[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would YOU have done to keep Sega in the console business

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 21

File: 1200px-SEGA_logo.svg.png (49KB, 1200x400px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-SEGA_logo.svg.png
49KB, 1200x400px
What would YOU have done to keep Sega in the console business if you were in charge back in the 90s?
>>
>>376951097
> Let Tom Kalinske and Nick Alexander do their thing in the US and Europe.

> Release a GameGear Lite with longer battery life and smaller size.

> Delay Saturn and not release it until it is ready. Continue to strongly support the Genesis/Megadrive. Release the Saturn about 12-18 months later than what they did.

> Release Wondermega as final revision of Genesis/Megadrive.
>>
>>376951097
Dont make SEGA CD
Dont make Sega 32x
Invest in next generation (Saturn)
Make Sega Saturn completely 3D ready, not an afterthought.
Launch it proper marketing, and notify sellers of it's arrival.
>>
File: 01286875834.jpg (196KB, 710x960px) Image search: [Google]
01286875834.jpg
196KB, 710x960px
released dreamcast in fiscal Q1 2000 after people got out of their Y2K hysteria
>>
>>376951097
Made the dreamcast use dvds and put a stronger resistor in the controller port.

Nothing else besides not going with power pvr
>>
buy rare
>>
>>376952021
Oh and I forgot to mention I would have made windows ce not be with it.

>>376952049
This too
>>
>>376951097
Allah Ackbar'd Nintendo's corporate offices.
>>
>>376951841
/thread
>>
>>376951097
I would've actually localized some Saturn games.

I also would've avoided killing the 32X when it was still doing well in some markets. Basically, I would not have wasted the entire franchise on trying to fuck over SoA and SoE just because I dislike the success of those dirty gaijins.

That should put Sega on good enough footing to not immediately go under when the Dreamcast finally came out. And, possibly, not see all the Saturn games forgotten or thought to be PS1 originals.
>>
>>376951793
Pretty much, along with scrapping the 32X and not falling for the "no 2D games and ports of Japanese games" meme, because you'd need all the games you've got to compete with Sony at that point and the attention of all niche markets.
Then with the lack of financial loss generated from this, continue supporting the Dreamcast and market research if a DVD upgrade was feasible at the time before continuing on to the next console.
>>
File: 123984233282317.jpg (17KB, 421x348px) Image search: [Google]
123984233282317.jpg
17KB, 421x348px
Keep supporting the base Genesis, no add-on bullshit, until the Saturn was ready for 3D gaming
>>
You need to be more specific. When am I coming in? My answers will be completely different depending on if I'm coming in before the 32X/CD, before the Saturn, or before the Dreamcast.
>>
>>376951097
Focus on legacy title series like Nintendo
Not make so many add one for the genesis.
Adopt a games first philosophy.
>>
>>376955618
Before the 32X/CD.
>>
File: 0.jpg (40KB, 367x480px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
40KB, 367x480px
I loved Sega, had every NA system from the SMS to the Dreamcast (no Saturn), but they were impatient, trying to rush hardware and falling flat after a year every time. Genesis before SNES, SNES clearly superior. Saturn Before PS, PS clearly superior. Dreamcast before PS2 and Xbox, Dreamcast didn't even have dual analogues, dead before it started.

If Sega would have held off and waited a year and THEN released consoles with first party titles they would have kept up with Sony and together the two would have wrecked MS. We would still have Streets of Rage, Sonic wouldn't be a chili dog chasing joke, and a lot of franchises that died on the Dreamcast would probably be getting hyped up sequels in our next E3.

Sega could have just been patient, but NOOOOO, they just had to be first. The industry would have probably been better without MS, and I blame Sega for the way things are now. Pay to play online, micro-transactions, season pass, all of the worst things to happen to console gaming happened because MS was allowed to win after Sega went down.
>>
Sega failing was probably a good thing though. The console market was getting way too inflated with playstation's success and microsoft entering the business. I liked the days where there were only 2 major consoles, just enough for competition between companies.
>>
>>376955417
>>376951841
Pretty much these. No SEGA CD, no 32X, don't stop the production of the Genesis just because you are coming out with the Saturn, and acknowledge that 3D is going to be the next huge thing thus make the Saturn more geared towards that.

