by not releasing creation kit early or something? As far as I remember there was an interest for modding since people were expecting it to superpass skyrims modding community but they pretty much couldn't do most stuff without creation kit?
>>
>>377108456
> it's all about cash and drama
if they want cash they would go patreon, dota/csgo or find a real job instead.
drama has always existed. now they get more drama because it is opened for consoles. adjustment come gradually.
passion die until the todd's next baby drop.
>>
>check FO4 nexus
>expect gameplay and immersion mods as so on
>almost everything is outfits and settlement components
When did Fallout turn into the Sims?
>>
>>377097568
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD9BvKRy1No
>>
>>377108401
Other than the mods, no, it really isn't.
It's a terribly generic game that only sub 80-iq casuals could enjoy vanilla, and a somewhat mediocre and unstable sandboxy rpg heavily modded.
>>
>>377108656
>they pretty much couldn't do most stuff without creation kit?
fake news
they can do so much more
but putting in the old skill system is a very tall order the game wasnt designed for. so they try to overhaul todd's system instead.
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21899/?
>>
>>377108678

When it was released as a settlement sim game
>>
>>377108678
F4 isnt immersive at all.
Skyrim might be a shit game but atleast you can immersive yourself into it in some way after modding it.
>>
>>377100848
Sorry for you shit tastes? Dunno what to tell you.
>>377101735
Here is your reply.
>>
>>377108689
>9/10+ from every critic on earth, loved by every person that isn't an underaged /v/ memelord, won countless awards, goty up the ass, still played (even vanilla) to this very day, sold millions, set a new standard for open world and content in RPG, so good every RPG after it tried to copy it but always failed, except BotW
>terribly generic/mediocre

This is exactly why neo/v/ is pathetic
>>
>>377108751

That mod may seem impressive on the surface but it's probably just repurposing the old horse riding code from Skyrim.
>>
>>377097568
Bethesda finally fucked up so badly that mods can't even attempt to salvage the game.

>>377098428
Skyrim still had some elements of an RPG framework for modders to work with. FO4 removed even that.
>>
>>377099349
>It's a good game just not a good ___ game

Fallout 4 is an empty and boring wasteland with shit story and retarded decisions everywhere.

>hey, you just came out of freeze, so here's a power armour and kill a deathclaw with it. Cool, isn't it?

Mass Effect 3 had a good gunplay compared to 1, it doesn't mean the game wasn't shit.
>>
>>377109228
eh no sweetie, if you ever use CK or GECK you know that modders must script that from scratch because horse riding is hardcoded and hidden since the editor doesnt mean to be a full blown developing tools.
>>
>>377098741
Eh Skyrim was as wide as a lake but as shallow as a puddle while Fallout 4 was as wide as a pond during a drought and as shallow as a lightly humid concrete floor.
>>
>>377100554
>Sexy mods are the spears tip for modding in Bethesda games
>Spears
>In a Bethesda game
>>
>>377100390
>Imho I figure the reason NV enjoyed, and still enjoys, a pretty robust modding community is that the janky old Gamebryo engine is pretty easy to work with on a basic level without any prior interest in scripting. I picked it up a few years ago with at best a tiny amount of knowledge of html and by the end of my project I'd put together a story mod with proper scripting, new weapons, new weapon models and effects, etc.
What if someone has literally no knowledge of scripting or anything programming-related? I've gotten curious about making a quest mod.
>>
File: fo4dialogue-ghoul.jpg (351KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
fo4dialogue-ghoul.jpg
351KB, 1440x900px
>>377101164
>dialogue choices are just variations of 'Yes, I'll do this generic mission for you'
Or "No, I am not interested in [thing]."
>>
>>377098564
>Sexout
>Sexlab without beast races.
BORIIIING
>>
>>377109439

Sorry, mom, but you're wrong. I actually do mod and I know how mounts work in Skyrim. Assuming all the code is still there, and this is Bethesda so it probably is, the guy just had modify the mesh of the motorcycle a bit, set it up as a race and hook it into the existing system.
>>
>>377101441
As if Bethesda games didn't have enough problems getting people to make quest mods. They just *had* to make it even *more* difficult.

>>377101756
They can't even jury-rig a solution by making one of the 4 choices into "Choose this for more options"? Or maybe that's just more trouble than it's worth. I can see how it could easily get very awkward.

