[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Serious question here, what is it about minecraft that attracts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 14

File: jh.jpg (14KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
jh.jpg
14KB, 300x168px
Serious question here, what is it about minecraft that attracts so many autistic kids?
>>
>>377058024
Being creative is inherently autistic
>>
>>377058024
It's a game marketed towards 10yo kids. What do you expect? Retard.
>>
>>377058024
No clue
>>
It's a Virtual Lego Simulator, and is advertised as such to small children.
>>
>>377058131
I guess if there isnt any true display of skill. Idk lol art stupid.
>>
WHAT
>>
Because it's fucking video game lego you dumb fuck
>>
It's just a peaceful game. There's nothing really scary no load noises like gunfire or screaming like in FPS. You just have a calm relaxing world which you just build shit. And if you an extremely autistic kids who doesn't like scary situations or a lack of feeling of control.
>>
File: minemantimeline.png (42KB, 552x1823px) Image search: [Google]
minemantimeline.png
42KB, 552x1823px
>>377058264
Small children aren't autistic exclusively

That said at least the game is dying
>>
>>377058541
So what is this graph measuring?
>>
Combines 2 really autistic things - roleplaying and legos - in an online community making everything much more autistic, while marketing towards kids
>>
WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY ABOUT MINECRAFT?!
>>
>>377059163
popularity I think
>>
>>377059163
Google trends, percentage of peak

Basically currently half as many people are searching for minecraft related items as the peak in mid 2013
>>
>>377058024
>>377058264
>>377058205

To write it off and say "it's only because the target audience" is a bit shortsighted. Games like pokemon and actual Lego games are marketed to the same audience, and yet you don't see the same thing occurring (at least to the same degree). I've got 3 nephews and 1 niece, and they all play video games, but only the moderately autistic (non-verbal, lot of self harm tantrums, but not bad as long as you keep him on a regular schedule) one loves minecraft like no other. I've seen all four play it before, but the other three only play for a little while and do things like killing mobs and exploring. The autistic one just fucking builds shit endlessly, for 3 hours a day every day. I honestly think it's just the repetition and the fact that the game is inherently organized. Either way, I don't know why it's so appealing to that crowd, but by god there's gotta be something there.
>>
It's Legos but even easier to do and not nearly as expensive
>>
>>377059436
gameplay-wise, minecraft is a much better at being a lego game than any of the real ones. and pokemon fans are turbo autistic
>>
File: big_1471425480_image.jpg (79KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
big_1471425480_image.jpg
79KB, 1280x720px
WHAT DID YOU SAY ABOUT MINECRAFT?
>>
File: C--pBYdXYAAgZHV-1.png (994KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
C--pBYdXYAAgZHV-1.png
994KB, 900x675px
https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/accesstweaks
Daily reminder this mod exists
>>
>Be minecraft player in glory years

>go to minecon 2011

>This shit happens

>All the minecon cringe comps happen

why did this half to happen when i was at minecon 2011 it was an even balance of good kids and teenager/college kids
>>
>>377059436
>non-verbal
>not wanting to talk to faggots makes you autistic
>>
>>377060126
I'll give you that one m8 but smashing your forehead on the ground until it starts to bleed because you didn't get to watch the same episode of Thomas the Tank Engine for a 5th time in a row might make you a wee bit autistic.
>>
>>377060234
well alright then, fair enough
>>
>>377060234
Have you had the "internet doesn't real" talk with them yet
>>
>>377059436
It allows you to perform tedious tasks over and over in order to stack your virtual blocks.
>>
>>377059436
>>377060473
Nah I got a mild tism and I like it for the engineering aspects. Got really good with redshit and exploiting game mechanics for building various devices. If you sit me down and order me to build a house I won't know what to do, and I absolutely hate the grind of survival.
>>
Apart from what everyone else already said, the unique but simple "artstyle" (or whatever you want to call all the blocks) probably played a big part too.
It's distinct and easy to recognize which is a trait that lots of things popular with autistic kids have in common, Sonic the hedgehog and Thomas the Tank engine for example.
>>
>>377060737
>>377060737
4 walls
1 roof
A door

Alternatively: Dig hole, place door. I like keeping the landscape natural. It can make your base a bitch to find though

And for the love of god, build deep in a desert or tundra biome. The sound of rain is ear-rape
>>
>>377061452
Nigga I know that, I just can't into A E S T H E T I C
>>
>>377058235
>you'll never ever experience BL
>>
Same thing that attracts them to GMOD
Let's Players.
>>
>>377058414
cave spelunking in survival mode was pretty scary back in the alpha days. i dunno if that's still the case, haven't played since then.
>>
>>377061792
Hole in the ground is always good

Especailly if it's near a scenic view so you can make yourself a bay window while keeping the landscape intact

Plant jungle trees and build a tree-fort on top. When you need more rooms, plants more trees and connect them with bridges

Plant trees and torches. Wait for all the trees to grow, hollow out the inside. Lay a layer of dirt on top and repeat until you have the height you want

But if you meant architecturally impressive, well I can't help you there. I more of a dwarf digging for holes. Even move my tree-farms underground
>>
>>377058024
I can tell you're an underaged bitch because you don't understand that minecraft was the first of its level of exploration and crafting. If you were over the age of 18 you'd know that, and understand why it had such a following which brought about the most autistic. Now kill yourself you fucking newfag
>>
Piling blocks is kinda autistic
>>
>>377062517
Lol ok
>>
>it's another /v/ proves they're new by acting like only kids like Minecraft