Also make it easier to develop for the Saturn.
>>
Focus on the Saturn on being the most Badass 2D machine ever made in an attempt to carve out a loyal niche audience, instead of trying to compete with the Playstation in 3D when it was never designed to do that.
>>
>>376956298
The Genesis coming out before the SNES was actually a good decision since it allowed them to actually get a good foothold.
>>
>>376956298

Genesis/MD was a massive success though, and excelled over the SNES in certain areas despite being much older. I mean, if you're going to sit down and draw up a score in terms of performance, SNES wins. But BLAST PROCESSING (tm) really did make the Genesis a better machine for arcade-style games.
>>
Release fewer FMV games on the Sega CD, and market stuff like Snatcher and Shining Force CD.
Never release the 32X.
Release a Game Gear revision with better battery life or a rechargeable battery.
Localize all those Japan exclusive Saturn games. Launch it about $100 less, and push a heavy marketing campaign. Release a 5th gen mainline Sonic game.
Add multimedia capabilities to the Dreamcast, such as DVD playback.
>>
>>376951097
Don't make the Nomad or 32X.

Develop the Saturn as a 3D console capable of being as arcade-accurate as possible while still being viable at $300. Don't bother with focusing on 2D.

Once the Saturn is ready for release, discontinue everything else. No more Genesis, no more Sega CD, no more Game Gear. Why? Shelf space. In the 90s retail shelf space was still king, and having the Genesis, CD, 32X, Game Gear, Nomad, hell even the Master System in some areas, only served to limit the Saturn's shelf space. Don't be afraid to import Japanese games into the US; this is the time where anime and other Japanese imports like Sentai are booming in popularity in the US so take advantage of it. And of course, don't do a stupid-ass surprise "available right now!" release.

Develop a successor to the Game Gear, but do so smartly so it's not a battery-draining resource hog. Can probably get away with it being a Game Gear with a larger screen and more efficient power drain.

And above all else, don't let STI try to develop a mainline Sonic game, god damn that was such a shit-show.
>>
File: segaisdead.jpg (341KB, 892x1200px) Image search: [Google]
segaisdead.jpg
341KB, 892x1200px
>>376957202
sega is way better than microsoft bro
>>
>>376952021
>Made the dreamcast use dvds

congratulation you just sank the company and created the xbox one price fiasco before microsoft entered the console market
>>
>>376951097
Simple: take up Sony on their offer. If we have the benefit of historical hindsight, why bother trying to fight against another competitor, especially one backed by a multi-billion dollar multi-industry international corporation, when I can make a deal with them instead? Imagine Sega's Model 2 arcade hardware in a console with the benefit of Sony's financial backing allowing it to be streamlined and, if necessary, sold at loss. Nintendo would be finished.
>>
>>376951097
not release the Saturn early
not release the 32X (dumb shit: supposedly Chaotix was a Saturn project at some time in development)
keep supporting the Game Gear

that's it
>>
Get the heads of SoA and SoJ together in one room.

Give them a simple order: "Either work together or your fired. I don't care about your stupid little xenophobia or cultural pride or any of that bullshit. You WILL work together or you can get out. NO EXCEPTIONS."
>>
Don't release the Sega CD or the 32X.

Put more focus on 3D graphics for the Sega Saturn and include a slot for Genesis games inside of it.
>>
>>376958207
>Don't bother with focusing on 2D.
Bad idea. The Saturn was godly as a 2D machine, and many of it's 2D games are still playable today. Why sacrifice that to have slightly better 5th gen 3D, that would still age horribly?
>>
>>376959239
Because nobody gave two shits about 2D in the mid-late 90s when 3D was the new flashy toy.
>>
Sell all assets to nintendo Sega was and always will be dead no matter the timeline.
>>
>>376959331

They already had years of R&D on the thing by the time they realized that was really an option

They should have just be the best 2D system of all time instead of being a mediocre PS1
>>
>>376951841

This sums it all up.

You follow these exact steps aswell as NOT stepping on Kalinskes toes and Sega would still be going strong.
>>
>>376952245
you would have saved the current timeline if nintendo never got so shitty
>>
>Not make the 32X, it has some great games, but there was no reason when the Saturn was coming out
>BRING SATURN GAMES OVER, FUCK
>Don't stealth launch the Saturn
>put a DVD player in the Dreamcast

