[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What will you do when few years down the line people will start

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 11

File: the-last-of-us.jpg (914KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
the-last-of-us.jpg
914KB, 1280x720px
What will you do when few years down the line people will start counting The Last of Us among humanity's greatest artistic achievements?
>>
>What do you think it will happen when half-baked leftist control the future
It's already happening
>>
The same thing I do when that happens now - gently smile and nod without arguing, and silently regard that person's opinion on everything with less respect thereafter.
>>
File: Tlou mgs2 comparison.jpg (70KB, 480x1014px) Image search: [Google]
Tlou mgs2 comparison.jpg
70KB, 480x1014px
It will never happen OP
>>
>>376894835
If you're a white male it's your moral duty to end your genetic line.
>>
>>376894745
Nothing, because it won't.
>>
>>376894745
it already is
>>
>>376894745
My favorite part was looting the abandoned towns.
>>
>>376894745
This is taking false flagging to a whole new level
>>
File: 2344675767.jpg (40KB, 500x352px) Image search: [Google]
2344675767.jpg
40KB, 500x352px
>>376894745
I really tried liking this game, I did. But the downtime is so fucking horrible, I got bored so fast. A good story doesn't automatically mean a good game if the gameplay is almost non-existent. But hey, if you like this game more power to ya.
>>
Does anyone even remember this game now? People seem to have forgotten it among the cultural sludge that is the modern zombie apocalypse fad.
>>
File: 1494673181350.png (4MB, 3300x5100px) Image search: [Google]
1494673181350.png
4MB, 3300x5100px
>>376894916

Bullshit. MGS2 is a joke, just remember Fatman, pussygrabbing Raiden, nake Raiden, Solidus with Spiderman 2 octupus arms, etc. Worst MGS by far.

Not defending TLOU but MGS2 MASTERPIECE MY ASS
>>
>>376895696
The story wasn't even that good.
>>
>>376894916
The last of us is better than Insecure Male VR Mission 2
>>
File: 1488924235518.jpg (18KB, 300x287px) Image search: [Google]
1488924235518.jpg
18KB, 300x287px
>>376896126
Yeah, this too. The story wasn't even that special, it's just another zombie outbreak with the twist being that some girl is the cure, I think. Maybe it's more about the characters but hell, none of them are likeable except for maybe Tess. I'm not that far into the game so maybe it improves.
>>
>>376894745

It's actually a good game, /v/ hates it WAY too much.

It is NOT just a "movie game" like everyone says, the gameplay is actually pretty damn good and interesting. I'm suspicious that most people who hate it probably haven't even played it.
>>
>>376895939
>worst mgs because of character design and small moments
Not an argument.
>>376896173
No, it's not, sadly it is 2deep4u
>>
File: Knack.jpg (57KB, 256x320px) Image search: [Google]
Knack.jpg
57KB, 256x320px
>>376894745
tell them they're wrong
>>
I would rather see Uncharted take that spot.

Naughty dog are the only ones capable of mixing movie and game to the benefit of both sides.

The Last of Us is just a direction shift not a new milestone. In other words Uncharted did what The Last of Us did way before.
>>
>>376896395
Yeah how could I forget that riveting gameplay of dragging ladders while the characters talk.
>>
>>376896497
That happens like 3 times in the whole game
>>
>>376896614
It's still 3 more times than I wanted to do it.
>>
>>376894745
Almost everyone is fine with it except /v/
>>
Never gonna happen. Some plebs who haven't played many games will continue to regard it as one of the greatest games ever made, but nobody will ever consider it an artistic achievement in the same league as Ulyses, Hamlet, Beethoven's 5th etc.
>>
>>376894745
I think that would be Bloodborne, not this cheap shit senpai
>>
>>376896614
dat revolutionary floating plank puzzle
dat revolutionary press triangle to help me up
dat revolutionary scavenge rubbish bin and 'craft'
dat revolutionary 'stealth'
>>
>>376896694
Yeah and almost everyone considers skyrim to be one of the greatest RPGs ever made. Almost every girl I've ever met considers twilight to be one of the greatest stories ever told.

The difference is that /v/ can form a much stronger argument for why the last of us is a sub-par game than its defenders can form for why it's a good game.
>>
File: 1494542095040.jpg (62KB, 800x541px) Image search: [Google]
1494542095040.jpg
62KB, 800x541px
I would an ellie
>>
>>376894745
I still like TLOU and the gameplay is literally lit and every encounter reminds me of setting up shit for big daddies in Bioshock
>>
>>376896763
Literally the worst souls game. Still better than TLoU I guess but not by a huge margin. If it has to be a PlayStation exclusive I think that Nioh, Purse-owner, MGS4 and the Yakuza series are better achievements.
>>
File: 1494690222498.jpg (939KB, 2540x3478px) Image search: [Google]
1494690222498.jpg
939KB, 2540x3478px
>>376896439

So MGS2 is a masterpiece and 2deep4u not because it has good gameplay, or characters, or mechanics, or graphics, but because of few hours of recorded dialogs.

Think what the above means, dude. There are audiobooks that would be better games than MGS2.

