[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do all MMOs suck these days? I just want a game I can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

File: rip.jpg (651KB, 1680x1012px) Image search: [Google]
rip.jpg
651KB, 1680x1012px
Why do all MMOs suck these days? I just want a game I can sink my teeth into.
>>
>>376899540
People don't want to play together in huge groups anymore.
It's all individualistic now.
ME ME ME. Fug the group.
That's why mmos are shit.
>>
western devs are social justice faggots and gamers are short attention span cucks
>>
>>376899540
Why is your opinion so bad?
>>
>>376899641
So you're saying more people would play mmos if the devs were racist stormfags?
>>
>>376899540
They hit a high point then suddenly there were too many. And the market became over saturated.
>>
Sad.
>>
>>376899759
No people just need to keep their fucking political opinion out of it, some people just wanna be entertained, not lectured
>>
Secret World Legends is going to be the worst, I just know it
>>
>>376899540
People aren't social. In WoW it's hard to talk to anyone
>>
>>376900187
Back in runescape in 2008, I was too scared to talk to girls in-game.
>>
>>376899540
mmos fit the era nicely
that generation was just social :)
>>
>>376899540
people had their own opinions and were social and asked you about your day and what your levels where or if you want to go run X event with them
you didnt go fishing and talk to someone just to get a lecture about politics or gender fluidity
>>
>>376899540
>runescape 08
hey, what's your mining level?
nice

>runescape 17
hey, what's your mining level?
>ignored
or
>insert random political meme posting here
>>
>>376899540
>chores simulator
>sink your teeth into
Sink your teeth into cleaning your house if you want to play a "complex mmo" you fucking loser, mmos are utter dogshit and always have been
>>
I like Black Desert.
>>
>>376899540
Because you don't want to take the initiative and socialize. Just because you aren't forced to doesn't mean you shouldn't.
>>
>>376901408

millenials are trash i miss the good old days
>>
>>376901490
The problem with BDO is the AFKing and the grinding. The world is amazing and it has all sorts of cool systems like horses and boats and the desert and all that, the game itself just isn't fun enough though.

I was also only playing it to RP with the same people I RP'd with in GW2 so we all just swapped back because the scene on calph 2 is so dead.

Guild Wars 2 is getting another expansion soon though, maybe that'll be fun.
>>
Nobody here plays on Retirn of Reckoning? OP if you want to group up, Warhammer Online was built around pvp first, PvE second. It takes no time to find a massive group of players to roll around with.

The destruction side is low on players too, so if you're a preteen you can make as many chaos marauders as you like.
>>
>>376901461
>playing an MMO for the quests
don't be so fucking god damn retarded.
>>
Archeage was pretty social at launch since it encouraged open world PvP. Shame the game is heavily P2W and a grindfest.
>>
>>376902028
>playing an MMO
take your own advice
>>
It's the devs fault for not catering to the players, not the players fault for not liking grind.

MMOs are about grind these days, not skill or brain capacity. Pure grind. People got wise and realized that have other things to do than waste their lives not having fun in an MMO
>>
>>376901836
GW2 has a shitty system, who ever though that Living Story was good? I played GW2 for a year since the start and I can't name a single character from the game.
>>
>>376899540
>>376899609
>>376902026
>>376901580
>>376902304

Here you go you little bitches, the MMO that succeeded in getting you to work together, socialize, grab a guild and organize yourselves for any hope of victory in T4.

https://www.returnofreckoning.com
>>
>>376902725
looks like fucking dogshit, what are you goddamned retarded?
>>
>okay, here's the plan
>we're going to recreate world of warcraft
>using a team of people who have never worked on an MMO before
>using a fraction of WoW's budget
>the lore will be created from scratch and not drawn from our previous games (because we don't have any)
>in order for players to play as a group, we'll force them to need a dedicated tank and healer, and we'll make tanks and healers so weak that they cannot do anything solo
>we have 6 months to start making a profit or else we'll have to take desperate measures, like selling boosts and power-ups and loot boxes for real money
>actually, let's just do that right from the start
>>
>>376902823
>Desperately trying to come up with more narrow minded opinions

Warhammer Online is flat out the pinnacle of the MMO model. You don't sound like you've played it, so take a seat junior until you have a real opinion to share
>>
File: eve-online-002.jpg (2MB, 2500x1600px) Image search: [Google]
eve-online-002.jpg
2MB, 2500x1600px
>>
>>376899540
Holy fuck i miss City of Heroes.
>>
>>376902929
>how can you know it's a log of human shit unless you've taken a bite first??!!!?!?!?!?!
>>
>>376902884
>we have 6 months to start making a profit or else we'll have to take desperate measures, like selling boosts and power-ups and loot boxes for real money

And this is why every new MMO fails. They want profit so quickly, they do dumb shit that drives away players instead of growing slowly and accepting short term losses for a long term profit.
>>
>>376903103
Exactly, quit your bitching about MMO's and give it a shot, you might actually enjoy it you stubborn desperate-to-be-miserable millennial waste of a pulse
>>
>>376903207
>stop complaining and grab this log of human shit and take a huge bite, you might love it!
>>
>>376903350
If you will willingly remain ignorant fair enough, if I'm lucky someone else will dive into literal massive multiplayer perfection. I'm sorry that you can't bring yourself to enjoy anything, kiddo, it sounds like a miserable way to live
>>
Squad is very social. Game made in such a way, that you can't do anything alone. And voice chat, which is done well, is the only effective way. And it works.
It is generally seems, that games like DayZ took place of MMOs.
>>
>>376903425
>sluuuuuuuurp gag taking a huge bite out of this wet log of human shit is literal munch perfection and if you don't slurp like it you just can't enjoy anything and you must be miserable slurp munch nibble
>>
>>376899540
You need to have a specific brand of autism for it, but try Project Gorgon. The graphics are ASS but that's not what you are talking about, I'm guessing.
>>
>>376901836
Guild Wars 2 is only fun if you never played Guild Ward, and are a moron.
The leaked expansion, if true, will only shit on more Guild Wars lore. Time for every literal who to become Ascended.
>>
>>376902725
the leveling feels 10x slower than live ever was, idk what it is but getting to T2 feels super slow
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.