[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gonna actually play SMT IV now that I got a 3DS again. Need advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: smt-iv-1.jpg (189KB, 1333x779px) Image search: [Google]
smt-iv-1.jpg
189KB, 1333x779px
Gonna actually play SMT IV now that I got a 3DS again. Need advice on builds though. I remember having trouble early game and I'm like 99% sure it was cus my build was trash.

I heard ST does nothing this game. Is that right? Can you do DX only builds or do you need MA to be viable? I was thinking 2 DX, 2 LU, 1 AG
>>
You should play a real SMT game like Nocturne or Strange Journey, instead of that garbage you just posted.
>>
>>376947297
>real SMT game like Nocturne
Sure buddy
>>
>>376947179
Magic is where it is at, as it is in a lot of SMT games. Your character can't get some OP spells and using a demon for phys is bretty gud.
>>
File: Minotaur_SMTIV_Full_Artwork.jpg (159KB, 698x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Minotaur_SMTIV_Full_Artwork.jpg
159KB, 698x1280px
>>376947179
>Hi
>>
>>376947672
*can get OP spells
>>
SMT IV is so bad that's not even funny

Don't even bother
>>
>>376947179
Earlygame is always pretty brutal, mainly because of a lack of skills/demons and the high damage metagame. I;d say, try to get fog breath early on and shoot for 30 speed before arriving to Tokyo
>>
File: IMG_2237.jpg (186KB, 853x514px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2237.jpg
186KB, 853x514px
>>376947767
>>
>>376947297
>trippy neon wasteland simulator with no story
>let's use EO engine to shit out an SMT-ish dungeon crawler in less than a month
When you say REAL SMT you better mean 1, 2 and if.
Or perhaps Devil Summoner and Soul Hackers but that's a bit of a stretch.
>>
Choose either Dx or Ma. Dx for some reason in IV boosts physical skills higher than St does, in addition to gun skills.

Personally, I think magic's more fun because then you're able to exploit weaknesses, smirk more, and get press turns quicker. Downside is your move list will be more filled with attacks instead of buffs or debuffs, but I always left that up to demons.

Either way, I'd say try to put at least 3 of your 5 points each level into damage. Each one's like a flat 1.5 base damage added to any attack, with buffs/weaknesses/smirk multiplying it, with the absolute strongest endgame skills being around 100 base power. Means as early as like level 30, a person who put 4 ma in each level compared to one who went 2 ma will do more with agi than the other guy does with agidyne.
>>
>>376947179
3 dex/1 agi/1 luck is the basic build, yours should be fine.

>>376947297
speaking of Nocturne, what stats should I focus on? I've been pumping strength and put maybe 2-3 points in agility. I just beat Forneus.
>>
>>376948157
I WILL
>>
File: tumblr_nf00xxNouU1rpsmato1_1280.jpg (369KB, 550x760px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nf00xxNouU1rpsmato1_1280.jpg
369KB, 550x760px
Dex and Magic builds are very viable and both hit stupidly hard, magic is generally preferred due to its versatility and variety, I would say +5 into main stat, then 2/3 into Agility and Luck per level up.

Also, don't be fooled when you get a stat to 200, it can keep climbing, meaning you can be a ridiculous powerhouse far above any of your demons when it comes to damage.

As for demons, just fuse them around regularly and you shouldn't have too much trouble, save often.
>>
>>376947672
Physical outscales magic in the mid-late game.
>>
>>376949158
Mainly pump strength and a bit of agility, vit here and there. Magic you can put up a bit after you've maxed the others, and luck you should never touch unless you have maxed everything else since it literally does nothing.

Also don't put any stat above 30, because magatamas will push it to 40 by that point and it can't go above, so it'd just be wasted.
>>
>>376949472
Scaling in IV's 100% linear and the same for every move. You'll see the same increase in power from 10 Mag to 20 Mag as you'll see from 989 Mag to 999 Mag.
>>
>>376949554
Thanks man
>>
>>376949192
END It
>>
>>376949554
Where is this info from that luck does nothing? I thought it affected ambush rate, crits, drops and that sort of thing.
>>
>>376949091
I find Dex fun in its own way. You get more multi hit moves, Fang Breaker is a cheap debuff and attack all in one, high crit skills like Titanomachia allow you to get smirks even on enemies that resist physical. You also get more extra slots to play with due to the fact that there are fewer core skills.
>>
>>376947179
That build or 3D, 1L, 1A are good. Dex scales physical/pierce skills better than strength, and the gun can be loaded with elemental ammo (ammo is infinite) to hit weaknesses if you know beforehand what the weakness is. There are also physical/almighty skills which will ignore physical resistance. Then you are able to get crits which makes you objectively better than spells, especially since both use SP instead of health percentage like other games.

I suggest still plopping one heal and one revive spell on the MC until you get far enough in the apps so that your stock regenerates SP. Prioritize skill slots and SP regen over all others.
>>
>>376950082
THUS
>>
>>376950306
I forgot to mention that the MC makes a better physical striker since the demons built around physical have points wasted in Strength when you should be prioritizing Dex. On the flip side, there are plenty of decent magic based demons.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.