[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did voice acting ruin this franchise forever? Or will they return

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: fo4dialogue.jpg (82KB, 1265x699px) Image search: [Google]
fo4dialogue.jpg
82KB, 1265x699px
Did voice acting ruin this franchise forever?
Or will they return to silent protagonists?
>>
>>377063363
Hopefully it goes back, I don't want Yes, Sarcasm, No (Yes) and Details again.
>>
I think they'll go back to a silent protag.

Voiced protag and the dialogue wheel were some of the biggest complaints of FO4.
>>
>>377063509
that wasn't because of voice acting that was so console players had an option for every button on their controller.
>>
>>377063363
They'll never go back, normies at that shit up and think it makes the game more premium
>>
>tfw the only way TESVI will interest you is if Bethesda steers completely away from their signature formula and does something entirely and completely fresh in every way
>tfw you know deep down in your gut it will be the same exhausted shit as FO4 and Skyrim, and you'll lose interest in it just as quickly because it will somehow manage to out-shallow FO4.
>>
>>377063601
If you actually believe this you're retarded.
>>
>>377063601
>>377063509
ive seen an interview where i think its todd or even that faggot pete hines, i dont remember which, borderline admitting that the voiced protag and options were a mistake and they just wanted to try something knew. hopefully they learn, but most likely not
>>
But new vegas had voice acting and that's one of /v/'s favorite games
>>
>>377063601
But sometimes there's only 3 options.
>>
>>377063821
They're talking about the protagonist.
>>
File: ItcCFEX[1].jpg (364KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ItcCFEX[1].jpg
364KB, 1920x1080px
>>377063706
How?
>>377063830
Sometimes there's only one
>>
>>377063740
That doesn't mean they won't keep the simplified dialog. They might just remove the VA
>>
>>377063363
Simplistic TB combat killed the Franchise.
Voiced protag was a bad idea.
>>
It both annoys me, yet impresses me how Fallout 4 managed to do so much shit that completely undermines the entire idea behind an RPG, while being crammed to shit with so many concepts of good ideas that were never brought to full fruition.

Every game Bethesda makes becomes more and more of a bastardized mess of an RPG / Action / Adventure game. Fallout 4 has one of the worst identity crisis' of any game ever.
>>
>>377063363
Who cares anymore?

They'll find something even worse to piss everyone off.
And the next game will be even less of an rpg.
>>
>>377063956
That mod really exposes what an absolute fucking sham the dialogue "choices" are.
>>
>>377063956
Dialogue choices in that game were useless. They should have removed them and turned the game into a pure fps spinoff, focusing entirely on the gunplay and scrapping all the remaining rpg elements. Story was utter shit anyway, and at least people wouldn't have been misled.
>>
>>377064921
FO5 will exclusively be a settlement builder
Every once in a while, you'll be sent on quests to gather resources
Then you come back and keep building

It's basically the Sims 3 in a post-post-apocalyptic setting
>>
>>377063363
Voice acting ruined video games forever. Fallout 4 was just the latest instance.
>>
>>377066240
stop it anon
>>
>>377066240
So basically the same thing as FO4?
>>
>>377063363
They came out and admitted that the voiced protag and the forced backstory was a bad idea, they already said they wouldn't be putting a voiced protag in the next game.
>>
>game lets you look like anyone
>lets you choose your race, age, gender, even scars and tattoos
>you can customize your abilities both physical and mental
>choose which areas of expertise and life skills you possess
>make moral decisions to determine how good or evil you are
>but your voice has to sound like this exact man or this exact woman
This is my major peeve with voice acting in games like Fallout: voice is always the least customizable character feature and it imposes heavy restrictions on not only the player's roleplaying, but also the degree of freedom the developers can give to the player.
>>
>>377063363
>Colonel Campbell
>>
>>377066829
>Voice acting ruined video games forever

shut. the. fuck. up.
>>
>>377067454
[citation needed]
>>
>>377063363

Why is his hat so big?
>>
>>377067513
Don't forget a bunch of dialogue references you being in a quest to find your child so no matter what character you make you're still playing as the one Bethesda intended.
>>
They already said voice acting was fucky and they didn't like the end result so I doubt we'll get another fallout (or TES) with voice acting.

Not to say they won't potentially try it again with those two mysterious IPs they're working on.
>>
>>377068117
>fucking xbox heug hat zOMGBBQSauske and other lame internets phrases from 2005
Looks about right for the type and era it's pretending to be.
>>
>>377067715
nou
>>
>>377068374
?? I've only ever played 3, NV and 4 but they all have that? 3 is looking for your dad and in NV you were a courier with a past/history with Ulysses etc so why are you whining about that? What do you want? A legit blank slate of a character lmao. The fact that fallout fans complain about a voiced lead is fucking retarded.. silent ones suck I can understand complaining about lack of choices but every franchise of late is suffering in that degree
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.