[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Tf2 is faster >Paladins is faster >Even Dirty Bomb

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 7

File: plsno.jpg (54KB, 820x461px) Image search: [Google]
plsno.jpg
54KB, 820x461px
>Tf2 is faster
>Paladins is faster
>Even Dirty Bomb is faster
Why is Overwatch so slow paced?
>>
They didn't implement gyro aiming for the console port, so movespeed has to be crippled in order to allow shit controller aiming to actually hit moving targets.
>>
>>376958295
Because it's for blizzshit retards who are the least skilled video game "community" of all time (not counting starcraft of course)
>>
>>376958295
Because you're shitty at it. Play with people of skill and it goes by with ease.
>>
because you can't grow up and get over your childhood. slow is the new fast, faggot
>>
>>376958730
Oh yeah cus that will change the fact that Tracer moves as fast as the demoman from TF2.
>>
>>376958295
>Why is Overwatch x

Because they literally just ripped off Paladins and Battleborn. Why are you idiots so blind?
>>
>>376958441
i don't have a console, what's gyro aiming?
>>
>>376959012
>t. randy
>>
>>376959012
Baddass post randy
>>
Just because you rush in with no regard to what your team is doing in TF2 does not mean it's faster.
>>
Because Blizzard makes watered down mass market garbage that appeals to the lowest common denominator. All most people need are bright colors and loot-box feedback loops.
>>
>>376958295

Cause its an fps for people who don't play fps
>>
>>376959749
Watch the only post worth a damn get ignored. Such is the state of vidya gaems.
>>
File: you got yourself caught.png (414KB, 739x742px) Image search: [Google]
you got yourself caught.png
414KB, 739x742px
>>376959309
>>376959390
>>
Faster=/= better

Not saying that Overwatch is good mind you.
>>
>>376959309
>>376959390
>>376960115
And then you cucks wonder why this board is so shit, nice shitposts idiots, next time apply yourselves instead of acting like redditors.
>>
Blizzard game design philosophy is
>we want the everybody audience
>>
>>376958295
>Paladins is faster
wut
>>
>>376959151
Gyroscope, basically wicky wocky widgety doody woody that make the gunfun easy.
>>
>>376960479
t. randy
>>
>>376960546
i play neither game since I'm shit at fps games, but from what I've seen on esports streams Paladins seemed to have a faster pace

i think it's because everyone seemed to have some kind of movement skill of some sort
>>
>>376958295
>Paladins is faster
absolutely not, thank fuck
it's the main reason I like it more, TTK on average is higher
>>
>>376960632
t. redditor
>>
>>376958295
because your Quake/Unreal arena shooters had shitty, unrealistic physics engines due to hardware limitations
>>
>>376960776
>i play neither game since I'm shit at fps games
Why are you in this thread
>but from what I've seen on esports streams
Please kill yourself anon.
>>
>>376960827
>Mfw watching a lategame fight between Master rank Androxus and Evie against Master rank Lex and Cassie
>>
>>376961046
But you realize that it takes more skill to accurately shoot fast moving targets along with abilities like the OP stated? Fire fights in Dirty Bomb are more hectic because everyone is moving fast and is hoping off walls. Add in their abilities and you have more depth than Overwatch
>>
Consoles and Blizzard wanting as many people to play it as possible so it's slowed down heavily.

That is why.
>>
What is everyones obsession with speed on this board?

I like going fast too. I like VANQUISH, Titanfall, and all other kinds of fast shit, I don't even think I've driven the speed limit in the last 10years. But just because a game isn't as fast as something else doesn't mean it's not good.

OverWatch is a fine game, with overall good "game speed", but is ruined by it's retarded community and has lots of poor game-design choices that hamper it from what it could be.

I just really don't understand the obsession with speed. Games can be very slow and still good. Hell a game being too fast can just be kind of boring. I don't see why speed=good.
>>
>>376958441
this is mostly correct
>>376958541
this is aggressive but true to some degree

/thread
>>
File: 1494281241969.png (150KB, 824x836px) Image search: [Google]
1494281241969.png
150KB, 824x836px
>>376958295
its funny because it may not be as fast as those games but it has the gaming population of all three combined.
>>
File: 1478356847975.jpg (24KB, 438x426px)
1478356847975.jpg
24KB, 438x426px
why don't you go and play a real fps game instead of watered down waifu/mobashit?
>>
Was anyone else massively disappointed by Tracer's movement speed when first playing the beta?
>>
File: aiming_not_required.webm (610KB, 666x684px) Image search: [Google]
aiming_not_required.webm
610KB, 666x684px
I really want Blizzard to give us more control over tweaking heroes.

