[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did anyone else find this game's ending...anticlimatic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 12

File: header.jpg (96KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
96KB, 460x215px
Did anyone else find this game's ending...anticlimatic?

I feel like I got the bad ending or something because everything just ends on a strange dull note.

So what happens to the guys in the mine?
Do they just die? What about the cosmic entity?

Did I get a bad ending?
>>
File: its not her.jpg (201KB, 952x1063px) Image search: [Google]
its not her.jpg
201KB, 952x1063px
That's the real ending. Nothing special happens just everyone wigging out and act like nothing happen.
>>
Guys in the mine probably died since their elevator broke and no one knows where they are.

The cosmic being is probably just going to be there and the small town will probably die in the future.

It's just life, nothing's permanent, those old guys wanted things to stay the same. Difference between them and real life situations of dying small towns is that these guys found a trapped cosmic being that wanted sacrifices in return for blessings.
>>
File: sancklord.jpg (48KB, 620x635px) Image search: [Google]
sancklord.jpg
48KB, 620x635px
Who gives a shit about that.

The game's all about forming a friendship with crocodile.
>>
>All are the same poster
>>
>>376988059
Why do you expect fulfillment from flavor of the month nu-male developed cinematic experiences
>>
File: handicap match.jpg (220KB, 952x775px) Image search: [Google]
handicap match.jpg
220KB, 952x775px
>>376989150
Nope
>>
File: 1488760572678.png (36KB, 394x398px) Image search: [Google]
1488760572678.png
36KB, 394x398px
>>376989403
>do I fit in yet
>>
>>376988189

Is this NTR? I need to know, mom-son NTR is rare.
>>
>>376989936
You never will, jewish cuckold.
>>
>>376988059
This "game" was one big surprise to me i loved how it depicted a dying town with shops getting wrecked by big corporations never thought i would see something as real as this depicted this accurately in a video game ... with cat characters. This is a good way of doing adventure games.
>>
File: 17269.png (86KB, 299x288px) Image search: [Google]
17269.png
86KB, 299x288px
>>376992047
Just stop.
No one cares about your little game anf it will never be circle jerked anywhere specially here where people don't play games.

Go back, cuckold.
>>
It's just overly pretentious, thats all. Also rushed as hell and clearly unfinished.
>>
File: shit eating anime.png (1MB, 1520x1080px) Image search: [Google]
shit eating anime.png
1MB, 1520x1080px
>>376988059
>game
>implying

VNs belong on >>>/jp/
>>
>>376988059

i miss when shitty 20 something college dropouts whined in text or song and not in vidya. life is not that hard. there is no wisdom in melancholy. if you're not sick you're fine. boohoo about your small town coming of age indie hipster garbage.
>>
>>376992047

jesus christ, I have never bought into bacterial marketing on /v/ until just now

please lurk 2 years before posting. you can put it on your resume.
>>
File: merchant-chan.gif (3MB, 444x711px) Image search: [Google]
merchant-chan.gif
3MB, 444x711px
>>376992047
>>
File: 1492833795890.jpg (105KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1492833795890.jpg
105KB, 1200x675px
Pic related
>>
Anticlimactic is an understatement. It almost ruined the whole experience for me
>figured discovering the cult would set up a whole third act full of paranoia on who to trust now that you know there's a whole group of townsfolk trying to appease an ancient being
>lol nah they all got trapped probably and who cares about some ancient being let's just play in our band because life is hard and our lives suck
>>
im glad i pirate it because is not worth the 20 bucks also having to pay that much for a "fuck capitalism" message would made me feel like a dunce.

Music is good, "gameplay" is slow and story is stale, it was going somewhere but it had to be about something irrelevant. I'll be down with a cursed town you had to save so it doesn't die rather than lol conservatives don't like immigrants route.

I will play it again just to play the routes instead of switching them like I did. Also Matt should stop trying to sing the lyrics, he has no voice for singing, holy shit, just stop yo're not even following the rhythm
>>
>>376988059
>bad ending
No, the devs just had to end it somewhere because they ran out of time, money and patience.

