[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Playing pic related and just got to the Forest of Myth for the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0763.jpg (173KB, 640x737px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0763.jpg
173KB, 640x737px
Playing pic related and just got to the Forest of Myth for the first time

Do did the devs run out of money at this part or what gives?
>>
>>376973050
Pretty much.
Hope you enjoy it because that's what the rest if the game is like.
>>
>>376973050
The game is ambitious but yeah some areas are incredibly trimmed down.
>>
File: sinatrahome.jpg (84KB, 960x570px) Image search: [Google]
sinatrahome.jpg
84KB, 960x570px
>>376973050
> do di do di doooo di dooo
>>
>>376973317
>Hope you enjoy it because that's what the rest of the game is like.
but that's wrong you dumdum >:( don't make op put a good game down for no reason
>>
The text adventure was on purpose to piss off people by forcing them to read 2-3 paragraphs.
>>
>>376973050
Game definitely had budget constraints but I love the forest of myth part. It's very well written and the music is prefect. Plus it's like 10 minutes total so it didn't drag on too long. The perspective and gameplay changes Yoko Taro does are great in my opinion.

Enjoy the game, anon. It's a really memorable experience. You should also leave before someone spoils anything. The story is 10/10 and should be experienced first hand.
>>
File: gothefucktosleep.png (38KB, 220x324px) Image search: [Google]
gothefucktosleep.png
38KB, 220x324px
>>376973050

how's the combat in this? i just got a PS3 and have been considering this but i've heard pretty mixed things about it.
>>
>>376975480
Combat is okay, the problem is normal is way too easy, and on hard everything is a massive damage sponge slowing everything down too much. The beauty of Nier is in the characters, story, and music. It has one of the greatest scores of all time.

I highly recommend it if you appreciate masterful storytelling and writing. If you just want top tier combat and don't particularly care about story, skip it.
>>
I was thinkin of playing this game next cause I actually own Nier, Drakengard 3 and Nier: Automata but haven't touched any of em.

Unfortunately I just got done slogging thru Kingdoms of Amalur which was dreadfully boring, and I'm afraid Nier is gonna be more of the same, except with a dickgirl/Laura Bailey.
>>
>>376975480
It's shit, as a matter of fact everything gameplay-related is shit but the story and soundtrack are GOAT
>>
i really liked the forest of myth part.

>>376975821
nice dude, i hope you like them as much as i did. they're not perfect games by any means, but they always leave me thinking about them for ages afterward. i love the drakengard series.
>>
>>376975764
>I highly recommend it if you appreciate masterful storytelling and writing.

i'm defintely interested in this, but if 80% of the game is spent in non story sections where you're fighting shit and the fighting is frustratingly bad, then it ends up not being worth it.

but fuck it, i liked automata so i'll give this a shot.
>>
>>376975480
it's fine. nothing more or less. it works. people shit on it too hard, i think.
>>
>>376976014
It's as much story as you like. The game is easy enough to never grind of you play on normal. You can just run from story beat to story beat. But the banter between team members while just running around is 10/10 and the side quest flavor text is really great too. This is the biggest area that Nier 1 btfo Automata for me. The characters in Automata don't hold a candle to Weiss or Emil, who in my opinion rank up there as 2 of the greatest characters in vidja. On that note, I don't know who did the English VA for Weiss, but they are talented as fuck.

Combat was lackluster, but I still enjoyed the characters and world so much that I took about 40 hours and 100% all sidequests just on route A. Then I went full steam ahead and got endings B through D in just 10 hours total.
>>
>>376976685
>English VA for Weiss
*knocks down enemy*
I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS

I was pretty surprised when I found this out too
>>
>>376976685
This is the voice of Weiss
>>
>>376976685
>>376976908
that was liam o'brien. he and jamieson price, nier's VA, are two of my favorite english voice actors.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.