[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>you wasted your prime years playing casual single-player

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

File: 1447032919689[1].jpg (32KB, 545x362px) Image search: [Google]
1447032919689[1].jpg
32KB, 545x362px
>you wasted your prime years playing casual single-player games instead of becoming insanely skilled in a super competitive game like quake, starcraft, or fighting games
>you're too old and don't have the natural twitch reactions to compete any more

I am so fucking pissed. I want to kill myself. All that time spent playing shitty MMOs and JRPGs with nothing to show for it as it's glorified mouth breathing.
>>
I know how you feel mate. I have over 2200 hours on TF2 but I'm still shit. Can barely get down the timing for rocket reflects.

I spent all my childhood playing RuneScape and Pokémon.
>>
File: a8e[1].gif (2MB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
a8e[1].gif
2MB, 240x180px
>>377001934
>I spent all my childhood playing RuneScape and Pokémon.
it was such a fucking waste playing these shitty casual games

I legitimately want to die man

please kill me
>>
>you wasted your prime years playing shitty competitive games instead of playing hundreds of single player games
>you're too old and won't have the wasted time back to play all those wonderful games
>>
File: 1479366337362.jpg (74KB, 1023x986px) Image search: [Google]
1479366337362.jpg
74KB, 1023x986px
>you weren't even a world first raider or extremely skilled PvPer in those MMOs
JUST
>>
>spent childhood playing UT and Quake
>still good at arena shooters
>started playing dota in my early 20's
>really good at it now

you guys can do it
>>
>>377002092
nobody thinks this

>>377002259
that's what hurts the most, even though the games were shit, most of my time was spent doing tedium-
>>
>>377001658
you're weak
you're a failure
you're a gigantic faggot
go ahead and kill yourself
>>
>>377001658
>super competitive
>fighting games

African Americans actually believe this
>>
>>377001658
>spend my prime years playing the best games of the world
>now I'm mature enough to realize that every year is a prime year for me and I enjoy every single aspect of life more than ever
grow up
>>
>>377001658
If you thought you were going to become some esports millionaire, you're fucking delusional.

You would've just wasted your time playing multiplayer games instead of single player.
>>
bunch of delusional faggots. none of you had the natural talent anyway
>>
>What are video games created for?
If you stop baiting for a minute and actually think about games in general.
They're made to blow time. It doesn't matter what game you play, as long as you're enjoying yourself.
Whats the point of playing a game you don't enjoy playing?

>t, CSS fag and idort
>>
>>377001658
>still posting dead memes
>>
>>377001658
Why do you even want to be super-skilled at competitive games? They have no artistic value that you can take away from them that you couldn't get at a lower level of play or through the single-player experience, and they in no way compare to the experiences gained from single-player titles.
And even if you had gotten super good at them, your reaction timing would still be slipping with age and you'd still be unable to play them at the highest level, just as you are now.
>>
>>377002882
nothin personnel kid

>>377002958
no, not an esports millionaire, just skilled at a skill intense no frills game, and being able to do very well in them

>>377003013
but I didn't enjoy my time in the singleplayer and MMO trash, I didn't know about the more hardcore games until later
>>
>>377002842
>nobody thinks this
I do. I extremely regret wasting so many years on WoW when I could have played so many single-player game and gotten so much value out of each title, but instead I wasted countless hours on something that had no long-lasting value on me.
>>
>>377002259

PvP in WoW was the most fun I ever had, I wasn't even good but it was everything I wanted a game to be.
>>
>>377003179
>but I didn't enjoy my time in the singleplayer and MMO trash
Then it's all on you for doing something you don't even like for so long, what's wrong with you?
And what makes you so convinced that a competitive shooter or something similar would be so much more enjoyable to you to the point that it would suddenly feel like it's not wasted time?
>>
>>377001658
I spent ages 18-25 playing thousands of hours of CS. And that got me... nothing.

Could've developed fluency in a language or learned a martial art.
>>
>>377003197
WoW isn't a good competitive game

it's the kind of cookie clicking mmo trash I was talking about in my OP post

I'm talking about shit like starcraft and streetfighter
>>
>>377003330
I didn't mean to imply WoW was a competitive game. But it's a multiplayer game with no long-lasting value, and ultimately a time-sink that robs you of countless defining gaming experiences you could have played instead.
What is it about competitive games that you think will be so much more valuable for your time than single-player games that actually have a narrative and artistic value on many levels?
>>
>>377003562
>>377003289
>what makes you so convinced

because I found these games recently and they clicked on a very visceral level whereas cookie clicking bullshit in drudgery games was just something I did without knowing much better

>What is it about competitive games that you think will be so much more valuable for your time than single-player games that actually have a narrative and artistic value on many levels?
Ah a 'games as art' fag? As a narrative medium videogames are trash. They are inferior to books and film for that purpose. In fact I'd say completely superfluous. Go read a book if you want a fucking story. I view videogames as a source of pointless self edification to solve increasingly challenging reflex based puzzles and challenges against other people. Not to le inspire me with le art.
>>
>>377001934
>rocket reflects

LMAO PYRO MAINS
>>
>tfw there's pro ev soccer tournies now with about 200k prize money

Wtf
>>
>>377001658

You can increase your apm if you get more physically active. Hit some weights, do some running, play some sports, your reactions will naturally improve.

