[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth it to collect games? I love the feeling of playing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: dccomplete.jpg (142KB, 450x984px) Image search: [Google]
dccomplete.jpg
142KB, 450x984px
Is it worth it to collect games? I love the feeling of playing an old favorite on the original system, but the convenience my PC has given me makes me question whether or not I want to spend the money on owning every game I like physically. I'm considering selling off all my games that aren't personal 10/10s and just going digital on my PC for everything else. What do you guys think when it comes to collecting games?
>>
>>377093354
I only bother with exclusives and even then with the older ones I check if some form of emulation exists for it. Only if I'm out of option do I actually get a physical copy.
I find it odd that multiplat physical games often go for more, than exclusives.
>>
File: IMG_1017.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1017.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>377093354
I like collecting games. It's almost as fun as the games themselves.
It's funny when someone is like
>Man I wish I still had Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time
And I tell them they are a faggot for trading in their games, because I still have mine
>>
>>377093354
i find that emulated games have shit audio, or the graphics suck ass, or they use the REDONE version or remasterd version like with FF6
>>
I still have most of my PS1 and PS2 games. But when I got my PS2, my dad gave my PS1 and some games to my little nephew. PS2 still works though, unlike my fat PS3.
>>
>>377093354

I had a decent collection (worked at a vidya store over a decade ago) but after moving a lot I got sick of the space needed. I sold off most of my collection but kept my personal favorites, games I planned on playing or ones I knew would skyrocket in value or rarity.

It can be fun to collect but I eventually fell out of it and saw most of it as clutter. I had rows of vidya and boxed shit I was never going to play.

I don't like emulation that much either but it's nice to try out games. Original hardware is still the best to play on.
>>
>>377093642
Shut up, Dracula.
>>
>he doesnt have a copy of grabbed by the ghoulies laying around from his childhood
>>
I kind of just collect what I want. I really didn't like the DVD sized boxes of yesteryear so I'm sticking with PS3, PS4, and sometimes Switch games.
>>
I get buying physical games, even for a complete hackable system like the 3DS, but actually retroactively collecting is quite the rabbit hole, and I personally would only find frustration in competing with kikes and other trash marking up the price of old games.

That might be worth it to some people, I do it with toys which is just as autistic, but the worth of classy hoarding is entirely up to you.
>>
I personally love physical copies so that's what I buy/collect. However, if you weren't old enough to already own nes-playstation games then it's going to be a bitch to start collecting those if interested. I would say wait until the bubble bursts on retro games, but right now it seems like it's best to collect PS2/PS3/360/Wii as most are dirt cheap and will most likely see the same thing happen once they become "retro" too.

However, I don't understand how people can strictly emulate. I just can't fathom that I don't own the game and for some reason I don't get the same amount of excitement as if it were physical.
>>
I just collect games from franchises I like so usually isn't much. Collecting all the games of a system just for the sake of collecting feels more like extreme hoarding.
>>
I like collecting but only in the sense that I've kept almost every game I ever bought/received as gift. I rarely buy a game years after it was released.

Collecting/buying games more than two generations old is like cheating. Collecting a game that was made before you were born is the height of faggotry.
>>
>>377096853

Getting a game that's older than you is fine if you plan on playing it. Just putting it on a shelf is pretty stupid.
>>
>>377093642
"Man I wish I still had Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time"
>>
>>377093642
WTF? How do the games stay in place?
>>
>>377093642
anon why the fuck did you glue your games and shelves to the roof?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.