[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just bought this old ass game and I wanted to know if there's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: pb-flcl-21875721-1152-864.jpg (54KB, 499x388px) Image search: [Google]
pb-flcl-21875721-1152-864.jpg
54KB, 499x388px
I just bought this old ass game and I wanted to know if there's any info I need before starting it. Any info is welcome.
>>
Yes its shit, play Fallout 4, you'll enjoy it much more
>>
>>376872097
It's garbage even by 90' standards, play nv instead
>>
>>376872097
its a good game, if you have trouble with figuring something out, just google it

keep in mind its a roleplaying game, so be prepared to use your imagination
>>
>>376872174
Calm down Todd
>>
>>376872420
This is why fallout 4 is better
>>
>>376872097
Read the fucking manual.
There's a lot I didn't know until the end of the game because I didn't read the manual and I was forced to perform a certain action. The UI is clunky.
>>
>>376872174
>>376872364
/v/ everybody, this is /v/ now
>>
>>376872097
>>376872174
>>376872364
You all make me feel old as shit.

Play it. Blind. Like you should play games.
>>
>>376872097
invest in agility
>>
charisma is useless
>>
>>376872471
>>376872174
>>376872364
fuck off underage
>>
>>376872097
Charisma is literally worthless.
>>
Set LCK to 6
>>
>>376872893
>24
>underage
What did he mean by this?

You need to come to the realization that Fallout was never meant to be a turnbased RPG and works much better as an open world adventure game. Engine limitations back then made EVERYTHING an RPG. Not because people wanted those games, but because they were the best thing available.
>>
>>376872986
Also you can essentially beat the game within an hour of playtime so just take your time and try to explore as much as you can
>>
>>376873093
24 is the new 14 you fresh faced imbecile.

What people are you even talking about? Who settled? What engine limitations? There were open world games releasing contemporaneously.
>>
>>376872097
Fallout 2 is definitely better
>>
>>376872097
Uninstall is in the options tab.
>>
>>376873093
nine memes dude, you really convinced me. you need to realize that fallout was meant to be a turnbased roleplaying game because the first two games in the series were turnbased roleplaying games. it wasnt until bethesda bought the license that fallout became an "open world action game." and no, "engine limitations" dont define rpgs. having freedom in how you want to build your character, and define them through the choices and interactions that you make is what defines rpgs.
>>
>>376872097
max out perception and aim for the eyes, fallout franchise is baby's first rpg. should take you 10 hours tops to beat on first playthrough, maybe only 3 hours if you don't fuck around
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLJ1gyIzg78&t=552s
>>
It's a good, fun game. Energy weapons are broken as fuck but hard early on, steal is a good skill but thats up to you. Gifted is the best trait in the game.

In general, think and act like a normal human would. Don't tell everyone everything about yourself.
>>
>>376872097
Read the manual. All the info you might need is contained there.
>>
>2nd play through
>put all points to agility, luck, and intelligence.
>immediately go to maraposa millitary base
>get taken to Lou Tennet
>tell him to fuck off and before he hits me, led him into a corner
>reverse pickpocket cult meber with door key and steal his robes
>search adjacent locker and grab stealth boy and seemingly useless keys
>set base to self destruct
>sneak past and bullshit every super mutant in the base
>base blows up
>gain 10,000 EXP
>put it all into sneak
>travel to cathedral
>pickpocket set of keys
>enter the master's lair
>sneak into level 3 of base
>talk to super mutant guards standing next to base self destruct computer
>pill out 10mm
>activate VATS
>combat starts
>use key in computer
>run away
>sneak out of base
>leave cathedral
>it blows up
>beat game
>Overseer tells me to get lost
>Maybe you'll think of me when you're all alone
I just beat your game in 10 minutes nerds, how does it feel?
>>
>>376874256
http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/38400/manuals/Fallout_manual_English.pdf
>>
>>376874319
It feels good to know that the game can actually be beaten in such a way by someone who knows its locations and mechanics well and its parts are not forcibly gated off by invisible walls or scripted events or invulnerable NPC's. Like it would happen in games today.
>>
>>376874479
Yeah I know. Still loved classic fallout to death. Still.
Fallout 2 > Fallout 1> Fallout NV >Fallout 3 >Fallout 4
Newer fallout protagonists will never have the courage to kick and power fist death claws in the groin
>>
>>376872471
hurr durr my poor widdle bwain is the size of a walnut
>>
>>376872174
t. todd
>>
>>376874319
lies
you forgot the water chip
>>
>>376875674
The only condition for victory by the game's only logic is if the master is killed. The water chip is irrelevant in this instance.
>>
>>376872097
>bought
tell me it was an old ass retail copy anon
tell me you didn't give Bethesda money for a digital copy of a game they didn't make
>>
>>376872097
There is a pasta here with an OP Superintendent Chalmers saying all the plotholes in fallout 3.
Those are made for times like this one, but I don't have it.
>>
>>376872097
Yeah, download the fallout fixt mod.
>>
So I just left the vault and I got killed by a radscorpion. Do I just avoid combat the whole game? My stats are
>CHR
>STR
>AGI
>END
>INT
>PER
>LCK
>>
>>376872097
ALWAYS PICK UP AT LEAST ONE ROPE
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.