[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shigeru... why? Everyone wanted a new main Star Fox game..

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 9

File: StarFoxZero.jpg (350KB, 1000x500px)
StarFoxZero.jpg
350KB, 1000x500px
Shigeru... why?

Everyone wanted a new main Star Fox game.. and you made it focused on the gamepad and motion controls..

Shigeru......... why?!
>>
>>377054660
I like Krystal
>>
>>377054707

Over rated.
>>
>>377054707
Not the first time Shiggy screwed up with Star Fox
>>
I want assault 2 not a shitty reboot of 64
>>
because why come up with fun ideas when you can jerk off star fox 64 again
>>
>>377054879
>I want Assault 2
Fuck that
>>
>>377054660
>Say that people don't like rail shooters anymore
>Make a terrible rail shooter anyway

Honestly they didn't want to put much effort into it.
>>
Do you think Fox's penis is human-like or canine-like?
>>
>>377054879

Regardless of controls, Zero is still a pretty mediocre game because it's such a blatant rehash. Why is it so hard to keep the core gameplay the same but in a new setting? Instead we got the same setting with new shitty controls and some SF 2 elements.
>>
File: 1493471356711.png (234KB, 337x337px)
1493471356711.png
234KB, 337x337px
>>377054707
Good taste
>>
>needed to shoehorn the gamepad in as a gimmick to try and justify the Wii U (even though Star Fox Zero development started with the Wii and could have just been like Sin & Punishment 2)
>Shiggy was already intending on putting his Project Guard and Project Giant Robot shit into the game, even though the former was a mobile-tier game and the latter got scrapped
>kept saying, "D-don't worry, it'll come out before Zelda!" placing an arbitrary deadline on release
Zero was doomed to fail from the very beginning.
>>
>>377054660
Star Fox's stuck in the same hole with Paper Mario and Metroid, I'm afraid.

The "we're just experimenting and doing everything except for what our audiences actually want" hole, that is.
>>
>>377054660
>Buy it day 1
>dropped it completely in the same day after completing 1 route
>go back to 64 3DS
>ended up replaying it for a week
That final Andross battle was complete cocks
>>
There is little, if not, nothing wrong with SFZ gameplay. What actually is a problem is the complete lack of content.
>>
>>377055336
starfox 64 sold 4 million copies it deserved better than to be banished to experimental sidegame hell
>>
>>377055336
The Paper Mario situation is pure bullshit. They know what the fans want, they as sure can hell do what the fans want but they won't because there can't be two Mario RPG series for some reason.
>>
>>377055110
They didn't want to put much effort into the Star Fox side of things. They put plenty of effort into trying to make a dual screen game, and show that that can work.
It's no coincidence they focused so much on Project Guard and the game came bundled with it, it's no coincidence the only new vehicle didn't really suit a Star Fox game but had unique dual screen mechanics, and it's no coincidence that the Star Fox stuff was all phoned in with reboot story, tons of rehashed content, no more content than previous game from 19 years ago, no multiplayer, etc.
>>
>>377055441

The gamepad controls are cumbersome as hell. You can get good at it, and I did, but it was still never fun even after getting accustomed to them.

They simply made the game worse. Would have been a better game if it had traditional controls and cost $20-30.
>>
>Dude rail shooters lmao
Starfox is so dated it hurts. They need to make the gameplay distinct from 64.
>>
>>377054660
Because Nintendo's obsessed with innovation and pushing the new console's gimmick.
>>
>>377055441
>somersault, U-turn, brake, and boost all mapped to the stick
>>>>>>nothing wrong
>>
They wanted to push the WiiU gamepad, even though anyone with a brain could tell you that the boat had sailed a year ago.