>>377102937
>you aren't holding W down for 15 minutes
Well, yeah, because you can traverse the entire overworld in less than 15 minutes.
>>
>>377101164
The Silver Shroud questline is probably the best thing in the game and is the only thing to actually take advantage of the voiced protagonist, but only if you pick the speak as Shroud options because you can see your character growing into the character of the silver shroud from his voice, delivery and the responses of the enemy.

I completely lost interest in the game after playing that quest since it stood out as so much better than everything else.
>>
>>377110031
What other options are there?

It's Yes/No/Maybe (=I'll come back later to decide) if you take it down to the basics and just consider the effects.

In RPGs, if you include some reputation/opinion system, you just come down with slight variations that let you take less of an opinion hit upon declining.
>>
>>377097568
because its quite literally skyrim with guns
why mod skyrim again?
everyone just went back to tes
>>
File: Not So Strong Afterall.png (156KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Not So Strong Afterall.png
156KB, 1280x1024px
>>377107308
>>377107587
>>377107672
I'm not sure how accurate those values are. Especially when I looked at Strong in the Creation kit and saw this.
>>
>>377106983
>I prefer skyrim because I'ts more up my street as a concept, most people who prefer skyrim probably think in the same way.
Yeah, that's how it is for me as well. I already prefer fantasy over sci-fi, but Fallout drives me even further away with its goofy 1950s retrofuturism shit. I like my sci-fi to look more like Mass Effect.
>>
>>377110987
you can say yes/no/maybe then sabotage the quest giver's goal in a decent rpgs.
>>
>>377108230
>The console-shitters actively "stole" mods and re-uploaded them for consoles.
And then when the mods didn't work, because they literally *couldn't* work on a console, they blamed the actual creators of the mods.

I mean, I'm not into that "PC Master Race" bullshit. In fact, even though I do game on PC, I know very little about computers and always dread having to upgrade, because it means searching through a bunch of shit I don't really understand. But I at least have the basic intelligence necessary to realize why a mod simply won't work on a console. Even if I didn't even know that and was completely new to the very concept of modding, my initial attitude would be "Wait, can I actually do that on a console?" instead of "Just check the box for 'enable on consoles', dickhead."
>>
>>377099287
It has more actual rpg mechanics to fuck around with.
No voice actor crap you have to deal with for custom quests.
Better text selection system for choices and such.
More traditional skills you can mess around with
etc.

It's why NV and Skyrim have enjoyed the best modding scenes. They're basic and allow a lot more fucking around with mods than Fallout 4 does.
>>
File: Elder-Scrolls-Skyrim.jpg (151KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Elder-Scrolls-Skyrim.jpg
151KB, 1500x1000px
>checked new mods for Skyrim after long hiatus
>wow there are sex mods for every of my fetishes
>spend several hours hyped installing mods, scripts, 3rd party programs, updates,
>started Skyrim
>realised why I stopped playing
>tfw I had more fun installing mods than actually playing
>>
>>377111432
Would you say that you were going to sabotage someone in dialog with them?

No?

Then why is it a problem with the dialog system
>>
>>377102937
Skyrim had dragon gimmick, great trailers and fun predecessor. There is no reason for me to even try Fallout 4, especially after Fallout 3 trainwreck and mediocre Skyrim experience.
>>
Because FO4 was the game that broke the camel's back in terms of casualization.
Skyrim took it just far enough, just barely far enough that it got everyone interested and, even though more core gamers didn't like it as much as older stuff, they still played it.
FO4 completely turned away more core gamers and even casuals thought it was too simple for something claiming to be an rpg. It didn't feel like an rpg as much as it felt like a basic sandbox shooter with rpg elements.

I don't expect them to bring back Obsidian, but they're honestly one of the few devs that could salvage the series from the casualization Bethesda brought to it. I hope to god Bethesda learns their lesson though and realizes they don't need to dumb down their games, but take the mass market they have and make their games more complicated but also accessible (like what NV did with FO3)
>>
>>377112112
>every
>>
>>377110509
The whole USS Constitution questline was fucking hilarious.
>>
>>377112912
it was also honestly one of those quests where it felt like they shouldn't have bothered to give you a choice.