I've given up on hoping Blizzard will make the game better.
>>
>>376958295
even vanilla CoD is faster
>>
>>376961382

For Overwatch maybe its the maps, or just teles being limited to symmetra. Lot of half-falling asleep holding W after you've spawned to get where the players actually are.
>>
>>376961479
>casual game is played by a lot of people
Really turns on the old thinker
>>
>>376961072
why so hostile?

i cant play soccer irl either but i still watch it
>>
>>376958541
But no character based shooter requieres skill.
>>
>>376958295

>Tf2 is faster
Player base got mature, The pacing wasn't that fast when you compare it to the early days
>Paladins is faster
Mounts, Also has a lot of flank and counter flanking heroes that keeps pace moving
>Even Dirty Bomb is faster
Don't know, Haven't played it
>>
>>376960776
>i play neither game since I'm shit at fps games, but from what I've seen on esports streams
You are the cancer killing videogames.
>>
So that it's easier and appeals to more audiences
>>
File: ededed.png (130KB, 296x302px) Image search: [Google]
ededed.png
130KB, 296x302px
>>376961696
well like it or not you cant fucking play a multyplayer game if it has no one playing now can you, idiot.
>>
>>376961681
I have played like atleast 80hrs of OW, I don't know my exact time.

It takes less than 15 seconds, from any spawn point in the entire game, to get back to the action on the map. Unless you are purposefully going on a long route (which you would never do in an online game where the point is the win by defeating enemies because time is extremely valuable) it will never take you long enough to "fall asleep while holding W". Like, just fuck off mate, that's so stupid. I get that maybe it was hyperbolic, but even still, you can get back into the action just as fast (in some cases, faster ie: tele/rez) than other games.
>>
>>376961382

Because when you play faster things, playing something slower is excruciating afterwards.

And a good 20% of the games in overwatch are spent walking back to the point or spamming movement skills JUST to get there faster, not to use them in any sorta strategic manner in battle.

One could argue, "just dont die and you wont have to walk XD" well, that is fine and you can suggest that, but that's impossible so don't bother.

Once you've had faster stuff that allows you more freedom of movement, going to something really fucking slow is one of the biggest turnoffs ever.

I'll give you a few examples.

Playing Pokemon is almost impossible once you've had a taste of fast forwarding during a pokemon run on emulator. Every single thing about the pokemon games takes too long. Literally every single part of it takes way too long, seriously. There is not a single part of those games that does something quick.

EXP bar goes up slow.
Life bar goes up/down slow.
Changing/replacing moves takes forever.
Item management takes forever.
Moving takes forever OR its so fast its actually more of a detriment because it's uncontrollable, I.E. the bikes with the multiple gears.
Saving takes forever.
Dialogue takes forever because the writers can't just make a point, they have to pad it out, always.

Once you've had fast forward on an emulator, it's almost impossible to play new pokemon games unless you are a masochist.
>>
>>376961551
Why is this a problem? That gun fires in a cone and using a tiny crosshair to hide that fact is disingenuous as fuck.
>>
>>376959635
People die faster, heal faster, move faster, push faster. You don't need a musical negro to parade around with you to rollout.
>>
>>376961921
I'd rather play skillful games with low populations, then playing casual ass shit with billion players.
Also, what are the number of players? Seems odd it takes minutes to find matches
>>
>>376962070
>I'm a faggot with ADHD: the post

you're the reason everything has fucking fast travel now. kill yourself.
>>
>>376958295
So girls can play
>>
>>376961479
Population doesn't matter outside of whether you can find a game and how long it takes you. In that regard TF2 is far quicker to find games than Overshit, despite TF2's games involving twice the number of people.
>>
Casuals
>>
>>376960470
Go play Quake live then report back
>>
>>376962070
Pokemon is slow as fuck, but your argument isn't very viable.

Speed up buttons on emulators are EXTREME SPEED. If you take a game, and up the speed by even 1.5, it's going to seem way faster. Speed up buttons on emulators tend to be double, triple, or even higher than what the game is running. Of fucking course going triple the speed is going to be faster.