Also the cave guys are likely dead, and the entity is either eternally-existent (and now going to punish the town) or was simply an imagination caused by mine gases as noted in the snippets.
>>
>>376993057
But I'm a 20 something waste therefore it is good cause it portrayed a setting that I happen to be aware of.
>>
>>376993057
But how will people know that mental illnesses if they're not portrayed poorly in video games
>>
>>376993247
The game is about immaturity tho, not smashing capitalism. If you don't get that maybe you've got some growing up to do :^)
>>
>>376993481

you faggots who need things to be relateable killed video games. it's dots on a goddamn screen.
>>
>>376993729
but i need videogames that agree with me about being (furry) trash
>>
>>376988059
UGH!
>>
>>376988059
>Did I get a bad ending?

considering the awful writing every ending is bad by default
>>
>>376993810
TACOS! *waves arms*
>>
>>376993846
i have to admit only one line made me chuckle and was when she was drunk and said "having papers and writng sex"
>>
>>376988059
I really wish you would stop making these threads, anon. I know it's you.
>>
>>376993625
Not him but the joke is how those were the animator's beliefs (to an obsessive degree; he tacked them onto the game like he tries to with every dev he talks to) and still wanted people to pay $20 for a VN most people would just Youtube instead.

Otherwise yeah, Holowka's themes cover fear of the unknown, what "matters", and Mae's sheer obliviousness to the necessity of adaptation/growing up.
>>
>>376988059
i thought this game was known for it meh ending
>>
>>376994407
I think the real problem with the themes is how little it has to say about them.

It is blunt and obvious to just go hey it is okay we are layabouts. If I took anything out of it is that these types are awful yet think hiding it under a layer of irony makes that okay.
>>
>>376988059
It kinda felt like the cosmic entity might be the player or something like that.
>>
>>376988059
Rushed ending, walking around was boring as fuck. It could have more characters to interact with.
>>
>>376993247
I liked that moment because fox guy was halfway through the process of actually growing up, understanding the importance of having a job and money. Just a little moment where he felt young again.
>>
>>376995003
Fuck no to the more characters bit. I loved the shit out of the game but if I had one more talk to character task to do every day it would've been unbearable.
>>
>>376995251
Then they should add skateboard to move faster around the city.
>>
>>376995471
Pfft, Mae would have to get a job to be able to afford that.
>>
File: d875620dbd5a45fb0e1434ad4d999e59.png (488KB, 1491x1924px) Image search: [Google]
d875620dbd5a45fb0e1434ad4d999e59.png
488KB, 1491x1924px
OP here. All I can say is this is the first game I genuinely wanted my money back.

It has nice art style and characters, but the ending made me feel like I was robbed. At least hanging out with Bea was nice. I don't really want to do a second playthrough because walking around is kinda slow.
>>
>>376996304
Robbed of what?
>>
>>376996598

Robbed of closure, time, money.
>>
>>376997406
It was made blatantly obvious that Mae was gonna have a long talk with her parents about her future and grow up. You spent the entire game learning what your friends were going to do after. What more did you want? You got 8 hours of enjoyable time.
>>
>>376997668
>It was made blatantly obvious that Mae's most important growth is gonna happen off screen
10/10 writing
>>
>>376997813
You think a few hours of her not being a fuckup and sorting out her life would make for enjoyable gameplay?
>>
>>376997994
>enjoyable gameplay
Well it would need to have that to begin with

But yes real growth instead of "efff the world lol" and a cult plot that was retarded and unsatisfying would be much better
>>
>>376997668
How can you be defending that non ending
Are you the dev?
>>
>>376997994
Not who you're replying to but their honestly wasn't much fun gameplay in it anyway. It's more akin to a visual novel where you have to move your character from panel to panel.

I felt the same thing OP, I ended up finishing it solely to see the rest of the story after I was invested. The fact that it just ends with them saying let's not talk about any of this again felt like a real cop out.
>>
>>376998162
Given how the story was building to that point, anything else would have been completely redundant. If you were given what you wanted you'd be complaining about the boring last third of the game where its all wrapping up because you knew exactly what was going to happen.
>>
>>376998385
>youd be complaining about this other thing then

Not an argument, fuck you
>>
>>376998420
I'm serious, you know shit like fox guy and bear man are gonna get a decent job and move to the city as well as all the other plots. Why do you need a drawn out section showing it?
>>
>>376998489
If you know the game's going to be conclude, why do you need to play it?
>>
>>376988059
The story was worse than Life is Strange
>>
>>376998489
Cause people want to see characters develop and plots actually go somewhere.

