[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was Lord of the fallen so hated and disliked within the dark/demon's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_2209.png (192KB, 257x296px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2209.png
192KB, 257x296px
Why was Lord of the fallen so hated and disliked within the dark/demon's souls/bloodborne community? I've never played lotf.
But since the majority on /v/ loves to shit on anything made by from software, what are your guys opinion on lords of the fallen and the upcoming the surge?(and the reason why i'm asking the hivemine of /v/ is because I really don't trust any of the youtubers who are sponsored by the creators of lords of the fallen and the surge to shill their game, because if content creators shit talk the game, they'll most likely get black listed and won't get any early review copies from the company.)

>TL;DR
Why is Lords of the fallen bad compared to "similiar genres".
>>
Lords of the fallen is fucking trash. It's awkward and unfun, it was free on ps+ sometime and I had a go at a mates place.

Salt and Sanctuary is a fun 'soulslike' although it's more of a metroidvania than anything.
>>
>>376958095
For one the bosses were all boring uninspired garbage and fighting them wasn't fun at all. It wasn't a bad game just very mediocre overall, nice lighting though.
>>
>>376958095
At someone who beat it on the PS4:
*severe slowdown issues
*everything is so slow and clunky
*weapon weight (while feeling realistic) meas fuck all due to the enemies having weapon swing speed like standard souls enemies
*A plot that really didn't go anywhere
*nearly everything killing you in 2-3 hits in heavy armor on NG++
*to get the really good version of boss weapons you need to win the fight in specific ways but they are not hinted at all (like boss 1: beat without taking damage)
*magic builds are worthless as fuck
*Only 2 big areas
*sidequests but no indicators on your map where they are
>>
>>376958095
Felt very clunky and needlessly slow. Felt like it only Soulsborne but only to an upfront point. It didn't really add anything either. Imagine a 3rd graders attempt at drawing a picture of a building. Yeah it might look roughly right, but it sure as hell probably doesn't have the details right at all. Much better Soulsborne rip off is Nioh, which felt right and had its own uniqueness to it.
>>
Poor environment variety. Castle interior, snowy castle exterior, and cave are mostly what you're going to get.
While Souls game are usually slow and methodical, LotF takes it too far by making it feel like you're a fatroller even if you're a light rogue character that uses daggers.
Really uninspired bosses like "Commander" and "Worshipper".
Any idea it has that wasn't taken from Souls, like dialogue trees or trying to tell a real story, are insubstantial/poorly done enough to barely even matter.
Not much content in general

The Surge looks better but I'm probably not gonna touch it until much later
>>
>>376958791
>Poor environment variety. Castle interior, snowy castle exterior, and cave are mostly what you're going to get.
don't forget:
Hellscape Castle
Snowy Hellscape Castle
Hellscape caves

not to mention the priest dude going all The Thing on you for no real reason and becomes the final boss (that you an abuse with a glitch)
>>
>>376958791
Good thing is that Surge will probably become cheap quickly. I can see it for $15 on some summer sale.
>>
I thought it was fun if a bit unfair at times. It's mostly Souldrones hate it because it dared to tread on Souls.
>>
It's Dark Souls 2 made in China. Which is saying a lot since 2 already feels like a shitty knockoff
>>
>>376959090
it tired to be Souls but failed
>>
It was just too small. 3 classes, few skills in each one, short game, few bosses, small areas. On top of this, most of the character options that are there are fucking useless because of the game mechanics. Magic is useless, it's like trying to do magic only in BB. Heavy weapons are to slow to hit anything past the first area, enemies' stagger animations are shorter than the weapons' swing animations. Bosses are all big humanoid in armor with a big 2h weapon. It had a lot of potential, but it seems like they pinched it off halfway.

The Surge has me cautiously optimistic. My only gripe so far is if it will be worth the price with no online.

What I'm really fucking hype for is Absolver. We should talk about that instead.
>>
Its clunky. Weapons are illogically weighted, there is no reaction when you hit enemies or enemies hit you- your health just gets chunked. It's a poor souls clone in every regard.
>>
>>376959348
>>376959006
>Kill all bosses
>Expect to fight god in some extremely futile ant attempt
>"No"
>Get a shit final mutant boss instead
>>
>>376958095
>Why was Lord of the fallen so hated and disliked within the dark/demon's souls/bloodborne community? I've never played lotf.
This is a main reason you can't get it, when I first heard of it I was interested but when I played it the game was pretty boring and not that good. It felt like it was trying too hard to be like the good games it emulated without actually being good. I don't particularly like Souls games (I mean I like the combat but the games overall feel like they're missing something) but even I can tell some of the hate is justified. I admit though I didn't play long enough to really list all the reasons it is bad though
>>
File: The Great Kat.jpg (95KB, 586x589px) Image search: [Google]
The Great Kat.jpg
95KB, 586x589px
>>376958095
Pretty eh level design, crap combat, crap bosses and SvC-level hitboxes.

Also I think a lot of people have a bad taste in their mouth over LotF after those blatant CI marketers were spamming /v/ during 2014.
>>
File: 1493303554108.png (47KB, 632x852px) Image search: [Google]
1493303554108.png
47KB, 632x852px
>mfw i bought it for ps4 when it came out
>>
File: 1482549218554.jpg (33KB, 548x720px) Image search: [Google]
1482549218554.jpg
33KB, 548x720px
>>376958095
it takes everything bad from souls, learned the wrong lesson.

slow for sake of being slow is fuking stupid

and their new game The Surge has only 5 bosses.

what the fuck were they thinking
>>
>>376958095
The combat is garbage. Clunky, slow and dull. No character creation either, so you have to play as Bulk McLargehuge. Fuck that.
>>
>>376958095
Honestly those who loved DS2 probably loved this garbage because it's the same thing, they were just looking for something to hate on too because everyone else hated DS2.
>>
>>376959019
>>376959006
the surge already looks way better, the vertical and horizontal attack idea to take the gear you want seems interesting.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.