[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Piracy >Development, porting and post-launch support

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: pc-gaming-chair-2016.jpg (65KB, 2048x766px) Image search: [Google]
pc-gaming-chair-2016.jpg
65KB, 2048x766px
>Piracy
>Development, porting and post-launch support for an infinite amount of hardware combinations
>Customers never pay full price

Why developers and publishers bother with PC at all?
>>
Yeah what the fuck it's like you don't even get raped right in the wallet who would want to do something like that
>>
because it's significantly simpler as someone without a publisher, AKA indie, to get on steam. Or, that was the case 5-6 years ago. I got my game on psn and xbl in the span of about 2 months of talking, but my shit was done, and bugtested already. Obviously they had their own QA to do but the process was pretty much painless.

meanwhile it took 8 months for my game to get greenlit on steam, then another 3 months for a steam rep to reach out to me so I could put it up on steam. Obviously that's all anecdotal stuff, but as someone who'd never put a game up, I expected the total opposite. greenlight has sort of fucked the flow of indie titles being able to just go up on the PC market.

you can sell through humble bundle sure, but no one actually buys games through there. You can partner with an """"""""""indie publisher"""""""""" (redundant as a motherfucker) but then they want like 30% of your cut from steam on top of the cut steam already takes just to skip the greenlight process? Nah, fuck that. indie is dead as shit, even indies are being published in the most ridiculous twist of fate i've ever seen. Indies are more policed, edited, and ground down than most AAA titles nowadays because the publishers don't want to put some shit flash game under their banner.
>>
How do you connect three screens if the video card only have one hdmi port?
>>
File: 4L_aNULrVId.png (228KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
4L_aNULrVId.png
228KB, 640x480px
>>377003480
Reminder that consoles are the reason we can't all just enjoy great games built ground-up on the most powerful and affordable platform
>>
>>377004815
Optimization is the reason companies prefer developing on consoles over PC in the first place. consoles basically stole PC architecture outright, but since they're all nearly identical builds, there's very little optimization that needs to be done.

Why would you not take the cost cut when it's sitting there in front of you?
>>
>>377004962
>Optimization
Yeah, right. This explains why multiplats run lke ass on consoles, expecially the Playstation ones.
>>
>>377004962
I really don't think developers care since everything is multiplat nowadays.

Why would they ignore PC if it gives them more money?
>>
Stop being so mad, buddy.
>>
>>377004102
You don't?
>>
Will there ever be a new console? Not a new Xbox or PlayStation, but a new brand altogether?
>>
>>377005083
optimization is actually a huge issue. When you release a title and it doesn't have tons of optimization behind it, you get MKX, or bamham whatever the newest one is, that got pulled from steam because it was so shit.

>>377005046
cause the hardware is garbage on consoles. Doesn't change that it's still easier to optimize for consoles than it is for PC, that's just a straight up fact, man.
>>
>>377005281
Oh
Yeah
>>
File: gtx750ti-1b.jpg (215KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gtx750ti-1b.jpg
215KB, 1920x1080px
>>377005546
>Doesn't change that it's still easier to optimize for consoles than it is for PC

I really don't think it matters when this beats the ps4 in most games, I don't think they even bother optimising at all anymore desu
>>
File: 1484972381140.png (338KB, 398x410px) Image search: [Google]
1484972381140.png
338KB, 398x410px
>ditching the market where people pay full price for inferior hardware
you'd have to be fucking idiot to go all in with PC. Just keep sucking those consoleplebs dry they like getting fucked over
>>
>>377005645
They do. They absolutely do, because when you don't optimize a PC game, you get wildstar. You get, again, that bamham game, no man's sky, and more.

the strength and detriment to PC gaming is that it's so flexible. IF you don't mind taking a hit to FPS and res and graphics, you can play on a pretty toaster tier piece of shit, but only if the optimization allows for it. More and more companies just outright ignore older cards to a point they're all but nonfunctional, and they use laziness as an excuse, or get snuggly with nvidia/ati with shit like the infinite tessellation ocean in crysis 2, obliterating older cards functionally.
>>
>>377005645
Unoptimized PC games still run at over 40 fps on PC, while concole games runs sub 25 fps.
Most PC games are optimized though or at least get fixed in the first days or few weeks
>>
>>377005645
Raw power doesn't matter
the ps4 is like 5 years old and it can run uncharted 4, which is the one of the best looking games ever made

It's about architecture and the console software/hardware being made JUST for games

I don't know why master race always brings up this retarded argument of

>a 10 year old pc is stronger than a PS4
But of course that PC couldn't run any of the games on the PS4, but that doesn't matter somehow

Ridiculous
>>
File: 1494050730923.jpg (36KB, 461x445px) Image search: [Google]
1494050730923.jpg
36KB, 461x445px
>>377006259
>one of the best looking games ever made
>>
>>377006259
>he doesnt know about fidelity and lod
Uncharted and horizon both have mediocre graphics if you look more than 20 feet away from the character.

BUT
They still look miles ahead of any other ps4 stuff because Naughty Dog really does know their shit.
>>
>>377003480
Used games
S
E
D

G
A
M
E
S
>>
>>377003480
Because porting a game to PC doesn't cost much.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.