[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>9 hours in >do some side shit too >it ends with an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

File: Nier_Automata_cover_art.jpg (65KB, 357x399px) Image search: [Google]
Nier_Automata_cover_art.jpg
65KB, 357x399px
>9 hours in
>do some side shit too
>it ends with an anticlimatic battle
Ok, I liked it but what the fuck?
>>
you finished chapter 1
>>
While there's more to come, the game is still pretty short if you focus mainly on main quests.
>>
>>376891108

Part 1 of the prologue is complete, do all the same shit again with a different character then you'll get the plot
>>
>>376891108
If you enjoyed the gameplay keep going.
I you didn't, you'll probably hate part 2.
>>
>May 2017
>still have the OMG WTF FINISHED IN 6hrs?!?!?!?!?! posts
>>
It took me 25 hours to beat Route A.

I had 50+% of sidequests done and ended up being grossly overleveled for the rest of the game. Still throughly enjoyed it though.
>>
>>376891875

Don't worry, those will be with us for the next year at least, and they'll be back once a new Taro game comes out.
>>
>>376891108
You're still 12 hours away from the climax of the story
>>
>>376892884
Same

The combat in this game is too good, I spent hours upon hours just beating up trash droids
>>
>finish ending E
>garbage final boss
What the fuck, I was expecting a roided up super senator or a rhythm game against a eldritch giant, not a shitty generic android fight followed by a bullet hell against the credits
>>
>>376891108
>Not trying to 100% all his games.
What is this casual shit?
>>
I'm honestly debating putting on a podcast or something as I run through 9S's campaign. The gameplay is just a slower, shallower version of 2B's and it's really distracting.
>>
>>376893371
Eldritch rhythm games are drakengard's thing.
>>
but it didnt end yet
>>
>>376894401

9S is just as deep as 2B, you just need to experiment more.
>>
I really enjoyed the side quests
even the slightly annoying ones had something to add to the story/characters or at least reflected the overall theme. Including bucket otouto

though the only one I haven't bothered with is the scanner mission yet, and haven't finished the enemy report
>>
>>376891550
This.

Keep playing.
>>
>>376892884
Don't know anymore how long i needed for A but got E after ~53 hours and had 90% of the sidequests done. Really thought it would be longer.

Also 3 Pod Bomb grossly overpowers you for everything.
>>
>>376893371
The theme of taro's games are fuck you, right? Why would you go into them expecting him to do something he already did?
>>
>>376896180

Taro games always average out to 50-60 hours. Honestly they're "experience" games done right. Instead of a 2 hour walking sim about some "deep" subject caught up in it's own pretensions, you get a game with the authors thoughts on a theme or ideas.
>>
>>376896504
Still enjoyed it for what it was.
They were 50 hours that never felt boring to me - only was slightly annoyed by 9S throughout the game.
>>
>Simplistic combat
>Generic repetitive enemies
>Bullet hell segments get tiresome after a few hours
>Looks and plays like a PS2 game
>Need to grind 40+ hours to get the full story which is supposedly good
>Story is literal tumblr-tier faggotry

You people have the worst taste. I'm glad I pirated this piece of shit.
>>
>>376896205
Genuinely not sure if you're sarcastic or if you actually don't understand the theme. It's not fuck you. It's fuck finding an ultimate purpose/goal because it's all pointless and will end in self-destruction. So break the cycle and enjoy the ride without worrying about what life means.
>>
>>376897235

This is some weak ass bait my friend.
>>
>>376894401
>Not hijacking a machine
>Not making a machine bro squad
>>
>>376897309
How is anything he said not true?
>>
>>376891108
actually finish the game you stupid fuck.

Jesus christ. Nier Automata's game design is flawed because it assumes the player isn't a complete retard that stops at ending A.
>>
>>376897363

It's obvious bait my friend. If you agree with his opinion then fine, but he stated it in a way that is clearly meant to incite responses.
>>
>>376897235
You can get the entire story in ~10 hours with no grind. Everything else is sidequests that give thematic context or shit that was already explained in outside material.
>>
>>376897456
Then why did you respond in the first place, autist.
>>
>>376897672

Trying to help the shitposter up his game.

Why so angry my friend?
>>
>>376897235
/bread
>>
>>376897468
>play a story driven game with great gameplay
>doesn't touch the side quests

I get people not liking side quests, or games with them, but you probably shouldn't be playing games where story and world building arguably make up more of the experience.

If you just want a game play focused game, there's plenty.
>>
>>376897849

>I didn't fully read the post
>nor did I take the time to get context

try again man.
>>
File: 2017_05_13 02_00_41.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017_05_13 02_00_41.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>376891108
Took me 30h to get to the main game, desu. After first walkthrough I myself thought, meh.. But now, probably the best game of this year.
>>
they should have removed the shitty backtracking side quest and only keep the good ones.

I
>>
>>376897931
And I'm simply saying while you can get the gist of the plot by rushing through the main quests, the overall impact and experience is affected

can=/=should unless you've already beat the game.
Not that you need to do all side quests, but skipping all or a large portion misses the point of this style of exploitative storytelling.

It'd be like ordering chinese food at an italian restaurant.
You could since it's offered, but it's not going to be as good as if you just ordered it from a place that normally makes chinese, so you might as well just go to a chinese place unless you actually want italian.
>>
>>376891108
It's the prologue.
>>
>>376897235
The only complaint I had with the whole game was the hacking segments were too easy. Perfect length, but I wish there were like... 8x as many projectiles, and more variations.
>>
>>376893371
Credits battle was the best part of the game though.
>>
>>376896504
>50-60 hours
Literally how. I beat the all endings aside from Y in 28 hours. Finished all the side quests and ending Y in 33 hours.
>>
>>376897235
Yeah, it has some serious technical problems on PC too. I'm still having fun with it but its not worth the AAA price tag.
>>
>>376898384
>You can't get the whole story unless you spend 50 hours playing!
>Yeah you can, you just miss context.
>BUT THEN YOU MISS CONTEXT!

Are you just pretending to be retarded?
>>
>>376896504
>you get a game with the authors thoughts on a theme or ideas
This is what Taro fags actually believe
>>
File: 1466638978285.jpg (45KB, 523x476px) Image search: [Google]
1466638978285.jpg
45KB, 523x476px
>>376898384
>food analogy
>>
>>376896674
Pretty much exactly me as well. I just had fun the whole way through whilst being a bit annoyed at losing the heavy attack button with 9s. Then I nuked my save and am looking forward to second run getting 100% and never taking it off hard.
>>
>>376891875
Apparently the game got a crack recently >>376899927
>>
>>376891108
>game literally tells you to do a new game+ for more story content
>go on /v/ instead and complain because you lack reading comprehension
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.