But speed still doesn't equal quality. I would say speed is a good thing for most games, as fast Titanfall 1 and 2 would be nowhere near as enjoyable if you couldn't go as fast as you can. But slower paced games like Rainbow 6 Siege for example are still good games. Just because you aren't doing 100 things as once doesn't make a game bad.
>>
>No sprint
>Characters with dashes or speed enhancements have stupid long cool downs
Besides Solider, everyone is just slow as fuck
>>
>>376960631
>im talking out of my ass for no reason
>>
>>376960470
Faster=More skill

Moving faster means it requires more aim to hit other players, and gives you more opportunities to dodge enemy attacks if you have a good reaction time rather than be gimped by your movement speed.

As such, TF2 is superior to OW in this regard since almost every OW character moves as slowly as the Soldier's walking pace.
>>
>>376958295
Blizzard panders to retards. People should be prohibited from coming to /v/ if they even have this shit installed.

I'm so disgusted by people who have the Battle.net... no, sorry the ACTIBLIZZARD app on their computer. It's fucking degeneracy.
>>
>>376958295
TF2 is way fucking slower.
>>
>>376962782

I didn't say it did equal quality.

The main point is, when you have something faster, and go to something slower, it's excruciating.

That is why people don't like how slow it is. It's as simple as that.

When player movement is restrictive or otherwise more lethargic compared to something the player is more used to, they are going to complain and be put off, even if they don't actively voice it or make it known.
>>
>>376963030
You're not supposed to camp on last and just build sentries, lad.
>>
>>376958730
>play with disproportionate matchmaking and you'll shit on scrublets
ftfy. Even pros are fucking slow.
>>
>>376959940
By developers that don't understand FPS.
>>
>>376961551
Me too, like an SDK or something. Community support is a huge part of the reason CS and TF2 were as prominent as they were. Custom maps and modes with server plug-ins and actual dedicated servers ran by the community were why the game was great. This closed up 14 map circlejerk where you can't tweak anything is fucking awful.
>>
>>376963384
Developers who don't understand what a good game is. That was Blizzard North.
>>
>>376963030
Nope. Every TF2 class has a much higher base movement speed than every OW class (except Heavy who is slightly slower), and sticky jumping, rocket jumping, and targes move you around far faster than any ability in OW.

There is also more room to actually move in TF2 maps as opposed to Chokepointwatch.
>>
>>376963619
You're the one supporting their business model, you're to blame.
>>
People still really play TF2?
>>
>>376962210
17 million active players globally.
But even accounting for different regions it hardly makes sense that it takes as long as it does, and what's worse is that you can get repeatedly paired with the same players even after deliberately leaving in order to re-match.
>>
Just main lucio. His wallrun is fucking OP and stacks
>>
>>376963843
People still really post this bait?
>>
>>376958295
Because it relies on people charging their ults so they can have 3-6 ults go off at once and act like they're got skillz
>>
>>376963954
>17 million
I call horseshit.
>>
>>376963797
One of the many, sue me. Valve ruined TF2 for me, and I've not found any other comparable games on the market that can hold my attention span. I dumped countless hours into CS:S and TF2 pre-hats and pre-GO coming back to them now is totally disheartening and the fact they neglected to implement some sort of system for retroactive players in TF2 totally pushes any desire I had to play into the bin. The psuedogame R6S was wholly unappealing and the character unlock systems in place are equally cringeworthy and the gameplay was mediocre. I suppose I could try Paladins but I don't think it's any more appealing than Overwatch, though I may be wrong.
>>
>>376963954
Source? sale=/=active players
>>
>>376964445
That's the real number supposedly, though they try and place 30 million as the actual player count which I believe means all the people who played betas, free weekends, and dead/banned accounts.
>>
>>376958295
Why do TF2 players try so hard to convince people that like Overwatch to play their dying game?
>>
>>376964597
If those numbers are real explain it's shitty Twitch numbers. It's bullshit, just like when people swear WoW still has over a million subs.
>>
>>376964495
>one of the many
Every dollar in Blizzard's bank account is one more dollar in favour of extremely static FPS design.
>and the fact they neglected to implement some sort of system for retroactive players in TF2
You don't need a system from Valve. You just need to load up an MGE server and get playing. Then once you've gotten gud, join a community organization like UGC/ESEA/Ozfort/Asiafort/TFBR/ETF2L, depending on where you live. It's what some of us have been doing for 8 years straight now and it's a great system. Nothing Valve does or fails to do affects it.
>>
>>376964715
Speak for yourself nigger, I always see OWfags incessantly shilling in every TF2 thread.
>>
>>376958295

because it's catered to the lowest common denominator.
>>
>>376959151
I'm pretty sure it's when a system uses the whole controllers physical movement to also move something on the screen. Like the axis system in a ps3 controller. Sort of instinctual when playing games with alot of movement. Either that or aim assist like in gtav
>>
>>376961758
I'd like to see you compete in "no skill" TF2.
>>
>>376961758
Play dirty bomb it requires skill to be good
>>
>This ground is too soft!
>>
>>376961796
then play dirty bomb then you will know how fast it is also it has better movement physics
>>
Overwatch : Competitive FPS
=
Smash Bros : Fighting Games
=
Checkers : Chess