>Side with cool robots who give you a neat and exclusive hat and weapon and watch the constitution crash into a building.
>Or side with dirty scavengers who give you a bunch of scrap you can get by scrapping a few pistols, a typewriter, a camera, and a desk fan.
>>
>Skyrim Special Edition
>be hyped as fuck
>dynamic lights fixed
>dynamic lights support for exterior
>faster loading
>more npcs around with no issues
>finally able to install open cities and no fps loss
>hope bethesda will leave hidden framework for FO4 settlement somewhere in game for modders to use

Nope.
>enb will never reach the same potential as Oldrim
>means no sso, ao ,sss, reflections, speculars and direct/point lighting settings
>no lighting fixes
>no exterior dynamic lights
>no mfg console fix
>flickering LOD still present

Special Edition was a mistake, and Fallout4 is boring as fuck. Again a vault escape with outdoors who barely know how to nail a plank. Screw this i wanted more mature story like clash of civilizations in the NV, rebuilding the world etc.
>>
See, when the vast majority of your gameplay is shooting, you should at least try to have good shooting mechanics.
>>
>>377099287
Skyrim is a Sandbox. You can make whatever character you want drop it in the world and fuck around.
Fallout 4 has nothing to do except shoot at stuff.
>>
>>377109321

before the thread dies, could you point me to where he literally says >It's a good game just not a good ___ game? Or are you just putting words into other people's mouths again, the same way old nick up the street puts his penis in yours?
>>
>>377098428
argonians
>>
>>377112112
I remember this pasta.
>>
>>377112912
The end where they crash into an even worse place fucking killed me laughing.
>>
>>377097568
A) Game doesn't need it. Until recently they were stills hitting out new content left and right.
B) Most mod nerds like kawaii and pretty, not bombed out and ugly.
They want pretty elves, not rotting ghouls and grotesque super mutants.
>>
>>377098315
get back to work, kinsie
>>
File: 1489718572929.jpg (11KB, 318x313px) Image search: [Google]
1489718572929.jpg
11KB, 318x313px
>>377097568

>still no proper Enhanced Camera mod

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>377097773
Why would anyone use steam workshop?
>>
>>377097773
are you retarded? modding comunity has nothing to do with steam werkshop
>>
Fallout 4 is a decent game in that the gameplay is actually alright for the most part. The gunplay is mostyl satisfying.

Unlike Skyrim, where you just slap people with a sword a bunch of times and then they die.
>>
>>377119426
I used a create you own difficulty mod that really made the gunplay nice and not so bullet spongy. 2x player damage and 3x enemy damage makes for a decent game, though certain guns are still shit. (ie, all automatics)
>>
File: 1483284572060.jpg (25KB, 418x475px) Image search: [Google]
1483284572060.jpg
25KB, 418x475px
fallout 4 gameplay wise is not bad

bethesda finally managed to make gunplay satisfying in gamebryo, so i dindnt just VATS through every combat like in previous gamebryo fallouts. upgrade that laser musket to level 4 and enjoy your death sniper rifle

i still dont know why people defend skyrim, that game somehow managed to reach mediocrity in every aspect except modding. the dungeons are mediocre, the story is mediocre, the sidequests are mediocre, the combat is mediocre, hell - even the main draws like dragons and shouts get mediocre after you slay the first one or get your first shout

what the hell is the appeal of unmodded skyrim, please explain to me
>>
>>377119912
I wish there was a mod that changed damage based on caliber of the round, with small modifications for different guns. So an automatic does the same damage as a single shot that uses the same bullet. But then you'd need a mod to decrease the amount of ammo you get, gives enemies limited ammo, rewrites their ai to conserve said ammo...

Just becomes too much of a cluster fuck I guess.
>>
>>377119118
Easy to gain fame , easy to install.
>>
>>377120114
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14669/?

use it with weapons of fate slower bullet speed.
>>
>>377097568
The only thing they could really add in worth while is crafting / settlement shit and they already made of ton of it.
Skyrim was a shittier game then Fallout 4, but Skyrim had a better world and it's dialog system didn't cripple modders.
The only real thing to look forward to with Fallout 4 is sex mods / slavery shit.
>>
>>377097568
Because the game is already perfect. Midgets never stood a chance.
>>
File: 1494831045763.jpg (236KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1494831045763.jpg
236KB, 1280x720px
>>377102937
Here are some buzzwords for ya, you filthy fag.
Cohesive, immersive, narrative, progressive, smooth, unique, responsive, dynamic, expansive, revolutionary.
Thread posts: 163
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.