[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are E-Sports real sports? What's your opinion on e-sports?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

Are E-Sports real sports? What's your opinion on e-sports? Should we pay these fat fucks to play video games? (Same for youtubers)
>>
If there are people willing to watch that shit, let them.
>>
They're realer than real sports... they're hyper real... e-sports are in every conceivable way more high IQ than real sports............... also n*****s dominate in real sports but not in e-sports............................
>>
>stop liking what I don't like
>>
>>376991876
But doesn't it breed obesity and degeneracy?
>>
They're competitions, not sports.
>>
>>376991993
Compare them to chess tournaments. Why there is no chess tournament during Olympic Games?
>>
File: 1486174264699.jpg (44KB, 477x523px) Image search: [Google]
1486174264699.jpg
44KB, 477x523px
>>376991968
Where do you think you are
>>
File: darts1.jpg (30KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
darts1.jpg
30KB, 500x373px
>>376991968
You're acting like there aren't real sports where the competitors are in ever worse shape than e-sports shit.
>>
>>376992091
because chess is not an olympic sport? there are lots of sports that aren't at the olympics.
>>
File: 1451267849509.jpg (35KB, 534x640px) Image search: [Google]
1451267849509.jpg
35KB, 534x640px
>>376992091
>>376992235
>tfw tug of war used to be an Olympic sport but isn't anymore.
>>
The thing with e-spoerts is that they're completely dependant on a single company that also holds all rights to them, they just can't be treated as other sports because of that.
>>
>>376992335
So was sculpture and poetry.
>>
No. esports is pure marketing for a video game an not much else. Shit like Brood War in Korea was real since Blizzard didn't even give a shit about its existence for a long time.

Just imagine ad people jerking off in an office about a new form of advertising that people like to watch.
>>
>>376992451
What's the point of buying games when there is full footage of the game online which you can watch with adblock on?
>>
>>376991825
Say that to our faces, faggot.
>>
>>376993184
???
We have fidget spinners tournamets now?
>>
>>376992764
Many of these games are f2p so I'm not sure what your point is. Even if you don't play it you'll eventually talk to someone about it and thus it becomes successful marketing.
>>
>>376991825
>Are E-Sports real sports?
No, but they are a legitimate skill-based competitive scene. It's not a sport until you have to be in shape to do it.
> What's your opinion on e-sports?
If people enjoy watching that shit, hey, why not? Each to their own.
> Should we pay these fat fucks to play video games?
We? No. Their sponsors, and the hosts of the competition? Yes.
> (Same for youtubers)
Now that's a wholly different question.
>>
>>376993612
Why the hell would I buy the game someone else likes? Different people like different things. I will watch the game on youtube, form my own opinion and never buy it. What's the point? I already know the ending and have an opinion on the game. I'm not giving money to companies using DRM and lying to people to sell them pre-order shit.
>>
>>376993804

damn this guy is like the coolest person on earth 8')
>>
>>376993984
I sure am. Never paid more than 3 dollars for a game and it was always a physical copy. Buying games on release is retarded. The Devs release buggy messes nowadays and use early adopters to bug test their shitty games for free.
>>
>>376993804
>i have no opinion whatsoever

Fixed that for you.
>>
>>376994287
I don't need to pay greedy fucks to have an opinion, you know?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.