[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do people actively play this? It's like the FPS everyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

Do people actively play this? It's like the FPS everyone wanted but I've never heard much news about it.
>>
File: afps.jpg (432KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
afps.jpg
432KB, 1920x1080px
>>377093654
it's a dead genre that people only like to talk about to show how leet and hardcore they are, but nobody actually finds those games fun or actually plays them anymore.
>>
>>377093654
>the FPS everyone wanted
Not everyone is an arena shooter obsessed shitter.
>>
I seriously lost count how many of those IN YOUR FACE ARENA SHOOTER REVIVAL NO F2P ONLY SKILL MATTERS games popped up and died
>>
>>377095158
>popped up and died

Sad and true.
>>
>>377094525
go play your casualwatch faggot
>>
File: 1493886925722.png (122KB, 216x211px) Image search: [Google]
1493886925722.png
122KB, 216x211px
>>377093654
>It's like the FPS everyone wanted

Except for those 3 or 4 real purists, people don't want arena shooters they only think they do, that's why they don't play any of them even the big names like Quake Live and Unreal Tournament.

Also the UT series has a splitted community with people that want UT4 to be like UT99 and others that want it to be like UT2k4, nobody is really pleased with the game at the moment.

But we all know Quake Champions is the only one that will matter.
>>
File: APUSTAJA.jpg (34KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
APUSTAJA.jpg
34KB, 657x527px
>>377095941
this isn't fucking muh quake. at least ut has the BALLS to stick to its guns.

I am a tre afps aficionado. I've got 8 hours on QLIve.
>>
I've been having an itch for a little while now to really learn an arena FPS, like movement tutorials and learning to stack and stuff. But it's kind of like fighting games where I really want to do it with someone else who is just as trash as I am so it's not just me forever getting stomped by people who've been playing since QW or UT99. Oh well.
>>
>>377096075
good luck with that
10% difference in skill in arena shooters literally makes better player untouchable
>>
>>377096247
That's probably why I'll never actually get to doing it. But I still have that itch.
>>
>>377096626
Play with bots.
There is very little difference in arena shooters between bots and human players, except that bots fall for spamming.
>>
>>377094525
instead you're all casual mario party obsessed shitters
>hurr skill based games are autistic
>>
>>377096045
>at least ut has the BALLS to stick to its guns.

Yes but sticking to the past to keep the last few purists interested will not keep a game alive. You need a hybrid game that keep what made the genre great but adds new things to it.

With the champions in QC you can add meaningful content for years to keep people interested, it's more than maps and skins. I bet in the end almost nobody will play the "classic mode" of QC despite what everyone is saying.
>>
>>377093654
it's been in Alpha since forever and the devs would rather work on Paragon than on UT anymore

The game is fantastic for how early in its developement it is, but many players just left because updates are so slow to come
>>
>>377096045
>at least ut has the BALLS to stick to its guns.
say that to the fall 2016 update where most people had quit by then and that change made everyone else give up all hope.
>>
>>377096075
Now is the best time to get into Quake Champions. Movement system is similar to Q3/QL (other than specific heroes having different moves such as walljump/crouch slide) and there's lots of noobs picking it up as their very first quake game so that you don't end up getting stomped by 99% of the community all the time
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.