[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>8th gen JUST getting started with good PS4 exclusives, Switch,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 11

File: WxPyn[1].png (143KB, 576x489px) Image search: [Google]
WxPyn[1].png
143KB, 576x489px
>8th gen JUST getting started with good PS4 exclusives, Switch, and that other one no one cares about
>some afterthought upgraded versions of the consoles are out/going to be out soon for people who don't own a PC
>consoles are down in price, this year is shaping up to be a good year for games
>"lol time for 9th gen"
What the FUCK is this shit? Have they completely lost their minds? The 8th gen is still in its fucking infancy. In 2015 the PS4 had one (1) game. Now we have multiple, and more on the way. But these idiots want a PS5 already? WHY
>>
>>376925316
They are both out of their minds, AND smart (yet heartless) biz men.

At the same time, we are also returning back to the original console-generation lengths of around 5 years. The 7th gen was a huge exception in the formula, and lasted over twice longer than ever before.
>>
>>376925316
>Man who predicted that Sony would release the PS4 Slim predicted the PS5 would come out next year
>The same Sony who released slim versions of all their consoles
>Oh, and let's ignore that the guy made the exact same prediction last year about the PS5 being released in 2017
The bigger problem here is shit journalism
>>
>still no ES game for this gen
What the fuck is Bethesda thinking?
>>
>>376925316
the 8th gen started in 2013 my friend.

nothing will ever have the catalog size of ps1/ps2 -- the cost of development at these graphics levels is too high. unless you count indie games (you don't).

it's a find time for a new gen.
>>
>>376925316
Of course an analyst would be talking out of their ass. You can't spell analyst without anal.
>>
>>376925316
and neo /v/ will buy it too.
>>
I like how we are still getting ports this gen AND analysts still don't know anything in 2017.
>>
>>376925316
Most people that buy consoles buy them for multiplats.

>>376925736
I still think it's going to be something retarded like a PS4 Pro Slim and a price reduction on the regular slim. That'd be in line with the new hardware he's predicting, and the increased revenue he's predicting too.
>>
File: 1479707846934.jpg (396KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1479707846934.jpg
396KB, 1920x1080px
>>376926198
>the cost of development at these graphics levels is too high.
bullshit excuse people spread.
Like with all tech, the prices only go down as time passes. Just look at games like Serious Sam 3 and Talos Principle, both which can be considered to be "AA" titles, and were achieved with mere 500k$ budgets and created by a team of less than 20 guys. Not to mention AAA studios love to recycle and outsource stuff all the time, even use stock library effects.

if money would seriously be an issue, the AAA fucks should stop wasting TENS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS on goddamn marketing.
>>
>>376925316
because the 8th gen was obsolete before it even released?
>>
>>376925316
Can't wait to buy Uncharted 4 and The Last of Us again for my PS5
>>
>>376926826
All consoles are obsolete when they're released. They're low-powered shitheaps that hold gaming back by ten years.
>>
>1994: PSX
>six year later
>2000: PS2
>six years later
>2006: PS3
>seven years later
>2013: PS4
>five years later
>2018: PS5?

I really don't buy it.
>>
>>376926743
>and were achieved with mere 500k$ budgets and created by a team of less than 20 guys.
I disagree with those numbers because 20 guys making 20k a year working on a game for a year is already 400k and that only accounts for their salaries and nothing else. That's also way lowballing what their salaries would be since there's no way they'd be working for just 20k and I don't think they worked on those for just 1 year either.
>>
>>376927072
But the PS2 and PS3 were impressive when they were released.
>>
>>376925573
And was probably the best generation for exclusives, stability, couch co-op. I loved my 360 and would gladly trade this whole console generation for those days playing games over XB live with friends
>>
>Last gen consoles had a 10 year span
>People think current gen, which have already had mid-gen upgrades, will last 5 years
We the iPhone generation now. We'll get 2 yearly mid-gen updates with slightly more power for the next 15 years or so at least.
>>
>>376925316
ps3 is no measure

ps3 gen lasted way too long to be representative
>>
>>376927184
You're forgetting that Croteam's a bunch of slavs. Monthly salaries of over 1000€ are luxurious as hell in eastern europe. I should know, I was offered a place as a certain online game's helpdesk service person, and salary was 1300 eurobucks.