If you want to be good enough to be a twatch streamer, get down and do 5 pushups every time you lose a match, do 10 pushups every time you win. Do it now.
>>
>>377003704
It's impressive how much less of a faggot you'd be if you had managed to type that last bit without shoving memes into every sentence, but whatever floats your boat.
>>
>>377003904
I'm already /fit/.

I don't want to be a streamer fag. The games which catch my interest are all pretty obscure by the standards of le ecelebs.
>>
>>377004003
obnoxious memes go as an epilogue after you've made your point
>>
>>377004274
Good advice, use it.
>>
>>377004362
I did?
>>
>>377001658
And why the hell would you want to be good at videogames when you could have taken that time to be good at sports?
>>
>>377003704
>I like themes,art direction, story, character development, OSTs in video games
>Haha artfag. I view medium as X and not X

Video games must be a very boring hobby to you if you only value reflexes and competition.
>>
>>377001658
>wasted three years playing street fighter
>SF5 comes out and it's fucking ass

yeah that wasn't a waste at all DIPSHIT
>>
>playing games competitively
jej
>>
>>377005201
story in a videogame is almost completely worthless

>>377005251
could have at least had some AE/Ultra memories and taken my skills into becoming a fightcade or guiltygear warrior
>>
File: blackeddotcom.webm (2MB, 624x396px) Image search: [Google]
blackeddotcom.webm
2MB, 624x396px
>tfw one of the top 100 competitive gears of war players in the world during the 360 era
>tfw part of two world first raiding guilds in wow, literally making history
>tfw haven't played any vidya in 2 years
>>
>>377004057
Which games
>>
File: sadcirno.jpg (45KB, 363x364px) Image search: [Google]
sadcirno.jpg
45KB, 363x364px
>you wasted your prime years playing games
>>
>>377005365
>Story in vidya is worthless.
I disagree, sounds like you're actively comparing it using the same method to "objectively" critique books. Interactivity and roleplaying is the hugest aspect here, something books and film don't have. Also most films are shit.

I agree that gameplay and mechanics are essentially the most important things. Though to dismiss that a good story and "artshit" on top of that doesn't make the medium better, seems a bit dumb to me.
>>
>>377005365
>story in a videogame is almost completely worthless
Again: If you care about videogames as an athletic endeavor, why the hell are you wasting your time on videogames and not playing sports?

Storytelling taps into our innate desire to give the world purpose when we've become aware of our own sentience. Same reason we invented gods. Good narrative establishes my motivation and purpose inside a digital world.
>>
>>377005474
Its pretty easy to break the top 100 in a game where its just roll and spam the shotgun and ink grenades famalam
>>
>>377001658
>wanting to be a competitive fag
You deserve to suffer.

Just git gud. It might take more effort now, but if you can't do it then you never would have made it anyway desu.
>>
>>377005730
They really weren't worth it, that satisfaction is just an illusion and momentary gratification.
>>
>>377002038
but those are both good games anon, what's the problem? time spent having fun is not time wasted
>>
>you wasted your prime years playing ASSFAGGOTS or other autistic shit like BUILD MOAR PYLONScraft or HadokenSpammer surrounded by autistic metagaming manchildren, all so you could win the "big prize" of all-you-can-eat tacos
>you could've been working at a real job in the Propane industry, moving up the ranks and now making that much "prize money" every paycheck which you use to support your home, your plain wife and your son who just ain't right
>>
>>377005886
You know that this is retarded, right?
>>
>>377006292
nobody said anything about assfaggots hank
>>
File: tumblr_njn0bcNCTQ1rn9495o1_500.png (506KB, 500x590px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_njn0bcNCTQ1rn9495o1_500.png
506KB, 500x590px
>>377001658
>you used to waste your time with multiplayer shit
>you gave up on them mostly and now get to enjoy beautifully crafted, complete experiences that are not held hostage to whoever gets to host servers
Never looked back.
>>
>>377002842
I think it. I missed out on things like Final Fantasy and Half life and Shin Megami Tensei and Vampire the Masquerade. And theyre all relstively long compared to how much free time I have.
>>
>>377008118
so you became a pixelshit playing pleb that posts pics from tumblr?

let me guess, you're an undertale fan
>>
>>377008824
>Half life

funny you say that because 90% of half life was the multiplayer deathmatch mode

you can blow through the game in a very short amount of time, especially if you know how to bhop
>>
>>377001658
I didn't know losers of your caliber existed.
Please get help
>>
>>377008860
Nah. I'm sick and tired of that pixely aesthetic for a bit. And unlike multiplayer games, there are more than, say, 4 relevant genres to choose from. With actual storytelling. And world building. Which you can still play in 20 years. I mean, multiplayer games are alright in principle, to each their own, but they actively harmed the industry (where did oh so many disgusting business models originate?), gave rise to cancerous communities and are often inferior in both technical and narrative terms to single player games
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.