There was a time when /v/ was all over the game, we had a great community that played too. All that went to shit when hunger came in and more people migrated here from shit hole corners of the internet.
>>
>>377064516
4craft happened after hunger
>>
>>377064516
Never said it was only for autistic kids, just that something about it attracted them.
>>
>>377058024
Minecrap
>>
File: Iambroken.png (1MB, 1279x723px) Image search: [Google]
Iambroken.png
1MB, 1279x723px
>>377064516
what is hunger?
>>
>>377064516
They actually fixed hunger recently. Walking doesn't grind it down at all, jumping and swimming only minimally so. Mostly used for health regen now like in old mineman.
>>
>>377062517
You're right, but there's no need to be a cunt. Even here.
>>
File: dhmis.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
dhmis.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>377058131
Now let's all agree to never be creative again.
>>
How much dedidated wam do I need for sever?
>>
File: stylish.png (330KB, 457x778px) Image search: [Google]
stylish.png
330KB, 457x778px
>>377065439
Let's get stylish
>>
>>377059764
its autistic and so are you for posting this fucking image
>>
>>377059436
Lego is an autism magnet
Minecraft is digital lego
It's not fucking hard to understand
>>
>>377065645
One tenth
>>
File: rally cry of the chans.jpg (48KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
rally cry of the chans.jpg
48KB, 650x650px
>>
File: untitled_441.png (51KB, 853x488px) Image search: [Google]
untitled_441.png
51KB, 853x488px
>>377064516
this
>>
>>377059436
>Games like pokemon and actual Lego games are marketed to the same audience, and yet you don't see the same thing occurring (at least to the same degree)
it's more of a generational gap. due to increased vaccinations and more chemicals in the water, more children are becoming autistic today than ever before.
>>
>>377064516
I don't think anyone actually said that, people are just discussing why it appeals to them so much. Hell, I don't even play it and I remember the early days of it so long ago. Enthusiastic threads on the front page daily.
>>
File: 2017-04-24_11.40.59.png (444KB, 925x530px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-24_11.40.59.png
444KB, 925x530px
Building stuff is still fun. Mods make it funner.
The real answer is, kids online saw it and gravitated to it when it got popular. And the internet is the perfect place for 'certain' people to have a voice, kids included.
>>
>>377066157
>it's more of a generational gap. due to increased vaccinations and more chemicals in the water, more children are becoming autistic today than ever before.
actually it's because women are delaying having children into their 30s and 40s in favor of focusing on their career. studies have shown that this increases the risk of having autistic children a lot. the age of the man doesn't matter quite as much, although if he's 70 or something like that it also goes up.
>>
A reclusive outlet for stimulation and creativity.

It's cheaper legos.
>>
>>377059996
Just use Optifine
>>
>>377066519
This

Old eggs make retarded babies, women don't make any new eggs, men make new sperm constantly
>>
>tfw only playedf it once when it was java
>never played again
>>
I've never played minecraft (except for that one time I played the alpha in the browser). Should I pay the $20 for a copy?
>>
>>377067090
the worlds are less interesting than in alpha
>>
>>377058024
creative expression without the requirement of practice or lessons
>>
>>377062517
>minecraft was the first of its level of exploration and crafting.
HahahaHAHA, no. That would be Infiniminer, which directly inspired Minecraft according to Notch.
>>
>>377058024
Hey buddy, this here is a ROBLOX board. If you don't want to get hurt, I'd suggest you STEP OFF.
>>
>>377067090
Just pirate it.
>>
>>377058024
Personally, I love fucking around on Minecraft servers. It's great if you can get creative.
>go on a server
>dig a tunnel
>dig tunnel to some kid's house right under his chests
>do nothing
>dig tunnels right under everyone else's chests but connect them all
>rob them all blind
>put them in the kid's chest
>retreat through very first tunnel used to get to the kid's house
>wall it up on the way back
>about an hour later the kid's house is in fucking shambles and all his items are gone
>>
Because it was made in this shithole
>>
>>377062517
dorf fort

>>377067538
infiniminer wasn't exploration, it was a pvp game
>>
>>377058024
My hypothesis: the ease in which cringy, screaming Youtubers can shit out hundreds of Minecraft videos that autistic, short-attention span children watch. The endless nature of the game and ample opportunity for organic jumpscares (i.e. enemies catching you by surprise) caters to the type of videos that get popular on Youtube: short and frequent content that kids with ADHD wouldn't get bored with. Five Nights at Freddy's was the same shit, except it had a definitive end. With Minecraft, there's no stopping point. It will continue until the little shits finally get bored, which may take a long-ass time yet.
>>
>>377058024

>kids have zero control over their lives
>give them a tiny bit of agency
>they can't get enough of it

The better question is why aren't we giving our kids responsibility at younger ages instead of locking them away in front of a TV?
>>
File: cytos castle.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cytos castle.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>377058024
>autistic kids
>not knowing what 2b2t is
>>
>>377064516
>/v/ is one person

Even back then there were people shitting on this game myself being one of them. I enjoy my games to actually have a story instead of stacking blocks for no reason other than it soothes my tism.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.