Everything else holds truth as well. SS3 was made with mere 500 000 dollars, all in-house, and they only recently increased their staff numbers in order to be able to work on multiple projects (VR shit + SS4 and Talos2).

>I dont think they worked on those for just 1 year either
of course not. Not everyone's a fucking EA / Ubisoft with funds or needs to release yearly update trash.
>>
Will the actual next generation of consoles give us a cool feature instead of just "better grafix"?

The history has been going from simple 2D graphics and cartridges to CDs and nice 3D but what will be next?
Holograms or some shit?
>>
>>376927609
We've more or less hit a mild plateau with tech. There will always be advances but they'll be seen in less raw graphical power and more in interesting backend advances to make things more efficient, handle larger and more complex systems, etc. When you approach photorealism it takes a significant amount more time to make things look better. Years of artists' work goes into it.
>>
>>376927609
Things won't change greatly. The next gen will probably follow the Switch in that the console will also have a portable aspect, but that's about as far as it'll outside of better graphics and performance.
>>
>>376927609
Such features are typically regarded as gimmicks.
>>
>>376927072
says the guy who has never paid for a video game.

>>376925316
this analyst is dumb, there's no need until 4k television adoption and content becomes wide spread and/or Vue takes off then Sony will need a PS5 with a DVR for live content.

game wise AAA studios even with extra power of the Pro haven't been able to match Uncharted 4, so again there's no rush, no one who actually owns a PS4 is screaming bloody murder for 4k 60fps.
>>
>>376925736
>keep predicting the PS5 will come out next year
>will eventually be right
You're going to look silly once he gets it right.
>>
>>376927609
There'll be a big VR push with all consoles having the capacity to make it work well. They might even try bundling it in with the console. This is just another retarded gimmick bandwagon to jump on, of course, much like motion control, that will eventually drift into obscurity.

In terms of graphics, though, games have basically plateaued out. You will see improvements of course, but it's no longer the significant jumps that clearly delineated one generation from the next as was the case previously.
>>
>>376925316
>implying Sony is not a money eating cunt and won't do anything special to get it the easy way

My boy, are you oblivious? They make you pay for playing MP games and they issued PS Pro with a plane motor strapped inside so it makes those idiotic noises.
>>
>>376928640
VR will always be an expensive gimmick so will probably be dropped after this gen.
AR is much cheaper to implement and has more practical uses but I don't know if videogames of a wider scale than Pokemon Go will ever really embrace it.
>>
>>376928640
I hope the VR push succeeds.

And yeah. making games look any better would be very expensive.

We'll have to 3D scan all environments because modeling perfectly photo realistic shit will be expensive as fuck.
>>
File: 1446218882308.jpg (77KB, 814x500px) Image search: [Google]
1446218882308.jpg
77KB, 814x500px
>PS5
>playstation 5
PSV would sound better but still, we're getting up there.
>>
>>376928882
>VR will always be an expensive gimmick
That's not true, and also not why it's not succeeding this time and not why it will never be standard. Tech will eventually catch up such that everyone will have some sort of few hundred dollar machine that can do it will enough.

The problem is that until you can just jack your nervous system into the game, there's always going to be a physical aspect to it and that's not why people play videogames. The vehicle simulator ones can get away with it more, but things like RE7 are about as good as it gets for games not making you walk around to move and it's always going to be restricted by people not wanting to get massive headaches or sick,
>>
>>376929060
>PSV
You mean the Vita?
>>
People say the graphics have plateaued but there's still sectors that need improvement. If I can kind of summarise:

>Graphics - raw poly counts and textures - pretty much getting there in terms of how much these can be visibly improved
>Performance - resolution and framerates - 4K 60fps will be the next standard
>Aesthetics - Lighting, particles, effects etc - Bring graphics up to CGI movie level
>Animation - self explainatory
>AI - self exlainatory - Basically trying to get things to perform realistically as well as look realistic in order to bridge the uncanny valley
>>
>>376929395
Vita died really fast. If they take Analyst's idiotic demand, then Sony will die.
>>
>>376927609
Back to cartridges. They make cartridges now that can easily hold hundreds of gigabytes, there's no reason to keep using useless discs that do fucking nothing but install the game on your hard drive
>>
>>376925316