I am very proud that none of you mentioned canning Shenmue, since in the grand scheme of things, Shenmue did barely any harm to Sega, Yu Suzuki even said this.
>>
File: segahq.jpg (100KB, 960x691px) Image search: [Google]
segahq.jpg
100KB, 960x691px
>think sega going third party would be a good thing
>literally all they have made since then that wasnt a cancelled dreamcast game is yakuza
>>
File: bcbbe925c776c1d0de20bf3d0654a4b4.png (439KB, 1055x974px) Image search: [Google]
bcbbe925c776c1d0de20bf3d0654a4b4.png
439KB, 1055x974px
make saturn better, get ps2 exclusives for dreamcast so it doesn't flop, release sega neptune, destroy nintendo.

pic related

>people ITT cite sega dying as a good thing because "Microsoft entered the market"
I threw up a bit. halo wasn't that good.
>>
File: NintendoPlaystation.jpg (101KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
NintendoPlaystation.jpg
101KB, 1280x720px
>tfw 1 foolish thing Nintendo did changed everything
>>
>>376951097
If they didn't botched the dreamcast they would still be in the console business.
>>
Everything mentioned here, and most important : get a mainline Sonic game for Saturn.
>>
>>376960334
dreamcast is the greatest console of all time dumb dumb
>>
>>376960262

Nintendo and the stupid old fucks in Sega of Japan.

As soon as Nintendo turned it down Sony went to Sega. Then the retarded, xenophobic old assholes said "What does Sony know about making games?" So Sony said fuck it and went solo.
>>
Disbanded Sega US completely. Focus on Japan only.
>>
>>376959960
microsoft is such dead weight. even at segas lowest point they were still making some good games.
>>
>>376960346
It's funny how Yuji Naka more or less killed the Saturn outside of Japan.

Yuji Naka is a cocknose though, so whatever.
>>
>>376960262

This.

The rise of the Playstation is proof that karma exists. Nintendo got what they deserved.
>>
>>376960373
It was a great console but day one piracy killed it
>>
>>376960262
>We get all the profits t. Sony :DDD
Naah, fuckem
>>
>>376960556
it had the most successful console launch of all time at that point and they fixed the piracy with the later models
>>
>>376960556
if you mean piracy of discs and roms, that doesn't even effect hardware sales. see psp.

and no one was downloading dreamcast games back then, folks were playing PSO on dialup.
>>
File: Gunvalkyriecover.jpg (31KB, 250x354px) Image search: [Google]
Gunvalkyriecover.jpg
31KB, 250x354px
>>376959960
The Xbox Hueg was essentially the Dreamcast 1.5
>>
>>376961698

Is that why it caused the death of Panzer Dragoon, JSR, Toejam and Earl, and Crazy Taxi?
>>
>>376960556
>piracy killed the Dreamcast
When will this meme end?
People forget that the Dreamcast existed during a time when broadband internet wasn't ubiquitous and CD burners weren't as widespread as they are today. Only a select few people even knew Dreamcast piracy was even possible.
>>
>>376961896
Futasugi leaving Sega killed Panzer Dragoon, doesn't also help that Team Andromeda is no more.

I'd say play Crimson Dragon, but lolXbone
>>
>>376961896
It's not Sega's fault that Microsoft only focused on pushing Halo.
>>
>>376951841
This is the only proper answer.
>>
>>376961896
Well I think his point is simply that the Xbox got many titles that would have appeared on the dreamcast, like crazy taxi 3, gunvalkyrie, toejam and earl 3, etc. And that in general theres a great library of sega games for the console.
>>
>>376961896
>JSR
You mean the series that was gonna get a new game but was immediately cancelled when SEGA was told someone wanted to release a wii game which wasn't sonic

dumbass tripfag
>>
>>376951841
>Make Sega Saturn completely 3D ready, not an afterthought.
Why? Garbage polygon graphics and dogshit awful hardware worked out really well for Sony.
>>
>>376961698
too bad none of those sega games sold well
>>376961896
this
>>
>>376961698

I fucking love this game but it has the harshest learning curve I have ever encountered and it destroys my thumbs
>>
>>376962403
it would have been worse on dreamcast. it originally was suppose to come with a lightgun and you were suppose to use it with one hand and the dreamcast controller with the other.
>>
>>376951097
Buy Rockstar and make GTA exclusive to Sega.
Every kid in america would have bought a Dreamcast.
>>
>>376962473

That sounds terrible and also like something I would have absolutely fallen in love with
>>
>>376962403
When i was younger I used to rent it and I didnt really appreciate it or "get it" but now I love it. It's not an amazing game but theres something about it I really like
>>
>>376952107
>Oh and I forgot to mention I would have made windows ce not be with it.
It was just an option. The vast majority of DC games use Sega's bare metal SDK.
>>
File: kenrocks.jpg (17KB, 413x550px) Image search: [Google]
kenrocks.jpg
17KB, 413x550px
>>376951841
I like how the idea is to just do what Sony did.
>>
>>376962636
What is Ken Kutaragi up to now adays anyway?

