[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished the bachelor story, should I do the Haruspex playthrough?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: pathologic.jpg (610KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pathologic.jpg
610KB, 1920x1080px
Just finished the bachelor story, should I do the Haruspex playthrough?

Also Pathologic thread
>>
>>376955213
Haruspex for an alternate perspective on why the Bachelor and everything you probably just did was completely wrong and you're a total fucking cunt.

Changeling playthrough if you want to realize why they changeling is a total fucking cunt, and rigged the game so you'd both be fuck ups from the start
>>
I tried getting into this game but I honestly don't think I can. It's just really clunky and slow.

Marble Nest on the other hand seriously caught my interest.
>>
>>376955693
marble nest was made specifically for the underage skyrim nu-male audience with ADD

kys
>>
>reading dev blogs about the remake
I feel like I'm getting Todd'd hard. Wish they'd curb their enthusiasm just release the fucking game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcjpags7JT8
>>
>>376955213
I played this game a while ago and on day 8 or so the ridiculous back tracking and boring walking infuriated me so used the console to fly from person to person, still was fun
>>
>>376955769
I'm sure you can fit a few more buzzwords in there.
I like the themes, anon, but the systems are really dated.
>>
>>376955881
IPL's main writer is literally Russian Kojima, except he's completely in charge of the company and has them do whatever insane antics he thinks are necessary.

It must be the best job ever
>>
>>376955213
Haruspex is a more gameplay-oriented character. Most of his quests involve murdering and organ collecting. He also has a bunch of fun new mechanics and a rudimentary crafting system
>>
>>376956057
I understand, every time I push a button something awesome has to happen. Otherwise, I quit the game.
>>
File: pathologic_cosplay4.jpg (266KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
pathologic_cosplay4.jpg
266KB, 1280x960px
>>376956057
>>376955693
The gameplay gets quite frantic starting day 8 or so if that's what you seek, but at the core it's still a slow "le experience" game. You play it to get through one of the best stories in vidya and a comfy atmosphere of a dying mystical city, otherwise don't bother.
>>
Why does everything have to be so expensive? I can barely afford food
>>
>>376960741
Break into houses and you can find lots of food, but be careful because the male NPCs will attack you if you steal in front of them.

And wait for the hunchback and Barley the barley the barber quest, those will give you fuckton of money and you will be good for the rest of the game
>>
>>376961182
Oh yeah breaking in completely slipped my mind, also is there a mod anywhere if a better translation of the game? Its not too big an issue but it gets annoying at times.
>>
>>376960741
Prices are the lowest on Day 1 before shit hits the fan. You should've taken a hint and stockpiled as much food as possible. Then it's gets super expensive for a plague spike, then cheap again (too many people died/got sick to pay anyways). Also, learn barter system and molest little kids to get stuff from them, money is practically useless in this game, at some point you just start getting loads of it for doing quests.
>>
>>376960374
>The gameplay gets quite frantic starting day 8 or so if that's what you seek
It isn't, I realize the experience the game is trying to convey. I just feel like the game systems are clunky and don't do it too many favors. It's not about the buzzwords the other anon spoke of, it's things like how navigating the menus feels weird and really not very intuitive, how I'm supposed to memorize some runes to know what the game UI is trying to convey to me. And the player character is also quite literally just really slow, I don't frankly see the necessity for that. It feels like padding.

On the other hand, as I said, I really like the themes and what I've seen from the story. Daniil's desperation to fight against death felt really compelling to me.
>>
>>376960374
>comfy

There's nothing comfy about this game.
>>
>>376961435
>also is there a mod anywhere if a better translation of the game
Are you playing HD version? This one has rewritten translation. Otherwise wait for the remake in the end of the year.
>>
>>376961675
I am. Maybe I should just learn how sentences are structured in Russian or something.
>>
>>376961559
>getting fucked up on drugs and running from spooky disease clouds and rats isn't comfy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYwzxaGD6tg
>>
>>376961559
It has a nice sense of familiarity about it that people sometimes mislabel as 'comfy'. Even on your first playthrough by the last couple days you'll probably have memorized half the layout of the town, the shortcuts, which garbage cans to loot on the way to your destinations, what shops sell what.

It feels like home, even if it's dying and plague infested and rotting from the inside. There's a nice sort of feeling of relief from staggering home on low health and max exhaustion, chugging an entire bottle of methadone-soaked bandages and then conking out like a log for 5 measly hours until you have to get up and do it again.
>>
>>376955213
Here's the deal
Bachelor is basically EZ mode (which isn't saying a lot). It's (in my opinion) the fastest and easiest mode to play through.
Haruspex is hard mode. It's much harder to play through, but unlike the Bachelor's slow and steady decline from "manageable" to "oh god why is everything going wrong", it starts at the latter and slowly gets better over time.
Changeling is like a bonus story mode that I don't really know how to qualify. It's still tough, but not as much as Haruspex, and it's harder than Bachelor. I find it a lot of fun though and MAJOR FUCKING SPOILERS it's the only playthrough that has a chance at a Golden Ending
I recommend playing each.
>>
File: 20170329115140_1.jpg (432KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170329115140_1.jpg
432KB, 1920x1080px
This came just gets more atmospheric as it goes on
>>
>>376962445
Leading Ice-Pick Lodge designer actually apologized for Changeling and said that her character came out extremely underdeveloped due to time constraints and exists as an afterthought of sorts. She's the main writing focus in the remake.
>>
File: handlebars.jpg (828KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
handlebars.jpg
828KB, 1920x1080px
>>376962639
>She's the main writing focus in the remake.
oh boy oh jeez oh man
>>
>>376962639
>Bachelor: Oh fuck, fuck this stupid fucking town and it's goddamn rituals I just want to help you goddamn kikes
>Haruspex: No I didn't fucking kill my dad you assholes I just want to make a cure by exhuming corpses you supernatural shitheads
>Changeling: Heheh silly men! I'll just fix everything with my literally magic powers
You don't say.
>>
>>376962364
Somebody gets it. I like how familiar the town becomes as you play. It's also full of bro characters who just want to help you get through shit.
>>
>>376963047
>it's not my fault my identical evil twin sister did it and i can't prove it but i'll convince you by healing this guy!
>oops hehe i killed him lol that means he was a bad guy and deserved to die
>no but really imma good girl and the chosen one and i will save you all except the ones i kill by accident but yeah no they totes deserved it
I like Clara but I hope they give her better dialog options.
>>
>>376963381
And less hide and seek sidequests.
>>
File: 1471977150371.png (133KB, 250x481px) Image search: [Google]
1471977150371.png
133KB, 250x481px
>>376963530
>could be hiding in any floor on any house in the infected district of the day
I will gladly condemn an entire district to the plague if it means I don't have to wander into every single sentient fart cloud-infested hovel.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.