[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>When health is full, sword shoots energy beam! >... but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: zeldaii.gif (16KB, 498x600px) Image search: [Google]
zeldaii.gif
16KB, 498x600px
>When health is full, sword shoots energy beam!
>... but doesn't effect 90% of the enemies.

>Dungeons are big and sprawling!
>... but they're intentionally confusing with reused rooms.

>Enemies everywhere!
>and unfair and overly tough with massive attack power.

>NPCs are helpful and give hints like "Candle is hidden to the West."
>Candle is actually hidden to the East.

>Level up system that can add to your attack power, magic, or health!
>You don't get to choose which.

>Link has his classic sword!
>It's reach is about one pixel.

>Enchanting land filled with dungeons and caverns to explore!
>Painfully linear.

Is Zelda II: The Adventure of Link the Dark Souls of the Zelda games? It's overly difficult, has no creative atmosphere, and on the surface looks open-world but is super linear? Features unfair enemies, a punishing failure system, and trail-and-error temples?

Sounds like it to me.
>>
>>376985596
git gud
>>
>>376985596
You didn't need the Dark Souls bait OP, your thread already has good talking points and criticism.
>>
Most of those complaints could be leveled against the first Legend of Zelda. And it was even worse with the cryptic bullshit that necessitated busy work like bombing every fucking wall and burning every fucking bush in the game in order to progress. Why does the first Zelda always get a free pass for this shit but Zelda 2 is roundly derided for it?
>>
>>376985596
>>Level up system that can add to your attack power, magic, or health!
>>You don't get to choose which.
not true, you can select cancel and save that xp for a more expensive upgrade
>>
>>376985596
It's a tough game, but its far from the toughest I've ever played, even ignoring Soulsborne stuff. Drakengard 2 on Extreme and Lagoon are much tougher action RPGs.
>>
File: LA_fanart10.jpg (64KB, 500x423px) Image search: [Google]
LA_fanart10.jpg
64KB, 500x423px
>>376985939

Hmm...

>Sword beam complaint
Not true.

>Dungeons complaint
Not true.

>NPC hint complaint
Half-true. Zelda I NPCs are cryptic but don't downright lie to you.

>Level up system complaint
Not true and not applicable.

>Sword reach complaint
Not true.

>Linearity complaint
Not true.

I mean, here's your (You) but you know that these complaints aren't applicable to Zelda I.
>>
Is it cheating to play this game with quick saves?
>>
Why do enemy swordsmen in this game deal contact damage? Why would they ever use a sword? If they made swordsmen enemies bump you instead of damage you upon touch, the game would've been a lot more reactive and satisfying to play.
>>
>>376985596
The NES Zeldas are shit. Both of them.
>>
>>376985939
>bombing every fucking wall and burning every fucking bush in the game in order to progress
That was never necessary unless you were very very stupid.
>>
>>376986254
I wouldn't call it cheating, but it waters down the experience gives a lesser sense of adventure. The risk and the suffering of death and the tedium of recovery are all important parts of the experience if you want to really feel a connection to the game.
>>
>>376986540
>That was never necessary unless you were very very stupid.

Fuck off.

Critical items were hidden behind bushes and walls without any hint whatsoever in the game as to their locations.
>>
>>376987045
>critical items

Which, specifically?
>>
>>376987045
But the places you bombed/burned were fairly obvious when you noticed them.
>>
>>376985596
>You don't get to choose which.
It's always in the same order
>>
Good game, not easy unless you grind though. Fights are intense.
>>
>>376986219
>Zelda I NPCs are cryptic but don't downright lie to you.
Only the candle dude lies to you and that was most likely an error rather than the devs trolling players.
>>
>>376987530

Okay? You still don't get to choose. And it's designed to look like you can. It gives you a window, arrows, and stuff. but you can't choose.
>>
>>376985596
Oh boy, it's the "linearity is bad" meme again. I wonder which console was your first it was PS2 or one of its contemporaries
>>
NES games in general are shit. SNES is where it's at
>>
>>376987598
Misunderstanding of your point. I thought you were acting like it's random
>>
>>376986307
A better question is why have so many fuckers steal experience when it is so fucking vital?
Even worse is that the ones who do so are endlessly respawning, tedious, and annoying shitters who can still manage to get a cheap shot in on even a skilled player.
>>
>>376985596
and it's still better than botw
>>
>>376987660

3/4's true but there really were some amazing NES games. When they were not bad they were pretty great.
>>
>>376987630
No, linearity is great, but when it's disguised as an open-world game, it's shit.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.