[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've never played a MOBA before and was thinking of trying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: 1234436476.png (62KB, 632x395px) Image search: [Google]
1234436476.png
62KB, 632x395px
I've never played a MOBA before and was thinking of trying one, which one should I try first?
>>
ASSFAGGOTS
>>
Don't do it.
You have so much to live for.
>>
>>376935119
Don't
>>
Quake
Counter-strike
Call of Duty
Smash
>>
DOTA
>>
if you REALLY have to play one it's battlerite but you should prob just ignore then genre unless you're 15 years old
>>
You've never played ANY?

If it's legitimately your first go at it, I'd say start with Dota 2. If you can learn all the bits of Dota then all of the other ones will be a cake walk for you. Not saying it's the best. Definitely most complex though.
>>
>>376935221
why do people keep using this term? like where did it even come from?
>>
>>376935119
>was thinking of trying one
don't. do not
>>
>>376935119
Dota 2, ignore the contrarian shitposters on here. They're all either too retarded to learn and/or shitposting to fit in
>>
File: 2014_03_03_BattlePartyLogo_B-2.jpg (68KB, 752x453px) Image search: [Google]
2014_03_03_BattlePartyLogo_B-2.jpg
68KB, 752x453px
>give it an honest go with 2 friends, max pancakes
>>
File: thr.png (80KB, 455x455px) Image search: [Google]
thr.png
80KB, 455x455px
>ASSFAGGOTS
>>
>>376935538
>>376935606
Guess I'll go with Dota then, also what do you guys think about Heroes of the Storm? How does it compare to Dota?
>>
>>376935552
Some butthurt /v/irgin noticed people liked things he didn't like so he decided to come up with a better acronym and so he did.
>>
>>376935552
lurk moar
>>
its better not to dive into that world, but if you really must here is a breakdown from my experence of playing mobas for about 12 years now

Smite: the easiest to get into but doesnt go allt hat deep, can be fun for a little bit but gets stale quickly.

LoL: the middle ground, not as easy to get into as smite but not as hard to get into as dota; ok depth but not amazing; also the grinding for champs is a rough system when you also have to save up IP for runes (at least this was the case when I last played it, and it has been awhile)

DotA: the hardest to get into, but also has the most you can get out of it if your willing to really invest yourself into the genre, all the heroes are free which is nice and theres no micro transactions that actually effect the gameplay

winning a game in any of these feels amazing and has a similar effect to a low grade drug where you will keep playing and not actually enjoying the time your spending doing it just to get that next win for a hit of dopamine, and it will never get as good as the first couple times you really crush a game after learning to play. from that point on its all downhill
>>
dota 2 with some hots on the side
>>
>>376935732
I play hots when I'm tired and cant concentrate on dota properly
>>
Don't do it. You'll become toxic, you stop enjoying video games for a while and become a frustrated idiot who will look back and thingken of playtime. Just be a smart man and quit before you even start.

But if you really must, pick Dota. Only one really there with mechanics, animations and production value in general. Pick a Pudge or Night Stalker or jungle Legion for maximum cry me a river potential.
>>
File: 1432724756686s.jpg (7KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
1432724756686s.jpg
7KB, 250x241px
>>376938052
>jungle Legion
>>
File: 1425867323389.jpg (37KB, 360x479px) Image search: [Google]
1425867323389.jpg
37KB, 360x479px
>>376938052
>toxic
>>
>>376935732
HoTS is a moba for people who hate mobas. its the most simplified out of all of them and easiest to get into. its ok to mess around with and doesnt take a lot of concentration.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.