This generation only feels short because it's had so few games and even fewer great games. That and it came directly after an abnormally long generation.
>>
>>376929673
>there's no reason to keep using useless discs
Moneys. The prices on the cartridges are still much higher than discs in terms of mass production. Even a few dollars adds up and doesn't look as nice on the reports.
>>
>>376929673
Physical media in general will disappear soon enough as it's pretty redundant. We would be 100% digital if it weren't for internet speeds worldwide not being as good as they should be.
>>
>>376929790
so the industry will stagnate and we'll keep using the same technology from 2005 until gaming finally dies
>>
With an architecture that is more pc like and pretty much shared with its competition I'm pretty sure the next console will have backward compatibility.
Regular "upgrades" like the pro give much more steady money than a start from scratch if your userbase is already that big.
>>
>>376929905
Just for the foreseeable future, until flash media gets to a more appropriate price or developers start optimizing their filesizes again.
>>
The technology isn't progressing as fast as it used to, but companies still want to sell consoles. We will be enjoying phone tier planned obsolescence and new releases for consoles very soon.
>>
>PS5
>now in 8K!!!!!!!!!!!*
>*720p upscaled
>normies buy 100 million units for muh numbers for no games (again)
>the cycle continues
>>
>>376927609
No, fuck off. We don't need more stupid gimmicks in gaming. We get enough of that stupid bullshit from Nintendo already
>>
>>376928049
No, anon, Nintendo's latest stupid gimmick console is not going to become the template for future generations. It will be forgotten. fuck off shill.
>>
>>376925316
>Analysts
Takes it seriously.
>>
PC gamers spend $600 annually on superfluous GPU upgrades with not a single game justifying the hardware purchase so consoles are doing it too. You don't have to upgrade if you're not into chasing the best graphics and what not
>>
>>376925316
>The 8th gen is still in its fucking infancy.
hahahaa
>But these idiots want a PS5 already? WHY
because of retarded millennials.

they will get PS5 ports of all the crappy PS3 games AGAIN and will buy them... AGAIN for full fucking price. because muh 4k.

Gaming is dead.
>>
>>376925316
>believing what some bachelors degree fuckstick analyst shitspews
>>
>>376930523
>thinks videogames are serious stuff
All consoles are gimmicky toys. That's the point of them.
>>
>>376930656
This is bait but also correct and I support it.
>>
>>376930523
>PS3 can stream select games to PSP
>PS4 can stream all games to Vita
Yes Mr. Shill, this idea is totally a new thing Nintendo thought up and has been building to.
>>
>>376930793
So this kind of mentality makes it clear why you mouthbreathers continue to fall for the nintendo gimmick meme

You can do that all you want but the rest of the industry ain't following suit. Now piss off
>>
File: 1494013689755.png (8KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
1494013689755.png
8KB, 112x112px
>>376925316
>analyst
really makes you thinky
>>
>>376930749
>hahaha
>Millennials
Actual reddit mongoloid that rates people due to their date of birth.
>>
>>376925316
>360/ps3 gen lasted like 7 years
>Surprised that the bone/ps4 isn't lasting any longer
>>
I just gave up with consoles.
Im looking for retro games or consoles, fixing my old GBA, DS and stuff, lookin to start speedrunnign just for fun, but im out of NewGens stuff
>>
File: 1494729396564s.jpg (6KB, 250x204px) Image search: [Google]
1494729396564s.jpg
6KB, 250x204px
>>376930935
>gets worked up over silly toys
Majestic.
>>
>>376931221
Enjoy your 600 dollar zelda machine
>>
>>376930935
My toy is better than your toy, anon.

Doesn't that make you upset?
>>
>>376931197
Last gen consoles had the same hardware for their entire lifespans though, which obviously won't be the case this gen.
>>
>>376925316
>being surprised that Sony might pull the rug out from under its customer base, screwing them over
Switch just kicked off 9th generation. Scorpio will arguably be 9th gen as well. This means that Sony will be left behind if it doesn't screw over the PS4 Pro owners and release a new system at some point in the future, although late 2018 is probably a bit soon.