Nintendo is stubborn like that.
>>
>>377055780
I have literally, literally, LITERALLY, not done a single wrong move with it. Please get good and quit being a bitch.
>>
>>377055832
yeah you're the one person on earth who thinks the controls are good so you should probably just accept that you're wrong.
>>
>>377055714
>They need to make the gameplay distinct from 64.
You called?
>>
>>377055714
They really should have just released Star Fox 2 way back when, or at least moved development to the N64 instead of scrapping it all when it was already finished and making a lazy reboot in its place.

>>377056024
Almost literally not a Star Fox game with a Star Fox skin applied.
>>
>>377054660
inb4 cody
>>
>>377056024

I don't think they need to do anything to the gameplay, they just need it to be at least 8-12 hours long and not just rehashes of old levels.

Just give the IP to Platinum completely and let them do what they want.
>>
>>377055780
>jumping on the walker is down on the right analog stick
And not like it was very fun to control in the first place, the control scheme seems tailor made to annoy you for no reason
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (172KB, 1920x1080px)
maxresdefault.jpg
172KB, 1920x1080px
This little pre-boss segment was more fun than the entirety of Star Fox Zero
>>
>>377055138
Which do you prefer?
>>
File: bangs.gif (3MB, 418x490px)
bangs.gif
3MB, 418x490px
Star fox needs
>Jet/vehicle customization
>decent PvP with online.
>No Rehashes/Reboots
>New Villains (No more Andross or Andross like Villains)
>>
How hard is it to just make a rail shooter?

>No on-foot missions
>No gyrocopter shit
>Save all range mode for dogfights only
>Everything else on a rail with varied arcadey stage design

I don't understand why they can't seem to do this
>>
>>377056692
But Zero did all of that except for the gyrocopter bit.
>>
>>377056675
Unless it's Avian, Amphibian or Reptilian then they go with Alternatives.

Also enjoy your ban.
>>
>>377056934
Not him but it had all range mode for bosses too. It should've just been in Star wolf fights.
And it had like 4 on-rails stages, so no, it didn't do that.
>>
File: 1460780981443.png (90KB, 863x432px)
1460780981443.png
90KB, 863x432px
I never really understood why people like Star Fox in the first place. Even 64 wasn't that good.
>>
>>377056509

What game? Is it Platinum? Even in the beginning of Nier they had a few seconds of Star Fox. They seem to really want to make a Star Fox game. Would be amazing if that's what they were making for the Switch seeing as they are confirmed to be supporting it.
>>
>>377057040
Why?
>>
>>377057330
Its a Bayonetta 2 easter egg. Normally during that segment Jeanne flies in on a fighter jet and you stand on top and fight enemies in a sort of rail shooter segment. But if you start the level with her Star Fox outfit, Jeanne flies in on an Arwing and you play that segment with Star Fox controls, with lasers, barrel rolls, bombs, etc
>>
>>377057538
You know why.
I choose Falco.
>>
>>377057540

I haven't play Bayo but I could tell it looked like it. A SF game made by them would be amazing. Fucking Nintendo needs to let them make it.
>>
>>377054660

i never played it but i watched some youtube vids of the game and it seemed fine, maybe even downright good
>>
>>377057045
Fuck that the best 64 bosses were all range
>>
>>377054660
Because Shiggy is more interested in making simple games with terrible gimmicks for all ages instead of making Ace Combat: Star Fox edition.

The series won't have a fighting chance until Miyamoto retires. Even then, it might never get a new game.
>>
Just let Treasure make the next one, they know how railshooters work.

