[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>replay diablo 3 for the first time since launch Holy shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

>replay diablo 3 for the first time since launch
Holy shit I'd forgotten how atrociously bad the writing and story in this was. Belial is the shittiest "deceiver" of all time. Zoltun Kulle is the only decently written character but even he has to go full chaotic retard because Blizzard are incapable of writing something with nuance.
>>
>replaying a shit game
why?
>>
Question: how do I write characters?
Examples of well-written vidya characters are also welcome.
>>
d3 might have the worst writing in a video game ive ever seen.

Reaper of Souls story is passable at least. Nothing particularly godawful there.
>>
>>376965172
The combat is good even though the story is fucking awful and exasperated by the game being painfully linear to force more awful story on you.
>>
>>376965295
>Examples of well-written vidya characters are also welcome.
Kreia.
Give them a motivation and a personality.
>>
>>376965341
>d3 might have the worst writing in a video game ive ever seen

Legion is way worse.

Stardew Valley has better story and more depth than Legion.
>>
>>376965085
I remember thinking the belial storyline could've been amazing if it'd turned out belial was only the emperor you met in the sewers and not actually in control of the throne. would've been a pretty good trick having belial use the player to overthrow the real emperor who was just a dick to the player because royalty are often dicks.
>>
>>376965085
I like the console version a lot more. The dodging on the right stick was fun
>>
>>376968082
it"s a surprisingly good couch co-op game
>>
>>376965085
>playing anything but adventure mode

Shit nigga, what are you doing?
>>
>>376968386
this
>>
>>376965085
>replay diablo 3
>play story mode

why? you realize you can just entirely ignore it now right
>>376965341
same, considering the money that went into it
>>
>>376968245
Yeah, just wish they made inventory management splitscreen

A trip into town with 4 different people switching gear was the most tedious shit
>>
>>376968386
I'm not paying Blizzard more money.
>>
>>376965863
The combat isn't as good as people praise it because it's simply outdated. There's a severe lack of mobility for the size of the maps, the skill cooldowns are too high for the genre in general, only four skill slots, and so on.
>>
People pay attention to the story in diablo and diablo clone games? What are you a freak?
>>
>>376969505
It's 6 skills slots
>>
>>376965341
>Angels are basically Dragonflights from WoW
>Adria's primary motivation stem from her daddy issues
RoS made me lose what little respect I had left for Blizzard storytelling.
>>
>>376969586
Diablo 2 had good worldbuilding and exactly the right amount of plot to keep you motivated and moving forward without Clippy the paperclip popping up every 3 seconds to tell you something.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.