I mean, haven forbid that customers would have a meaningful choice between Mircosoft and Sony products.
>>
Would be quite bold of them if they made it a VR console
>>
>>376925316
Sony announced games, and announced them again, cancelled some and delayed games for years. Fuck generation 8.
>>
>buy $250 console with a game bundled
>not a muh graphixx retard
>can play ALL the multiplats
>can play cool exclusives

It's a no brainer really
>>
>>376931396
Sony doesn't have to do jack shit. They're dominating right now and for the foreseeable future
>>
>>376931396
Honestly don't get the Pro. It's like MS announced Scorpio and they panicked. Why couldn't they wait until they could go for a more noticeable jump in performance? They were cruising along just fine, there weren't any real needs for the Pro to address.
>>
>>376931326
I don't have one. PC gamer and consoles are still toys with no practical use. I am just amused about how supposed adults get worked up over brands of toys. No need to be butthurt.
>>
>>376931740
>implying there won't be yearly updates to the ps4 now
>>
>>376931396
I don't think you can start 9th gen with a fisher and price tablet pushing 2008 nvidia shield hardware and Xbox doesn't have a single gmae to it's name anymore so it's just pushing hardware for no reason. Generations are dead since nobody cares anymore, people just want games and Sony is the only one actually delivering that and people realize it
>>
with graphics more-or-less at a bit of a plateau, I would really appreciate an extended lifespan on these consoles. With each new console, the entire marketing of new games seems to be "LOOK AT THESE FUCKIN GRAHPICS FUCK". I would much rather devs now focus on making some games on hardware that they know well by now with actual engaging gameplay and other features to set them apart.
>>
>>376931740
Sucks it was clearly rushed out. Even the devs seemed unaware of it as no games really take advantage of it yet.
>>
>>376931740
the Pro is fucking stupid, just another indicator of how shit the console industry is. There's nothing new to bring to the table so all that's left is marginal increases in power and gimmicks like 4K and VR that won't be taken advantage of properly.
>>
>>376931740
I have one and yeah I agree its really not necessary.
>>
>>376931992
>4k
>gimmick

So on pc its the fuckin hype but on console its gimmick. Ok.
>>
>>376925316
To remind you how much of a cuck you are...
>>
>>376932169
It's not hype on PC either. It's stupid.
>>
>>376931964
>I don't think you can start 9th gen with a fisher and price tablet
That's how 8th gen started. Console generations are cycles of releases, not aspects of the console hardware. That's why the 3DS and Vita are considered part of 8th gen.

>>376931740
Sony probably wanted to build up hype to dominate attention. This generation honestly has been disappointing, and the whole idea of "play your whole PS4 library in 4K resolution," even as a gimmick, got some people still sitting on the fence into the Sony camp.

Sure, the Switch is dominating attention, but Nintendo is busy jerking themselves off with its distribution and Sony's PS4 has a several year market lead. The vast majority of video game sales are still going to Sony, simply because most people don't even have the Switch yet.
>>
8th gen was simply shit, and its hardware is obsolete.

Starting over is strictly necessary at this point.
>>
>>376932169
4k on PC is just as retarded, because if you want it enjoyable (settings that elevate it over 1440p high-ultra, 60fps), you need to spend absurd amounts of money, and the only advantage is a bigger screen without losing image quality.
>>
File: download (5).jpg (5KB, 176x264px) Image search: [Google]
download (5).jpg
5KB, 176x264px
>>376925837
Just buy TES™:Skyrim™ Special™ edition™
>>
>>376926743
And those games are multiplat, are they not? Which means they wouldn't """count""" toward a given console's catalogue size (as most people here seem to think)

There are fewer exclusives because it's much easier to make money multiplat, and of the few that are, a lot are indie (because sony/microsoft don't have infinite resources to fund infinite exclusive big-budget games), which also don't """count""".

