[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth replaying this game on hard? I hear a lot of babbies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6

Is it worth replaying this game on hard?

I hear a lot of babbies complaining about the hard difficulty...
>>
I didn't play it on hard. Feel free to do so if you wish though.
>>
>>376905059
>>Is it worth replaying this game on hard?
>replay on hard
>not starting with hard in the first place
>>
>>376905059
Once you get weapon damage+6 and Shockwave+6, it won't matter anyways, nothing will be able to touch you.
>>
>Calls others babbies
>Didn't play on Hard
>>
File: mail.png (15KB, 139x150px) Image search: [Google]
mail.png
15KB, 139x150px
>>376905059
>he didn't play it on hard
>>
>>376905126
>>376905335

Liars. I doubt you guys even got past the tutorial stage on hard.
>>
>>376905059
I tried dipping into hard a couple of times but as far as I could tell it just increases enemy damage, which is unfun to me.

It felt like there just needed to be more "happening" in this game. I loved the tower fight for instance despite that being fairly easy. Most of the game is an absolute slog to get through and the world feels completely barren >inb4 "that's the point, doof"
>>
>>376905059
Once you get past the prologue and can get some chips you'll be fine.
>>
File: 1491146387080.jpg (29KB, 500x446px) Image search: [Google]
1491146387080.jpg
29KB, 500x446px
>>376905059
>normal is too easy
>hard is too dificult
>>
>>376905415
I played it all the way to the part where engels shoots bullets
I switched it to normal because eff restarting all that, didn't get hit anyway so i may as well have just beaten it on hard
>>
>>376905059
At least do the prologue on hard
>>
I started at Hard, then got fucked up a lot.

I love playing A2 on hard, thanks to the easy taunt. Also, what does that "le red eye xD" mean during her dash?
>>
i tried hard but doing the prologue on hard was a bitch

i did try the early game on hard post prologue and it was just kinda annoying, and normal gets appropriately difficult in route B and beyond but its still too easy at the beginning to the point where i did not even have to care about chip setup or anything
>>
>>376905059
The difficulties in the game are pretty unbalanced, so hard will be a lot harder than normal. As long as you don't lose any chips eventually you will just wreck things before they kill you, while also usually not getting 1 shot.

The prologue is probably the hardest part of the game on hard, took me about 5 hours.
>>
>>376905059
Only parts thats hard is the early part. Late game only things that will pose a real danger is over leveled enemies. Othervise its pretty much the same minus lock on.
>>
>>376906303
>hard is actually hard

Brainlet.
>>
I beat the prologue on Very Hard after trying 9 hours, and then proceed to beat the whole game.
I would say that Very Hard is pretty balanced and fun experience for this game.
Hard is just too forgiving with defence chips and heals.
I mean I can ignore them, but then I might as well playing on Very Hard.
>>
I started on hard, switched to normal for the tutorial and then back to hard for the rest of the game.
After a few hours of playing, the difference between hard and normal basically disappears because nothing can kill you anyway.
>>
File: TopDaniel.png (225KB, 459x403px) Image search: [Google]
TopDaniel.png
225KB, 459x403px
Okay.
If you're about to start the game then here is your chance to look at my post and understand what you need to do.
WHY play the game on hard ? Because enemies are more reactive, they get new moves, it's more engaging. In hard you get one shot out of nowhere a lot and that's fucking annoying but i'll tell you how to avoid that. Don't worry it doesn't make the game easy instead you will be two shotted but that gives you a fighting chance.

-Set difficulty to normal because the first mission is brutal and you don't even get a trophy for playing on hard from start to finish.
-Once you're in space, you can finally save. Switch the game back to hard in the options.
-Your goal is to stack max HP+ chips. No other chips are required and doing more damage means nothing if you die all the time. I'm serious stack those HP+. You can purchase those from the resistance camp scrap vendor right from the start.
-Buy some cure items before going down then SAVE YOUR MONEY, you can buy this one cool looking weapon from the weapon shop but that's it.
-Do business in the desert but before you go to the next mission go buy lots of HP max chips, fuse them, equip nothing but them then go enjoy the game. Try not to lose them, you're far from invincible.
>>
>>376907156
>played tutorial for 9 hours

Respect for beating but damn, you must be a neet
>>
>tfw stick to Ancient Overlord the whole game
Crit and Bullet Rupture are too good. What other weapons are good?
>>
>>376907553
faith, iron pipe
>>
>>376907553
Engine Blade
>>
>>376907553
Fists are fun too. i only use fists on 9s because all the other weapons are too painful to use on him.
>>
>>376905059
game difficulty gives you nothing extra,
just harder
>>
>>376907991
large sword 9s and no machine can get close to you
spear 9s > fist 9s
>>
>>376907553
Usurper spear
Demons cry
>>
File: 1439391968381.gif (864KB, 500x261px) Image search: [Google]
1439391968381.gif
864KB, 500x261px
>>376907553
>mfw fists+fists
>>
>>376908595
You become cancer?
>>
>>376906303

