[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy shit /v/. There are literally no modern 1v1 competitive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: WarcraftIII[1].jpg (80KB, 256x364px) Image search: [Google]
WarcraftIII[1].jpg
80KB, 256x364px
Holy shit /v/.
There are literally no modern 1v1 competitive games anymore. RNGstone does not count.

If you want to play a new competitive game without heavy RNG elements or teammates you have to play starcraft (old and dying) or literally nothing else.

Back in the RTS days you had a shelves of options. I even remember playing a HL2 mod that had 1v1 battles. What happened?
>>
>>377096982
play fighting games
>>
>>377097029
fpbp
>>
>>377097029
>play fighting games
Huh. You are right, I never even thought of that.
Was never a fan though. Dislike them for the same reason I dislike SC2, to much APM required.

How fast you can physically mash buttons should not have a major impact on the game for it to be fun for me.
>>
>>377096982
RTS is kill and all the attempts to revive it have failed miserably. Basically if you're not Blizzard (with its legion of blizzdrones ready to buy any shit you shovel out), you might as well not even bother. Might as well wait until they butcher Warcraft IV.
>>
>>377097145
>Might as well wait until they butcher Warcraft IV.
I'm hoping they remaster WC3 like they are doing for SC1.
>>
>>377097134
Sounds like you're just bitching for no reason. What is it that you want? There's always the new Quake and Unreal Tournament
>>
>>377097289
>Sounds like you're just bitching for no reason. What is it that you want?
So defensive.
I want what I said I want. A competitive game that is focused entirely on gameplay, and not gameplay + who can hit buttons the fastest.
>>
It's too easy to see who sucks less in 1v1, noob repellent, we love team games for the cuhrazy unpredictable white noise responsibility diffusion.

Explains team sports
>>
>>377097385
Maybe Magic or Yugioh?

When it comes down to it, most competitive games have and always will require fast inputs. Be it either twitch reactions in FPS games or fast micromanagement in RTS games.
>>
Guilty Gear Rev 2 and Tekken 7 (fuck SFV, fuck NRS etc.)

Quake Champions (bleh) or upcoming Diabotical (definitely NOT a quake 3 reskin, honest)

Warcraft 3 and Brood War are still being supported. Brood War is obviously being remastered and Warcraft is being patched too.
>>
>>377097385
Speed is an important aspect of any competitive game.Rts, fighting, Moba, FPS,whatever.

You need to think and react quickly . if you can't muster the reaction times, then you're just not cut out for competitivevidya.

Try a tcg like magic the gathering
>>
>>377097385
Fighting games isnt just about hitting buttons the fastest but you seem autistic so I won't argue further with you
>>
>>377096982
>I want 1v1
>>377097134
>but I don't want to have to actually be good at it

Even shit like puyo puyo tetris requires high speed action, in addition to quick thinking. I sincerely wish you luck, op. Even your own examples in the OP were APM heavy games.
>>
>RNGstone
>forgetting WC3 group pathing, creep drops, and damage system
>>
>>377096982
Literally any fightan game, but reading your posts makes me think you're actually a pseudo tryhard who claims to be competitive but can't even into mechanical skill.
>>
Doesn't bother me, Counterstrike is better no matter how many quakebabbies come out of the woodwork to inexplicably compare it to their dead relic
>>
>>377097648
>Guilty Gear Rev 2 and Tekken 7
lolno
>>
ESL has 1v1 Counter-Strike.

I was once the number 4 ranked guy in EU in 1v1 CS:S.
That was way before the e-sport hype though so I never played for lots of cash. My highest win was like 6000€
>>
>>377097985
do u main deadshot friendo
>>
>>377097852
Pathfinding in WC3 had no ring, if you are too dumb to guide your units around the map then thats on you
>>
File: blademaster.gif (15KB, 166x161px) Image search: [Google]
blademaster.gif
15KB, 166x161px
>this guy walks up to your base and starts 2 shoting your guys' asses
what do
>>
>>377098320
mine swap wisps while buying dust with my demon hunter than spamming mana burn until he goes away then I dust and chase.
>>
>>377098320
*upgrades ziggurat*
nothing personnel kid :^)
>>
>>377097852
While the pathing was retarded, it was not affected by RNG.
>>
File: dh.gif (14KB, 169x171px) Image search: [Google]
dh.gif
14KB, 169x171px
>>377098320
>can't WW if you dont have any mana :^)
>>
>>377098320
*uninstalls game*
can't lose if I don't play ;)
>>
File: banner.png (717KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
banner.png
717KB, 1200x630px
http://iron-harvest.com/

This game so far seems to be our only hope at a decent comp 1v1 RTS, its "inspired" by the original Coh, as waell as Dow 1 and 2 and warcraft 3
>>
File: CLLDUUo_d.jpg (43KB, 499x302px) Image search: [Google]
CLLDUUo_d.jpg
43KB, 499x302px
>RNGstone
>Competitive
>When literally 1/3 of the game is decided by a coin toss
>>
>>377099018
>indie
Nope
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.