So the generation appears weaker
>>
>>376932326
Guess thats the reason nvida/amd are pushing their chips with 4k performance capabilities and why more and more monitors are 4k?
Even cheap as fuck cards can run games in full details at 1080 now, thats why 4k gets pushed for the crowd that wants to buy new stuff. Its the same with TVs, only exception is HDR (which is a way bigger improvement than 4k). PC gaming is very late to pick that up.
>>
>>376925316
Last generation was the exception. Anyway, generations are pretty much over. Microsoft and Sony will keep releasing revisions of their console. Nintendo will probably keep doing what they're doing.
>>
4K on consoles is good because it completely eliminates the need for AA, which console devs don't know how to use.
>>
I'm not buying into 9th gen until 10th gen starts.
>>
>>376926743
>Like with all tech, the prices only go down as time passes.
>>376927461
>Monthly salaries of over 1000€ are luxurious as hell in eastern europe.
Wow, it almost sounds like tech didn't become cheaper, but that those games were simply developed in low cost countries! It almost sounds like you're advocating outsourcing video game development to designated shitting street so that companies can crank out more games.
>>
>>376932940
4K is getting pushed so hard because they literally have nothing else new to put out, there's hardly anything that even takes advantage of it.
Maybe when developers stop targeting 720p30fps for their games then it'll matter
>>
File: IMG_0002.jpg (752KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0002.jpg
752KB, 2048x1536px
>>376932807
oh i beg to differ
>>
>>376932951
Until there's PS4 Pro only or Scorpio only games things won't change. As of now everything is required to run on the vanilla consoles too.
>>
>>376925316
Sony likes money, a lot. not buying a PS4 until the PS5 comes out anyway, so I don't care if its soon.
>>
>>376933248
>required
I haven't seen anyone say anything about requirements. Not to mention Sony very quickly backed down from their "requirement" that games on Pro and vanilla need to perform (Frame rate) identically.
>>
>>376932940
>thats why 4k gets pushed
It gets pushed because companies want everyone to buy 4K TVs, 4K blurays, etc. There's very little benefits in either. 1080p is good enough.
>>
>>376933559
No, but they still need to run at all.

Either way, those 8GB combined RAM will continue to be the bane of sony and MS.
>>
>>376931205
>Speedrunning
I can't wait for you to transition
>>
>>376925316
They really shouldn't release the Quintuple yet.

They're worried about the Scorpio but they shouldn't be. Nobody is going to buy that shit.

I hope they're smart and just focus on the games this E3, make no mention of the next PlayStation. They'll see themselves when Scorpio comes out that that thing is DOA and PS4 will still be killing it.

At the very earliest PS5 should come out late 2019
>>
>>376925316
>What the FUCK is this shit? Have they completely lost their minds? The 8th gen is still in its fucking infancy. In 2015 the PS4 had one (1) game. Now we have multiple, and more on the way. But these idiots want a PS5 already? WHY

it's just a Sony tactic to get people talking about PS5 and its rumored 10Teraflops so that people forget about Scorpio or hold off on getting a Scorpio.

trust me, it's not coming in 2018, screencap this
>>
>>376933175
>schiit stack
noice
>>
>>376932951
>Nintendo will probably keep doing what they're doing.
aka releasing gimmicky underpowered trash, hoping it catches on like a meme fad the same way wii did
>>
File: 8301015.jpg.png (29KB, 300x162px) Image search: [Google]
8301015.jpg.png
29KB, 300x162px
>>376925316
>guy that gets paid to say stuff out of probablity thinks that maybe nextgen is probably coming in 2018
>this is fact
>>
>>376933593
The whole name "4k" is just bullshit marketing to make it sound like there's a four times leap up from 1080p. They're desperately trying to manufacture demand for it by exaggerating the improvement.
>>
>>376933175
Those statues are kinda gay anon
>>
>>376925316
Seems like a reactionary response to Scorpio. Scorpio is a successor to the Xbone disguised as mid-gen upgrade because MS wants to get rid of console generations and follow a model like iOS. Sony is going to release a PS5 only because they want to have the hardware specs crown. And I expect them this year to release a Vita successor that's a hybrid with removable controllers. Sony is about to commit sudoku and I don't think that's a bad thing. People think MS ruined console gaming but Sony is the one who destroyed it so it will be justice watching them be utterly humiliated in defeat for those stupid hardware decisions
>>
>>376931740
>Honestly don't get the Pro. It's like MS announced Scorpio and they panicked.
Pro was announced and rumoured before Scorpio
>>
>>376929781
This. 5 years has always been the standard console cycle.
>>
>>376933769
I think that's what they'll do. No official statement on the PS5 whatsoever, but quietly from the background feed the rumor mill. That way they can generate some temporary hype that may stifle Scorpio sales without having to commit to a premature release.
>>
>>376925316
The more time that passes the harder it will become for consoles to catch up to PC
>>
>>376934407
Yeah, it all boils down to their sales figures. As long as PS4 stays killing it, which it will, they'll have no reason to release the PS5 for a while yet. I really don't see the PS4 slowing down at all after Scorpio's release. Although the longer the wait, the more their market share falls for next gen. They also wouldn't like it if just two years after PS5's release Microsoft offers the successor to the Scorpio. Kind of a tough cookie I guess. Bottom line though, as long as PS4 sales stay strong, which they will, they wouldn't want PS5 to cannibalise those sales.
>>
>>376925573

