[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>regular encounters can be just as deadly as boss fights Help.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1487685063715.jpg (1MB, 1000x1155px) Image search: [Google]
1487685063715.jpg
1MB, 1000x1155px
>regular encounters can be just as deadly as boss fights
Help. Fuck my shitty reflexes.
>>
>>377025743
>shitty reflexes.
The game isn't even that hard but if you say you can't react fast enough to it then you're done for.
Do you have Viola, the archer girl? She's the most broken character if you can get her far enough from the action. If you haven't even got her yet then you should probably just stop playing.
>>
Why is this fucking game almost 40+ dollers on Amazon.
>>
DUDE
10 MINUTE DEATH SCENES
>>
>>377025743
Just use the twin lolis, they destroy everything
>>
Bosses could be annoying as fuck. But the point you get Viola, shit gets easier in the regular encounters.

Btw, that fucking soundtrack is amazing

>>377026165

That reminded me that Yakuza 3 death scene... really, just die already, take your speach into the grave
>>
>>377026051
I'm in the first proper dungeon, the fort, and I have her. Apparently it gets easier but I keep getting destroyed because I have no healing items. I can block the attacks with long windups fine but I fuck it up with quick melee attacks.
>>
>>377025743
i am huge ps2s rpgs fan. Is this the game for me? Story? Battle system? visuals looks kind like a tales series which is not a plus for me
>>
>>377027094
The story is super cheesy and not really worth writing home about. Not downright horrible, but not that great. Cutscenes are frustratingly long at points. You get a bunch of mini biographies about periods in Chopin's life.

Battle system is fun. It's a mix of turn based and realtime where you get an allotted time to move and attack freely per turn with a few seconds before your turn starts to think of what to do. Build up combos to do stronger skills, which counts for both offense and healing. You have a party level which unlocks various things as it raises (more item slots, more special attacks, etc) but also decreases the time before your turn starts.
>>
>>377027094
Imagine a bad Tales game, like Legendia.
Now imagine it has STUNNING environments, but even worse writing somehow.

That's what you're in for. It's more Star Ocean 4 than Radiata Stories.
>>
>>377028046>>377029397

What the fuck are you on?
The story is fucking amazing and is 2Deep4U.

Chopin sees the same dream many times in his coma, this time he's a character in this dream. He often breaks the 4th wall and calls it all fake but begins to care through it.
Some things start to change from how the dream normally went and Chopin start to believe that this world is real.
By the end of the dream everything begins to crumble and cannot repeat as Chopin begins to think it's real. They fight and kill Chopin the dreamer of their their world.
Polka is the protagonist of the dream and is based of the real life sister of chopin who died when she was 14. The dream cannot continue past her death which is when the dream repeats, however as Chopin doesn't see Polka as is his sister anymore but as an actual person. She must kill herself and let the cycle repeat as it struggling to do so. However since Chopin is dead and saw Polka as not his sister anymore Polka becomes her own person, and travels to where she was a child and changes her child form to her own person rather than a representation of Chopin's sister. With that dream becomes reality for them and Chopin passes away.

I didn't get this story for ages and still don't the get bit with the snail at the end.
>>
Shit sucks
>>
>>377031225
If you seriously think the idea that Chopin can't move on from his sister's death until he stops projecting an idealized version of her in his fantasies is proof the writing is good rather than a single semi-clever element, you're a moron.

No one's going to argue the thrust behind the narrative is bad: it's novel. The writing is shit because the actual events of the dream are a bore, the characters are flat and uninteresting, the dialogue is horrendously bland yet verbose, conflicts are often arbitrary or far too simple for their own good, and for a game about dreams and music it's all uncreative as fuck. The idea behind the game was nice, but the execution is woefully harassed and tonedeaf.
>>
I heard the PS3 version was much harder than the 360 version. Can anyone confirm?
>>
>>377033506
I played the 360 version years ago and am playing the PS3 version now, and it's much harder than I remember. Looking around I've seen it compared to the 360's hard mode where enemies hit harder and have more health, and you get less exp.
>>
>>377034236
I wanted to play this game (PS3 only) but this makes me mad, They should've included the hard mode as an option. Not every one enjoys grinding.
>>
>>377034894
People complained the 360 version was too easy. I'd still say go for it, though. I don't think it's unfair, it's just challenging. A block is the difference between 200 and 600 damage.
>>
I remember this game being incredibly short for a JRPG. Did it have multiple endings or something? I remember being flat out surprised about how it ends so suddenly.
>>
>>377035587
They ran out of money.

Considering how much detail went into the environments, it's not surprising.
>>
>Play the demo
>Not too impressed about it
>FF some years
>everyone is licking the game's dick
>give the demo another run
>Well shit, this is kinda awesome
>unable to find the thing anywhere outside of "sealed collectable" for $80 or some shit
Port when? PS4, PC wherever
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.