[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unreal vs Quake Champions I'd read a little while ago that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Unreal-Tournament-download-free.jpg (173KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Unreal-Tournament-download-free.jpg
173KB, 1920x1080px
Unreal vs Quake Champions

I'd read a little while ago that people were worried QC would overshadow UT. After playing quite a bit of the beta, this really isn't a justified fear anymore. QC brings nothing to the table. It's stale and outdated mechanics plus the worst parts of games like Overwatch. I've always been a fan of both, but this mess is a worse version of Quake Live at best. They didn't add anything but "champion powers" and made all the guns feel very weak and bland. I've always been a fan of both, but holy fuck does UT hold a strong advantage here. The only real competition unreal has is Titanfall 2, but I think it offers enough to separate itself.
I implore everyone to try out the quake beta, and I really want to hear how I'm wrong because right now I'm a little pissed. I assumed it would be good and bought the shirt forever ago. Now it just feels like I wasted a whole lot of effort and caring.
>>
UT4 is dead
>>
QC will overshadow UT because it's actually going to come out and not stay in alpha. I mean, QC is fucking horrible and a disgrace to the Quake name but actual marketing + actually coming out is something that will actually bring in players.
UT4 > Shit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> QC
>>
I got a code of quake champions, if someone cares about it I'll give it away because I don't.
>>
>>376948217
>t. epic
>>
>>376948390
No, I'd just rather play QL over UT4 or QC. I wish QC was just QL HD with some minor changes.
>>
>>376947852
>You can play UT4 on Linux, and UDK & UE4 games are heavily optimized for Linux

>Quake Champions does not have Linux support nor does Bethesda plan to probably

I think we all know who the "real winner" is. With the increasing instability of Windows's networking due to retarded phone home shit that wastes bandwidth and debacles like the recent ransomware scare, more and more pro gamers are going to move to Linux for the promise of network stability once all of their games are there.

Pretty much every Valve game released supports Linux with killer performance that compares well to Windows, and almost every UDK (Unreal Development Kit) game supports Linux now.

What Epic Games is doing is building an engine that will allow for developers to easily create games and port them to any platform. Eventually, a lot of players will use Linux soley due to the fact that it's free and if you take the game seriously you don't have to worry about retarded microsoft bloat getting in your way.
>>
They released UT4 way too early.
>>
>>376948713
""""""""""released""""""""""
>>
One has players and one doesn't.
>>
>>376948752
Exactly, they put out a pre-alpha with UE4 ages ago it seems and now no one gives a shit. They should have waited.
>>
>>376948626
Are you actually so delusional, you think anyone besides some programmers and wannabe programmers will ever use Linux? Jesus fuck, anon - get a grip.
>>
File: 1438705104496.jpg (31KB, 504x336px) Image search: [Google]
1438705104496.jpg
31KB, 504x336px
>>376948626
>Eventually, a lot of players will use Linux soley
Even Valve gave up on that dream.

Gamers want all the games and Linux isn't replacing shit until Devs start bringing everything to Linux. Which will probably never happen.

And let's not get started on the topic of legacy software. WINE is a giant pain in the ass.

Hell I don't even like using Linux beyond having simple Web Browsing/Torrent Downloading. You know why, because I don't like having to fuck around with Kernals and Distributions to install the most simple of software.
>>
>>376948361
Here.
The missing part is the number of a well known home console backwards.
Leave a (you) if someone redeems it so no one loses his time trying to redeem a used code.
>>
Quake Champions will have more players than UT4.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>376948361
>>376949313
You can get a code just by requesting it in the page, it's pretty much an open beta now.
>>
>>376947852
Now watch as UT slowly adopts those worst parts of Overwatch when they finally figure out how to monetize it.

And what did the dead UT alpha bring to the table? Hats? Your bias is showing.
>>
>>376948626
2017 year of the desktop Linux.

Thanks for the laugh.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.