It's not a good thing if they can't establish a fucking library before the next console. Consumer confidence is going to plummet if they keep doing shit like this. Unless the average console player is even dumber than apple fanboys. The verdict is still out on that.
>>
>>376934690
>as long as PS4 sales stay strong, which they will,
What makes you so sure? As long as the Scorpio doesn't cost too much I don't see how it's an obvious flop.
>>
>''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''analysts''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
lol ok
Speculation is a waste of time, just like fapping.
>>
>>376935303
>As long as the Scorpio doesn't cost too much I don't see how it's an obvious flop.
they've already confirmed it will m8. they said something like it's a 'premium console' and will therefore sell for a 'premium price'. that's what cemented its death for me 2bh. give it a google and you'll see for you'reself
>>
>>376935130
>Unless the average console player is even dumber than apple fanboys.
They are. The mainstream multiplats have been coming in. It's just good exclusives that are rare this gen.
>>
WTF I just got a PS4 Pro to complete my PlayStation collection and now the generation is almost over?
>>
File: 1327447529914.jpg (3MB, 2774x1985px) Image search: [Google]
1327447529914.jpg
3MB, 2774x1985px
>>376933769
>I hope they're smart and just focus on the games this E3
This. Just give us games, more Japanese too. Fuck that western tripple A interactive movie shit.
Move to AA games with mid budgets. They could finance 5 AA games instead of one overbudgeted Naughty Dog or David Cage turd.
Nier was successful as fuck, Nioh was successful as fuck, Persona 5 was successful as fuck and those only cost a fraction of what Uncharted 4 did.

Revive a bunch of good old 90s and early 2000s IPs. Sony has more of them than both Nintendo and Microsoft combined for fuck's sake.

Give us a new:

Mister Mosquito
Dark Cloud
Alundra
Akuji The Heartless
Battle Arena Toshinden
Destruction Derby
Ridge Race RIIIIIIIDGE RACER (I would unironically love to play one with arcade gameplay, 80s J-Pop/Rock and Eurobeat)
Twisted Metal
Ape Escape
Cool Boarders
Drakan
DriveClub
The Getaway
G-Police
Jet Moto
Legend of Dragoon
MediEvil
Omega Boost
Primal
Puppeteer
Rogue Galaxy
Rule of Rose
Siren
Sly Cooper
Syphon Filter
Tokyo Jungle
War of the Monsters
Wild Arms
>>
>>376927272
Its the worst gen since pre nes easily unless your a dudebro bro. Maybe 5 classics tops. Innovation was completely absent compared to previous 2 gens
>>
>>376925316
I think that the PS5 will have native backwards compatibility since it will have the same x86 architecture and possibly based on upgraded hardware on the PS4 Pro. That will ensure that the PS5 sells well for those that don't have a PS4 this gen, and also as a great deal for those that have a PS4 and a lot of games, ensuring that their games will play on the new console with possible performance enhancements (which I think will be just a boost mode with more horsepower so even better performance).
>>
>>376931964
>I don't like it so it doesn't count
>>
>>376935790
I really want a solid new Twisted Metal with a solid net code and great mp.
>>
>>376925316
9th gen already?

the fuck?
>>
>>376935878
dont worry, miyazaki's new game reveal is right around the corner. he will save the gen again with bloodborne and whatever the new game is, just like he did last gen with demons and dark souls 1.
>>
>People think the Scorpio is going to provide competition to Sony and Nintendo