If you don't understand ratios (math major here) then I'm sorry.
>>
>>376967118
Do people in this board even know how to play Chess?
>>
>>376962964
Why do you even come into these threads and get so mad? Unless you are a dev for Battleborne.
>>
>>376967118
>Checkers : Chess
Shouldn't it be checkers : Boardgames?
Cause chess is a game, not a genre of games.
>>
>>376967316
Blizzard is outright hated here. If you don't like it, go back to whatever hugbox you crawled out of.
>>
>>376962941
Call of Duty can be pretty fast paced
>>
I unironically like paladins more than Overwatch
Played both, for free, and I just ended up preferring paladins

I like the card system and items. Makes matches a lot more varied instead of the same slog that I found Overwatch to be
60 hours in Overwatch and 50 in paladins so far

I haven't touched Dirty Bomb but I've heard bad things about it being extraordinarily pay to win
>>
>>376967917
>pay to win
Not really, recently got into it and I'm having a blast. You can rack up enough credits to buy characters pretty quickly if you do daily challenges
>>
>>376968147
Is that true? I've heard that you can get much better guns or that you would be clearly outmatched by someone who payed cash

I did hear that they made some changes though so I'm not sure if this was one of them
>>
>>376968447
I didn't play before what ever changes you're talking about. There is a card system that gives you new guns, with different ranks. Bronze is the highest gameplay tier. Tiers above are purely cosmetic changes. And you can easily get a Bronze card with the 1,500 credits. That's about 3-4 games, along with 500 credits for first win of the day, and playing that gamemode etc.

Unlocking characters can take a bit, but you can do it.
>>
>>376969106
Cool, I'll give it a try sometime tonight then

I should really stop listening to people on /v/ shitting on games they haven't played
>>
>>376963030
Nope sorry dude.

Play scout on any CTF map, it takes less than 15 seconds to cap the flag. Soldier rocket jumping is faster when done properly. Demo sticky jumping is faster if done properly.

Try running as tracer/lucio with speed increase from your spawn to the enemy spawn in less than 20 seconds. You can't do it.

Overwatch "feels" faster because the first person camera is lower to the ground and the environment is much larger.

Overwatch is actually slow as shit. But because most of the heroes are small against large environments, tracking them still requires the same if not more mouse movement.
>>
>>376968447
>Is that true? I've heard that you can get much better guns or that you would be clearly outmatched by someone who payed cash

That's bullshit. You can pretty easily get any guns you want. Default character is fucking strong too.
>>
>>376967392
He's saying overwatch/smash bros and checkers are dumbed down simplified versions of their peers.
>>
>>376967917
Dirty Bomb is not pay to win i have almost unlocked all the mercs without even using a single credit booster you get loads of credits
With better cards you just get better passive abilities like being able to detect stuff or have have faster melee etc but they easy to get as well
Also you get quest/mission every 2 hours so will never run out of them each giving 500/1000 credits so definately not pay to win
>>
>>376968147
The literally throws case i usually make 2-3 case fin 3 hours so there is not much difference
>>
Wow you figured out how a huge company keeps players by appealing to lower common denominators than their peers.
Literally all of their games are casual as fuck minus Starcraft 2
>>
>speed isn't important to an action game!
Okay then let's make a version of Super Mario Bros. 2 where only one of the characters can run. Because that's literally what Overwatch is.
>>
>>376961479
Because it has three times the marketing budget.
By your logic Fallout 4 is the apex of the Fallout series.
>>
File: 1484259640839.png (37KB, 589x534px) Image search: [Google]
1484259640839.png
37KB, 589x534px
>>376962210
>Seems odd it takes minutes to find matches
That's Blizzard's matchmmaking algorythms calculate how to get you on the most losing teams and cheat you out of free loot.
>>
>>376969253
5 seconds slower than scout is slow as shit? Also, pretty sure you can make that time in the capture the flag modes easy as Lucio.

Furthermore, most of the modes don't require you to travel all the way to the enemy spawn, only to the middle of the map.
>>
>>376971732

5 seconds is an eternity in action games
Thread posts: 109
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.