Besides being fucking crazy.
>>
>>376962709

Who cares. Isn't he the one who said "If anything, 600 bucks for a PS3 isn't enough" or something?
>>
>>376963005
He also didn't consider Microsoft to be a serious competitor
>>
>>376963005
Him or Kaz Harai. One of them also said to get another job to buy a PS3.
>>
>>376963239

Which one said "It doesn't matter the price, they'll buy it anyway"?
>>
>>376951841
This.

But also stop trying to be the first to market and end up underpowered.

And also stop trying to suppport consoles on arcade ports. Sega did those well and fighters and shumps shown on its consoles, but those were shrinking genre in the face of action, rpg, and platform titles which are uncommon in the shrinking arcade market.
>>
>>376959475
The question is what would I do to keep Sega in the console business. There is no correct answer that doesn't include making the Saturn a proper 3D console.
>>
Make Final Fantasy 7 and Dragonquest 7 Saturn exclusive. Game over PS1
>>
>>376963948

Ya know, the Saturn probably could have played DQ7 in its sleep.
>>
>>376964049
The Sega CD could have probably played it.

It was a pretty fucking ugly game when it came out.

Also, DQVII came out in 2000, it'd be on the Dreamcast if anything.
>>
>>376963948
This never would have happened, it was always going to either be Sony or Nintendo. Square and Sega had no history together, while Sony and Nintendo had been working closely with them for years
>>
>>376964353

Square, maybe. This was before they merged with Enix, though.

And Japan cares a Hell of alot more about DQ than they ever did about FF.
>>
>>376964470
Enix didn't have any history with Sega either.
>>
It's kind of hard to predict what would've happened during it's worst years. Sure we can point at the mistakes now, but was it really clear in the 90s?
>>
>>376964692
not at all, if you think sega was crazy with their ideas. lookup the history of the 3do
>>
>>376959926
I remember that Edge magazine cover.

I recall people saying how Sega would now dominate and it would all be glad confident morning.

I suspected it would end in tears and I was proved right. Sega's IPs and fanbase would be fragmented.

Sega should not have done exclusivity deals, they should have ported their Dreamcast library everywhere.
>>
>>376964692
>was it really clear in the 90s that fucking over your most productive branch, that killing a very successful product line, and that not selling your current console in the largest markets was a bad thing?
Yes.

Yes, it was very clear.
Sega of Japan, however, were still sure that they would still be fine after all that and would maintain their console presence with more work from their Japanese branch. Their ego was just too big to consider that they might fail, and the result for the entire company.

But for most people, I think that it was very clear how stupid the idea was even back then.
>>
>>376964470
Even without Square, Capcom and Konami pumped out a massive amount of quality games on the PS1. Even Nintendo took a beating despite their strong first party line up, where Sega's first party was never on that level and wilting by the Saturn.
>>
>>376964975
saying that nintendo took a beating is an understatement, they haven't recovered to this day
>>
>>376964975
I'd say Capcom supported the Saturn just as hard.

Infact, they told Sony to stick it if they didn't allow 2D games.

Konami on the otherhand was going the fucking 3DO and M2 route, which always baffles me. MGS was originally a 3DO game.
>>
File: file.png (357KB, 424x496px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
357KB, 424x496px
For one, not putting all your fucking worthwhile games on competing systems/PC. Funny to think that when Sega had their own consoles, they put their games on PC, but as soon as they became a publisher, they focus on single platform exclusivity.
>>
>>376965280
lol that shit is the only way I kept up with Sonic in the late 90s because my parents refused to get another console after the CD/32X fiasco.
>>
>>376965280
Sega thought they would get more money with the exclusivity deals than they would with port costs + the additional sales on another console. Remember that, back during the GameCube/PS2/Xbox days, console architecture was a bit different and porting between systems took effort. It wasn't like PS360 where the consoles were basically the same and so you could just put the game out on both easily.
>>
>>376965579
>Remember that, back during the GameCube/PS2/Xbox days, console architecture was a bit different

you mean the ps1/saturn/n64 days
>>
>>376959926
It is what happens when you don't have hardware at stake. Before SEGA had to not only compete against Nintendo, but many of the 3rd party games as well.
>>
>>376965579
> Basically, Peter Moore wanted a job at Microsoft so Sega IPs were sent to the XBox to die.

