[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>started my fourth playthrough >still enjoy it Explain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8

File: smtiv.jpg (1MB, 1545x1374px) Image search: [Google]
smtiv.jpg
1MB, 1545x1374px
>started my fourth playthrough
>still enjoy it
Explain why you like or don't like SMT IV.
>>
Making busted demons was fun until it just feels like they're numbers and moves.
>>
>>377082714
Same reason I don't like Megaman ZX or ZX Advent as much as I should: THE MAP IS SHIT.
>>
>>377082961
Your bodymap is shit
>>
Made it down into the depths but couldn't stick it out for any major plot reveals because I lost interest.
I'm super stoked that they incorporated negotiations in P5 though.
>>
Shit maps, shit demons designs, terrible fucking A.I.

Yes thank you for the agi, the boss really needed that smirk, oh I'm dead now, THANKS, really, fucking thanks.
>>
>>377082714
>physical costs mp and not hp
Why is this fucking allowed?
>>
>>377083356
negotiations in P5 feel more like P2, impossible to fail.
>>
>>377082714
I played SMT1, which IV is a loose remake of.
>>
>>377082714
game was pretty much solid up until after medusa fight. everything after the 2 paths seperation trials is just a damn mess.

>demon inheritance is completely broken. It's too easy to juggle around skills from the compendium and make overpowered demons. demons having 8 slots is too damn much, and placing a refl/drain for an otherwise weak slot shouldn't be allowed.

>the game doesn't complement broken demon combat. holy and luster candy spam-fest. demiurge's battle was just a fucking drag. . needless to say, end-game sessions are broken as fuck and pretty much lack strategy or fun.
i guarantee you everyone's typical set up for their top 3 demons are luster candy/debilitate/megidolaon/drain/refl phys/pierce/prayer/titano

>lame ass new demon designs. asmodeus and ayyylmao were just edgy but minotaur was aight.

>bland world. boring dungeons. lacked the necessary cyberpunk feel despite okay music.

>boring and uninspired story. rehashed muh law-chaos-neutral route with nothing new or exciting. story was a predictable snore.
>>
>>377082714
>Explain why you like or don't like SMT IV.

I don't like it because it wasn't good

bad story and playstation 1 graphics, and it's not as good as SMT3, Strange Journey, Devil Survivor, or Digital Devil Saga, and needless to say it wasn't as good as Persona 4
>>
>>377082714
I liked it but after playing Final I see no reason to return.
>>
I had a blast until i reached tokyo, that map made me lose all the interest in the game
>>
Protag looks like a mix of a soft faced Sissy bitch and an afro wearing wigger
>>
>>377082714
I love it because it has the best atmosphere in the series. Only Soul Hackers comes close.
>inb4 a thousand replies from crybaby nocturne niggers
>>
>>377083662
Because you should git gud
>>
File: 1479011477453.jpg (113KB, 610x481px) Image search: [Google]
1479011477453.jpg
113KB, 610x481px
>>377082714
>"Kill the demon in Tokyo"
IT'S ALL TOKYO YOU FUCKING STUPID GAME!
>>
>>377083934
It ain't, it just has tons of references. Devil Survivor 1 has more hints of being one. SMT IV has more in common with SMT2 than 1,actually.
>>
I've been told that STR is useless in this and that I shouldn't bother leveling it up. How much harder is it if I mess up where I put my points? It's early game. I've only been to Naraku a couple of times, and it feels like I'm getting my ass kicked.
>>
>>377088352
That's not raidou nigga
>>
>>377088876
Just pump everything into dex. Choose wether to go magic or physic and you should be good.
>>
>>377088876
STR build is still useful. You'll run into interesting hurdles but it makes the game way more fun than a typical MAG build
IIRC there's an endgame skill thats holy/phys anyways so you won't be putting yourself at a disadvantageous in the games broken ass late meta game
>>
>>377082714
Oh look, another awful Bloodborne ripoff.
>>
>>377089462
Nigga STR is fucking useless in IV. It only affect auto attack.
>>
File: Minotaur_SMTIV_Full_Artwork.jpg (159KB, 698x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Minotaur_SMTIV_Full_Artwork.jpg
159KB, 698x1280px
>>377083543
>Nu-/v/ is too casual for Minotaur
>>
>>377089448
I thought you go 3 dex/mag and 1 luck/agility
>>
File: smt4morax.jpg (325KB, 600x498px)
smt4morax.jpg
325KB, 600x498px
>>377089589
I know, right? I mean look at this concept art.
>>
>>377088876
As long as you don't go full STR the whole game you should be fine. I went STR until after minotaur, and I beat the game easily once I got out of naruku.

