[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /v/ think of the Saints Row series? I have been thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

File: sticker,375x360-bg,ffffff.jpg (20KB, 375x360px) Image search: [Google]
sticker,375x360-bg,ffffff.jpg
20KB, 375x360px
What does /v/ think of the Saints Row series? I have been thinking about giving them a go now that I've beaten every GTA game in existence.
>>
>>376990560
It's silly fun. I enjoy them, and hope the rumours are true that the next main installment is a reboot, because the first 2 games feel like poor PS2 ports. But 3 onwards are nice to play.
>>
i persoanlly like it more than gta cuz its funny
>>
Fuck helicopter piloting in 2, it's like you're fighting the damn thing to make it go anywhere. Too much like actually flying one.
>>
File: 1457555908645.jpg (71KB, 500x410px) Image search: [Google]
1457555908645.jpg
71KB, 500x410px
Saint's Row 1 is a pretty bad GTA clone.
Saint's Row 2 is God-tier if you get the Gentlemen of the Row mod
Saint's Row 3 is a bastardization of the series, but isn't really a terrible game
Saint's Row 4 is a great step after the story of Saint's Row 3
Gat Out of Hell is incredibly lackluster
>>
2>1>4>3>>>>>>>>>>Gat
>>
>>376990560

Play LEGO City: Undercover. It's a much better GTA-clone than Saints Row.
>>
That super hero stuff needs to be in a seperate game.

Felt like they were trying to do too much at once honestly.
>>
1 was good, 2 was GOAT, everything after that was shit.
>>
Saints Row 2 has better gang control than dan Andreas, especially with gentlemen of the row mods where you can never fully take the map so there's always gang attacks
>>
File: 1437709980833.png (67KB, 308x300px) Image search: [Google]
1437709980833.png
67KB, 308x300px
>>376991168
>>
I can only speak for the 3rd one but its pretty funny game if you dont take it seriously, not as good as GTA5 or whatever but its fun and really cheap nowadays
>>
>>376991168
My nigga. I actually had more fun playing it than GTA V.
>>
3/4 are better than 1/2. 1/2 has better story and gameplay but 3/4 actually fucking work
>>
>>376991074
The only good part in Gat out of Hell was the musical cutscene. If the entire game had suddenly turned into a musical, I'd be all for it.
>>
>>376991516
That would have been amazing. Instead we got a bunch of minigames with a Hell theme. Laaaaaame.
>>
>>376991647
>Get wings
>STILL can't actually fly

That game can suck my dick.
>>
>>376990934
But 2 was the best anon, story has a mix of silly and out right serious monents
The map is diverse with lots of different locations making the world seem bigger than it is.
>>
I've only played 1 and 2 and they are really fun games if you dont take it too seriously
>>
2 is honestly pretty overrated on this board. The driving is really shitty and the gunplay is pretty lukewarm overall. I would say give it a shot if you have a console to play it on, because the PC port is unfinished garbage, even with Gentlemen of the Row (30fps lock and horridly compressed mono audio)

Saints Row 1 isn't worth it at all.
>>
Am I the only one who thinks SR3 was better than 4?
The superpowers rendered traffic and vehicles pointless and made the city into an even more irrelevant backdrop than it was in 3. Plus I hated the story and characters. And most of the side activities sucked.
>timed 3rd person platforming in an engine not suited for it
>3rd person platforming at all
>>
>>376990560
>SR 1
Didn't play
>SR 2
Great fun, amazing game.
>SR 3
Pretty good, lots more customisation and very fun
>SR 4
Trash.
The story was autistic, the superpowers were a mistake and there's no point of owning any vehicles because of your ability to fly there anyway.
It's so shit that I gave up on any future saints row game.
>>
>>376992462
This. I've played the first 3, and 2 stands way out above the others. The first one is relevant for references, but not necessary. Don't take itself too seriously, it is just a big fun, and extremely difficult (fuck the paparazzi), enjoyed it more than GTA V.

The PC port was total shit though.
>>
>>376994412
The Gentleman of the Row mod fixes most of the pc port issues and adds a bunch of new content, but SR2 was the pinnacle of SR
>>
>>376992780
The thing I loved about SR 3 was vehicles... Customising my cars and getting new helicopters was so much fun.

Saints Row 4 removed the need to own vehicles at all and made driving them a chore as you have fucking superpowers.
>>
>>376994489
It didn't fix shit. The port is bonkers from the core.
>>
>>376990560
It's pretty good. Shame there were only two games.
>>
>>376992780
3 was way better for the , but I love both games considering I paid less than $7.50 for both 3 and 4 with all the DLC. Both are fine sandboxes
>>
i enjoyed the entire series and i'm slightly hyped for agents of mayhem, but no character customization or clothes really bums me out.
>>
4 felt rushed, it's just the same as SR3 with super powers, they reused the map and almost everything from SR3, removed a whole bunch of good features like cribs and building interiors.
>>
>>376992618
>30fps lock

that is only true for the gog version which can be uncapped anon. also audio is fixable. pcgw exists for reason.
>>
>>376994814
4 is literally dlc stretched into a full game because deep silver are turbo jews. they did the same thing with gat out of hell.
>>
I've never played a SR - 4 and Gat are on sale for nothing... should I?
>>
>>376994263
I think the superpowers made me like saints row in the first place. To me SR had always a taste of a GTA clone and imo, GTA's and its Clones gameplay are tedious. One of the reasons is needing to drive 10-15 minutes to your objective which adds nothing to the gameplay. Especially since the driving physics in this Kind of games always sucks donkeyballs. With superpowers i can be everywhere within 2 minutes while flying between skyscrapers. SR4 was the first SR i liked.
>>
2>4>1>3
>>
File: 1476893717788.jpg (37KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
1476893717788.jpg
37KB, 800x400px
threadly reminder this is who ported saints row 2.
>>
File: itwasfree.jpg (490KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
itwasfree.jpg
490KB, 1920x1080px
>>376990560

4 > 2 > 3 > 1

Personally I love Saints Row a lot more than GTA since it's more customization based. I wish it was a a bit more of an RPG in certain places though and had a more open modding base. If you could rig these things up like an Elder Scrolls game,you'd never get bored.
>>
2 is the best one by far, because it actually has a story worth getting somewhat invested in, and isn't as "out there" as the others.

3 doesn't know what it wants to be, trying to have emotional impact while undermining it the whole time.

4 is just pop culture references and lol whacky shit, but gameplay-wise an improvement.
>>
>>376990560
I like 2 and 3

Especially 2 with GOTR mod which is basically manditory on pc.
>>
>>376994994
1 was the best multiplayer
2 was best singleplayer

3 and 4 are what happens when you let reddit take over and think good quality is equivalent of how many memes you can fit on screen
>>
>>376995182
Wrong

Only 3 is when you let reddit take over

4 is when you let some ironic writer from Marvel or DC take over
>>
SR1: Didn't play.
SR2: Best story, best for just exploring the city.
SR3: Wouldn't be as hated if it was a standalone game. As a SR game though they cut too many things for people to love it. At least they introduced best girl.
SR4: SR3 done right. The superpowers made exploring the city fun again. Story was a bit shit.
Gat: Ugh.

I hope the series doesn't die off with Agents of Mayhem. It's not the best series ever, but it's still fun to play.
>>
>>376994742
>slightly hyped for agents of mayhem

I'm still confused for AoM. Who thought that gameplay was a good idea? I don't think 3rd person FPS with switch heroes are popular even with casuals.
>>
>>376997269
>3rd person FPS
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.