[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>own an old PC >try playing pic related >FPS dropping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: Prey_box_shot.jpg (762KB, 1527x2178px) Image search: [Google]
Prey_box_shot.jpg
762KB, 1527x2178px
>own an old PC
>try playing pic related
>FPS dropping below 60
>lock the framerate to 30 and plug in the controller for the "console experience"
>it looks like a slideshow and you can barely see shit when moving the camera because of motion blur
>aiming is really clunky and you can't keep up with the enemies that move fast

How can you play like this console bros? Playing a first person shooter at 30FPS is a pretty god awful experience.

P.S.
In the end I've managed to get a somewhat stable 60FPS by setting everything to low and playing at 900p resolution. This is way better than 1080p, high and 30FPS, unfortunately consoles don't have an option for that.
>>
>>377051984
Every since I switched to primary PC gaming in 2010-ish, I have a hard time enjoying console games...even the ones running at 60 FPS as I now play almost everything at 1440p/100-144HZ smoothly on my 1070 .
>>
File: fdfdf.jpg (75KB, 737x758px) Image search: [Google]
fdfdf.jpg
75KB, 737x758px
I just got used to it. I guess you could say I'm adaptable.
>>
>>377051984
Why did you turn motion blur on? It's off by default.
>>
>>377052539
I didn't, I think it's on by default, it's not in the options menu
>>
>>377052539
Pretty sure it's there by default and you have to disable it from the .ini or something.
You just don't really notice it when playing at 100+ fps.
>>
>>377052384
same but the opposite, I used to play nothing but console before I got a job and could build my own nice PC and after I did that I found out that games running at 60+ FPS actually made me motion sick and very uncomfortable and it took a while to adjust

now it's the opposite again and when I go play console games the narrow FOV makes me claustrophobic and the 30 to sub-30 FPS makes my eyes hurt
>>
>>377052384
maybe on TV it looks more acceptable but when you're looking close at a monitor it's really bad. PC gaming is meant to be 60FPS and above.
>>
>>377051984
>old pc
How old is it? I have 6300 and hd7800 and it's running stable 60 except for gardens.
>>
File: fff.jpg (75KB, 737x758px) Image search: [Google]
fff.jpg
75KB, 737x758px
>>377053140
I understand that reasoning.
>>
>>377053257
FX 6300
R7 265

As I said in OP I have to play on low to get 60FPS most of the time but I think it drops to high 40's when in combat in some areas, it depends on how much stuff you see on the screen
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.