[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>playing MK XL for the first time >the amount of single

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

>playing MK XL for the first time
>the amount of single player and multiplayer content in this game

Jesus Christ, I only played Street Fighter my whole life, are MK games always this full of shit to do? I realize this is the version with all the DLC, but I feel like even the standard edition must have been worthwhile if it had that Krypt, the Faction War meta-game, the towers and living towers, story mode, team battles, three variations for each character etc.

Street Fighter V at launch feels even more embarassing to me.
>>
Netherrealm knows they cant make a competitive game soo they make up with single player content...and they are really good with that
>>
Yeah I think the DLC only ever added characters. Everything else was already in base game
>>
>>376979123

As a casual player, I love that. No wonder their games are the best-selling among fighting games these days, despite the tournament scene favoring Street Fighter.

I just love unlocking shit.
>>
If you think XL had a lot of content, go check out MK9.

Seriously, that fucking game was a motherlode of single player stuff in a fighting game, plus 2v2 mode was one of the best party games I've ever played.
>>
File: 1489819243724.gif (1MB, 167x170px) Image search: [Google]
1489819243724.gif
1MB, 167x170px
>>376979790
>tfw completed the Kombat Tower
I wished they would have brought it back for MKX
>>
>>376979908

I wish more fightan games would be that creative with their engines/setups.
>>
>>376979790

I actually have it, just never played it, though. Might fire it up.

Just a clarification, is MK9 a reboot of the franchise or does it actually follow the stories of previous MK games? MK X is a direct follow up to 9 or a what if scenario? Reading up on the lore of each character in the collection menu is so fun...
>>
>>376979908

What's Kombat Tower?
>>
>>376980221
From what i remember, story-wise, it is a retelling of MK 1-3, but is actually the sequel to MK: Armageddon; Raiden contacts his younger self to try and change the future.
>>
MK has always had a lot of stuff to do, they experimented a lot which is what i wish more fighting games would do.

also I fucking LOVED chess kombat, that shit was so damn fun. I dont know why they didnt keep it.
>>
>>376980021
Yeah, from the top of my head, the only fighting games I know that does that are MK and Tekken.

>>376980221
MK9 is a reboot that also a Alternate timeline pretty much. The OG timeline is still there and is referred too.

>>376980289
Is a challenge tower with 300 challenges. Its really fun, and when you beat it you get Bandaged Mileena
>>
>>376980546
>>376980491

I see.

I remember playing MK1 on my Mega Drive and on my Master System, MK2 on Mega Drive and MK3 / Ultimate MK3 on Mega Drive as well. After that, I never played an MK game again until now.

I can't even remember MK4, but I remember MK5 looking really good at the time on PS2, don't know why I never played it.
>>
>>376979908
This. Pretty sad it isn't there. Oh well. Maybe next game.
>>
Why is the Mortal Kombat movie so good? People shit on it these days, but I think it's 80s action movie tier, despite being made during the 90s. It's so much fun watching it, the main theme is fantastic (and should be used in the games), the characters interacting is fun as fuck, the fights are hype, the ending is extremely hype...

Love that movie.
>>
anyone who actually likes mkx or any single player content should not be playing fighting games in the first place, if you want to be entertained by shitty cutscenes go watch bad animu or something
>>
>all these blatant MK shill threads now injustice coming out
good luck with the pc port, or any post launch support after theyve sold you all that dlc
>>
>>376982398

Now why would the so called shills be shilling for MK instead of Injustice? Do you really think the marketers want to sell a game from 2015 now on /v/ of all places?

Also, Injustice 2 isn't coming out on PC.

>>376982295

>reeeeeeeeee stop liking what I don't like
>>
>>376979123
k weaboo
>>
>>376982295
>fighting game
>has fighting/pvp
>ALSO has a bunch of bonus shit on top of having fighting
>that's somehow bad, because it should ONLY have fighting
>even if it means all content aside from some shitty competitive scene fell of tryhards is over before the 6 hour mark.
>even though lacking all the bonus stuff doesn't actually make the fighting any better

are you retarded?
>>
>>376982165
>Why is the Mortal Kombat movie so good?

it kinda falls under the "its so bad its good" thing. The movie didnt take itself seriously and the story was simple to follow with decent fight scenes for its time, overall it was a fun movie.

the sequel was terrible though, and tried to be super serious and have a meaningful plot while having tons of characters crammed in it for no reason.
>>
>>376982573
nah
im calling it blatant shilling because thats what it is
>>376979448
nobody writes like that here, you're clearly out of your element and think this is just like some reddit thread your marketing software ticks off on the list

you have no fucking idea
>>
>>376982596
fighting games are made for pvp, not against the ai, when devs actually cater to you faggots the games are shit, for example sfv
>>
>>376982832

Wait a minute, since when did SF V cater to people who like single player content in fighting games? It literally launched with Online, Training and Versus only.
>>
>>376982832
Then why even code AI, you dumb fucker.
>>
File: goro.jpg (45KB, 640x431px) Image search: [Google]
goro.jpg
45KB, 640x431px
>>376982692

For a movie about the plot of a fighting game, it was pretty damn good. The best they could do, honestly.

Goro costume was 10/10, by the way.
>>
>>376982997
because it's something to do while waiting to fight someone
>>376982970
since it was launched, I know it might be hard to realize that since you are a fag that cares about beating up a shitty cpu for some reason, but actual gameplay is catered to you faggots
>>
File: Reigen.jpg (85KB, 824x579px) Image search: [Google]
Reigen.jpg
85KB, 824x579px
>>376979908
>tfw defeating 3 shao khan in a row
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.