> Streets of Rage was never ported to GBA...I mean, come on, Sega, that should have been a no-brainer.
>>
>>376965712
Sega wasn't putting their games on other consoles during the PS1 era.
>>
>>376965579
Yet despite the PS4 and PC having extremely similar hardware and APIs, and Sega going on record to say that PC is their "most profitable platform", Sega refuses to put games like Yakuza or Project Diva or Initial D on PC because of, ahem, "licensing issues".
>>
File: segaps1.jpg (808KB, 1415x1400px) Image search: [Google]
segaps1.jpg
808KB, 1415x1400px
>>376966031
you sure about that bro?
>>
>>376965812
Sega had awesome first party devs Smilebit, Overworks, Hitmaker, Wavemaster, AM2, Sonic Team, UGA.

Now, all they have is Yakuza Team (reusing assets), and a shitty Sonic Team.

AM2, Overworks, Smilebit...they are all either dead or inactive now.
>>
>>376966092
That's because Sega's PC profitability comes from western companies and franchises like Total War and Football Manger, while Japan as a whole still treats PC like it's exclusive to shut-in pedos, so licensing issues probably is a legitimate excuse when it comes to Japanese games.
>>
File: thinking-face.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
thinking-face.png
53KB, 256x256px
>>376961698
>yakuza was exclusive to ps2 and that was a success and spawned several sequels
>smb was exclusive to gamecube and that was a success and spawned several sequels
>all sega games that were exclusive to the xbox sold like dog shit because the majority of people who owned an xbox didnt give a fuck about japanese games

hmm....really makes me think
>>
Yu Suzuki, Rieko Kodama, Noryoshi Oba, Makoto Uchida, Yuzo Koshiro, Bo.

All gone. ;-(
>>
>>376966270
Well, they've bought a bunch of companies in recent years which makes those technically Sega.
>>
>>376966141
>release date 2002
So, after the 6th gen already started? The Dreamcast was already dead at that point.
>>
>>376966270
Smilebit is doing the Olympics games now, which isn't the best use of their talent but they're not dead. UGA and Overworks got folded into Sonic Team. Hitmaker got folded into AM2, which still exists. Wavemaster is their music studio, and still exists. Most of what you're complaining about is just studios being renamed, but they still exist.
>>
File: shenmue3.jpg (205KB, 960x466px) Image search: [Google]
shenmue3.jpg
205KB, 960x466px
>>376966684
>yu suzuki
>gone

he never left.
>>
>>376966607
Thanks, Peter Moore.
>>
File: 23490823583.jpg (29KB, 375x673px) Image search: [Google]
23490823583.jpg
29KB, 375x673px
>>376960262
>MFW Nerds trying to act like Sony's the villain
Nintendo didn't fucking read the contract before signing and then tried to stab them in the back instead of renegotiating, they can get fucked
>>
>>376966747
6th gen started in 1998
>>
>>376966862
im surprised nintendo fucked that up. they are typically overprotective with their ips
>>
File: Sonic_X-treme_Coverart.png (222KB, 256x431px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic_X-treme_Coverart.png
222KB, 256x431px
Finish this game.
>>
>>376966973
At the time, the CD wars were pretty big and they were desperate for a partner when Sega had the tech division capable of producing CD players on their own, what gets me is that they were angry about Sony being able to have access to their IPs so they gave their IPs to Philips
>>
>>376966607
>Super Monkey Ball was exclusive to GameCube
Literally no it wasn't. When will this meme end?
SMB Plus on PS2/Xbox had every level from SMB 1&2 plus about 100 bonus levels exclusive to it.

