[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Save game >Resume playing >Forget whether you saved

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: HUH.png (12KB, 369x300px) Image search: [Google]
HUH.png
12KB, 369x300px
>Save game
>Resume playing
>Forget whether you saved or not shortly after and start to second guess yourself
>...
>Save game again just in case
>>
File: 1489269755028.jpg (118KB, 950x720px) Image search: [Google]
1489269755028.jpg
118KB, 950x720px
>hit quicksave button
>accidentally quick load
>>
>>376911070
Gotta space those hotkeys out. I usually put F5 as my quick save and set quick load to something like the P key so I don't end up doing that on accident.
>>
>start up a game I played a few years ago but randomly dropped
>instead of loading start a new game because I don't remember what happened
>drop the game again in the exact spot
>>
>about to do this
>remember that ds carts have limited saves
>decide not to save
>die
>haven't saved for 3 hours
>>
>>376910612
never before have I related to OP so much
>>
File: 1441731600314.jpg (32KB, 172x232px) Image search: [Google]
1441731600314.jpg
32KB, 172x232px
>>376911070
>game doesn't have 5 quicksaves or even better let's you specify how many to keep up to infinity
shit game.
>>
>>376911928
>ds carts have limited saves
what?
>>
>save and quit to menu are on the same save screen all the time
>along with exit to worldmap
>one area doesn't have exit to worldmap
>my muscle memory makes me lose 2 hours of progress
Fucking KH2
>>
>>376912243

exactly what i said. save too many times and you break the game permanently
>>
>>376912431
Show an example of this
>>
What's worse is saving a game, dropping it for a month or so, and forgetting what happened in the game when you come back which causes you to restart the game from the beginning because you're so lost.
>>
>>376912431
huh, I didn't realize flash memory had this issue
still, it's in the thousands so it's not something to worry about in the near future
but I learned something today. thanks anon
>>
>>376912491

no
>>
>>376912243
All flash-based storage media has a limited number of write cycles before writing to that media again becomes unreliable, this is why SSDs have special features such as wear leveling that marks nearly-dead sectors on the drive as "bad" and silently moves the data from those sectors onto good ones

Battery-backed saves and conventional hard drives don't have this problem but they have their own limitations (batteries die and HDDs suffer mechanical wear and sectors becoming bad with age)
>>
>>376912737
yeah I looked it up after he said that. pretty interesting stuff. everything decays, no exceptions
>>
File: Screaming Birb.png (308KB, 500x403px) Image search: [Google]
Screaming Birb.png
308KB, 500x403px
>Enjoying the game so much that you become engulfed by it and forget to save for a long time
>Finally die and get loaded into an unfamiliar area that you weren't in
>Tfw the realization sets in and you find out just how far back you are
Even worse is when you finish a really tough level then die in the next one and have to do that difficult part all over again.
>>
>>376910612
>save game
>load game two days after
>can't remember what was supposed to be done
>save game again for some reason
4X games have done this to me so many times
>>
>>376915060
>Get to "that" part of the game
>Save and quit for the day
>Come back a few days later, load up save
>Realize you're at "that" part
>Contemplate whether or not you want to keep playing
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.