Happened to me with Bayonetta
>>
>>376908890
That's because Bayonetta is built around Dodge Offset and they don't explain it for shit.
>>
>>376905415
>projecting
I even past simone on hard while being massively underleveled

it took me 3 fucking nights of practice until I managed to kill her
>>
>>376908982
I know about it but I can't for the life of me use it, there's too many buttons and what to press constantly to keep in mind and having to focus on when to dodge or listening to cues, too much shit going on at the same time, eh
>>
>>376909076

fuck that shockwave bullshit
jumping on your head like a megaman boss
>>
>>376905059

It is only worth playing on hard, and without using healing items past the tutorial. If you play on normal you are a casual.
>>
>>376908812
I already am :3
>>
>>376905059
Considering you have to replay it anyway, sure, why not make it a bit more difficult? Helps take away the sting of the whole "90% the same for the 10% thats different" meme that the game suffers from.
>>
>>376905415
tutorial is the hardest part
>>
>Not deciding what to use based on weapon story
Iron Will and Machine Spear
>>
>>376905059
>not starting on hard for the first place
>calls other babies
really?
>>
>>376907156

Very Hard and Hard aren't even any different on the prologue, and that's the hardest part anyway. Still only took me 5 or 6 tries.

However, Very Hard just gets annoying later on when fodder enemies can randomly kill you. If you were smart, you'd play on Hard, ban healing items, but still use chips including autoheal. Gives you room for getting hit once by weak enemies without dying, without making bosses easy.
>>
>>376905059
The game seems to be balanced around Hard difficulty, for whatever it's worth. But you can still obviously way under/overshoot the challenge because of character/weapon leveling and the chip system.
I did a playthough with Hard difficulty while doing all the side quests on time and without any experience boosting chips/items used and my character levels seemed to be almost completely in line with the enemies for most of the game. Combined with the fact that it was the Hard difficulty, this also forced me to really think what chips and items to use, where on Normal I just breezed through with automatic loadouts and zero challenge.
>>
>>376906621
>Also, what does that "le red eye xD" mean during her dash?
The red flash is A2 overclocking. If you hold down the dodge button as her, she does an extended dash/glide.
>>
>>376909461
this
>>
Tried it on hard first

Tutorial boss kept doing some retarded move I couldn't avoid

After hour of replay the same cutscene I dropped the game, more to do with top down shooting being utter shit and gameplay the same as I imagined from watching some gameplay series of Nier, deciding the overglorified piece of shit game won't meme me into playing further by its ass and edgy story.
>>
>>376910501
>Tutorial boss kept doing some retarded move I couldn't avoid
The perfect dodge in this game has a very generous window and is spammable, you must be pretty shit.
>>
It´s only hard in the beginning.
>>
File: 1474639505558.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1474639505558.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>difficulty options in a game with levels and over powered gear

whats the point?
>>
>>376910501

The one doing a retarded move is you. Good riddance, now you won't add to the pile of casuals complaining about this game for much longer.
>>
>>376910751
yeah why not just play every single rpg on the easiest setting, they're all glorified visual novels xDDD
>>
>>376909461
>Goliaths zig-zag during final battle
How the fuck are you supposed to dodge that shit?
>>
>>376905059
Hard is really easy. The only bullshit part is the first level then it's all downhill.
>>
>>376905059

>Normal is normal
>Hard enemies kill you in one or two hits

It gets easier when you get better chips to increase your healing done per kill or that increase your health pool, but the game will often throw you into situations where you will face multiple enemies that can one shot you.

Add to this, you're supposed to beat the game 6 times over for the endings means that you'll just want to speed on through by after a while. Playing on hard is just a meme and doesn't add anything.
>>
>>376907393
>Your goal is to stack max HP+ chips.
Nah, just get Deadly Heal and Damage Heal and try not to get hit twice in a row
>>
>>376907991
Spear of the Usurper is god tier on 9S
>>
>>376911290
Anti chain damage+9 makes you invul for like 5 seconds after you get hit so combine that with Offensive heal and damage chips and ezgame
>>
>>376911546
Really you can get away with any Anti-Chain Damage just to be sure you don't get nailed twice
Then the dark bullets become the most dangerous attack in the game, oddly, they're the only things I noticed could still one-shot me if I fucked up.
>>
Am I imagining things or does setting it to "hard" during the opera boss tank fps? Talking about the androids on crosses and their hacking shockwaves.

I set it to "normal" and it wasn't murdering my fps. What the fuck?
>>
>>376911735
The port is a little wonky but I didn't have any issues there
>>
>>376909076
What level is underleveled? I was 9 when I fought her, did it in 10 or so tries.
>>
its not worth replaying to begin with
>>
>>376905059
I got the plat on hard, prepare for insane rage in the tutorial area and the 9S everyone's been infected part. Actually, just prepare for the fact that if you aren't get 1 shot you're getting 2 shot.
>>
>>376905059
You shouldn't even have played it on Normal at all really (beyond the prologue maybe), it's braindead-easy and ruins the enemies and combat.
>>
>>376906303
Hard needs to be as hard as it is because your defensive options in Automata are very powerful. The obvious one is the dodge which can protect you 100% against pretty much anything, but there's also the fact that you can pause and heal, like the original Nier. This means that Hard needs to be very punishing of mistakes and you need to die very quickly in order to have any actual sort of challenge. If it weren't so punishing it would be worthless.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.