[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so now that Star Citizen is pretty much confirmed a scam what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: B74rNAj.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
B74rNAj.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
so now that Star Citizen is pretty much confirmed a scam what other ambitious kickstarter games are out there that we can have faith in?
>>
ashes of creation looks like it's going to be pretty hilarious

they even have a referral/pyramid scheme going from day one
>>
You can't have faith in any ambitious project. That's why they're called ambitious.
>>
>>376977556
>Star Citizen is pretty much confirmed a scam

I dont like SC. But thats an empty statement. How is it a scam?
>>
I just went to the website, reading about recent updates. Already found the flaw in your short ass sentence.
>>
>>376977556
Last I checked, a scam meant that the product promised was not delivered and the profits stolen. Doesnt even remotely fit the description of scam. Hell its probably more similar to the F35 costing trillions case.
>>
Here come the cultists
>>
>>376978632

Juicero is a scam despite being a finished product that was released on a promised time.
>>
>>376978785
Mass Effect Andromeda is a scam
Prey is a scam because the dev's stole the name

>see what I'm doing here?
>>
File: 1447105503756.png (70KB, 1667x1269px) Image search: [Google]
1447105503756.png
70KB, 1667x1269px
>>376977556
>muh tortanic
>>
>>376978147
look up what happened on their forums.

It used to be that there were cross-chasis upgrades/sidegrades that allowed you to switch from one ship to another ship with the same monetary value. The promise was that if one ship wouldn't turn out to your liking you could still easily switch to another ship of similar value.

Now they want to add a 5 dollar fee to chasis sidegrades so if the ship doesn't turn out the way it was promised by the developers (like for example if they said that the ship had a focus on bounty hunting but just turned into a normal fighter that doesn't have any bounty hunting tools) you could simply turn it into another ship. They put a 5 dollar fee on it to prevent people to sidegrade into ships to try them out. Now every time you want to test out ships in a certain price class you pay a 5 dollar fee EVERY SINGLE TIME.
>>
>>376978785
Thats still not a scam you fucking pleb. The product was still delivered. Shitty business practices and bait advertising fits the description more. I bet you think every useless piece of shit released is a scam. Star Citizen is playable right now and you have active pleb players paying an excess of almost $2000 for an in game ship. Thats not a scam, thats stupidity on the consumer's side and bait advertising on SC's side.
>>
>>376978974
>"Do you agree to the terms and agreements"
>checks yes
>12 months later still complains.
>>
>>376978974
Thats STILL not a scam.

>>376978735
>Point out bullshit
>HURRR youre a cultist

I have never even played it.
>>
>Kikestarter.
>Not a scam.
Pick one.
>>
>>376978402
all the recent updates, talking about all the amazing shit that's going to be in the game real soon now, promise, for real this time

they've been promising amazing shit since 2012 and have delivered garbage. i'll wait until these incredible new features are actually in the game before i believe a word of the recent updates, thanks
>>
>>376978147
It was coming out in 2014, then it was delayed to 2016, then again delayed to 2017, and now it was delayed indefinitely.
They keep bloating the scope of the game to keep the cash coming.
>>
>>376979165
Terms of use are not above the law, just because you agree to them that doesn't mean shit if they have illegal clauses.
People have gone to the law to get refunds from scam citizen and guess what they got them even though they were supposedly not possible due to the terms of use
>>
>>376979165
those were NOT the terms. Cross-chasis upgrades were one of the reasons people were willing to invest 50 dollars in the first place because they could use these 50 dollars to try a variety of ships and then eventually chose one of the 50 dollar ships that they actually want to fly in the universe. This change was never stated in terms of service, they said that they would eventually adjust the prices of ships the further they were into development, they DIDN'T say that they would also suddenly put a fee on cross-chasis sidegrading which basically turns your 50 dollar ship options into the exact ship you backed for.
>>
>>376977556
>kickstarter games
>faith

That sounds like a bad idea.
>>
>>376979041

>Thats still not a scam you fucking pleb.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/scam

>a fraudulent or deceptive act or operation

Star Citizen and Juicero both can be defined by the word "scam". Its not my fault if you don't know what the term actually means.
>>
>>376977556
i'm waiting on Camelot Unchained
>>
>>376979562
I read that as cameltoe unchained, now that's a game I know would deliver
>>
>>376979638
would donate to that patreon
>>
File: or.png (552KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
or.png
552KB, 700x525px
>>376979230
keep talking
>>
File: h8I2w8e.gif (2MB, 300x277px) Image search: [Google]
h8I2w8e.gif
2MB, 300x277px
>delayed indefinitely
>>
>>376980616
>Posts one out of less than maybe 15 kickstarters that delivered
>ignores the 7 trillion kickstarters that will never deliver

hoo hee ha ha my boy you sure did pwn the noobs in this thread heehee
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.