[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the best game ever created? It is incredibly addictive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: AgeofEmpireII.jpg (131KB, 591x591px) Image search: [Google]
AgeofEmpireII.jpg
131KB, 591x591px
Is this the best game ever created?

It is incredibly addictive and the skill ceiling is very high.
>>
File: 1469004291013s.jpg (3KB, 125x115px) Image search: [Google]
1469004291013s.jpg
3KB, 125x115px
You're now imagining this being in the pro scene like starcraft...

we can dream OP....
>>
First AoE is better
>>
Hardly.

I really wish we'd have a game as good as AoEII with the setting of the original AoE. Not that AoE was bad, just that it's dated in various ways more akin to WarCraft II than BW.
>>
File: 1468917467336.jpg (16KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
1468917467336.jpg
16KB, 375x500px
>>377095310
>>
>>377095226
Is Starcraft really that much better? Somehow I doubt it. The amount of strategy in AOE2 is insane.
>>
File: Age_of_Mythology_Liner.jpg (51KB, 256x398px) Image search: [Google]
Age_of_Mythology_Liner.jpg
51KB, 256x398px
not when this exists
>>
>>377095635
It looks absolutely horrid though. 3D graphics always do decades later.

AoE/II, SC, WarCraft/II etc. all aged much better.
>>
>>377095226
SE Asia loves it, that's why Rise of the Rajas exists
>>
>>377095117
It's fun but full of problems.

For one,it is totally unbalanced. A few civs just dominate once you know how to use them.

Statecraft only had 3, but each one was much more distinct and balanced to each other. If aoe2 ever did go pro, you'd only ever see like 4 civs played, if that.
>>
>>377095682
SC looks like shit and its HD Remastered looks even worse
>>
>>377095882
>SC looks like shit
Don't ever reply to my posts again.
>>
File: 1469002102297.jpg (49KB, 616x699px) Image search: [Google]
1469002102297.jpg
49KB, 616x699px
You guys are all missing my point, i'm not saying SC is better i'm saying SC has a pro scene where AoE2 does not.

its saddening to me because i prefer AoE2...
>>
>>377096124
There is a pro scene, just smaller. Sometimes they advertise it in the AOE2HD launcher
>>
>>377095117
It's up there
The great thing is the scalability
It's fun from the very bottom, children building nice towns and having 3 hour matches against the AI, to mid-tier skirmishes between decent people, to the very top tier where players like Viper act like insane machines
>>
>>377095682
>absolutely horrid
Surely you exaggerate. If you pay attention the units aren't that detailed but overall it looks neat, the landscape and buildings in particular look cool. I will only grant a point because AoE2 does look great.
>>
>>377096673
I used to love it as a kid but I couldn't play through the HD remake. WCIII is hopeless too.
>>
Starcraft has a pro-scene because Blizzard put a shitload of support behind it while Microsoft abandoned PC gaming for the most parts with the 360

The quality of a game has nothing to do with its esport appeal. Literally anything can be esport. Just look at them funding console FPS tournaments with everyone there using controllers supported with autoaiming. It never was about skill or balance.
>>
>>377096891
SC2, yes. BW, no.

As far as I know Blizzard didn't really do jack shit with BW as far as esports go. Thing kind of took off on its own in Korea and only after they realized it had, they started building on it, especially with SC2.
>>
>>377097261
And its no surprise that Korea got into SC

Historical games like AoE are more appealing to westerners. While fantasy games can appeal to anyone.
>>
>>377097373
Especially with the focus always being on Europe, yes.

There's not much you can do with most of Africa or the Americas, but there's a lot of potentially interesting history in Asia, and not just in China and Japan. Some historical stories are just more interesting than others. I'm a Finn, and our history of being a backwater vassal of Sweden and Russia in turn while trying to scrape by is dreadfully boring, for example.
>>
>>377097573
Asians simply have their own history.
Their civilization has no connection to the greeks, egyptians, persians and grand old Rome.

For them its as unappealing as us talking about ancient chinese tribes and royal lines.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.