Pull the other one. People already jumped ship to the PS4.
>>
>>376930429
Nintendos half assed attempt at shoehorning in crap to make emulation and piracy more annoying shouldn't mean VR or any new technology would be useless

You weeb faggots are retarded, wasting all your money on Nintendo meme garbage then thinking VR will never be huge
>>
>>376936584
>VR will never be huge
Correct.
>>
>>376925316
>>376936081
The Switch is 9th gen, you idiots.
>>
>>376935790
None of these games are going to happen and you know it.
Fucking Alundra of all things.
>>
>>376937101
>Alundra
It's a shame how hard they dropped the ball with the sequel.
>>
>>376937024
Nintendo left traditional gens, and cemented this with merging home and mobile.
>>
Anyone who thinks of vidya in "gens" needs to kill themselves. Gens haven't been a thing since 2007; consoles are now little, affordable PCs.
>>
>>376937323
>Switch is a completely new system, more powerful than both the 3DS and the Wii U
Sounds like a 9th gen system to me.
>>
>>376926743
>the AAA fucks should stop wasting TENS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS on goddamn marketing.

They would not sell a single copy if they did not spend that. You have to pay people when getting the sheep masses to eat shit and love it.
>>
>>376925316
I think >analyst might be the most meaningless job description I've ever heard
>>
>>376928882
I like VR. The problem with it isn't the headset itself, although resolution is still ass, but the controllers that everyone keeps coming up with and how they use them. It's stand still flail arms around which isn't fun for beyond a few hours. If we remove the controller for something that makes sense such as a steering wheel, flight stick, etc etc then the headset is amazing. Til then, we're stuck playing the same shitty arcade game.
>>
>>376937407
But the switch isn't more powerful than the wiiu.
>>
>>376936932
You're a fucking moron kys

And no I haven't bought one yet despite having more than enough money

4K VR for games where you sit stationary like driving a car will be fucking kino
>>
>>376925316
the ps4 released 5 years ago get over it faggot.
>>
>>376937651
Except it is.
>>
>>376925316
Are consoles the biggest skinner box in video game industry?
>>
>>376937853
No. That's mobile and f2p.
>>
>>376925316
Because console hardware cant compete directly with PC's, which is Sony's DIRECTLY stated intent. So they think if they get console users to buy new hardware they'll think Sony's platforms compare...which they don't really yet.

That said, they have a what...45million actual install base? (I'm not goin to include shipped numbers no matter how hard you cry). If They did this like these retard analysts think, they would essentially giving these users who've invested into their brand the middle finger. They'd practically be sending users to the PC userbase for free. I guarantee you they aint gonna run to the Xbox or Nintendo camp, that's for damn sure.
>>
>>376932169
>So on pc its the fuckin hype but on console its gimmick. Ok.

On PC it's for rich people who have already spent a shit tonne anyway on having everything else being the highest quality. It's not a scam like consoles where they try and sell you ''''affordable'''' 4K by just cutting back on other settings instead
>>
>>376937362
Epic.
>>
>>376925316
This is the ultimate doom and gloom news.
>You thought you could have nice things?
>You thought the generation would wait for Kojima's game?
>Well fuck you! Microsoft and Scorpio will dictate how the industry should move and Sony will follow their masters.

>>376925573
>original console-generation lengths of around 5 years.
Stop this. Development costs and complexity has only gotten more extensive since. And the modern development cycle is what brings about the record breaking software sales. Back then marketers pushed people into making games in 3 months max at the cost of a horrible game and legacy; E.T.
>>
>>376939240
>Development costs and complexity has only gotten more extensive since.
No, it hasn't. It peaked during 7th gen. It's only downhill again now - because development cost is no longer carried by the console seller. Sony can't make a CPU anymore.

Development cost is now carried by AMD/nvidia/Intel. Everyone else just buys from them, and they develop regardless. The system is a tablet (nintendo) or a pc (sony/ms) with custom OS.
>>
>>376925316
Xbox360/PS3 gen was unique, not the norm. norm is ~5 years for a gen.