Also, Leon is the best boy.
>>
>>377058062
Platinum worked on star fox zero actually.
They would probably have done a better job if shiggy didnt force them to implement his dumb gimmicks.
>>
>>377058260
But what is his penis like?
>>
>>377058260
Let fucking Sakurai make the next one, if he can revive Kid Icarus he can do anything.
>>
>>377058361
I think they were brought on mostly to help with the framerate. Since the game has to render on both screens it causes a lot of FPS issues, even in the final version, but originally it was so bad it stalled development. I imagine platinum didn't get to have much input on level design or anything like that.
>>
>>377058389
especially because Kid Icarus's shooting segments were better than any recent Star Fox's game. I'd say it's a start. Just brace yourself for epic menus, checkbox unlocks and sliding scale difficulty
>>
>>377058260
>boy
>>
>>377058389

I would be very much ok with this.
>>
>>377054969
Star Fox 64 again except much slower, with less enemies, and somehow they seem to be deluded into believing that All Range mode fights were the high point of the series so they ruined every boss in Zero with it.
>>
>>377058260
>Leon is best boy
Yes Anon, I completely agree.
>>
>>377055363
I didn´t even finish a single route.

I got to the part where you use the landmaster for the first time (I think), got too frustrated because of the controllers, closed the game and deleted it from my SD Card
>>
>>377058389
While I was perfectly fine with Uprising's controls, I think that it would be even better with the Wii Remote and Nunchuk. Powers wouldn't be such a pain to use.
>Move with the Nunchuk's analog stick instead of the 3DS circle pad
>Shoot with the Z button on the Nunchuk instead of the L button on the 3DS
>Aim the reticle with the Wii Remote instead of the 3DS touchscreen
>Use Powers with the Wii Remote Dpad instead of the 3DS Dpad
>Go into first-person mode with the Nunchuk's C button instead of up on the 3DS Dpad
>Use the B button on the Wii Remote to use melee attacks rather than having it be context-sensitive

Maybe one day in the future, we'll see a mod that makes this control style playable
>>
Is Nintendo the most stubburn entertaiment company in the world? I can´t think of anyone that surpass them, maybe WWE.
>>
Really good microcosm of Nintendo's ability to turn anything and everything into the blunder of the century. Take a beloved franchise that fans have been clamoring for and suddenly feel the need to shoehorn in stupid gimmick controls at the end of the console's life when up until then they hadn't even attempted to use their "revolutionary" new control scheme.

Even after feeling so incredibly burned by Wii-U I probably would have rebought one just for this game if it had been even half as good as Starfox 64.
>>
>>377054707
I like fox
>>
>>377057218
I like the original and 2, despite their technical limitations.
64 just feels like a watered down original with a few concepts from 2 and less technical limitations, imo.
>>
File: ToadSuck.jpg (69KB, 432x360px)
ToadSuck.jpg
69KB, 432x360px
>>377057929
>>
Is there a more cucked nintendo franchise than star fox?

>Adventures was due to Miyamoto's hassling with Rare's Dinosaur Planet
>lore is fucked up as a result
>Assault and Command both handed off to third party devs with mediocre reception
>3DS remake quickly forgotten
>rail-shooters are dead
>Denied out of Nintendoland for favor of Metroid
>Denied from Sakurai in favor of Kid Icarus
>Wolf cut from Smash 4
>Denied a musou spin off from Nintendo
>miyamoto further rapes the series with Zero. It sells the worst of the entire franchise and tarnishes the franchises even more
>fanbase split between 64fags and furfags that never agree on anything
>>
>>377061991
Hey we can all at least agree that Miyamoto ruined Star Fox.
>>
>>377062170
>>377061991
Miyamoto ruins everything now.

Old men were a mistak.
>>
>>377061991
>Denied a musou spin off from Nintendo

How would that even work. It makes no logical sense.
>>
>>377061991
Don't forget 2 being finished and canceled, the original and 2 not being possible to rerelease due to rights issues with Argonaut or whatever, and the canceled Virtual Boy game.
>>
>>377062406
There are Gundam musous so maybe...No, nevermind you're completely right.
>>
>>377055624
And that's the only game to do so.
Why do you think they went with a 64 rehash?
>>
>>377057330
>They seem to really want to make a Star Fox game.
They did.
It was called Star Fox Zero.
>>
>>377062474
Oh, and Assault was supposed to have a companion arcade game, probably much like how F-Zero GX had F-Zero AX. Never happened.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.