Not everyone meander with suggestion something will happen
>>
>>376998583
That second sentence is what Mae is. The story is her getting over that. The scene where she's about to have the big talk with her parents is the conclusion. I really don't wanna play the scenes where she gets a job at that point.
>>
File: Rancid Bait.png (11KB, 662x368px) Image search: [Google]
Rancid Bait.png
11KB, 662x368px
>>376998558
>Time powers because lol
>Follow my retarded friend around because lol
>Do bad stuff because friend told you to because lol
>Sacrifice whole town or save stupid friend choice because lol
How can it even compete?
>>
Well at least most can agree it has a really good soundtrack :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZlHxcklOc4
>>
>>376998823
>That second sentence is what Mae is.
And she is a big problem with the game. Again people want development in characters and story

Not for the story to be fuck all, for it not to go anywhere and end on I guess something might happen. Especially when the characters are paper thin almost parodies of their archetypes.
>>
>>376999056
You missed the point of the game if you expected a grand videogame ending it has a real life ending that was the whole fucking point after shit happens what is really happening nothing you go home,eat,sleep and life goes on. Its literally slice of life the "game" how is this point above so many peoples heads? If you dont like the interactions with your friends and past time and wait for the "game" to start... well you just missed the game.
>>
>>376999226
>grand videogame ending
You can't address the real criticism.

>it has a real life ending
Ah yeah real life where it all just stops and goes to credits before anything happens. If you call something realistic then cop-outs are okay.

>how is this point above so many peoples heads?
Ah the it's too smart for you. No the game is just lazy and thinks quirky irony substitutes good writings.

>If you dont like the interactions with your friends
You never had any and use this as a surrogate.
>>
>>376999226
A real life ending? Sorry no, if we have to guess at what happens next then this isn't a let's never speak of it again situation, there has to be some sort of fallout from the fact that a group of townspeople were sacrificing others to an extradimensional being. They arent just gunna let it go unknown that one of their best friends didn't actually just run away, he was fucking killed.
>>
>>376999516
>goes to credits before anything happens.
O_o did we play the same game!?
Not sure if you are pretending or if you actually dont get it. Either way its not my problem its really not a deep game if you still miss the point its your issue.
>>
>>376988059

The game would have been much better had they paced out the cult stuff more throughout the story rather than just jammed in in the third act or just dropping it all together and having the town itself be an allegory for Mae's mental landscape.
>>
>>376993247

> BAWWW AN IMMATURE CHARACTER SPOUTING BOLITICAL :-BBB OBINIONS I DISAGREE WITH IS GLORIFICATION OR ADVOCACY OF THESE CHARACTER'S VIEWPOINTS. FUH-FUCK THESE DEVS!
You are literally a triggered ess-jew.
>>
>>376998558
That's kind of impressive, since I hated life is strange's story and didn't expect someone to top it anytime soon.

The only characters I liked in that game were Warren and best girl Kate. The security guard was also pretty decent.
>>
Could've used some more mini games.
>>
>>376999626
Too plotty for the kind of story it was telling.
>>
>>376998285

I'm glad I'm not alone. When the game ended my roommate and I just stared at the screen before we turned to one another.

"Is that it?"

And it was.
>>
I think NITW is stronger in the individual character department than it is with its own main plot.

That said, Lost Constellation is still excellent.
>>
MATRIX
>>
>>377001627
>stronger in the individual character department
Not really. If you want writing like a tumblr post attempting to be quirky you can enjoy it but they aren't good characters
>>
>>377001767
>they are not good characters because they talk in a way I don't like
>I will disregard any struggle or definition these characters had because it's inconvenient for my point
>>
ending's kinda shit but I wasn't playing it to get to some grand ending, I just wanted to chill in a small town where nothing happened for a while and I got that. I had a good time with the game.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.