[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

be honest with me /v/ when the FUCK is the full release? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: originalfilename.jpg (1MB, 2941x4096px) Image search: [Google]
originalfilename.jpg
1MB, 2941x4096px
be honest with me /v/
when the FUCK is the full release?

I'm playing the first with my gf and it's easily one of the best RPGs I've ever played. I've been running Epic Encounters from the beginning and despite making the game fucking grueling I love the changes and don't think I could ever play the original version. I doubt we're even 1/4 of the way through the game since despite having played probably 70 hours.
>>
This game switched from "sort of on my radar" to "Must Buy" after finding out they're basically making this Neverwinter Nights++ with the GM mode stuff.

Why the fuck is a non-D&D game making a better D&D computer game than the actual ones?

Know this has nothing to do with what you were saying...
>>
File: 1404770259079.png (3MB, 1920x2500px) Image search: [Google]
1404770259079.png
3MB, 1920x2500px
I heard it was slated for September 15th or so. I could be wrong, but I'm excited for it as well, the person I played the first one through twice with wants us to wait until the full game is released so we don't burn ourselves out on the first area.
>>
>>376994734
Modern D&D has a bunch of licensing shit going on that makes it difficult to make a proper d&d game, or so I heard. Easier just to grab what is fair use and make a new universe instead of staying with Forgotten Realms and fighting Wizards every step of the way
>>
>>376994912
Oddly enough, WotC is giving them permission to use the D&D module from their starter set as a sample module for DOS2. Lost Mines of Phandelver (set in Forgotten Realms).
>>
How do I know I won't get a buggy piece of shit?

The first game had a lot of excellent design, but it's a mediocre game in my eyes purely because there were so many bugs. I played this about a year or more after release and entire quest lines were broken, characters wouldn't join your party right, stats were randomly lost on a character at any moment (reloading didn't even fix it consistently), action point visual calculations were misleading. Then they released the enhanced edition which fixes all these, when I was halfway through the original.

Larian is a great bunch of developers, but they're a terrible business I don't want to support.
>>
>>376995116
That sounds very un-Wizards like. Wonder if it means they have mellowed out a bit.
>>
>>376995256
This is just anecdotal, but the only major bugs I ran into when playing were online when my ability scores would all reset to 5 (+whatever I was getting from bonuses). Reloading would fix that, but I don't recall quest lines being broken, NPCs not being able to join you, etc.
>>
>>376994853
Ayy OP back, this is what I plan to do. Luckily we haven't finished the first game yet so I don't have to worry too much. But stretching it out until September...jeez that'll be impossible I'd imagine.
>>
>no friends
Going to have to play alone.
>>
>>376995336
Don't think the problem was Wizards, the problem was Hasbro as I understand it.

They probably have more free reign these days due to them trying to (a MUCH lesser extent) look to how the Marvel brand has expanded itself into a juggernaut, and Hasbro letting WotC try to put out the brand more in non-traditional ways. Don't recall where I was reading that few years back, but there were a few articles on them shifting focus.

Wish it translated to an actually competent company making a 5e computer game.
>>
>>376995529
Yeah, there'll be a decent break between you finishing the game and the 2nd one releasing to be sure. You can always play again, and if you have EE you can play tactician mode which makes the game a little more challenging. The first time we played through I was a mace and board fighter, and my partner was a rogue. Second time through on tactician mode I was a witch and my partner was a fire/earth mage. The new playstyles kept the game fresh, especially since we knew better how to play the second time through.
>>
>>376995358
It varies a bit I think.

I've talked to people who encountered nothing major, and others who had it even worse than me. There's not much more frustrating than having a great game ruined by issues like that.
>>
>>376994734
I can't wait until someone makes something similar to ADWR with the editor, it looks pretty easy to use, I hope it catches interests.
>>
first one was good, had a lot of pacing issues though and getting towards the end was a painful slog

didn't like Hiberheim at all, Mangoth fucking destroyed me so I had to cheese him out, NPC's repeating their lines was infuriating (console edition, thank fuxk there's no VA this time), and having to manually heal after battles took way too long because you had to wait on cooldowns, and not being able to arc attacks over terrain sucked (fixed in 2)

either way I'm sure the next one will be better
>>
>>376994376
I hope once they are ready and its not rushed

Also. So fucking hyped for GM mode.

God damn its going to be so fucking fun to play that online.
>>
You can turn people in chickens and turn yourself into a tentacle monster with bull horns and fly
>>
>>376995608
Pity no one ever will make a decent 4e game. It was a shitty p&p game but it would make a good srpg style game.
>>
>>376994734
>Neverwinter Nights++ with the GM mode stuff
Almost.
All we need is persistent worlds with support for 64 players and we're good to go. I'm excited for it. Even without pws, GM mode might as well replace that virtual table we were promised for D&D and never got.
>>
>>376998395
>grid-based tactics 4e game never ever
fucking shit it could have been fun.
Instead we got that clumsy daggerdale game and the neverwinter mmo, and both are nothing like the ruleset.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.