[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What I don't understand about them releasing Mario Kart

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

What I don't understand about them releasing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on the switch, is because what will happen to the next game in the series?
The whole reason why Mario Kart 7 is still alive, is because it's on the 3DS which has an entirely different community, while the next game will most likely also be on the Switch (unless they make another handheld which is unlikely). Do they just expect the next game and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe to co-exist? Will the next game not have something that Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has? It's really odd that Nintendo chose to do something like this.
>>
>>376870768
Maybe they'll save Mario Kart 9 for the next system after Switch. Series sometimes skip systems.
>>
They did it because Mario Kart 8 sold a zillion copies even on a system that not a lot of people had.
Selling a game that did well on a system that's doing better than their last is a sure thing, no matter how much people complain about it.
>>
The game is good enough to sustain a whole generation, Nintendo would risk a lot by releasing a new Mario Kart.
>>
The next game will be F-Zero
>>
>>376870768
What if they focused on making DLC for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe? They could in theory add enough content to make up for missing out on a brand new installment.
>>
Mario Kart team iis going to be busy supporting ARMS this gen.
>>
>The whole reason why Mario Kart 7 is still alive
But it isn't.
>>
>>376871332
That's not a sure thing with how badly they're marketing it.
>>
>>376872790
It's not coming out for a while, anon. They'll properly advertise it close to release. Besides, it's a Switch exclusive, early adopters will eat it up if it's good. The Switch's attach rates are phenomenal; Disigea 5 sold almost half as much as the original on pre-orders alone.
>>
>>376871150

>sold a zillion copies even on a system that not a lot of people had

Because those few people who actually owned a Wii U had almost nothing else to play. The Switch, unlike the Wii U, sold gangbusters and putting 8 on the Switch guarantees a much larger playerbase.
>>
>>376873232
It comes out next month (June 16th), Anon. But yeah, they're going to advertise it heavily at E3, that's only a couple days before it's release.
>>
>>376873232
>It's not coming out for a while, anon. They'll properly advertise it close to release.
We're one month away and have almost no information on the game's modes and at least three of its characters.
>>
>release MK8
>retards buy it
>stop supporting it
>release MK9
>retards buy it
>make some dlc
>repeat
it's the Call of Duty model, it's not like they're making continuous money from MK8, it's a one time purchase so who gives a shit if people buy it and play for a day or buy it and play for 10 years
>>
>>376873831
Oh yeah, really Call of Duty with the eight games, discounting the three arcade games, over a period of more than twenty years.
>>
File: 1490889997473.png (32KB, 808x805px) Image search: [Google]
1490889997473.png
32KB, 808x805px
>>376874392
model might have been the wrong word, but it's the cod strategy, release game, stop supporting it, release new game, watch it happen
>>
>>376870768
8 had 40 something courses. they couldn't just kill it there and make a new one, it would be a waste of resources.
>>
>>376874668
It's not all that comparable. The games only lose support when the console does, while there are tons of games with sequel upon sequel upon sequel that lose online support and updates.
8 is the first game in the series to even get DLC or downloadable extras.
>>
>>376870768
>What I don't understand
yeah, you don't understand.
Because you're not a professional.
Nintendo isn't risking shit by releasing the switch's best selling game so far.
They could shit out another DLC pack and people would still buy it.

Nintendo knows what they're doing, don't worry.
>>
File: dongveryhard.jpg (186KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
dongveryhard.jpg
186KB, 720x960px
The next one will be something completely different.

Either they'll finally pull the trigger and do Nintendo Kart, or do Mario Kart Maker.
>>
>>376870768
MK7 > MK8

RNG only gets worse as the franchise goes forward, I wouldn't be surprised if on the next entry they put 20 simultaneous racers with a chance of nabbing double blue shells at once for each character.

Single player in this shit became a joke after SNES. The only reason I'm still in is for local multiplayer.
>>
>>376875618
>Having friends
Normals be gone
>>
>>376873831
>call of duty model
>8 games across 8 different systems across 25 fucking years
You're a retard.
>>
>>376876535
Leave him, it is literally ok when nintendo does it.
>>
>>376870768
Mario Kart 8 is the best in the series and is a great, great title to have early in a system's life. The only people who have a problem with it are the retards who actually bought a Wii U.

Like me.

But I don't have a problem with it because I sold it well before the Switch was even announced, as you should have too.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.