Whether you like it or not the Xbone and PS4 are pretty underpowered. They might be able to push great graphics, but fucking retarded heavy load times and inconsistent framerates have marred more games this gen than not - and that was almost right out of the gate, with PS4pro and XboneS being negligible upgrades. Sure it might seem shitty to someone who bought these consoles for the lack of fantastic games, but it's the same wherever you look outside of PC's.

Wii U is 7th gen btw, and so is the Switch.

Vulkan will allow fast and efficient porting to the next playstation and scorpio, which means shitter devs always complaining about garbage like muh architecture can fuck off and just make a great looking, great performing game.

Between Vulkan being free to utilize and implement and it being supported across all major video cards along with its 2~4x performance increase over OpenGL for graphic intensive games, along with pure hardware upgrades of the coming consoles, we're going to see a gen leap with the next Xbox and Playstation on par with the leap from PS2 to PS3 or N64 to Gamecube. It's a special time to be a developer because it isn't likely we'll hit another smooth as shit API or some other under-the-hood direction to improve performance like Vulkan within the next decade. The next gen very well could last as long or longer than the Xbox360/PS3 gen thanks to it, only being replaced years later when newer hardware alone will be able to offer that 'upgrade' expected from "next gen" - and hopefully shit-tier consumers will be happy with 4K instead of pushing harder and harder for bazillions of fucking needless pixels when 480p playstation and n64 games still look good in their own right.

Anyway, next gen will be a special and probably rare event, like witnessing a comet. Vulkan itself is a generational leap in performance, and better hardware on top of that will double it.
>>
>>376939473
I mean back then they were making games for 4:3 screens and they were all 2D or simple 3D.

These days there is so much more technology involved, manpower; a hundred people in a dev team minimum for AAA games, monetary investment 100s of millions of dollars, marketing and directing involved; voice acting, music score which involves actual composers, and even mocap nowadays.

It is in no way directly comparable to the NES or even PS1/ N64 days.

>Forcing devs to shit out modern games as fast as possible because someone made a rule of a time limit of 5 years.
Yes goy! Being a coder isn't hard enough goyim! Work harder and faster, FASTER! We need more money!
>>
>>376940078
>Forcing devs to shit out modern games as fast as possible because someone made a rule of a time limit of 5 years.
This is still way too long. Look at games that were in development for that long. They're all shit. Every last one of them. They end up redoing everything over and over because tech outpaces them and devs that don't take years to complete shit release better games.
>>
there isn't even graphical improvement any more
it's just a proprietary system for exclusive games

as long as they can pump out FIFA and COD they'll keep existing
>>
>>376940078
the tools for making modern games are exponentially easier to use than the tools used to make super mario bros 3. Nowadays we have game engines and graphical engines that are good to go only requiring competent artists, even usurping texture artists with some software that can dynamically create textures based on a few sliders and options after it analyzes the geometry of the model. Coding itself hasn't changed in like 10 years in terms of designing how a game's mechanics work.

Really, it doesn't take a lot of effort to make some good shit; the problem being there hasn't been any good shit, just AAA and low effort mobage shit - cutting out the more prominent and diverse middle class.
>>
>>376940282
>They're all shit. Every last one of them.
I disagree. And it seems you are quick to forget what happens when you push developers to work under your arbitrary time limit rules because for some reason only money is important.
Scalebound didn't meet MS' schedule and got axed, and as a result no Japanese developers will want to work with MS again.

The only party I can see that will want developers to work on a time limit first system is MS, and they're the only candidate that would push this gen to end too because Xbox One flopped. So instead of moving on their own, they want the rest of the industry to move with them, so that attachment rate resets to zero and they can get even ground for which to claim 33/33/33 marketshare with Playstation and Switch.

>tech outpaces them
Have you ever considered that just because there is new tech doesn't mean it automatically gets put in a game. That people have to experiment with new tech and learn to code for it before they can apply it. And once they do that tech has advanced again? The tech excuse is the ultimate scam in this industry. For some reason Windows 7 machines cant run new games now because of Windows 10. And if next gen consoles were to drop in the next month suddenly no games will work on PS4 or Xbone. Stop forcing this jewery.

There is only one company who would want to push the gen to end and that is Microsoft.
Thread posts: 151
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.