[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Western games are such trash! *plays Senran Kagura: Super Shovelware

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

File: think.jpg (5KB, 262x193px) Image search: [Google]
think.jpg
5KB, 262x193px
Western games are such trash!
*plays Senran Kagura: Super Shovelware edition*
They are always re-using assets like CoD does every year
*plays through copy pasted Neptunia dungeon for the nth time*
Western games only care about cinematic cutscenes
*sits through half hour Persona 5 cutscene*
and western devs try to milk you dry with their DLC!
*buys all ~$800 worth of DoA5 DLC*
And don't get me started on SJWs trying to force LGBT into our games!
*plays Valkyrie Drive*
>>
>>376939210
This.
I am glad you posted this. I will add:

Western devs milk their series and IPs like cows
*proceeds to spawn multiple series with two-digit numbers*
>>
File: HDD-Forms.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
HDD-Forms.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>blatant waifubait / fanservice
>Resuses same monster, weapon, map, textures and other for every single game
>Main character's quirkiness and spontaneous oneliners get old by the second game
>Main character's jokes grow more cringeworthy and forced in each installment
>supporting characters are all one dimensional
>barely any character development
>literally designed to be a meme game
>The social commentry about the vidya industry is not intelligent or thought-provoking
>panders heavily to waifu worshippers
>Needless pedobait / sexualisation of children. Even fucking toddlers (Peashy)
>boring, uninspired dungeons every single game
>fetch quests that are even more shallow than those found in MMORPGs
>Visual novel style conversations that drag on forever
>Nepgear has no reason to exist
>Have to consult a fucking guide to get the true ending every time
>Forced to play the game again because you'll always get a shitty ending the first time
>Stella's Fucking dungeon
>Shitty yuri crap / lesbian undertones
>EXE drives break everything
>Combat requires almost no strategy.
>Developing Plans is fucking tedious
>blatant waifubait / fanservice
>Resuses same monster, weapon, map, textures and other for every single game
>Main character's quirkiness and spontaneous onelines get old by the second game
>Main character's jokes grow more cringeworthy and forced in each installment
>supporting characters are all one dimensional
>barely any character development
>The social commentry about the vidya industry is not intelligent or thought-provoking
>Needless pedobait / sexualisation of children. Even fucking toddlers (Peashy)
>Visual novel style conversations that drag on forever
>Nepgear has no reason to exist
>Have to consult a fucking guide to get the through ending every time
>Forced to play the game again because they always you'll always get a shitty ending the first time
>Stella's Fucking dungeon
>Shitty yuri crap / lesbian undertones
>Combat requires almost no strategy.
>>
Bump. The truth needs to be spread.
>>
File: cerberus8.png (891KB, 640x905px) Image search: [Google]
cerberus8.png
891KB, 640x905px
>>376939210
sniff my cunny loser
>>
>>376939210
SHUT UP DUMB NIGGER
>>
Senran Kagura is great
>>
>>376939210
But Senran Kagura 2 is a legit good game if it wasn't rushed out of the door.
>>
>>376941631
The first game was better and more fun as a beatemup. Air combos aren't even viable in 2 and do 0 damage.

They peaked at release and became anime cod afterwards.
>>
>>376940847
I saw what you did anon you piece of shit
>>
File: 1479072741937.jpg (612KB, 622x2200px) Image search: [Google]
1479072741937.jpg
612KB, 622x2200px
>>376939210
This is why Western gaming will always be superior.

Reminder that Japshit only seems to attract one audience: basement-dwellers.

Western gaming, on the other hand, has used the power of immersion and actual marketing to attract a more diverse and widespread audience by not pandering to the lowest common denominator.
>>
>>376939210
日本がそれをするときは大丈夫です
>>
If you want mechanical/gameplay depth, play Japanese games.
If you want story/writing, play Western games.

But to be honest, you'd be better served just reading a book. And all the more interesting game stories in my experience have been from Japanese games.

>b-but planescape torment is re-
I've played that. It's pretty ok, if a bit bloated.
>>
>>376943181
DF/CDDA are deeper that 99% of jap games mechanically
>>
>>376943470
they also have UI's that look like ass and have more RNG then penny stocks
>>
>>376942567

Unironically agree.
>>
File: 1353842524282e6qun[1].gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1353842524282e6qun[1].gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>376943470
If you have fun with spreadsheets and just making sure you have higher numbers than you did 10 minutes ago, more power to you.

