[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>watch webm or youtube of video game >creamy smooth 60fps

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: PA312460.jpg (556KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
PA312460.jpg
556KB, 1600x1200px
>watch webm or youtube of video game
>creamy smooth 60fps
>play the same game myself
>60fps, but it feels nowhere as smooth as the webm/videos I watched

Is there a reasoning behind that?
>>
>>377023319
Vsync.
>>
Having direct input over what you are watching immediately gives you a sense of lag.
You could also be experiencing micro-stuttering
>>
>>377023319
You can read about vsync, but the main thing is that when the frame rate is locked at 60 or above, games look great. A game can play at 30 FPS but a video that is at 60 FPS can give you a better visual about the animations.
>>
>>377023319
>tfw 3ds nor vita can play webm
Shit devices even for 2011/2012.
>>
>>377025185
nah but u know what it plays? games
>>
>>377025185
At least they both have a web browser.
>>
>>377023319
All of these people are wrong.

To make this simple, and not go into detail about buffers and all that bullshit... Video games provide frames in a certain way, video codecs in another. The latter keeps the data on screen until the next frame is ready, creating a smoother looking presentation since there are no gaps between the visuals.

We can go into detail all day about how buffers work, how vsync helps, how frame pacing helps, etc. But the answer is as simple as one is in real time with gaps while the other is with no gaps. In fact this is similar to how CRT vs LCD technology works, and why we have/had blur on LCD based screens but not on CRTs.
>>
>>377023319
its because the size of the webm and the size of the screen when you play, in a small one the next frame is very close to the previous one so it feels smoother, in a big monitor when you play most of the times the next frame is a bit far from the prevous in quick mvements for example in a first person shooter so it feels chopy

make the test and record some gameplay and then rewatch it in a smaller window
>>
>>377025614
Learn to communicate things across without flaunting what I assume you think is impressive knowledge
>>
>>377024327
So should I be turning it off? I can't deal with the screen tearing though.
>>
>>377023319
It's artificial 60FPS, I forget what program does it, but it looks like shit.
>>
Its an illusion when you have something running 60+ fps in a window as opposed to fullscreen. It will always look faster and smoother when in a window because you have the rest of the screen as a relative constant.
>>
>real life appears to have a smoother framerate when viewed through a scope or a mirror
>>
>>377027275
>through a mirror
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.