[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you feel when you're playing a game and you get to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 354551256[1].jpg (53KB, 640x360px)
354551256[1].jpg
53KB, 640x360px
How do you feel when you're playing a game and you get to a point where you don't know what to do? Either you missed the path to proceed, you can't figure out how to solve a puzzle, the objective is unclear etc. And now you're left to kind of meander about trying to figure out how to move forward.

By extension, how do you feel about games that go out of their way to make sure that you never get too lost (pic related)?

Have you ever simply stopped playing a game because after however many attempts, you simply couldn't figure out what it is you're "supposed to be doing"? Or do you always power through, satisfied in knowing you figured out what the intended path was?
>>
>when I was a kid
Figure it out on my own even if it took all summer.

>as an adult with a family and a job
I consult a FAQ/guide the second I become even mildly stuck.
>>
>>377040867
The only game I remember dropping because I couldn't figure out puzzles was anti-chamber. Even then, I was put off by how the 2nd act was dominated by block puzzles instead of the lateral thinking puzzles with the non-euclidean stuff, I was on my way to putting down the game anyways.
However I really respect it when a game makes the /deliberate/ attempt to avoid giving you solutions or paths to follow.
>>
>>377040867
If I'm really stuck?

Google.

Because it's the year of our lord 2000+17 and Google takes two fucking seconds to click on.
>>
>>377041553
Pretty much. Ain't nobody got time for getting stuck with a job and a giant backlog.

I do miss figuring shit out for myself though, but fuck that, time is too important.
>>
>>377040867
The only time I remember this happening seriously was in Morrowind, with the puzzle box meme. But I was a kid of 10 summers then, but it took me weeks to figure it out as I had just moved on to do other quests.
>>
>>377041553
Precisely this
>>
File: 1475038667612.jpg (127KB, 789x792px) Image search: [Google]
1475038667612.jpg
127KB, 789x792px
Exhaust all options I can think of multiple times, even if it means backtracking back and forth over minor details. When it hits a few hours stuck at some place with no sign of progress, I start suspecting the game and searching bugs related to the area

Had this recently playing Eternal Ring, overestimated the game and thought this corridor of death was an actual puzzle. The guy who drops a clue to go there is really dodgy (only says it after you recover a valuable token from his companion's corpse, seems more interested in that than the fact he died) and there's no way out once you're down the hole. You just walk forward and die, so I thought this was a trap at first. Problem is, you can't progress elsewhere, this is the path to the next half of the game. There isn't a strict instadeath line straight across the corridor either, it's all over the place even extending quite far down if you step in the right places. I was looking for patterns on the floors and ceiling, casting spells on myself to ward environment hazards off, even timing steps to the snoring of the beast sleeping there thinking it was a shite stealth segment. Nothing

Turned out to be an emulation error
>>
>False flagging faggot who shitposts about games he hasn't played and recites low quality bait /v/ rhetoric
>>
>>377040867
a puzzle should be challenging but not to the point where you need to be a codecracker genius to open some vault that contains an item you want to get. if it's a very hard puzzle 98% of people will just look for a walkthrough and it ruins immersion

also. if the puzzle punishes you by not letting you try it again (locking you out of the reward) the same will happen
>>
>>377040867
Only happened one time recently
>Bloodborne
>Path next to vicar amelia is fog walled
>Beat vicar amelia
>Run around for hours trying to figure out what the fuck to do
>Finally decided to be a fag and look it up
>Find out beating Amelia unlocks the path
I felt like a fucking dick
>>
Whenever I am seriously stuck I just turn the game off for a while and come back later, or the next day. Usually the answer is plain simple by then.
If it just isn't and I didn't get it this time either I consult a walkthrough.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.