On the other hand, TLOU is one of the best technical achievements in videogames history. The quality Naughty Dog achieved with such a painful hardware as PS3 is amazing. Hard to comprehend the low level multi-threaded performance, ahead of its time.

Gameplay wise, even though solid, is repetitive and simple. But the enemy design, and art direction, is sublime, better than MGS2 with bland industrial level and caricature characters. Ahead of its time technologically wise too, but it was in the first years of PS2. MGS3 is a bigger achievement due to this.
>>
>>376894745
I'll be reading a book. hopefully.
>>
TLoU was the straw that broke the camels back for my respect for video game critics. Until that point I had put a degree of faith in game criticism websites, albeit only a small ammount that grew continually thinner. But after the one-two blow that was TLoU and Bioshock Infinite I gave up completely on reading reviews. Other over hyped trash from recent years like GTA5 and skyward sword didn't help the problem.
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 720x720px
>>376896861
>/v/ can form a much stronger argument
also
>every girl I've ment considers twilight to be one of the greatest stories ever told
what is this 2008?
>>
>>376897038
It has good gameplay
It has compelling characters
It's a complete overhaul from MGS mechanically
It's graphically gorgeous, still looks good
So no, it's not a masterpiece just because of recorded dialogue.
TLoU on the other hand seems to keep getting overrated because of its graphics and its dialogue, nothing in TLoU is as technically impressive as the boat sequence in Drake's Deception, that with having a simulated sea that moves the boat in different ways every time the game is played.

The gameplay is not only repetitive, it is insulting in its simplicity, its art direction (nature taking over abandoned buildings) is a post-apocalyptic trope, kitsch and far from sublime, that you consider a game like MGS2 a game with a "bland industrial level" (it happens in an oil tanker and a cleaning plant so it just shows you haven't paid much attention to it when playing it)
>>
>>376897357
it has to be since your calling TLOU a masterpiece.
>>
>>376897038

The enemy design in tlou from a mechanical perspective is nothing to write home about. Tier 1 rusher zombie, tier 2 rusher with good hearing, tier 3 best hearing but blind, tier 4 hulk from l4d.

From an art direction perspective is neat I guess, even if it's not much more than "fungal zombies". Some intern from ND read that fungal infection spreads from ants to humans to get them to climb high things creepypasta from X circa 2010 and here we are 7 years later still having to suck ND's dick for putting out a game with positively a lot of mass appeal.

The enemies, "puzzles", exploring, and foraging as mechanics are all well designed but only made to be serviceable to the point that they enchance the story. The game is 100% plot first so your enjoyment is likely to hinge on whether you like the plot.

I'm curious how they're going to fuck it all up with the sequel. They'll probably go full pc and make Joel more of a literally hitler than he already was
>>
Only Tumblr ,Reddit and Normies think that
This game is terrible
>>
>>376897793
When did I say that you fucking idiot?
>>
>>376897814
Hopefully you kill white males in the sequel.
>>
File: 1489229906722.png (96KB, 536x476px) Image search: [Google]
1489229906722.png
96KB, 536x476px
>supposedly "the greatest game ever made"
>for the last 2 or so years have no discussion about it or even heard anyone mention it aside from when 2 was announced
>games like Dark Souls, for example, still get discussed and talked about every day and it's even older
This game is going to be forgetten by time.
>>
fondly remember how much fun I had with it because at the end of the day, that's whose opinion matters most to me.
>>
>>376895696
>>376896334
>But the downtime is so fucking horrible
You'll find that the game is a mess at times with how much downtime you get or don't. You get nearly nothing in the city and it's just completely stressful because item management is a mess unless you're on normal, there's so many enemies covering every single thing that you will throw yourself at the situation until you learn everyone's movements, and you have to basically choke everyone out to conserve ammo for the escape and the entire sewer segment coming up. Then you just get long amounts of talking while you wander around the dam which takes like ten to twenty minutes before anything happens at all, then you fight for at least an hour again, and then you go to the university wandering around doing nothing for at least a solid half an hour, then Ellie's entire segment is just fight after fight after fights with Joel switching back and forth with her.

The only real likable characters are Ish but he's dead and I guess Tommy's crew as well. Ellie is hit or miss but she's mostly good, and Joel is just too tired of it all to really end up caring about him (At least to me, I never got that attached).

Honestly, my biggest problem with The Last of Us was how much you had to conserve absolutely everything unless you were playing on Normal or Easy. There's next to no ammo drops, arrows break more often than not, the bricks and stuff laying on the ground are almost entirely pointless unless you need to take out a Clicker because it'll just attract everyone to that spot and then they go immediately on alert forever, and then the game has segments where you know it wants you to waste your ammo (Most of the sewer, that massive city ambush where the guy is strung up if you don't exploit the upper window area and how it destroys their AI, the entire dam, etc) but you know you can't because unless it's a NG+ you have no idea what's coming up next and you might need all the supplies.
>>
>>376897373
>It has good gameplay
MGS1 copy paste, which was already copying the previous games
>It has compelling characters
Vamp, Raiden, Fatman, etc. are empty pieces of shit that a child could have created.
>It's a complete overhaul from MGS mechanically
Nope.
>It's graphically gorgeous, still looks good
Monochrome textures after they run out of budget from the first Snake segment.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.