[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's always Stamina, Endurance... What would make a different

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

It's always Stamina, Endurance...

What would make a different and interesting "Stamina" statistic?
>>
>semen meter
>>
energy
>>
Refractory period
>>
Fitness
>>
>>377011779
Mana.
>>
have different levels of fatigue for each muscle group, and cardiovascular endurance
>>
>>377011881
>not fingerless glove meter
>>
File: the lore.png (353KB, 616x340px)
the lore.png
353KB, 616x340px
>>377011779
dark souls 3 had focus power or something, which controlled magic and weapon abilities. didn't regenerate automatically, and adding charges to your focus resupply pots took charges away from your health resupply pots.
this is separate to stamina, which is for sprinting, rolling, jumping, attacking.
fair idea, not great execution, but it's the same deal as adaptability and endurance from 2, they just rushed it out the door and hoped that the split would fix their problems.
>>
>>377011779
Adrenaline meter (or Blood Temperature if the game is about giant robutts)
You build it by landing attacks, you expend it for your most powerful attacks.
If you land your super attacks perfectly you recover more than you use, otherwise you don't recover it.
The meter can go over 100% but in that case, missing a power attack will bring it back to 100% and not hitting perfectly with them will cost double the amount of stamina.
If you can bring it up to 200% you enter a period in which you move faster, all your attacks are souped up and don't cost any stamina but the meter steadily decreases till it reaches 0%
This allows for a risk/reward system where you can deliberately hold off your most powerful attacks (or use them when you are sure to hit at the perfect moment) to enter super mode at the cost of being drained to 0 adrenaline or play it safe and sticking with a more constant use of attacks.
>>
>Vitality
>Will
>Pressence
>Focus
>Resolve
>>
SANITY
>>
>>377011779
Erection Meter
>>
existence. like a reverse version of paradox in tome4 where it goes up on use until it fucks you over by making shit happen, it goes down until nothing happens because you cease to be

could have it be that you lose certain parts of you and thereby functions as it goes down like losing your arm but once its back up you get them back
>>
>>377012538
>dark souls 3 had focus power
And it was fucking awful and the biggest nerf to magic in the series, your point?
Charges > focus
>>
>>377011779

Is there any game where smoking reduces your max stamina instead of draining your HP like you're bleeding out?
>>
File: 1429292040940.gif (6KB, 200x200px)
1429292040940.gif
6KB, 200x200px
>>377015082
>Charges > focus
Not that guy, but I just want you to know that you're my negro
>>
>>377011779
>What would make a different and interesting "Stamina" statistic?

Make the game turn based so you don't have to worry about that retarded stat.
>>
>>377015719
Some turn based games have a "stamina" system that dictates how many actions you can take per turn, tho
>>
adenosine triphosphate phosphocreatine levels
>>
>>377015982

hmm, I guess you could say X-com's time unit system is stamina

welp
>>
File: 1485193034193.jpg (101KB, 669x574px) Image search: [Google]
1485193034193.jpg
101KB, 669x574px
Goes down permanently over time, when you're attacked or after draining too much of it at once, etc.

Dark Souls 2 health system but with stamina instead, which would be a much more interesting mechanic since stamina is way more important than health.

Honestly probably would have fixed Dark Souls 3 if it had this instead of 30 rolls.
>>
>>377016306
>Goes down permanently over time, when you're attacked or after draining too much of it at once, etc.
Necropolis did this and it's fucking shit
>>
Have 2 bars
One represents your "breath" and is recharged quickly but runs out quickly, and the other is a large overall stamina bar that's depleted over time but faster when your breath bar is frequently used.
>>
>>377011779
Ki
i
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.