[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people here have such a hard on for this game? It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1232.png (179KB, 250x348px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1232.png
179KB, 250x348px
Why do people here have such a hard on for this game? It's good but it's easily the weakest 3D Mario game in terms of soundtrack and platforming. Like 90% of the games platforming comes from those secret missions, which are ok I guess, they're like an average level in the Galaxy games.

Like 1/3 of the stars are padded by Blue coins, so there's only like 70 actual stars to collect, unlike Galaxy which at leas gives you the full 120. In terms of control, 64 is still better than sunshine too.

I really don't get it. Is it nostalgia?
>>
100% nostalgia, all the other 3D Mario games are much better
>>
>>377072401

For me it's the style and the setting.

I agree that it's not as good as others, but it is way more memorable and confy.

No memes, just my opinion.
>>
>>377072401
FLUDD was cool but I hated how every level had the same theme. Also fuck those squid riding parts.
>>
>>377072401
Because it was the only Mario that cared about making a world that felt a little bit like people actually lived in it. It had lore, even if it was just a little bit, and it had ties to other games, even if they weren't very deep or well explored.

Mario has been nothing but 'muh purity' ever since New Super Mario Bros Wii, and it's killing any interest I've ever had in the series. The last game that even attempted to have a personality in a Mario game was fucking Strikers Charged. Odyssey could be the change in the winds I've been waiting for since the Wii.
>>
>>377072401

Sunshine was trash. The only reason to claim to like it is hipster appeal.
>>
It's the only mario game I consider to be an 8/10 or better.

For me, consistent visual design and mood/atmosphere is extremely important, and it fucking nailed it.

Also, it controls much nicer then sm64.
>>
Because it was something different. You look at what games introduced what elements into the series, and you'll find that no 3D title expanded the Mario world more than Sunshine did.
>>
>>377074917
How can you say that when Galaxy is just as good, if not better in the atmosphere department? Do you not hear this music?

https://youtu.be/pJXAx_5Qky4
>>
Mario controls ridiculously well. So much fun to just bounce around by pressing B.
>>
>>377075552
Not him, but Galaxy felt more like a jungle gym of spheres strung along by slingshot stars. Delfino had a cohesive identity, it felt like an actual world.
>>
Are we reading the same /v/, OP? 99% of time people just shit on Sunshine here, the few positive comments in this thread are the only ones I can remember seeing in a long time.

But yeah, while I agree that the traditional platforming aspect is a bit lacking and I'd also add that the game could really have used some more levels in it, I love how the game has that really unique, consistent world design in it. I know that most people wouldn't care a bit about world consistency in Mario games, but I always found it cool that they actually tried to create a themed, logical seeming world in a Mario game. It's different from the other games in the series in a good way, can't stand all that "purity" shit >>377074786 mentioned.
>>
>>377074786
>>377075838
The Galaxy games were chockfull of charm and polish so not sure what you're talking about.
>>
File: 1494195297332.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1494195297332.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>377072401
even my little sister who has never played the series knows this game is the best
>>
>>377072401
Most challenging 3-D Mario game to compete.
I know that's not saying much, but when I first played it as a child it was a real struggle to get to the shadow mario shine on every level. More challenging than 64, which I had completed a couple of years earlier.
>>
>>377072401
While the 'Bowser kidnaps the princess' thing still did happen at least for fucking once someone tried to actually trick Mario. The game actually had a twist with the Shadow Mario reveal-- I think this is the only Mario game outside of the RPGs to ever have a plot twist.
>>
>>377074786
>Because it was the only Mario that cared about making a world that felt a little bit like people actually lived in it.
This really

Sunshine really felt like a vacation somewhere in the Mushroom Kingdom World. The places were all inhabitated areas, rather than just castles filled with monsters, deserts filled with monsters, floating platforms filled with monsters, etc
>>
>>377072401
>like
>like
>like
>like

I agree with your opinion, but you type like an idiot.
>>
>>377075552
Eh, I always found all that orchestra music a lot less charming than Sunshine's strange but comfy soundtrack
>>
I love the game, but fuck finding all those blue coins. It's the only 3d mario game I needed a guide for.
>>
>>377075552
Galaxy is horribly overrated. Its levels are linear and forgettable and its soundtrack sounds like generic AAA schlop which doesn't even fit Mario. Not to mention it's pathetically easy. Sunshine wasn't afraid to give players a challenge.
>>
>>377072401

>Why do people here have such a hard on for this game?

Gamecube children
>>
>>377074786
lore and realism is the last thing I want to see in a mario game.

I want the insane nearly random world logic.
>>
>>377079085
Gamecube babbs are insanely vocal.
I dont know why.
>>
>>377079253
You can have both-- Thousand Year Door was able to do both.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.