I like real videogames. Fun videogames.
>>
>>376943181

t. Ken Sama.

I sure want to play all those excellent japanese games. They make nothing but quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWhRn0_5Q04
>>
File: download (1).jpg (8KB, 223x226px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
8KB, 223x226px
>>376942567
>Most of the games listed in Great and the above tiers are more than 10 years old
can't make this shit up.
>>
>>376944240
If you want to play this semantics game, Revolution 60 by the hit game developer Brianna Wu is a Western videogame, while this is a fun Japanese Vita game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K08AktcvO6o
>>
>>376944150

Sure, like all those turn based JRPG's, right?. Quality gameplay my ass. Japan makes the same amount of shit games than the west.
>>
>>376944570
Like all what turn based JRPG's? Legend of Legaia? Shin Megami Tensai? Suikoden? Grandia?

You don't think these games are as fun or interesting as garbage like baulders gate?
>>
>>376945039

Hell no, any game with turn based combat is automatically trash.
>>
>>376945250
If not trash, how would you explain the gameplay of baulders gate or diablo?
>>
>>376944570
Everybody in v: Man, it sure seems japanese games like persona 5, bloodborn, nier, nioh, yakuza 0, are better than most western game coming out today.
People like you: THERE WEEBSHIT!!!!
>>
>>376945428

Haven't played them, but i have played some of your beloved turn based JRPG's, oh boy, what a chore. Why you retarded weebs like those?.
>>
But can't I like both?
>>
>>376944470
I know. It's hilarious how manchild casuals call nips the greatest devs yet they're still over a decade behind in terms of quality.
>>
>>376945581

You can only name those as honest quality japanese games. The rest are weeb "Super moe pantsu adventures: hurt feelings edition" trash.
>>
>>376945720

Only reasonable way to go.
>>
>>376939210
I agree with your post except the Valkyrie Drive part
Western devs force lesbians because they think they're making some deep social commentary and they want to be 'progressive' and 'diverse'.
Valkyrie Drive does it because girls making out is fucking hot
>>
There is a strong correlation between liking Western rpg's and being a cuckold.
>>
>>376946227
Why do people always say this? What makes you think that nips adding homos to their games isn't some statement, and just for "hot girls lol". Just because Japan isn't as politicized as the west does bot mean that the devs don't have the same intentions, it's just that they're smart enough to not say it in public. Fucking double standard weebshits.
>>
Ok but Japan is absolutely fucking destroying the west this year.
>>
>>376947000
Wasn't trying to say japanese games are bad, I'm playing through Persona 5 (yes despite attacking it's cutscene length in the OP post) right now and it's my GOTY, I was pointing out how retarded weeb (actual weebs, people who play japanese shovelware like Senran Kagura and Neptunia) standards are. How they think everything wrong is okay when Japan does it.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-05-14-04h09m22s711.png (315KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-05-14-04h09m22s711.png
315KB, 640x480px
>>376947713
Some people actually like the Musuo Genre, something that's both only done in Japan and only done by like, three devs. Senran's gonna thrive in a dead market.
I dunno about Neptunia.
>>
wow why the game with $1M budget is worse than one with $50M budget???????????????????????????????????? mystery
>>
>>376947713
for each Senran Kagura and Neptunia I can show you 50 other shovelware games from Steam made in west
>>
The only reason i bought and played Senran Kagura and neptunia is because of the girls and moe elements, not because i seriously think they are better games. Am i a bad person for doing that?
>>
>>376948771

And i can show you the whole Vita library.
>>
>>376949585
Yes you are Senran Kagura is a quality brawler like Dynasty Warriors the naked girls are inconsequential.

Neptunia is shit and not defend able.
>>
>>376946227
Valkyrie Drive unironically pushes for gay marriage. Now I don't have a problem with that but it certainly doesn't pass the autismo "SJW" smell test people push here. I think Niet Automata would have been a better example as Emil is gay as fuck and is basically a Christ like figure when you get the whole story.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.