Naraku usually kicks your ass when you first start the game, but once you get to tokyo everything pretty much becomes a breeze, with the exception of maybe two bosses if you let them death's door you, you fight the dlc bosses unprepared, or you go fiend hunting.

Don't go fiend hunting unless you want to lose your fucking mind.
>>
>>377089589
>>377089928

Bloodborne > Shin Megaman Tensei
>>
>>377089462
You've been memed way too hard into the "world of str" that only applies to Nocturne if you think MAG isn't the most fun build in SMTIV.
>>
>>377089448
Interesting. So, I'll go MAG if I want to use magic stuff or dex otherwise. Are AGI and LCK useless/not worth it (not as useless at STR, I assume)?
>>
File: smt4change.jpg (200KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
smt4change.jpg
200KB, 900x1200px
>>377089045
As good as Raidou 1's is, IV's soundtrack was so fucking good and varied for atmosphere.
>>
>>377090018
Cool. I wasn't going to restart, but that's a relief to hear. I'm also glad that Naraku is supposed to be rough. I thought I was doing something really wrong since early game was kicking my ass.
>>
>>377090025
MegaTen game made by From Soft when
>>
>>377089589
This is the dark souls of persona
>>
>>377090053
AGI is useful to actually hit shit or dodge, so you should put some points into that. If you go MAG LCK is useless since MAG gets press turns when it hits weaknesses, and can't randomly crit.
>>
>>377090032
Yeah because we really need one more megido spammer into our team of already 3 anticthoners, right?
>>
Honestly its the type of game that is hard to come back to when you drop it for awhile.
>>
>>377089928
Smt would make such a great action/shooter game. I get autistic fantasies about how strange journeys fights play out.
>>
I loved Tokyo.
>>
>>377091402
The map exploration was underrated as fuck, I don't know why everyone hates it. Maybe I'm just good with maps but it wasn't hard for me to figure out, I don't get the hate.
>>
>>377091562
It's badly designed man. It's got arbitrary progression barriers (although admittably none as unoriginal as smtiva) a lack of place names and needlessly obscured pathways. Admittably there are some people who seem to act like Tokyo completely ruins the whole game which is obviously ridiculous and similarly people who act like it takes litterally hours to just find out where to go next when it really doesn't but I struggle to see how anyone could think it is a good experience.
>>
This game was fantastic untill you reach tokyo. From there on the quality level goes down big ass times and you have to go out of your way to make the game somewhat challenging or buy the dlc good goym
>>
>>377091562
The overworld itself felt like a shitty mesh they built in like a week's worth of production.
Some outside areas were neat and had a nice synth vibe like the diet building but for the most part the game felt empty.
Dungeons are meh and the random generated ones are a bore.
>>
Didn't like some changes, like all demons having paper thin defenses and stuff.
Tokyo wasn't good and the dungeons were really bland.
>>
>>377083731
Better than failing most of the time due to RNG. It's not impossible to fail either, unless you're SUPER good at determining what option goes with which personality.
>>
File: 20130623073558c12s.jpg (38KB, 394x499px) Image search: [Google]
20130623073558c12s.jpg
38KB, 394x499px
The atmosphere, setting and music were stellar. I beat it four times and plan on playing it at least two more times for 100%.
>>
>>377082714
I stumbled into the neutral route and found out that I had to go back and do all the side quests to progress in the story. Never dropped a game so fast.
>>
File: 1465898889366.jpg (100KB, 998x810px) Image search: [Google]
1465898889366.jpg
100KB, 998x810px
>>377093245
>100%
>those fiend spawn rates
>>
>>377095095
I've done worse RNG shit in the past. It can't be that bad.
>>
I liked IVA but I couldn't stand to play it again
>>
>>377095215
The problem is how much you have to walk to get to some of their spawns, you only know if they did or did not spawn when you get to their spot so you have to reload and walk there over and over again.
>>
>>377091018
Magic's actually going to be hitting weaknesses, smirking more, and energy draining the shit out of things for infinite HP/MP. Physical's just limiting what type of damage types you can do, and ends up almighty spam too.
>>
>>377095516
and gun builds get way more smirks and shit.
>>
>>377082714
I have gotten to the part where they start exploring japan districts and crossing the bridge, etc. 3 different times. Then some other game takes my attention, or I stop taking public transport frequently and let my 3ds collect dust
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.