[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>if you play anything other than a high intelligence character

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Planescape-torment-box.jpg (41KB, 404x502px) Image search: [Google]
Planescape-torment-box.jpg
41KB, 404x502px
>if you play anything other than a high intelligence character then you will miss important story and lore bits
>you will also gain nothing for not playing high intelligence character, because whole game is story focused and combat is a filler 95% of the time

Yup, great rpg that me play like I want
It's like old Baldurs Gate "roleplaying" when if you wants to play bad character, you will have to deal with guards attacking you full time and that's it – no fun options, only tedius annoyance
>>
>lore
Who. Gives. A Shit.

You get different dialogues and reactions from NPCs depending on your alignment and INT/CHA
>>
You can literally skip 95% of the combat
>>
>>376892986
First off it's not like you're limited to a single play through, rpgs aren't ever really supposed to be 100% completed on a single character. Fuck knows what happened with bethesda games that made them think this was a good idea.

Second of all, some rpgs aren't combat focused, some are more combat focused than they are story focused.

Planescape Torment - Story>Combat
Icewind Dale - Combat>Story
BG - Story=Combat

The game is about trying to figure out your story, it's not about having the story handed to you or grinding your way to the credit screen.
It's probably just not for you.
>>
>>376893091
Yes, I think that's exactly the point OP is making.
>>
Think of PST as JRPG. It's a story driven game that borders on a visual novel, but lets you punch monsters from time to time. The game credits cite Final Fantasy as a source of inspiration
>>
>>376893294
Yeah, PS:T is pretty much a Western JRPG.
https://youtu.be/vn58158ygXI
https://youtu.be/IJyUQ7zarS8
>>
>>376892986
If you are a retard you'll miss a lot even irl you know right? Yes you know.
>>
>>376893294

I think of it as the missing link between the two.
>>
Wasn't wisdom the stat that you absolutely needed
>>
>>376895128
Yes, op didnt play the game. You know how it works here.
>>
>>376894710
>I want my games just like real life!
If it is such a great video game, there should be viable in-game situations only for characters with high str or dex.
Like surviving some sort of physical trial that will gain you access to the options only available for a high str/dex/etc characters.
>>
It was 3. You needed high wis, int and charisma to see all the chat.

it was an RPG like they used to make 'em. You could be a retarded brute, but you would miss the story because your character is too dumb to observe the world around them. you could be a smart nerd but obviously you'd be a pussy and pushed around by Chads. Fallout had the same mechanisms except even more intense since a pitiful Int character in Fallout spoke like an absolute retard which made it all the funnier to think the Vault sent out their resident hulking angry sperg who somehow saved the Wasteland.
>>
>>376895240
You can survive in fact, but since you are a retard you will miss some points. This is called rpg, if you play a neanderthalian brute dont expect to understand how everything works around you.
>>
>>376892986
Developer led RPGs always have shit stories

Sandbox RPGs > Themepark RPGs

Case and point; DF
>>
I played it with a int/wis/cha fighter. First become a mage, you can take care of all the things that require you to be a mage in the first town. Circle etc. Almost all the other stuff can be done while a fighter with high int/wis/cha.
Then you get axe of the jester, butcherer of innocents, hatred's gift etc. Great axes. Talk your way out, and murder the rest.
You'll get all the story, and won't die. And berserk is fun to play with.
>>
>>376895358
DF's Adventure mode is clunky as fuck and feels dead though.
Only engaging part of it is the combat.
>>
>>376892986
>not playing as int/wis/cha
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.