Also, all 6th gen consoles had Sega games. Xbox had more exclusives than PS2 & GameCube though. GameCube mostly got Dreamcast ports. PS2 only really had the Yakuza games, Shinobi, and Nightshade (and I guess the Sega Ages ports).
>>
>>376967147
the first one was exclusive to the gamecube
>>
>>376967034
No, cancelling that game actually did less damage than releasing it would have. It would've been Sonic 06 ten years early.
>>
>>376966886
And? That only further supports the argument that the Sega game on PS1 was released past the PS1's prime lifetime.
>>
>>376967364
i was just correcting you
>>
>>376951097
How to keep Sega in the Console Industry
>Don't let Microsoft near Sega hardware
>Don't let Microsoft near Sega employees
>Invest in missile defense, save Segata
>>
>>376967147
>>376967224
The first two were exclusive, SMB Plus didn't come out until more than three years after the second game did. If it didn't do well on the GC then obviously they wouldn't have made SMB Plus in the first place.
>>
>>376951097
give Square-Enix the finest hookers possible so they can put FF7 on the Saturn
>>
>>376966607
>Toshihiro Nagoshi is responsible for both SMB and Yakuza
The fucking madman
>>
>>376966862
Nintendo executives trusted their lawyers to read the contracts and act in their best interest
They didn't realize their lawyers had more lucrative jobs lined up with Sony.
That whole thing was super dirty on Sony's part.
>>
>>376966772
>>376966727

Sega, the company, still very much exists.

Sega, the brand, is long dead.

The Creative Assembly brand is what sells Total War. Sports Interactive is the brand that sells Football Manager. Hatsune Miku is the brand that sells Hatsune Miku.

Yakuza is their big "gangster chic" success Sega IP in Japan, but a niche in the West

Their only self-created and globally recognized Sega IP is Sonic, which has been mired in mediocrity and inconsistent quality.
>>
>>376967224
>i can't read
Super Monkey Ball Deluxe has all the content from Super Monkey Ball 1&2 plus a shitload of exclusive bonus content. There's literally no reason to get SMB 1&2 on the GameCube.

>>376967534
This is equivalent to saying timed exclusives are not multiplats. SMB 1&2 are essentially timed exclusives on the GameCube.
>>
>>376967838
i really hate people like you
>>
>force the US and Japan branch to get along
>mainly by making Japan accept that US knows what the fuck it's doing because seriously they fucking sabotaged themselves
>also fire bernie stolar on the goddamn spot
>>
>>376967947
What is incorrect about anything I said?
>>
>>376968282
>>
>>376967838
You're missing the point, the point is that it started on the Gamecube and became successful from then on.
Nobody's trying to sell you anything.
>>
>>376967838
SMB controls better on the Gamecube
>>
>>376967546
Why is this nigga so tan?
>>
File: nagoshi1revised.jpg (136KB, 900x678px) Image search: [Google]
nagoshi1revised.jpg
136KB, 900x678px
>>376969058
He's into weird Japanese fashion culture
>>
>>376967546
>>376969171
Yo. GALO SENGEN
>>
Keep Peter Moore and get bought by Microsoft instead of a gambling company.
>>
File: IMG_20170514_173417.jpg (268KB, 2047x1400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170514_173417.jpg
268KB, 2047x1400px
Finish and complete Sonic Xtreme on the Saturn so it could be a system seller similar to Mario 64.

Quit the infighting at Sega of America and Sega Japan and localize some RPGs for the Saturn in the West
>>
File: 432945667.jpg (29KB, 348x235px) Image search: [Google]
432945667.jpg
29KB, 348x235px
>>376969967
>Wanting the fucking people who ruined 7th gen and killed Rare in charge of Sega
Fuck you
>>
>>376951841
>>376951793

Most of these. I think Sega CD could have been done well. But they half assed the support for it and the model one CD was pretty unreliable.

A big factor into their downfall was the poor communication and teamwork from sega japan and sega US.

>make the Sega CD cheaper (300 fucking dollars on launch? cheaper plus bundle deals)
>pour the resources that were wasted on the 32x into the sega CD
> Don't create or waste anytime on the Sega nomad
>Make the gamegear more portable (lol) and incentivize 3rd party devs to make games for it
>take the time to work on the saturn
>>
>>376971050
The OG Xbox was originally designed by former SEGA employees and plus MS and Sega had business history together such as getting Windows on the Dreamcast. If MS bought Sega then we could've still had them in the market and Peter Moore was based af as a Sega of America head before he became an EA shill
>>
File: 1472368743473.jpg (76KB, 521x521px) Image search: [Google]
1472368743473.jpg
76KB, 521x521px
>>376967546
>>376969171
Is this a Gyaru DILF?
>>
>Initial D Arcade Stage Zero doesn't have Eurobeat
???
>still stuck with only Extreme Stage with only 4th Stage Eurobeat
The fuck they thought it was a good idea to remove Eurobeat for AS Zero?
Thread posts: 139
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.